PDA

View Full Version : Porter projected to start?

Joel Buchsbaum
05-25-2023, 04:13 PM
Is Porter starting?

Northern_Blitz
05-25-2023, 04:18 PM
Way, way to early to know this IMO.

But my guess is that he does not start day 1.

whisper
05-25-2023, 06:34 PM
Way, way to early to know this IMO.

But my guess is that he does not start day 1.

Well, he's not listed to as of yet but it's early. Peterson and Levi starting CB right now.

"BuzzNuter"
05-25-2023, 07:03 PM
I would think that by the first game, he will be splitting time with CB#2, whoever that is. He is a press corner and I believe he will be a full time starter by week 4.

Joel Buchsbaum
05-26-2023, 06:48 AM
I would think that by the first game, he will be splitting time with CB#2, whoever that is. He is a press corner and I believe he will be a full time starter by week 4.

We have transformed our CB's and suddenly have big, strong, and long guys who can excel at press coverage. The DC needs to play to our strengths. Can T. Austin do this?

Iron City Inc.
05-26-2023, 01:57 PM
Patience is not something everyone wants to hear but it's needed with rookies and new players. Got to let them battle it out n best man wins. Porter could be 3rd on depth chart at one point and starting week 2 and never look back and go on to have a great career.

Steel Maniac
05-26-2023, 01:59 PM
We have transformed our CB's and suddenly have big, strong, and long guys who can excel at press coverage. The DC needs to play to our strengths. Can T. Austin do this?

He better!! No more 10 yard cushions for the opposing WR's.

whisper
05-26-2023, 01:59 PM

Having "press coverage" CBs sound good on paper, but it doesn't always work out that way. J Peezy Jr. is gonna find NFL WRs can "get away" from his press coverage and get wide open. What's he gonna do then? Pick off the pass? Not according to his history.

Steel Maniac
05-26-2023, 02:00 PM

This is Steel Maniac and I approve of this post. LOL

Captain Lemming
05-26-2023, 03:51 PM
Patience is not something everyone wants to hear but it's needed with rookies and new players. Got to let them battle it out n best man wins. Porter could be 3rd on depth chart at one point and starting week 2 and never look back and go on to have a great career.

Patience? What is THAT.

whisper already suggested it is 8-12 picks (more than ANYONE last season) as a rookie or he is a fail. :)

whisper
05-26-2023, 04:14 PM
Patience? What is THAT.

whisper already suggested it is 8-12 picks (more than ANYONE last season) as a rookie or he is a fail. :)

I was basing my predictions off the comments by the yinzers in here. They were all saying how J Peezy Jr's lack of interceptions in college was because opposing QBs were afraid to throw his way. So, being he was now playing in the NFL - and every CB has passes thrown their way - he would compile a group of int. because of such. And since the only reason he didn't have a compilation of picks because he hadn't had passes thrown his direction at PSU, I was forecasting how many picks he would have (being that he would have passes thrown his way). And although 6 was the high in interceptions in 2022, 2021 saw the leader with 11 (Diggs). I am sure you'd expect our virtual 1st round CB to be near the head of the pack in ints, no? Especially since the only reason he didn't have any (1 his entire career) picks at PSU simply because QBs never threw his direction. So, in that context, 8-12 is not that high.

Captain Lemming
05-26-2023, 05:51 PM
I was basing my predictions off the comments by the yinzers in here. They were all saying how J Peezy Jr's lack of interceptions in college was because opposing QBs were afraid to throw his way. So, being he was now playing in the NFL - and every CB has passes thrown their way - he would compile a group of int. because of such. And since the only reason he didn't have a compilation of picks because he hadn't had passes thrown his direction at PSU, I was forecasting how many picks he would have (being that he would have passes thrown his way). And although 6 was the high in interception in 2022, 2021 saw the leader with 11 (Diggs). I am sure you'd expect our virtual 1st round CB to be near the head of the pack in ints, no? Especially since the only reason he didn't have any (1 his entire career) picks at PSU simply because QBs never threw his direction. So, in that context, 8-12 is not that high.

Dude how dense can one be. NOBODY suggested WE KNOW he is an interception beast.

All we said is it is impossible to KNOW he can?t catch either based on stats when he is rarely attacked.

He locked people down with coverage so good people did not go after him.

THAT is why he was a highly regarded prospect.

Nobody was high on him in relation to proven ability to be a high volume interceptor. That ain?t why he went high. Nobody knows EITHER WAY because he was not tested.

Joel Buchsbaum
05-27-2023, 07:29 AM
Having "press coverage" CBs sound good on paper, but it doesn't always work out that way. J Peezy Jr. is gonna find NFL WRs can "get away" from his press coverage and get wide open. What's he gonna do then? Pick off the pass? Not according to his history.

This is a fair point, but he has shown this ability to play press coverage in college, and we have lacked such a player for a while. With our pass rush having the ability to play press coverage well is an asset. Porter must watch those grabby hands but when the ball is in the air on short routes, his lenght and abiltiy to defend the pass by getting in position to knocking it down is clearly an asset.

Can he defend the other routes well? I don't know because he was rearly put in position to do so. Scouting corners is tough business, just look at the bust rate at the position. I clue you in, its high. Maybe somelse has the data.

BUT at least the ability to play press and have a good pass rush compliments each other as those 5-8 yard cushion can disappear when you can play that style of coverage.

IMO, Porter went to the right team. I am a big believer in NFL bloodlines. If he is half as good as his dad was, we have a player! Porter sr was a great LB in coverage.

-JB

Oviedo
05-29-2023, 03:06 AM
This is a fair point, but he has shown this ability to play press coverage in college, and we have lacked such a player for a while. With our pass rush having the ability to play press coverage well is an asset. Porter must watch those grabby hands but when the ball is in the air on short routes, his lenght and abiltiy to defend the pass by getting in position to knocking it down is clearly an asset.

Can he defend the other routes well? I don't know because he was rearly put in position to do so. Scouting corners is tough business, just look at the bust rate at the position. I clue you in, its high. Maybe somelse has the data.

BUT at least the ability to play press and have a good pass rush compliments each other as those 5-8 yard cushion can disappear when you can play that style of coverage.

IMO, Porter went to the right team. I am a big believer in NFL bloodlines. If he is half as good as his dad was, we have a player! Porter sr was a great LB in coverage.

-JB

Solid, rational post...agree with all

Joel Buchsbaum
05-29-2023, 07:28 AM
Solid, rational post...agree with all

Thanks. I'd like to hear from a PSU fans who saw most of there games take on Porter jr.

Here is video of the Steelers ( why doesn't Tomlin have a PC / smart device, everyone else in the room does ) of Porter jr being drafted.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/joey-porter-jr./3200504f-5277-3442-9f31-894fa5a2ca5d

NorthCoast
05-29-2023, 09:13 AM
Having "press coverage" CBs sound good on paper, but it doesn't always work out that way. J Peezy Jr. is gonna find NFL WRs can "get away" from his press coverage and get wide open. What's he gonna do then? Pick off the pass? Not according to his history.That is what safeties are for my friend. Besides, disrupting timing and giving enough time for the pass rush to hit home is an equal part of playing press. WRs in the NFL are going to catch passes. The rules are written for it. Limiting the damage is what CBs (and safeties) are tasked with.

feltdizz
05-29-2023, 09:33 AM
Thanks. I'd like to hear from a PSU fans who saw most of there games take on Porter jr.

Here is video of the Steelers ( why doesn't Tomlin have a PC / smart device, everyone else in the room does ) of Porter jr being drafted.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/joey-porter-jr./3200504f-5277-3442-9f31-894fa5a2ca5d

This isn’t a video of the war room.

Why the hell do you guys keep pointing out what is or isn’t in front of Tomlin?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
05-29-2023, 11:10 AM

-JB

All true. This is the crap shoot of the draft. He definitely passes the eye test physically. He has competed well against top college competition. He has shown at a college level to have a skill that this team covets. He has bloodlines. He has connections for top flight assistance if he needs help. Almost everything a team looks for when drafting.

But unless he puts it together on the field, he is just another guy who looked like he should have hit but didn't.

Blitzer
05-29-2023, 01:57 PM
He was basically a 1st roud pick. I would hope he starts at some point. And I hope the do not annoint him the starter. make him earn it.

Joel Buchsbaum
05-29-2023, 02:46 PM
This isn’t a video of the war room.

Why the hell do you guys keep pointing out what is or isn’t in front of Tomlin?

There is a video playing the moment he was drafted in the link. It is the war room. I'm stating that Tomlin has no screen, laptop, or smart dive showing, the other coaches and GM's do. Why? Other war rooms show the head coaches with a screens. Tomlin not having one is very old school.

whisper
05-29-2023, 03:00 PM
he locked people down with coverage so good people did not go after him.

rotmfflmmfao

whisper
05-29-2023, 03:07 PM
There is a video playing the moment he was drafted in the link. It is the war room. I'm stating that Tomlin has no screen, laptop, or smart dive showing, the other coaches and GM's do. Why? Other war rooms show the head coaches with a screens. Tomlin not having one is very old school.

Cool Shades bases drafts on how his chicken wing dinners go. Old school.

NJ-STEELER
05-30-2023, 09:40 PM

I saw that and took it as a sign to let the GMs do what they do best.

hopefully they get away from tomlin being so involved in the draft process.
let him concentrate on coaching.
Maybe the game planning and game management won?t suck as much.

Joel Buchsbaum
05-31-2023, 05:11 AM
All true. This is the crap shoot of the draft. He definitely passes the eye test physically. He has competed well against top college competition. He has shown at a college level to have a skill that this team covets. He has bloodlines. He has connections for top flight assistance if he needs help. Almost everything a team looks for when drafting.

