PDA

View Full Version : Leal perhaps not a bust?

Blitzer
05-21-2023, 11:58 AM
https://steelersdepot.com/2023/05/demarvin-leal-named-steelers-best-kept-secret/
Maybe there is hope yet.

WindyCitySteel
05-22-2023, 09:03 PM
It's way too early to say what he is. Cam Heyward didn't start a game until his 3rd season. Don't give up on Loudermilk yet, either.

whisper
05-23-2023, 11:02 AM
It's way too early to say what he is. Cam Heyward didn't start a game until his 3rd season. Don't give up on Loudermilk yet, either.

This isn't Dick LeBeau's era anymore. Players don't wait 3 years before they are expected to produce. Those days are gone, thank God. We were waiting until a player only had one year left on his contract before allowing them to do anything. Not a winning plan.

BURGH86STEEL
05-23-2023, 01:47 PM
This isn't Dick LeBeau's era anymore. Players don't wait 3 years before they are expected to produce. Those days are year, thank God. We were waiting until a player only had one year left on his contract before allowing them to do anything. Not a winning plan.
Lebeau has a HOF player. Lebeau has 2 SB rings as a DC. Please respect.

I don't think you follow professional football closely enough.

whisper
05-23-2023, 03:13 PM
Lebeau has a HOF player. Lebeau has 2 SB rings as a DC. Please respect.

I don't think you follow professional football closely enough.

And he got shlt canned out of Pgh. His ways were done for, unless you think it's a super wise way to go through NFL seasons - waiting 3-4 years before players can contribute. Yinzer mentality.

BURGH86STEEL
05-23-2023, 03:29 PM
And he got shlt canned out of Pgh. His ways were done for, unless you think it's a super wise way to go through NFL seasons - waiting 3-4 years before players can contribute. Yinzer mentality.

I don't think you understand.................it's not surprising coming from Pee Wee.

whisper
05-24-2023, 09:00 PM
I don't think you understand.................it's not surprising coming from Pee Wee.

The blind yinzer remains blind, he cannot see the obvious.

Blitzer
05-24-2023, 09:15 PM

worst decision the Steelers have made in a long long time. Lebeau could still have contributed. He is one of the all time greats.

Captain Lemming
05-25-2023, 12:32 AM

Tomlin, Rooney, dude was just ripping Ben... Now Lebeau?

You literally DON'T LIKE THE STEELERS do you?

Captain Lemming
05-25-2023, 12:38 AM

You realize that having to wait to start is what happens when you have good players right?
We got top tier defenses and we are gonna start children?

Let me ask you. How many rookies start on the Steeler defenses of the late 70s?

WindyCitySteel
05-25-2023, 07:34 AM
It's an hyperbolic myth that defensive players had to wait 3-4 years under LeBeau to contribute.

In 2004 Colclough played some as a rookie, Ike played some as a 2nd year CB, Troy started his HOF arc under LeBeau in his 2nd year.

In 2005 McFadden played as a rookie CB.

In 2007 Timmons and Woodley played as rooks, Woodley was a fulltime starter by his 2nd season.

Oh, did you just mean 3-4 DL? Oh, that's...not any different.

Ziggy played as a rookie, started his 2nd year. Tuitt started 4 games as a rookie, full time starter his 2nd year.

Heyward took a little longer - he's the outlier.

feltdizz
05-25-2023, 08:08 AM
It's an hyperbolic myth that defensive players had to wait 3-4 years under LeBeau to contribute.

In 2004 Colclough played some as a rookie, Ike played some as a 2nd year CB, Troy started his HOF arc under LeBeau in his 2nd year.

In 2007 Timmons and Woodley played as rooks, Woodley was a fulltime starter by his 2nd season.

Ziggy played as a rookie, started his 2nd year. Tuitt started 4 games as a rookie, full time starter his 2nd year.

Heyward isn’t the outlier. The guys you listed are the outliers.. lol.

