PDA

View Full Version : 47 sacks Golden in for visit

whisper
05-23-2023, 10:44 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/23/markus-golden-to-visit-steelers/

Had 2.5 sacks last year.

LPMAN
05-24-2023, 04:07 PM
We signed him to a one year deal.

WindyCitySteel
05-24-2023, 04:14 PM
Good edge depth. Now need another ILB.

whisper
05-24-2023, 08:52 PM

We might be more set at ILB than we realize.

WindyCitySteel
05-24-2023, 09:12 PM
We might be more set at ILB than we realize.

Yeah, maybe this signing means they're moving Herbig the rook inside, which I would love.

SteelerOfDeVille
05-30-2023, 03:45 PM
A week late to the party (was on a cruise ship last week) but i love this signing.

This is a vet who is coming in with the understanding that he's a backup. And if Herbig does stay at OLB, he has a year to get it together. I kinda hope herbig beats him out by year's end...

Too bad for Roche.. .I saw him as a nice underdog to root for...

NorthCoast
05-30-2023, 04:01 PM

Robinson had a pick 6 against KP today.

SteelerOfDeVille
05-30-2023, 05:01 PM
agreed here - I'm still keeping hope alive for Kwon Alexander or someone athletically similar...

I hate to be all "draft" just a few weeks past the last one, but the next draft sets up for ILB on day 2. It's supposed to be a good class for the speed ILB...

BURGH86STEEL
05-30-2023, 06:27 PM
A week late to the party (was on a cruise ship last week) but i love this signing.

This is a vet who is coming in with the understanding that he's a backup. And if Herbig does stay at OLB, he has a year to get it together. I kinda hope herbig beats him out by year's end...

Too bad for Roche.. .I saw him as a nice underdog to root for...
Roche could still make the team via the practice squad.

WindyCitySteel
05-30-2023, 07:14 PM
Robinson had a pick 6 against KP today.

While he's being measured for his gold jacket, perhaps they can try out a few more veterans - it's a thin group and one of the projected starters is coming off of a serious injury.

Unless, of course, they slide Herbig over.

SteelerOfDeVille
05-31-2023, 10:01 AM
Roche could still make the team via the practice squad.
For those who don't remember -

Guy played at Temple and was a stud, but at a non-power5 conference.
Transferred to Miami to be a higher profile team - that year, they had 3 Edge players drafted, he was "3rd best" of them (behind Greg Rousseau and Jalen Phillips).
As a sixth rounder by the Steelers, he was cut (beat out by Jamir Jones.
The giants added him to active squad before the Steelers could PS and by season's end he was starting due to injuries.
The next year, the Giants drafted the Thibodeaux kid from Oregon
Now he's back....

I see all this and feel like 1) the team had interest and 2) he now has some starter experience (seems it was like 8+ games that season).

A lot of young players bounce around, I just recall him being someone that intrigued me in the mocks that year.

I can say that when this team gets down to 53 this year, we're all going to see guys cut that we thought might make it.