But unless he puts it together on the field, he is just another guy who looked like he should have hit but didn't.

At Offensive Line the crap shoot of the draft among the first 32 players drafted ( as Porter was ) ... you need to roll a 7 or 11 to find a good player. In other words good odds. At corner back the odds and a bit worse say you needs to roll a 3 or 12 to find a good player. For those who understand Craps
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craps that is my take on the game and the draft. It's a crap shoot.

Joel Buchsbaum
05-31-2023, 05:18 AM
I saw that and took it as a sign to let the GMs do what they do best.

hopefully they get away from tomlin being so involved in the draft process.
let him concentrate on coaching.
Maybe the game planning and game management won?t suck as much.

It a sign that Tomiln is very involved or too school old to use a pc. He might not even have one in his office. Other NFL head coaches use PC's or smart devices during draft day.

NJ-STEELER
05-31-2023, 10:57 AM
It a sign that Tomiln is very involved or too school old to use a pc. He might not even have one in his office. Other NFL head coaches use PC's or smart devices during draft day.

The video I saw, he was away from khan weidl and the scouts.
up front by the tv as Porter was getting announced.
while khan was in the phone and a laptop with weidl focused on his laptop as well.

as almost to say. Go over there Mikey and let the pros handle this. Lol

Steel Maniac
05-31-2023, 12:36 PM

That's your boy! Tomlin is old school..per 1992!! No laptop; no X's & O's in tight games; Tomlin running it the way that's been so succesful for him the last 6 playoff years. Yeah!!

feltdizz
05-31-2023, 03:31 PM
lmao.. so hilarious seeing folks cherry pick Tomlin’s involvement in the draft based off a photo or 10 second video clip.

Captain Lemming
05-31-2023, 03:38 PM
lmao.. so hilarious seeing folks cherry pick Tomlin?s involvement in the draft based off a photo or 10 second video clip.

They are scared of the future success and are proactively trying to make the case that Tomlin had nothing to do with it.

I can hear it now.

IT WAS KHANS TEAM. :)

hawaiiansteel
05-31-2023, 04:09 PM
They are scared of the future success and are proactively trying to make the case that Tomlin had nothing to do with it.

I can hear it now.

Tomlin could only win with Khan's players. :p

Blitzer
05-31-2023, 04:23 PM
Only on this board can a thread about Porter starting turns into Tomlin sucks and is afraid of technology in a few short posts.

Blitzer
05-31-2023, 04:24 PM
Tomlin could only win with Khan's players. :p

thats good. going to use that in Feb after Kenny is raising up trophy number 7!

feltdizz
06-01-2023, 09:49 AM

I can hear it now.

but as soon as a player drops a pass or gives up a TD.

THANKS TOMLIN!!!

NJ-STEELER
06-01-2023, 12:19 PM

I can hear it now.

you see any dri archers,
A mcfarlands in this draft ?

Steel Maniac
06-01-2023, 12:36 PM
you see any dri archers,

Thank you sir.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-01-2023, 12:43 PM
thats good. going to use that in Feb after Kenny is raising up trophy number 7!
wait... flippy? BWAHAHAHA

SteelerOfDeVille
06-01-2023, 12:44 PM
you see any dri archers,
no, but there's one on the team

whisper
06-01-2023, 06:28 PM
but as soon as a player drops a pass or gives up a TD.

THANKS TOMLIN!!!

Nothing is Tomlins fault, not the lazy practices, undisciplined team so many player talk about, none of it. It's only everyone else's fault, didn't you know? Tomlin sure looks cool in his shades and swinging whistle plus locker room dances.

feltdizz
06-01-2023, 06:42 PM
Nothing is Tomlins fault, not the lazy practices, undisciplined team so many player talk about, none of it. It's only everyone else's fault, didn't you know? Tomlin sure looks cool in his shades and swinging whistle plus locker room dances.

Nothing or everything.. only 2 options available in the minds of the simple folk. ;)

NorthCoast
06-07-2023, 09:52 PM
Few CBs were better at press man than JPJ Jr last season. From an analytics view:

?The most physical rerouter in this year?s draft.?

Many of the quotes for these positions are made up, or are a mixture of common tropes. This quote is an actual quote from nfl.com?s strengths profile of Joey Porter Jr. Using tracking data, we not only can track movement, but also the ability to keep someone from moving. In plays where the corner was in press coverage, and looking at the change in depth 1 second after the snap, we can see how little ground each corner gave up. Joey Porter Jr was 4th in the country in least distance moved, and averaged only .131 yards in depth on all his press plays. .131 yards! I?d say that counts as physicality at the line of scrimmage.

Captain Lemming
06-08-2023, 12:43 AM
The video I saw, he was away from khan weidl and the scouts.
up front by the tv as Porter was getting announced.
while khan was in the phone and a laptop with weidl focused on his laptop as well.

as almost to say. Go over there Mikey and let the pros handle this. Lol

Folks are raving about the rookie cornerbacks and now Tomlin was not even involved in the picks. :)

I THOUGHT Y’all were convinced Tomlin is the only reason we draft corners.

Captain Lemming
06-08-2023, 12:53 AM
you see any dri archers,

Nope. Same coach different GM.

It is not that hard to understand if we weren?t obsessed with Tomlin getting all the blame and none of the credit.

Colbert is gone and you can?t even grasp the OBVIOUS correlation.

At least whisper is an equal opportunity hater. :)

NorthCoast
06-08-2023, 06:04 AM
Few CBs were better at press man than JPJ Jr last season. From an analytics view:I was going to add that this is another reason why I like analytics for scouting. Think about it. You have maybe a dozen CBs you want to consider for the draft. You could have a scout sit through 100s of hours of tape to figure out some ranking. Instead, you go to the analytics table and look up the metric of interest, find the few that hit your target, and then go watch tape to confirm your choices. It's called working smarter, not harder. The challenge is still there for scouts to decide what metrics are important for the system the team wants for the player.
Also with numbers, rather than descriptions ("most physical rerouter") you can quickly say how 'good' is 'good' or how bad is bad (most teams convert their descriptions into number buckets in the end anyway). The good news is that it was rumored that Kahn used analytics more aggressively than Colbert ever did. If this draft is the result of that then hold on to your hats for the next ten years!

.....climbing down from soapbox....:D

Oviedo
06-08-2023, 07:22 AM
Folks are raving about the rookie cornerbacks and now Tomlin was not even involved in the picks. :)

I THOUGHT Y?all were convinced Tomlin is the only reason we draft corners.

Its a mystery isn't it? Something good happens and its because of others and Tomlin was on vacation...something bad happens and it all Tomlin

Maybe Colbert leaving is the key to success. Too stuck in his ways

Oviedo
06-08-2023, 07:24 AM

It is not that hard to understand if we weren?t obsessed with Tomlin getting all the blame and none of the credit.

Right on the mark. I said during the draft that maybe Colbert was the issue all along

feltdizz
06-08-2023, 09:10 AM

I THOUGHT Y’all were convinced Tomlin is the only reason we draft corners.

oh, you didn’t know?

Tomlin is only responsible for the picks that don’t pan out.

Remember, if Colbert didn’t pick TJ Watt then Tomlin was going to pick Taco :D

feltdizz
06-08-2023, 09:12 AM
Right on the mark. I said during the draft that maybe Colbert was the issue all along

not true.. its Tomlin. How else can we improve our drafting immediately after Colbert left?

That, my friend.. is ALL Tomlin. Its so obvious. :D

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
06-08-2023, 12:08 PM
oh, you didn’t know?

Tomlin is only responsible for the picks that don’t pan out.

Remember, if Colbert didn’t pick TJ Watt then Tomlin was going to pick Taco :D

Only makes sense. Tomlin is the guy who goes out for dinner with the players. This time he was thinking Mexican and wanted a taco.

whisper
06-08-2023, 12:34 PM
not true.. its Tomlin. How else can we improve our drafting immediately after Colbert left?

That, my friend.. is ALL Tomlin. Its so obvious. :D

Don't forget Cool Shades' love-infatuation for Malik Willis before Kenny fell to us. How's he doing any how? Oh, he's horrid. TN is moving of of him as far as they can. But Tomlin loved him.

NJ-STEELER
06-08-2023, 12:49 PM

start paying attention to the team more. i know a lot of ya can barely even watch the steeler games but yet still comment.

... first round. reports said the front office wanted to go OL, coaching wanted CB porter. who was selected ?

...video of draft day. right before our #32 pick. can see weidl, khan, scouts all on their laptops and working the phones.
mikey is facing away from a table watching the TV screen as porter pick about to be announced... what does that say in your opinion

... reports that rooney/khan talking about the future of this team. said they wanted to emphasize run game and defense.
who was brought in? weidl. one of architects of the eagles team that featured the above.
suddenly we're emphasizing OL in the top rounds and free agency

no dri archers or chris rainey's in this draft. no mendenhall or sweed type picks with the coach commenting post draft "why can't the steelers be a team that scores 40 points"

i think the new pattern is clear. hopefully it continues

NJ-STEELER
06-08-2023, 12:53 PM

tomlin wanted porter at 17. no secret there.

where are we if tomlin had his say?

porter (overdraft) and then who at 32?

Steel Maniac
06-08-2023, 12:55 PM
start paying attention to the team more. i know a lot of ya can barely even watch the steeler games but yet still comment.

... first round. reports said the front office wanted to go OL, coaching wanted CB porter. who was selected ?