NJ-STEELER
05-25-2023, 08:50 AM
Cam started 0 games his first 2 years.

timmons - 0 starts 1st year.
2 starts 2nd year.

ziggy. 0 starts 1st year
9 starts 2nd year after Aaron got hurt

there’s a reason why the owner said the draftees have to get on the field quicker

WindyCitySteel
05-25-2023, 08:52 AM
Cam started 0 games his first 2 years.

timmons - 0 starts 1st year.
2 starts 2nd year.

ziggy. 0 starts 1st year
9 starts 2nd year after Aaron got hurt

there’s a reason why the owner said the draftees have to get on the field quicker

Lack of starts doesn't mean they didn't play. You've heard of subpackages, I presume?

You know who starts rookies on opening day? ****ty teams.

NJ-STEELER
05-25-2023, 08:55 AM
Lack of starts doesn't mean they didn't play. You've heard of subpackages, I presume?

Revis, the pick right before Timmons, started his HOF career day 1

why are you drafting players 15th overall if he’s not going to start ?

WindyCitySteel
05-25-2023, 09:07 AM
Revis, the pick right before Timmons, started his HOF career day 1

why are you drafting players 15th overall if he’s not going to start ?

To eventually take over for aging stars at the end of their careers? If you're relying on day one impact starters from the draft, you're doing it wrong.

NJ-STEELER
05-25-2023, 11:59 AM
To eventually take over for aging stars at the end of their careers? If you're relying on day one impact starters from the draft, you're doing it wrong.

the owner of the team disagrees with you.

this isn’t the 70s anymore. If they’re not starting quickly. You’re being left behind,
especially with the rookie salary caps in place.

not starting for 2 years because the great Larry Foote is in front of you ?
c’mon

whisper
05-25-2023, 12:25 PM

Your spot differences mean squat and you know it. Defenders played little as rookies in LeBeau's system, almost none. If you knew our history better you'd realize that.

whisper
05-25-2023, 12:28 PM

this isn’t the 70s anymore. If they’re not starting quickly. You’re being left behind,

c’mon

Bingo, bango, play it on your banjo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6QV4ldo4lI

WindyCitySteel
05-26-2023, 07:19 AM
Your spot differences mean squat and you know it. Defenders played little as rookies in LeBeau's system, almost none. If you knew our history better you'd realize that.

They didn't wait "3-4 years" as you said, and LeBeau's defenses were always top notch. If he threw rookies in on day one and the D faltered, same people would blame him.

PPG rankings, 2004 - 2014:

1, 3, 11, 2, 1, 12, 1, 1, 6, 14, 18

Slip at the end came as the talent got old and....wait for it....

Rookies had to be inserted into the lineup right away.

whisper
05-26-2023, 10:02 AM
They didn't wait "3-4 years" as you said, and LeBeau's defenses were always top notch. If he threw rookies in on day one and the D faltered, same people would blame him.

PPG rankings, 2004 - 2014:

1, 3, 11, 2, 1, 12, 1, 1, 6, 14, 18

Slip at the end came as the talent got old and....wait for it....

Rookies had to be inserted into the lineup right away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkk9DI-8el4

Captain Lemming
05-26-2023, 01:13 PM

Just like I get in the mail from my bank-
Money statement bro

Captain Lemming
05-26-2023, 01:17 PM

this isn?t the 70s anymore. If they?re not starting quickly. You?re being left behind,

c?mon

We can just cut TJ or Minkah and draft their position in the first.

I have confidence we draft a starter if we do that. :)

Captain Lemming
05-26-2023, 01:28 PM
The desperate need to start rookies is how, Jarvis, Burns, Davis, and Bush happen.

I am willing to draft best available at a loaded position to let a future all pro like Cam ride the pine ON THE LEAGUES NUMBER ONE DEFENSE in scoring AND yardage any day over having to reach for need.

whisper
05-26-2023, 01:55 PM
The desperate need to start rookies is how, Jarvis, Burns, Davis, and Bush happen.

I am willing to draft best available at a loaded position to let a future all pro like Cam ride the pine ON THE LEAGUES NUMBER ONE DEFENSE in scoring AND yardage any day over having to reach for need.

I can see why you see things "unclearly." It's not an "either or" situation. Anyone who thinks in such a way gets hoodwinked easily.

Steel Maniac
05-26-2023, 01:56 PM
I can see why you see things "unclearly." It's not an "either or" situation. Anyone who thinks in such a way gets hoodwinked easily.

hoodwinked.....hahahahahhahahahahaha.