PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to cover Jamar Chase

"BuzzNuter"
05-23-2023, 11:35 AM
Being a good football team and going 7-10 can turn on a dime. In the AFC North the Bengals are the team to beat. I am not worried about the Rats or the Stains. The last time we played the Bengals they beat us without Chase. We couldn't cover their WRs that game.

I know we picked up Peterson but he's old. I suppose JPJr is going to get the assignment. He's average speed for a CB so I assume he will jamb Chase at the line because Chase will blow by him. We can rely on the pass rush to move Burrow but that is contingent on TJ and Alex being healthy. The Bengals are my only concern in the division otherwise we have what appears to be an easy schedule.

whisper
05-23-2023, 11:52 AM
Being a good football team and going 7-10 can turn on a dime. In the AFC North the Bengals are the team to beat. I am not worried about the Rats or the Stains. The last time we played the Bengals they beat us without Chase. We couldn't cover their WRs that game.

I know we picked up Peterson but he's old. I suppose JPJr is going to get the assignment. He's average speed for a CB so I assume he will jamb Chase at the line because Chase will blow by him. We can rely on the pass rush to move Burrow but that is contingent on TJ and Alex being healthy. The Bengals are my only concern in the division otherwise we have what appears to be an easy schedule.

Overlook the Ravens at your own demise. They are more talented than Pgh, top to bottom.

BURGH86STEEL
05-23-2023, 01:12 PM
One player can't stop Chase. It's a good thing that the Steelers might have one of the best pass rushing units in the NFL. Getting to Burrow quickly will be the key to slowing the Cincy offense.

whisper
05-23-2023, 05:15 PM
One player can't stop Chase. It's a good thing that the Steelers might have one of the best pass rushing units in the NFL. Getting to Burrow quickly will be the key to slowing the Cincy offense.

Yea, like we "slowed them down" to the tune of 37 points last time we played them. We really showed them. They could have scored 50+ if they wanted to.

BURGH86STEEL
05-23-2023, 05:21 PM
Yea, like we "slowed them down" to the tune of 37 points last time we played them. We really showed them. They could have scored 50+ if they wanted to.
You didn't slow anyone. You are not "we".

Different seasons bring different teams. The Steelers were 1-1 vs the Bengals in 2022.

Different seasons bring different teams into the equation. What happened last season..........

Pee Wee being Pee Wee.

whisper
05-23-2023, 05:49 PM
You didn't slow anyone. You are not "we".

Different seasons bring different teams. The Steelers were 1-1 vs the Bengals in 2022.

Different seasons bring different teams into the equation. What happened last season..........

Pee Wee being Pee Wee.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, look at the yinzer yinzering. How cute. Sit down, he'll tell you all about no "losing seasons" and brag about it while we haven't won a single playoff games going on 7 years. Ain't he cute?

whisper
05-23-2023, 05:51 PM

We really "slowed down" Cinci to 37 points last meeting. Way to "slow them down." Yinzer.

BURGH86STEEL
05-23-2023, 06:01 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, look at the yinzer yinzering. How cute. Sit down, he'll tell you all about no "losing seasons" and brag about it while we haven't won a single playoff games going on 7 years. Ain't he cute?

Pee Wee....................

whisper
05-24-2023, 09:58 AM
Pee Wee....................

Slowed them down to 37 points, could have been 57. Yea, what a "slow down." Yinzer football, ooph, aaa, yinzer footbal, ooph aaa. Listen to him brag about "non-losing" football seasons. Hilarious. Did your daddy tell you that?

Mr.wizard
05-25-2023, 09:57 AM
Overlook the Ravens at your own demise. They are more talented than Pgh, top to bottom.

Talent wise, no way, I would argue the Steelers have the most talent top to bottom in the division and yes that includes the Bengals.

whisper
05-25-2023, 01:04 PM
Talent wise, no way, I would argue the Steelers have the most talent top to bottom in the division and yes that includes the Bengals.

Well then, why is no one taking them to win the div. then? They are being universally chosen for last.

Northern_Blitz
05-25-2023, 01:07 PM

Maybe if you equally weight positions. And even that is probably endowment bias because I like the guys we have better than guys we don't have.

But when you realize that QB is way more important than all the other positions, we're reasonably 3rd or 4th.

NorthCoast
05-25-2023, 02:26 PM

I know we picked up Peterson but he's old. I suppose JPJr is going to get the assignment. He's average speed for a CB so I assume he will jamb Chase at the line because Chase will blow by him. We can rely on the pass rush to move Burrow but that is contingent on TJ and Alex being healthy. The Bengals are my only concern in the division otherwise we have what appears to be an easy schedule.Since JPJ is most comfortable with press man rather than zone I suspect they put him on Chase and have Fitz cheating to his side to help out. The bigger problem then is that Higgins is a legit WR in his own right. Who covers him??

"BuzzNuter"
05-25-2023, 03:46 PM
Since JPJ is most comfortable with press man rather than zone I suspect they put him on Chase and have Fitz cheating to his side to help out. The bigger problem then is that Higgins is a legit WR in his own right. Who covers him??

I understand that Trice is also a press corner. I compare speed with speed. That's why I liked Gonzales in the draft. He ran 4.35 at the combine. I suppose you can't always base it on timed sprints.

I will eagerly await the matchup with the Bengals. If we can cover Chase then we are going to have a successful season because our other opponents don't have the passing attacks like Cinci.

Mr.wizard
05-25-2023, 05:24 PM
Well then, why is no one taking them to win the div. then? They are being universally chosen for last.

Not universally, I will say it right now, we are the best team in the division and we will win the division.

whisper
05-25-2023, 07:21 PM
Not universally, I will say it right now, we are the best team in the division and we will win the division.

It is so noted.

Blitzer
05-25-2023, 08:18 PM
I think the Steelers pick Cutsie son JP2 to cover receivers like Chase.

WindyCitySteel
05-26-2023, 07:22 AM

Admire the confidence. I can certainly see a path for this happening, but not going this far yet...

https://remarkableleader.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/calling-the-shot2.jpg

WindyCitySteel
05-26-2023, 07:23 AM

It is so noted.

Time-based prediction: you will have a LOT more fun if he is wrong than if he is right.

whisper
05-27-2023, 10:42 AM
Time-based prediction: you will have a LOT more fun if he is wrong than if he is right.

I'm just waiting for Dizzy to predict his 14-game winning season. :p

Steel Maniac
05-27-2023, 10:49 AM
Since JPJ is most comfortable with press man rather than zone I suspect they put him on Chase and have Fitz cheating to his side to help out. The bigger problem then is that Higgins is a legit WR in his own right. Who covers him??

Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Maniac
05-27-2023, 10:50 AM

Noted my friend.

Steel Maniac
05-27-2023, 10:51 AM
Maybe if you equally weight positions. And even that is probably endowment bias because I like the guys we have better than guys we don't have.

But when you realize that QB is way more important than all the other positions, we're reasonably 3rd or 4th.

Thank you.

Mr.wizard
05-27-2023, 11:41 AM

Pat P or Levi Wallace?

Mr.wizard
05-27-2023, 11:52 AM

No way, from top to bottom the Steelers have the most talent in the division heading into this season. Sure QB's carry more weight but you are assuming Rookie Pickett is the same in his second year. So if Pickett takes the next step as I expect him to do, that QB gap becomes much smaller and the advantages we have at the other position groups will shine. This is the advantage of having a QB on his rookie deal.