...video of draft day. right before our #32 pick. can see weidl, khan, scouts all on their laptops and working the phones.
mikey is facing away from a table watching the TV screen as porter pick about to be announced... what does that say in your opinion

... reports that rooney/khan talking about the future of this team. said they wanted to emphasize run game and defense.
who was brought in? weidl. one of architects of the eagles team that featured the above.

no dri archers or chris rainey's in this draft. no mendenhall or sweed type picks with the coach commenting post draft "why can't the steelers be a team that scores 40 points"

Thank you Sir for telling the truth with no over exaggerations.

Steel Maniac
06-08-2023, 12:55 PM

Thank you Sir for again telling the truth.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-08-2023, 12:59 PM

thank gawd colbert is gone...

Northern_Blitz
06-08-2023, 01:01 PM

So what you're saying is that you believe that roster construction is the job of the GM?

Particularly if you think that a 1st year GM can over rule a long tenured HC.

Let's try to remember that for other personnel decisions.

Everyone who I've heard talk about the draft process with the Steelers (includes at least Colbert, Kahn, LeBeau and Gorscak) says that it's a collaborative effort. That everyone gets to voice their opinion and a consensus is reached.

So while I wouldn't have been surprised if we picked Porter at 17 (I think there were lots of people in play there and maybe none of them were guys who didn't have a reasonable shot at being there at 32), I believe that Kahn, Tomlin, and Rooney found consensus on the pick.

Steel Maniac
06-08-2023, 01:24 PM
So what you're saying is that you believe that roster construction is the job of the GM?

Everyone who I've heard talk about the draft process with the Steelers (includes at least Colbert, Kahn, LeBeau and Gorscak) says that it's a collaborative effort. That everyone gets to voice their opinion and a consensus is reached.

So while I wouldn't have been surprised if we picked Porter at 17 (I think there were lots of people in play there and maybe none of them were guys who didn't have a reasonable shot at being there at 32), I believe that Kahn, Tomlin, and Rooney found consensus on the pick.

That’s not true.

I’ve seen various reports from different sources saying Tomlin beat the Tom Tom about taking Porter at 17 ; but Khan said No.

hawaiiansteel
06-08-2023, 01:27 PM
FIRE Colbert!!!!

feltdizz
06-08-2023, 03:25 PM
Fowler believes that Mike Tomlin views Porter as more of a late-first-round prospect. By these words, it sounds like the Steelers would love to have him at pick 32, but not necessarily at 17. However, Porter is expected to be long gone before Pittsburgh is on the clock to open Day 2 of the 2023 NFL Draft.

I think if we couldn?t get a trade partner at 14 and Jones was gone then Porter is probably the pick at 17.

this article suggest we weren?t as high on Porter at 17 as some suggested.

Always rumors before a pick is made too.

https://stillcurtain.com/posts/steelers-rumors-pittsburgh-doesn-t-love-joey-porter-jr-pick-17

NorthCoast
06-08-2023, 03:50 PM
That’s not true.

I’ve seen various reports from different sources saying Tomlin beat the Tom Tom about taking Porter at 17 ; but Khan said No.Links?________

Oviedo
06-08-2023, 03:58 PM

Got proof of that or just an opinion?

Oviedo
06-08-2023, 03:59 PM
That’s not true.

I’ve seen various reports from different sources saying Tomlin beat the Tom Tom about taking Porter at 17 ; but Khan said No.

Post the links

NJ-STEELER
06-09-2023, 01:10 AM

believe what you wish, its a free country

some idiots believed we shouldn't sign our DPOY and other superb ideas that even dwarf that level of stupidity

NJ-STEELER
06-09-2023, 01:12 AM

yeah

follow the team.com

lol

BURGH86STEEL
06-09-2023, 03:15 AM
I have it on good authority that this isn't the 1st year the Steelers drafted an Olineman with the 1st pick of the draft. I also have proof the Steelers drafted Olinemen in the 2nd round, 3rd round, and 4th rounds of the NFL draft since 2007.

The Steelers also spent 41 mill in 2021 on two FA Olinemen. 2021 wasn't the 1st year the Steelers signed a FA Olineman.

BURGH86STEEL
06-09-2023, 03:24 AM
Its a mystery isn't it? Something good happens and its because of others and Tomlin was on vacation...something bad happens and it all Tomlin

Maybe Colbert leaving is the key to success. Too stuck in his ways

These guys haven't played a down in the NFL yet. We talking about OTAs.

feltdizz
06-09-2023, 07:35 AM
If you hate Tomlin you will do all you can to believe he wasn’t involved. If not, you will believe the opposite.

One thing we all know, though if a player doesn’t pan out Khan won’t be blamed. It will be Tomlin’s fault and Tomlin’s pick. :p

Monalo
06-09-2023, 10:44 AM
That?s not true.

I?ve seen various reports from different sources saying Tomlin beat the Tom Tom about taking Porter at 17 ; but Khan said No.

You can't post the links for these reports because there are none. If there are I would like to read them.

However, I did read this around draft time.

"Fowler believes that Mike Tomlin views Porter as more of a late-first-round prospect. By these words, it sounds like the Steelers would love to have him at pick 32, but not necessarily at 17. However, Porter is expected to be long gone before Pittsburgh is on the clock to open Day 2 of the 2023 NFL Draft."

https://stillcurtain.com/posts/steelers-rumors-pittsburgh-doesn-t-love-joey-porter-jr-pick-17

whisper
06-09-2023, 10:49 AM
You can't post the links for these reports because there are none. If there are I would like to read them.

"Fowler believes that Mike Tomlin views Porter as more of a late-first-round prospect. By these words, it sounds like the Steelers would love to have him at pick 32, but not necessarily at 17. However, Porter is expected to be long gone before Pittsburgh is on the clock to open Day 2 of the 2023 NFL Draft."

However it happened, I'm glad it did. We need that LT pick taken in the 1st with Jones sitting there. I have no problem with Peezy Jr. going in the 2nd.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-09-2023, 10:56 AM
"Fowler believes that Mike Tomlin views Porter as more of a late-first-round prospect. By these words, it sounds like the Steelers would love to have him at pick 32, but not necessarily at 17.
I read this one a few times... but, who needs facts these days?

feltdizz
06-09-2023, 11:06 AM
However it happened, I'm glad it did. We need that LT pick taken in the 1st with Jones sitting there. I have no problem with Peezy Jr. going in the 2nd.

this is how folks should view.

Khan and company keeps saying they draft as a collective.

Khan also answers tons of questions in the Florio interview. Some of the transcript is here:
https://sports.yahoo.com/khan-recaps-nfl-draft-decision-161245283.html

He also gives props to Sheldon White for preparing them for the board. Props to scouts for identifying players. But this really says that Jones was our target if he was available and we could work a deal..

We spent a lot of time with Broderick. We interviewed him at the combine. We went to his pro day, had dinner with him the night before his pro day, spent a lot of time with him at his pro day, and then we brought him in for 1 of our 30 visits.
And we just felt like he was a Steeler. He was just a very impressive young man. And, obviously, he's a good player. And the future's bright for him. He hasn't played a ton of football.
And there's a lot of upside there. But going through the process, he was a player that we had targeted. And the way the board was coming down, we knew there was a chance he'd still be there. But once we got an opportunity to get to 14, it was a no brainer for us.

Northern_Blitz
06-09-2023, 11:12 AM
That?s not true.

I?ve seen various reports from different sources saying Tomlin beat the Tom Tom about taking Porter at 17 ; but Khan said No.

I'm glad that you believe that roster decisions are not the job of the HC.

Unfortunately for you, it hollows out many of your arguments against Tomlin.

But that's not actually what you seem to believe (or at least what you argue). The argument usually goes something like this: "If it's something I like, it's because Tomlin was over-ruled. If it's something I don't like, it's because of Tomlin." This move in particular is a good example.

And that's silly IMO.

Do you really think that if there was a power struggle in the front office, the rookie GM would beat the long tenured HC? Everyone who's ever been in the room says that decisions are made by consensus. Except may be Tom Dunahoe?

And if you do believe that Tomlin lost a power struggle with Kahn, how can you also believe that the coach is all-powerful and responsible for everything bad that's happened to the team in the last decade and a half of so? Surely Colbert had more clout with Rooney than Kahn does, right? He was running "football operations" with the team for almost a quarter of a century.

feltdizz
06-09-2023, 11:15 AM

they make it seem like Tomlin was screaming Porter at 17 and Khan told him to shut up and sit in a corner.

We have a board, we probably had Jones and another player or 2 on our radar if they dropped to 14 or to a spot where we felt comfortable making a move for them.

This idea that Tomlin had his arms folded for JP2 at 17 and nothing else is hilarious.

we get Jones and Porter and people still find ways to use it against Tomlin.. lol.

feltdizz
06-09-2023, 11:26 AM

But that's not actually what you seem to believe (or at least what you argue). The argument usually goes something like this: "If it's something I like, it's because Tomlin was over-ruled. If it's something I don't like, it's because of Tomlin." This move in particular is a good example.

And that's silly IMO.

Do you really think that if there was a power struggle in the front office, the rookie GM would beat the long tenured HC?

And if you do, how can you also believe that the coach is all-powerful and responsible for everything bad that's happened to the team in the last decade and a half of so?

same thing happened the prior year with Malik Willis. Someone floats the name and all a sudden its a given that this is our guy.. but when it doesn?t happen its because Tomlin was over ruled, not because we have a draft board in place and have some guys rated higher.

Tomlin also said this about his connections to players the last few years.

There?s guys for me in every draft, particularly in recent years, that I have a similar background with,? Tomlin said. ?Maybe, they?re Pittsburgh guys or they are in a similar age group to my sons. You know, the Skyy Moore discussion a year ago or D Ham (Damar Hamlin) or the guys that play next door. I know all of those 412s because I?ve been a part of this community for so long, I?ve essentially watched those guys grow up? it?s not as unique as you would like to make it, but I?m sure you are gonna make it so. But there?s a handful of those guys for a variety of reasons in recent years that make that less relevant from my perspective.?

Monalo
06-09-2023, 11:34 AM
they make it seem like Tomlin was screaming Porter at 17 and Khan told him to shut up and sit in a corner.

We have a board, we probably had Jones and another player or 2 on our radar if they dropped to 14 or to a spot where we felt comfortable making a move for them.

This idea that Tomlin had his arms folded for JP2 at 17 and nothing else is hilarious.

we get Jones and Porter and people still find ways to use it against Tomlin.. lol.

EXACTLY! I agree 100% on all points. We get Jones AND Porter, but some find reason to whine about Tomlin. Unbelievable.

And if 1 of these 2 players flop, they will put it all on Tomlin. As if the Pres, VP, GM, Asst GM and the entire scouting staff had no input.

Captain Lemming
06-09-2023, 11:36 AM

That?s not true.

Reports, reports, reports.
So many reports.

Reports are true WHICH IS WHY WILLIS is our starting QB and we had no interest whatever in Kenny. It does not matter because Kenny was drafted by CAROLINA long before we had a chance.

I literally believe EVERY report is BASELESS.

It is conjecture based on watching who we visit, eat with etc.

NOBODY IS TELLING REPORTERS WHO THEY ARE TAKING.

THAT is STUPID.

What POSSIBLE MOTIVE would ANYONE have to tell the media there is a divided priority among the key players in the draft?

The same sources that told you we LOVED Willis is spewing this garbage.

You make the clicks, you read the articles. Those juicy rumors have done their job. :)

feltdizz
06-09-2023, 11:51 AM
So many reports.

Reports are true WHICH IS WHY WILLIS is our starting QB and we had no interest whatever in Kenny. It does not matter because Kenny was drafted by CAROLINA long before we had a chance.

THAT is STUPID.

What POSSIBLE MOTIVE would ANYONE have to tell the media there is a divided priority among the key players in the draft?

You make the clicks, you read the articles. Those juicy rumors have done their job. :)

Exactly.. what cracks me up is before we picked Kenny a ton of people wanted to play poker with the Steelers because they all knew Willis was the pick.

Captain Lemming
06-09-2023, 11:58 AM
So many reports.

THAT is STUPID.

Some is just PURE speculation and outright lies.

Secondary coach Tomlin wants to draft a corner who is the kid of a Steeler if he had the first overall pick AN EASY storyline as is that Weidl is THE MAIN champion of drafting a lineman first. It makes sense.

Ooh that is SWEET CLICKABLE DRAMA.

Do I doubt Tomlin loves having Joey in a personal way? I don’t doubt that.

Is he going to miss out on the chance to draft the LAST elite tackle in a freakishly DEEP cornerback draft to do that? Nope.

But VALUE matters to EVERYBODY. That is how you get to consensus.

I PERSONALLY VALUE CORNER WAY MORE THAN ANYBODY HERE. I AM ON RECORD FOR WANTING A CORNER IN THE FIRST.

I named Porter as my first round preference.

Nevertheless-
I said BEFORE THE DRAFT if we trade down IT WILL BE a tackle and named JONES as a tackle I’d take over Porter.

I repeat what I have said many times. I take an elite cornerback over ANY position other than QB. I have said LT is one of the most overrated positions period. That is MY opinion.

Yet our move is so obvious EVEN I SAID BEFORE THE DRAFT I WOULD DRAFT JONES OVER PORTER.

Value trumps even my pro cornerback anti LT bias.

What we did is an OBVIOUS NO BRAINER to suggest that Tomlin HAD to disagree is just being a hater.

whisper
06-09-2023, 12:10 PM
So many reports.

THAT is STUPID.

Anyone who hasn't figured out the process is purposely murky isn't trying very hard. Other than some rare examples (the drafting of Big Ben, after he became such an obvious success.) the Rooneys like to keep non-committal on what decisions they are making. Like or not, but that removes them from accountability. They have called the shots on coordinators since Tomlin has been HC. How obvious does it have to be?

I do not believe Art is heavily involved in the draft after the 1 ROUND, IN CONCEPT ONLY ("We need to beef up the OL," for example.). I do believe Art is usually gone from the draft room after the 1st round pick? But I am sure they got his blessing on Peezy Jr. Tomlin has his word in the draft, but he's hardly "the man" when it comes down to it. You can tell that just from his demeanor during the draft.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-09-2023, 12:14 PM
this is how folks should view.

Khan and company keeps saying they draft as a collective.

Khan also answers tons of questions in the Florio interview. Some of the transcript is here:
https://sports.yahoo.com/khan-recaps-nfl-draft-decision-161245283.html

He also gives props to Sheldon White for preparing them for the board. Props to scouts for identifying players. But this really says that Jones was our target if he was available and we could work a deal..

We spent a lot of time with Broderick. We interviewed him at the combine. We went to his pro day, had dinner with him the night before his pro day, spent a lot of time with him at his pro day, and then we brought him in for 1 of our 30 visits.
And we just felt like he was a Steeler. He was just a very impressive young man. And, obviously, he's a good player. And the future's bright for him. He hasn't played a ton of football.
And there's a lot of upside there. But going through the process, he was a player that we had targeted. And the way the board was coming down, we knew there was a chance he'd still be there. But once we got an opportunity to get to 14, it was a no brainer for us.
from the moment he put the coach in flight at the combine, he was my own favorite... :lol:

SteelerOfDeVille
06-09-2023, 12:18 PM
And if 1 of these 2 players flop, they will put it all on Tomlin.
I hadn't even thought this far ahead, but it's so true!! Presently, Tomlin was overruled and the team took Jones. if he flops, it'll be Tomlin's fault that they took him.... we all know this will be the case

Steel Maniac
06-09-2023, 12:48 PM

And that's silly IMO.

Do you really think that if there was a power struggle in the front office, the rookie GM would beat the long tenured HC? Everyone who's ever been in the room says that decisions are made by consensus. Except may be Tom Dunahoe?

And if you do believe that Tomlin lost a power struggle with Kahn, how can you also believe that the coach is all-powerful and responsible for everything bad that's happened to the team in the last decade and a half of so? Surely Colbert had more clout with Rooney than Kahn does, right? He was running "football operations" with the team for almost a quarter of a century.

Look, .....I"m not the one to report it. The reports were that Tomlin wanted to take Porter at # 17. And that Khan didn't do it. Sorry that hurts your feelings but again, I didn't write the report.

As far as all those other things your ASSUMING...they are that. Just assumptions. Please read my signature for my whole argument about Tomlin; all that other "front office" stuff your talking about is from other posters. Playoff failure for more than a decade and lack of disipline are my beefs with Tomlin.

Stop confusing me with others.

Steel Maniac
06-09-2023, 12:48 PM
I hadn't even thought this far ahead, but it's so true!! Presently, Tomlin was overruled and the team took Jones. if he flops, it'll be Tomlin's fault that they took him.... we all know this will be the case

That's not true on my part. Maybe others.

Captain Lemming
06-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Look, .....I"m not the one to report it. The reports were that Tomlin wanted to take Porter at # 17. And that Khan didn't do it. Sorry that hurts your feelings but again, I didn't write the report.

As far as all those other things your ASSUMING...they are that. Just assumptions. Please read my signature for my whole argument about Tomlin; all that other "front office" stuff your talking about is from other posters. Playoff failure for more than a decade and lack of disipline are my beefs with Tomlin.

The man speaks in ignorance because he does not read some of the best counterpoint to his already disproven arguments.

But let him keep referencing sources who history has already proven don?t know Jack.

Hilarious. :D

SteelerOfDeVille
06-09-2023, 12:58 PM
That's not true on my part. Maybe others.
I wanna believe you, i really do... :p

Steel Maniac
06-09-2023, 02:23 PM
I wanna believe you, i really do... :p

You should; You are letting a certain few ignorant posters influence you into thinking people who don't like Tomlin are "over the top" . I'm not. You see, you have a select few before you came in here who paint anyone who doesn't like Tomlin as irrational and over the top. That is their way of saying, " if you don't like Tomlin, I"m going to paint you as an idiot." And that's what continually do.

Don't go for their fried Ice Cream. If Jones ends up busting, I would not be blaming Tomlin.

NorthCoast
06-09-2023, 02:37 PM

Stop confusing me with others.I'll sorta help you out SM.

Tomlin said this; "There was a guy there [Porter] that we were very familiar with that we thought was worthy of that pick [#32]..... We probably would've been comfortable with him much earlier than that."

So he doesn't say pick 17, but suggests something earlier than 32.

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/05/steelers-would-have-drafted-joey-porter-jr-much-earlier-than-32nd-overall-mike-tomlin-says/

feltdizz
06-09-2023, 02:40 PM

what report? Just share the link. We would love to read it in context and see if the source is legit.

I’ve googled and can’t find anything that suggest Tomlin wanted JP2 and Khan said no. That doesn’t even sound right.

Another report in March that shows the team was hinting at going for Jones or OL with the first pick.

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2023/03/joey-porter-jr-is-a-popular-steelers-pick-but-signs-say-teams-thinking-even-bigger.html?outputType=amp

I think what often happens is someone on here says “reports say” and then people run with it and it becomes a fact.

All we are asking is to see these reports.. lol. For some reason, no one will provide them.

Northern_Blitz
06-09-2023, 02:41 PM

Come on Maniac. I'm asking you what you think. Not what you say you read / believed on the internet.

Do you believe that Tomlin has less power in the organization that Kahn when it comes to personnel decisions?

And if so, do you also believe that Tomlin would have had less power than Colbert? If not, why do you think Kahn has more power in the organization than Colbert did?

feltdizz
06-09-2023, 02:45 PM
I'll sorta help you out SM.

Tomlin said this; "There was a guy there [Porter] that we were very familiar with that we thought was worthy of that pick [#32]..... We probably would've been comfortable with him much earlier than that."

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/05/steelers-would-have-drafted-joey-porter-jr-much-earlier-than-32nd-overall-mike-tomlin-says/

and if Jones was gone more than likely we pick him at 17.

however, these folks are implying Tomlin was all in on Porter at 17 and Khan denied him.

most reports deny that and suggest that we were always looking at Jones or a big ugly with the first pick if the board fell our way.

Steel Maniac
06-09-2023, 03:44 PM

Thanks Northcoast, I saw that article too. But what was said on TV, by different analyst is that Tomlin wanted Porter at # 17. And Khan wouldn't do it. Thank God he didn't.

Now NC, that is a story made up "after the fact"... so as to not make Tomlin look bad. But the initial reports that were on NFL Network and ESPN on TV were that Tomlin wanted JP at # 17 and Khan wouldn't /did'nt do it. I don't think any of those analyst are making the story up and I don't think they have an ax to grind against Tomlin.

Northern_Blitz, read what you want to into that (as far as who has the power and all that kind of stuff your talking about) but I believe them. And if it bothers some of you, I don't know what to tell you.

Steel Maniac
06-09-2023, 03:50 PM
Come on Maniac. I'm asking you what you think. Not what you say you read / believed on the internet.

Do you believe that Tomlin has less power in the organization that Kahn when it comes to personnel decisions?

And if so, do you also believe that Tomlin would have had less power than Colbert? If not, why do you think Kahn has more power in the organization than Colbert did?

N_B, I believe the reports on NFL Network and ESPN on TV. They have no ax to grind against Tomlin. You can worry about the "power" aspect and all that.

I also believe the new GM combo of Khan/Weidl had a heavy influence on our draft; a refreshing influence. That most of us enjoyed. So yeah, based on the draft and how they heavily influenced it , they have a lot of "power". And there is no reason for both networks to report the same story on draft day and it not be true. Again..I'm sorry if that bothers you so much.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-09-2023, 03:52 PM
You should; You are letting a certain few ignorant posters influence you into thinking people who don't like Tomlin are "over the top" . I'm not. You see, you have a select few before you came in here who paint anyone who doesn't like Tomlin as irrational and over the top. That is their way of saying, " if you don't like Tomlin, I"m going to paint you as an idiot." And that's what continually do.

Don't go for their fried Ice Cream. If Jones ends up busting, I would not be blaming Tomlin.
Honestly, I know you dislike the coach. And there *have* been occasions where I see you blame stuff on him where I'm thinking, "say whaaaat?"

Even this current topic:

Most of their OL visits were all guys considered to be mid-to-late day 1 (which means 1st round pick) Those guys are Anton Harrison, O'Cyrus Torrence, Broderick Jones, Dawand Jones - who eventually went much later.

Most of their CB visits were generally considered day 2 guys who might sneak into day 1 (i.e., pick 32). Those guys are Banks, J.Brents, T.Stevenson, Ringo (cancelled), E.Forbes - who eventually went much earlier.

With that information, it would appear to me that the team had a plan to go OL in the first and DB in the second.

So..... "saay whaaat?" :p

BURGH86STEEL
06-09-2023, 03:59 PM

Your hate of Tomlin isn't over the top? Did you just type that? LMAO.

whisper
06-09-2023, 03:59 PM
N_B, I believe the reports on NFL Network and ESPN on TV. They have no ax to grind against Tomlin. You can worry about the "power" aspect and all that.

I also believe the new GM combo of Khan/Weidl had a heavy influence on our draft; a refreshing influence. That most of us enjoyed. So yeah, based on the draft and how they heavily influenced it , they have a lot of "power". And there is no reason for both networks to report the same story on draft day and it not be true. Again..I'm sorry if that bothers you so much.

I don't know, I missed it: what did the two networks agree and report on? That Tomlin didn't have as much power in the draft than with Colbert? Something seemed to have changed.

feltdizz
06-09-2023, 04:07 PM
Thanks Northcoast, I saw that article too. But what was said on TV, by different analyst is that Tomlin wanted Porter at # 17. And Khan wouldn't do it. Thank God he didn't.

Now NC, that is a story made up "after the fact"... so as to not make Tomlin look bad. But the initial reports that were on NFL Network and ESPN on TV were that Tomlin wanted JP at # 17 and Khan wouldn't /did'nt do it. I don't think any of those analyst are making the story up and I don't think they have an ax to grind against Tomlin.

Northern_Blitz, read what you want to into that (as far as who has the power and all that kind of stuff your talking about) but I believe them. And if it bothers some of you, I don't know what to tell you.

so story?s that don?t make Tomlin look bad are made up

but reports on TV that no one can verify are true?

lmao.. this sounds ridiculous.

more than likely you heard a report that Tomlin wanted Porter just like we heard a report Tomlin was in love with Willis in 2022.

Sure is convenient that you can?t find a link. Which means it probably didn?t happen or didn?t go down like you suggest.

feltdizz
06-09-2023, 04:13 PM
I don't know, I missed it: what did the two networks agree and report on? That Tomlin didn't have as much power in the draft than with Colbert? Something seemed to have changed.

sources say.. lol.

once again, a bunch of people penciled in Porter Jr as the pick for obvious reasons so I could definitely see someone try to say Khan ignored Tomlin’s wishes.

We heard the same claim on here when Kenny was drafted. “Thank God Tomlin did the get his way or we would have drafted Willis”

No actual proof besides the rumor floated by Willis’ college coach but that’s all it takes. When people swear a coach will pick a player and they dont they tend to spin the story instead of admitting they got it wrong.

Northern_Blitz
06-09-2023, 04:23 PM

I think we would have seriously considered Porter at 17. And I don't think any of us would have been surprised if he was the pick.

But throughout the draft process, it seemed like 17 was right around the slot where the tackles would all be gone. And since we spent a lot of effort stocking up on G's and almost non getting T's, it seems pretty reasonable to think that a T was pretty high on our list of wants. And so was CB.

Based on what we did, it seems clear that we valued Ts more than CBs.

Just like it was clear last draft that we had Pickett ahead Willis (and every other QB). Despite all the "reports" to the contrary.

Northern_Blitz
06-09-2023, 04:25 PM

Can you show us a clip? All those shows clip just about everything and post to youtube for the revenue.

My guess is that you heard what you wanted to hear.

And regardless of what talking heads said, the actions always speak louder than the words.

Northern_Blitz
06-09-2023, 04:27 PM
Honestly, I know you dislike the coach. And there *have* been occasions where I see you blame stuff on him where I'm thinking, "say whaaaat?"

Even this current topic:

Most of their OL visits were all guys considered to be mid-to-late day 1 (which means 1st round pick) Those guys are Anton Harrison, O'Cyrus Torrence, Broderick Jones, Dawand Jones - who eventually went much later.

Most of their CB visits were generally considered day 2 guys who might sneak into day 1 (i.e., pick 32). Those guys are Banks, J.Brents, T.Stevenson, Ringo (cancelled), E.Forbes - who eventually went much earlier.

With that information, it would appear to me that the team had a plan to go OL in the first and DB in the second.

So..... "saay whaaat?" :p

And I think that Porter was the fall back position at 17. And if we could trade up and the Ts were gone, I wouldn't have been surprised if we tried to trade down later in the first to take Porter.

Most of the names outside of the top Ts that I saw all had pretty much the same tag (Porter included): "Could see them selected at 17, but would rather wait until 32."

NJ-STEELER
06-09-2023, 10:27 PM
Just like it was clear last draft that we had Pickett ahead Willis (and every other QB). Despite all the "reports" to the contrary.

the team thought pickett wouldn't be there. as he was being mocked as high as 7. of course we liked pickett better. he was the consensus #1 QB coming out

the reason willis was being projected to us by everyone is the love affair tomlin had with him knowing pickett wouldn't be available, thus putting under the microscope in the draft process

NJ-STEELER
06-09-2023, 10:28 PM
Can you show us a clip? All those shows clip just about everything and post to youtube for the revenue.

My guess is that you heard what you wanted to hear.

And regardless of what talking heads said, the actions always speak louder than the words.

there was an article one of the steeler sites mentioned it. and it was discussed here on draft night

NJ-STEELER
06-09-2023, 10:50 PM

more than likely you heard a report that Tomlin wanted Porter just like we heard a report Tomlin was in love with Willis in 2022.

Sure is convenient that you can?t find a link. Which means it probably didn?t happen or didn?t go down like you suggest.

here ya go beatlezz

mark another Big L to your record on here.

you rival the washington generals win percentage :D

Andrew Wilbar
@Andrew_Wilbar

Based on what I have heard, it appears as if opinions may be split in the #Steelers organization, with Mike Tomlin wanting to address cornerback and EDGE rusher early in the draft while the front office wants to fix the offensive line once and for all.

Apr 14, 2023

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Wilbar/st..._&ref_url= (https://twitter.com/Andrew_Wilbar/status/1646899139114827778?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1646899139114827778%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=)

Steel Maniac
06-09-2023, 11:00 PM
here ya go beatlezz

Andrew Wilbar
@Andrew_Wilbar

Based on what I have heard, it appears as if opinions may be split in the #Steelers organization, with Mike Tomlin wanting to address cornerback and EDGE rusher early in the draft while the front office wants to fix the offensive line once and for all.

Apr 14, 2023

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Wilbar/st..._&ref_url= (https://twitter.com/Andrew_Wilbar/status/1646899139114827778?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1646899139114827778%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=)

Thank you.
As usual , their **** ******* favoritism for Tomlin blinds them from the truth. Like objective people just make up stuff about Tomlin.

NJ-STEELER
06-09-2023, 11:49 PM
Thank you.
As usual , their **** ******* favoritism for Tomlin blinds them from the truth. Like objective people just make up stuff about Tomlin.

annnnnd he posted in the thread!!! but "couldn't find anything on google" lolol

what do they say about smoking soooooo much weed and memory loss? hahaha

hawaiiansteel
06-10-2023, 02:54 AM
Thank you.

why don't you tell us again about how Cowher was a better head coach than Tomlin because Cowher's teams drafted earlier.

lmao...........Boom!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Lemming
06-10-2023, 03:31 AM
the team thought pickett wouldn't be there. as he was being mocked as high as 7. of course we liked pickett better. he was the consensus #1 QB coming out

the reason willis was being projected to us by everyone is the love affair tomlin had with him knowing pickett wouldn't be available, thus putting under the microscope in the draft process

Not in the case of the same clown just quoted as hearing of Tomlin and Khan not being on the same page.

He had us picking Willis OVER a still available Pickett in his mock.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2022/behind-the-steel-curtain-2022-andrew-wilbar

Why did he get it so wrong?

the Malik Willis to Pittsburgh rumors

It is EXACTLY what I described before (I never denied published stories). Baseless rumors to get eyeballs and clicks. I repeat my earlier question. Who goes around telling people who we want to draft? That is ridiculous on its face. Nobody is going to do that.

But how bout you go to that link, look at his mock draft record (100 percent wrong after pick 3) and tell me without laughing how good you think his SOURCES are. :)

whisper
06-10-2023, 12:16 PM
annnnnd he posted in the thread!!! but "couldn't find anything on google" lolol

what do they say about smoking soooooo much weed and memory loss? hahaha

Boom, shalackalacka, BOOM

feltdizz
06-10-2023, 02:37 PM
here ya go beatlezz

Andrew Wilbar
@Andrew_Wilbar

Apr 14, 2023

lmao.. a deleted tweet. Such a strong report.

As strong as Tomlin’s love affair with Willis.

Now that’s some serious reporting.

hawaiiansteel
06-10-2023, 03:26 PM
Thank you.
As usual , their **** ******* favoritism for Tomlin

thinking about your favorite topic again I see...

BURGH86STEEL
06-10-2023, 04:01 PM
Not in the case of the same clown just quoted as hearing of Tomlin and Khan not being on the same page.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2022/behind-the-steel-curtain-2022-andrew-wilbar

It is EXACTLY what I described before (I never denied published stories). Baseless rumors to get eyeballs and clicks. I repeat my earlier question. Who goes around telling people who we want to draft? That is ridiculous on its face. Nobody is going to do that.

But how bout you go to that link, look at his mock draft record (100 percent wrong after pick 3) and tell me without laughing how good you think his SOURCES are. :)
Based on what he heard and it appears................

Let's look at the facts. The Steelers addressed the OL, CB, and Edge in the draft and FA. These jokers :HeadBanger:HeadBanger:HeadBanger:HeadBanger:HeadB anger all in the name of hating Tomlin.

NJ-STEELER
06-10-2023, 04:05 PM

take him or any guy out there mocking players. They’ll all have 15-20 different guys being mocked to the team.

kiper, Jeremiah, you name them they all have multiple mocks with different players going to the same team.
they put these out as click bait. To gain the interest of the fan in what is now the relative slow season for the fan

NJ-STEELER
06-10-2023, 04:09 PM
lmao.. a deleted tweet. Such a strong report.

As strong as Tomlin’s love affair with Willis.

Now that’s some serious reporting.

yep. You’re wrong again.

you asked for a link and got one. In a thread on here that you didn’t remember. Lolol

But just like the site I linked that said Tomlin had the worst coaching move of the week back in the raiders gave in 2021. All of the nut huggers dismissed because it was another negative take on tomlin.

but post a positive spin on the coach. A link where someone’s opinion says he’s a top coach and you all treat it like it’s gospel.

never change.

Northern_Blitz
06-10-2023, 04:31 PM
there was an article one of the steeler sites mentioned it. and it was discussed here on draft night

I'd just like to see / hear some of that discussion.

Because my guess is that (like so much media content) it was mostly just made up to fill airtime or write another post.

I would also like to see if the interpretation that "Tomlin did not want to move up and take a Tackle" is correct.

My guess is that it is not. I think most of us would not have been surprised if we stayed at 17 and took Porter if a Jones (the last of the higher end Ts in the draft from the things I read) was not available.

Seems abundantly clear that if we stayed put and Porter and Jones were both available that we would have picked Jones. Just like we picked Pickett over Willis despite all the made up "Tomlin loves Willis more than anyone he's ever loved ever" reports that were around last season.

I highly doubt that there is a real story out there where any long tenured head coach or GM lays out their draft plan / draft board before the draft.

Steel Maniac
06-10-2023, 07:05 PM
yep. You’re wrong again.

you asked for a link and got one. In a thread on here that you didn’t remember. Lolol

But just like the site I linked that said Tomlin had the worst coaching move of the week back in the raiders gave in 2021. All of the nut huggers dismissed because it was another negative take on tomlin.

but post a positive spin on the coach. A link where someone’s opinion says he’s a top coach and you all treat it like it’s gospel.

never change.

Boom!!!!!!!!

feltdizz
06-10-2023, 07:50 PM
yep. You’re wrong again.

never change.

Just share the link. We would love to read it in context and see if the source is legit.

sure sounds like I asked for a source to see if it was legit.

lmao at acting like that “report” means Jones was never a possibility until Khan said something.

feltdizz
06-10-2023, 07:51 PM
I'd just like to see / hear some of that discussion.

Because my guess is that (like so much media content) it was mostly just made up to fill airtime or write another post.

I would also like to see if the interpretation that "Tomlin did not want to move up and take a Tackle" is correct.

My guess is that it is not. I think most of us would not have been surprised if we stayed at 17 and took Porter if a Jones (the last of the higher end Ts in the draft from the things I read) was not available.

Seems abundantly clear that if we stayed put and Porter and Jones were both available that we would have picked Jones. Just like we picked Pickett over Willis despite all the made up "Tomlin loves Willis more than anyone he's ever loved ever" reports that were around last season.

I highly doubt that there is a real story out there where any long tenured head coach or GM lays out their draft plan / draft board before the draft.

Tweets about the draft are now considered solid information these days.

Tomlin was so in love with Willis. Everyone knew it, which is why we didn’t draft him. :p

whisper
06-10-2023, 09:59 PM
Tweets about the draft are now considered solid information these days.

Tomlin was so in love with Willis. Everyone knew it, which is why we didn’t draft him. :p

Rooney let it be known he was NOT going to risk doing another Marino again. Whether or not Tomlin agreed, we will never know. When the owner wants a player, it's going down, period, end of story. Art II was not gonna risk passing on another prolific QB from Pitt again, not after they screwed the pooch on Marino.

NJ-STEELER
06-10-2023, 10:20 PM
sure sounds like I asked for a source to see if it was legit.

lmao at acting like that ?report? means Jones was never a possibility until Khan said something.

keep trying to deflect as you take another big L

feltdizz
06-10-2023, 10:25 PM
Rooney let it be known he was NOT going to risk doing another Marino again. Whether or not Tomlin agreed, we will never know. When the owner wants a player, it's going down, period, end of story. Art II was not gonna risk passing on another prolific QB from Pitt again, not after they screwed the pooch on Marino.

we will never know.. yet some are sure Tomlin loved Willis and was denied by Rooney.

feltdizz
06-10-2023, 10:25 PM
keep trying to deflect as you take another big L

yes.. posting my exact words is deflection.

NJ-STEELER
06-11-2023, 04:02 PM

whomp

puff puff pass

feltdizz
06-11-2023, 04:21 PM
whomp

puff puff pass

More than likely you heard a report that Tomlin wanted Porter just like he was in love with Willis in 2022.

NJ-STEELER
06-11-2023, 09:51 PM
More than likely you heard a report that Tomlin wanted Porter just like he was in love with Willis in 2022.

https://youtu.be/o3Lh5Tmi8Nk

whisper
06-12-2023, 09:12 AM

You mean you take players out to dinner that you aren't interested in? That seems odd.

feltdizz
06-12-2023, 09:51 AM
You mean you take players out to dinner that you aren't interested in? That seems odd.

Was Willis the only player Tomlin ate dinner with?

We took a total of 4 QB’s out to dinner before the 2022 draft.

We have interest in a lot of players, we aren’t “in love” with players simply because we feed them.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
06-12-2023, 10:52 AM
Considering that this argument could not have happened any later than pick 13, I can't see it being true. For one thing, the draft board would have been carved in stone long before they entered the room and we know for sure that Porter was not the highest remaining player on the board.

whisper
06-12-2023, 11:18 AM

We have interest in a lot of players, we aren’t “in love” with players simply because we feed them.

Going by common sense, we know Tomlin loved Willis; he was trumped by Art II, who still remembers being stung by not taking the last Pitt QB who was ranked 1st-round material, one Daniel Marino. Tomlin was hedging his bet; assumed Kenny would be taken before our pick. He was going all Willis. Thank God Art intervened.

feltdizz
06-12-2023, 11:31 AM
Going by common sense, we know Tomlin loved Willis; he was trumped by Art II, who still remembers being stung by not taking the last Pitt QB who was ranked 1st-round material, one Daniel Marino. Tomlin was hedging his bet; assumed Kenny would be taken before our pick. He was going all Willis. Thank God Art intervened.

If I love you.. we eat chicken wings

if I?m jot impressed, we dine at a steak house.

That natural news common sense. :D

I think most folks on draft night on here were shocked even though Pickett was still available. That is how wrong most were based on the lie of of all the love Tomlin had for Willis. The obvious is most thought Pickett would be gone so yes, maybe Willis was next on our lost but we will never know, its all speculation or just stubbornness for predictions being totally wrong on the Willis love.

whisper
06-12-2023, 11:52 AM
If I love you.. we eat chicken wings

if I?m jot impressed, we dine at a steak house.

That natural news common sense. :D

I think most folks on draft night on here were shocked even though Pickett was still available. That is how wrong most were based on the lie of of all the love Tomlin had for Willis. The obvious is most thought Pickett would be gone so yes, maybe Willis was next on our lost but we will never know, its all speculation or just stubbornness for predictions being totally wrong on the Willis love.

Sure, sure, Cool Shades didn't like Willis at all. Sure. What color is the sky in your world?

feltdizz
06-12-2023, 11:59 AM
Sure, sure, Cool Shades didn't like Willis at all. Sure. What color is the sky in your world?

who said he didn’t like him at all? I think the problem is folks use extremes. He either LOVES him or HATED him.

Its neither.

He was interested in Willis, Ridder, Howell and Corrall which is why he went to dinner with all of them.

Fans who were convinced he loved Willis cant accept they were wrong so they make up excuses for why he wasn’t drafted.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-12-2023, 01:35 PM
Going by ACTUAL common sense... just because you click with someone doesn't mean you think they're the best player... that's a weird leap you made there

From what I gather, Willis seemed pretty spiritual kid - as a preachers kid (aka, PK) myself, I would imagine I would have related to him.

Your final line should have read, thank god no one else took KP.

AFTER KP, that's where the conversation begins...

feltdizz
06-12-2023, 01:55 PM
Going by ACTUAL common sense... just because you click with someone doesn't mean you think they're the best player... that's a weird leap you made there

From what I gather, Willis seemed pretty spiritual kid - as a preachers kid (aka, PK) myself, I would imagine I would have related to him.

We met with damn near every QB in 2022. No way anyone could really pin point who we wanted based on a meal or visit.

I think folks seen a mobile Black QB from
VA and immediately thought he would be Tomlin’s guy for obvious reasons :D

Steel Maniac
06-12-2023, 06:35 PM

Hey SteelerOFDeVille, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII don't know; Whisper may be on to something here............

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/pittsburgh-steelers/mike-tomlin-loves-malik-willis-nfl-world-reacts

https://theshadowleague.com/pittsburgh-steelers-infatuated-with-malik-willis-after-years-of-traditional-qb-play-willis-is-the-dual-threat-mike-tomlins-all-in-on/

BURGH86STEEL
06-12-2023, 06:41 PM
Hey SteelerOFDeVille, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII don't know; Whisper may be on to something here............

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/pittsburgh-steelers/mike-tomlin-loves-malik-willis-nfl-world-reacts

https://theshadowleague.com/pittsburgh-steelers-infatuated-with-malik-willis-after-years-of-traditional-qb-play-willis-is-the-dual-threat-mike-tomlins-all-in-on/

Wrong.........

hawaiiansteel
06-12-2023, 06:49 PM
Wrong.........

as usual...

Captain Lemming
06-12-2023, 07:13 PM
who said he didn?t like him at all? I think the problem is folks use extremes. He either LOVES him or HATED him.

Its neither.

He was interested in Willis, Ridder, Howell and Corrall which is why he went to dinner with all of them.

Fans who were convinced he loved Willis cant accept they were wrong so they make up excuses for why he wasn?t drafted.

You are so dense Dizz. Easy explanation bro.

Clearly Tomlin wanted to draft all 4 top QBs not named Pickett in one draft. Pretty obvious what he was planning to do.

Thank goodness Rooney forced him to pick the only round one value in the draft.

Captain Lemming
06-12-2023, 07:18 PM
We met with damn near every QB in 2022. No way anyone could really pin point who we wanted based on a meal or visit.

I think folks seen a mobile Black QB from
VA and immediately thought he would be Tomlin’s guy for obvious reasons :D

Truth be told is YOU weren’t already on record as being the biggest Pickett fanboi on this forum you do know folk’s ABSOLUTELY would assume YOU’D pick Willis over Kenny. :)

BURGH86STEEL
06-12-2023, 07:35 PM
You are so dense Dizz.

Clearly we wanted to draft all 4 top QBs not named Pickett. Pretty obvious what he was planning to do.

Thank goodness Rooney forced him to pick the only round one value in the draft.
It's on official record that Cowher didn't want to draft Ben. There is no shame if a coach is overruled by the owner.

Captain Lemming
06-12-2023, 07:39 PM
take him or any guy out there mocking players. They?ll all have 15-20 different guys being mocked to the team.

kiper, Jeremiah, you name them they all have multiple mocks with different players going to the same team.
they put these out as click bait. To gain the interest of the fan in what is now the relative slow season for the fan

No he DOES NOT do more than a dozen mock drafts and he ain?t Kiper who made mock drafts into a stinking career.

Your reply is wholly without merit. Even if he had 2 or 3 versions, that website shows everyone?s LAST mock.

He mocked Willis to us with Kenny on the board based proven false rumors.

He ALSO had us picking Porter with Jones still available in his mock with his clearly mistaken rumors.

BTW I thought his getting every pick was wrong after pick 3 was bad.

YOUR TWITTER SOURCE FOR RUMORED INFIGHTING BETWEEN TOMLIN AND KHAN HAD ALL OF ONE correct pick, in this years draft. After pick one he got ZERO picks correct.

If you give a chimp the top 40 players and let him point to players in a BLIND RANDOM ORDER he’d likely hit on ONE player like this clown did.

THAT is your source of UNDENIABLE truth because he got SOURCES. :)

Joey Porter might have longer arms but EVEN HE cannot reach as much as you did here. :)

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2023/behind-the-steel-curtain-2023-andrew-wilbar?date=2023-04-27

Captain Lemming
06-12-2023, 07:49 PM
It's on official record that Cowher didn't want to draft Ben. There is no shame if a coach is overruled by the owner.

Not sure if you missed my sarcasm or not.

feltdizz
06-12-2023, 08:36 PM
Wrong.........

only thing those links show is Todd McShay was the source for everyone’s proof Tomlin was in love with Willis.

BURGH86STEEL
06-12-2023, 09:07 PM
only thing those links show is Todd McShay was the source for everyone?s proof Tomlin was in love with Willis.
The 1st article got off to a bad start by saying the Steelers. Then it's Tomlin.

Smoke screen? In the art of war by Sun Tzu.......... Great read. The book of 5 rings is also a great read.

The article suggests there are no smoke screens when it comes to the Steelers. Obviously........

NJ-STEELER
06-13-2023, 12:52 AM
No he DOES NOT do more than a dozen mock drafts and he ain?t Kiper who made mock drafts into a stinking career.

Your reply is wholly without merit. Even if he had 2 or 3 versions, that website shows everyone?s LAST mock.

He mocked Willis to us with Kenny on the board based proven false rumors.

He ALSO had us picking Porter with Jones still available in his mock with his clearly mistaken rumors.

BTW I thought his getting every pick was wrong after pick 3 was bad.

YOUR TWITTER SOURCE FOR RUMORED INFIGHTING BETWEEN TOMLIN AND KHAN HAD ALL OF ONE correct pick, in this years draft. After pick one he got ZERO picks correct.

If you give a chimp the top 40 players and let him point to players in a BLIND RANDOM ORDER he?d likely hit on ONE player like this clown did.

THAT is your source of UNDENIABLE truth because he got SOURCES. :)

Joey Porter might have longer arms but EVEN HE cannot reach as much as you did here. :)

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2023/behind-the-steel-curtain-2023-andrew-wilbar?date=2023-04-27

actually it was mentioned by more then 1 source. that's the source that was posted on here

you should ask hawiian why he posted it

NJ-STEELER
06-13-2023, 12:56 AM

hot dang. that likely sealed his fate with khan witnessing that all. explains why he and weidl proverbially told him to go sit in the corner :eek:

Oviedo
06-13-2023, 05:52 AM
only thing those links show is Todd McShay was the source for everyone?s proof Tomlin was in love with Willis.

McShay and Kiper are wrong a lot more than they are right. Some dummies haven't figured that out yet.

Joel Buchsbaum
06-13-2023, 06:12 AM

Name the players Tomlin took out for dinner? Tomlin likes some guys. The ones he really likes he takes out to dinner.

Joel Buchsbaum
06-13-2023, 07:18 AM
Not that the OTA tell you as much as camp, but if would be very nice to hear Porter jr showed the writers or coaches at least something in camp. Our 7th round pick stole the show with very good play. I'm the type of fan who wants every young player or rookie to shine unless he shows me game after game he is not the answer as a starter.

Trice played in 34 games as a Boilermaker, starting 24 of them. He scored two touchdowns over his career with pick-sixes against Maryland (2019) and Indiana (2022). A physical press corner, Trice accumulated five interceptions to go along with 20 pass breakups and 105 tackles during his collegiate career. 10 of which happed last year in 13 starts.

Okay that's production on a bad team.

At the combine he ran a 4.47 at 6'3" 206 pound and strong he is a free corner or safety.

Man we had a good draft.

feltdizz
06-13-2023, 08:24 AM
Name the players Tomlin took out for dinner? Tomlin likes some guys. The ones he really likes he takes out to dinner.

Found this..

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/04/2022-steelers-pre-draft-visit-tracker/

looks like we drafted no one we officially took out to dinner at that time.

whisper
06-13-2023, 09:51 AM
hot dang. that likely sealed his fate with khan witnessing that all. explains why he and weidl proverbially told him to go sit in the corner :eek:

McShay is usually $. And he was here as well. Thank Good Rooney stepped in or we'd have a dysfunctional joke at QB right now. And unlike TN, we'd still be sticking with Willis right now no matter how bad he obviously is because Tomlin "relates" to him.

feltdizz
06-13-2023, 10:10 AM
McShay is usually $. And he was here as well. Thank Good Rooney stepped in or we'd have a dysfunctional joke at QB right now. And unlike TN, we'd still be sticking with Willis right now no matter how bad he obviously is because Tomlin "relates" to him.

lmao. the same Todd McShay who said Ryan Finley was the most pro ready QB in 2019? ?Herbert has a big arm but Ryan Finley is the most pro ready QB?

that guy?

https://twitter.com/McShay13/status/1030211816964730882/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1030211816964730882&curre ntTweetUser=McShay13

amazing how someone can be completely right after being proved completely wrong.

lmao at making up a whole imaginary world to criticize something that didn?t happen.

whisper
06-13-2023, 11:29 AM
lmao. the same Todd McShay who said Ryan Finley was the most pro ready QB in 2019? ?Herbert has a big arm but Ryan Finley is the most pro ready QB?

that guy?

https://twitter.com/McShay13/status/1030211816964730882/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1030211816964730882&curre ntTweetUser=McShay13

amazing how someone can be completely right after being proved completely wrong.

lmao at making up a whole imaginary world to criticize something that didn?t happen.

Wait, if you find one thing something someone was wrong about it invalidates all of their opinions from then on? Well, sit down, Dizzy, you and your Bell predictions are way off base. Boom, shalackalacka, boom.

McShay was 100% right on Tomlin's love affair with Willis. Art saved us.

feltdizz
06-13-2023, 12:27 PM
Not surprised one bit a Natural News guy would think McShay was right while the facts proved he was wrong.

feltdizz
06-13-2023, 12:39 PM
lmao at The Spun article saying ?There is no way Willis last to 20?

yet, everyone takes that article as facts because of 1 tweet.

Goes to show how gullible Americans are in 2023. One tweet.. it MUST be true.

NJ-STEELER
06-13-2023, 12:59 PM

it?s def a little scary.
but I thought Rooney and art would never let that happen.
that?s why I say thank god no one drafted Pickett before us.

cant forget the ? he had a similar background in his upbringing? angle as well.

would have back to back #1 draft choices with Harris then Willis.
more chances for great tomlin coaching moments of providing black Air Force ones to every player.
alienating any player who didn?t grow up in or watch a show about that ghetto **** hole Baltimore

whisper
06-13-2023, 01:40 PM
Not surprised one bit a Natural News guy would think McShay was right while the facts proved he was wrong.

I think some one is stoned to the bone. Like usual. That explains a lot. Whoosh. Boom, shalackalacka boom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhqyZeUlE8U

Steel Maniac
06-13-2023, 01:42 PM
Wait, if you find one thing something someone was wrong about it invalidates all of their opinions from then on? Well, sit down, Dizzy, you and your Bell predictions are way off base. Boom, shalackalacka, boom.

Boom............

SteelerOfDeVille
06-13-2023, 02:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhqyZeUlE8U
I swear I didn't realize these guys had so many songs... seems they transitioned from one target audience (which I was initially a part of) to another :lol:

Next I'll find out Vanilla Ice had 25 hits...

feltdizz
06-13-2023, 02:29 PM
I swear I didn't realize these guys had so many songs... seems they transitioned from one target audience (which I was initially a part of) to another :lol:

Next I'll find out Vanilla Ice had 25 hits...

A long and consistent career.

feltdizz
06-13-2023, 02:31 PM
it?s def a little scary.
but I thought Rooney and art would never let that happen.
that?s why I say thank god no one drafted Pickett before us.

cant forget the ? he had a similar background in his upbringing? angle as well.

would have back to back #1 draft choices with Harris then Willis.
more chances for great tomlin coaching moments of providing black Air Force ones to every player.
alienating any player who didn?t grow up in or watch a show about that ghetto **** hole Baltimore

you should write more fiction in your free time. That was a good read, it almost felt like it actually happened.

https://media.tenor.com/nZ3vAhDsF8kAAAAM/welcome-to-fantasy-island.gif

Monalo
06-13-2023, 03:30 PM
A little common sense here. Tomlin had a conversation and dinner with Willis. But was around KP for 4 years.
Watched KP up close grow into a leader, a Heisman finalist and lead his team to an ACC title. He said they knew so much more about KP because of proximity and that made the decision much more comfortable.
He also said it took about 15 seconds on the clock after the New Orleans pick before us. It was an easy decision.

But some posters would rather go by rumors and make up stuff about Tomlin, but not listen to his own words.
The draft board is made up in collaboration. Their guy was there at pick 20. End of story. Nobody was overruled.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/mike-tomlin-it-was-an-easy-decision-for-us-to-choose-kenny-pickett/

feltdizz
06-13-2023, 03:56 PM
A little common sense here. Tomlin had a conversation and dinner with Willis. But was around KP for 4 years.
Watched KP up close grow into a leader, a Heisman finalist and lead his team to an ACC title. He said they knew so much more about KP because of proximity and that made the decision much more comfortable.
He also said it took about 15 seconds on the clock after the New Orleans pick before us. It was an easy decision.

But some posters would rather go by rumors and make up stuff about Tomlin, but not listen to his own words.
The draft board is made up in collaboration. Their guy was there at pick 20. End of story. Nobody was overruled.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/mike-tomlin-it-was-an-easy-decision-for-us-to-choose-kenny-pickett/

They will never admit they got it wrong. lol

and it wasn’t like it was Sam Howell or Corrall so why even make up lies instead of admitting the obvious?

He played at Pitt and shared facilities with us and we watched him grow. No way were we not drafting Pickett if he was available.

Captain Lemming
06-13-2023, 03:59 PM
McShay was 100% right on Tomlin's love affair with Willis. Art saved us.

Look at the link again. He makes clear his SOURCE was Willis’ coach. He SPECULATES moving UP to pick 10 to get Willis based of pure speculation.

Tomlin MIGHT like the kid. He ain’t telling his blabber mouth coach he is taking him.

I go back to what I’ve been saying. Nobody is getting good intel on draft picks PERIOD.

That is reflected in how wrong these prognosticators are.

feltdizz
06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Look at the link again. He makes clear his SOURCE was Willis’ coach. He SPECULATES moving UP to pick 10 to get Willis based of pure speculation.

Tomlin MIGHT like the kid. He ain’t telling his blabber mouth coach he is taking him.

I go back to what I’ve been saying. Nobody is getting good intel on draft picks PERIOD.

That is reflected in how wrong these prognosticators are.

Its why we see guys like Kiper furious when Will Levis was still on the board.

Sources were saying Levis might go #1 a few months before the draft.

Its all hype and lies to try and get players to shoot up the board.

but you have people on here saying because Willis was Black Tomlin would pick him. Not sure how Watt got picked but maybe he smokes a mean rib. Does Muth play spades? Really?? How are these white dudes getting drafted? That’s all Colbert? Black players are all Tomlin?

“Tomlin said something positive about siblings how the hell did Derek Watt get released?”

^^^ We actually have people who think like this on here and keep asking the same question 10 different ways.

The moment I saw the Liberty head coach was the source of Tomlin’s love for Willis I knew it was bull and called it bull.

That’s just a HC trying to get his QB drafted high and I don’t blame him one bit. That’s a good coach (who is also using Willis to springboard to the next job). :p

Captain Lemming
06-13-2023, 05:54 PM
Its why we see guys like Kiper furious when Will Levis was still on the board.

Sources were saying Levis might go #1 a few months before the draft.

Its all hype and lies to try and get players to shoot up the board.

but you have people on here saying because Willis was Black Tomlin would pick him. Not sure how Watt got picked but maybe he smokes a mean rib. Does Muth play spades? Really?? How are these white dudes getting drafted? That’s all Colbert? Black players are all Tomlin?

“Tomlin said something positive about siblings how the hell did Derek Watt get released?”

^^^ We actually have people who think like this on here and keep asking the same question 10 different ways.

The moment I saw the Liberty head coach was the source of Tomlin’s love for Willis I knew it was bull and called it bull.

That’s just a HC trying to get his QB drafted high and I don’t blame him one bit. That’s a good coach (who is also using Willis to springboard to the next job). :p

People be like… Tomlin never told ANYBODY he liked the kid, so he MUST NOT be interested.

Why do people think a coach is gonna tell people who they like?

I honestly think that is why draft gurus are terrible. The ONLY people I’m going to admit liking is someone I have no desire to draft.

Northern_Blitz
06-14-2023, 03:48 PM

We took a total of 4 QB?s out to dinner before the 2022 draft.

We have interest in a lot of players, we aren?t ?in love? with players simply because we feed them.

KP was the only one of the higher ranked QBs in that draft we didn't take the dinner IIRC.