PDA

View Full Version : Pgh would have taken J Peezy Jr sooner

whisper
05-20-2023, 01:05 PM
https://steelersnow.com/steelers-would-have-taken-joey-porter-jr-much-earlier-than-pick-32/

He partly grew up over Cool Shades house.

Blitzer
05-20-2023, 02:16 PM
I am super glad they stayed put at 32 and still got Porter. At 1st I thought that it must have been a tough decision. But getting your guy just by staying put? easy choice

Northern_Blitz
05-20-2023, 03:08 PM
Would not have been surprised if we took him at 17.

The draft fell really good for us.

It didn't sounds like there was going to be a no brainer pick at 17. Seems like all the names that were mentioned as likely to be there got the "I'd rather take him at 32" tag.

Props to Kahn and the FO for how they handled the draft.

Blitzer
05-20-2023, 03:25 PM

It didn't sounds like there was going to be a no brainer pick at 17. Seems like all the names that were mentioned as likely to be there got the "I'd rather take him at 32" tag.

Props to Kahn and the FO for how they handled the draft.

to your point about the draft falling the Steelers way, Still surprised that the lions took a RB at 12. and Jack Campbell going 18. Both picks helped

Captain Lemming
05-20-2023, 03:47 PM
to your point about the draft falling the Steelers way, Still surprised that the lions took a RB at 12. and Jack Campbell going 18. Both picks helped

I still cannot fathom anybody complaining about our draft when we got someone most thought we?d not have a shot at, and a slew of others people wanted?only with MUCH LATER picks than we could have imagined. Traded back scored another pick and STILL got the consensus number one player available when we made that trade.

Anybody who has negative stuff to say about our draft CANNOT BE HAPPY.

I mean people complain about THE EXACT MOVES THEY DEMANDED THE TEAM MAKE.

People complain about players being hyped while admitting THEY LIKE THE PICK?

What is wrong with some people. It is like they are TRYING to be miserable.

Blitzer
05-20-2023, 03:59 PM
I still cannot fathom anybody complaining about our draft when we got someone most thought we?d not have a shot at, and a slew of others people wanted?only with MUCH LATER picks than we could have imagined. Traded back scored another pick and STILL got the consensus number one player available when we made that trade.

Anybody who has negative stuff to say about our draft CANNOT BE HAPPY.

I mean people complain about THE EXACT MOVES THEY DEMANDED THE TEAM MAKE.

People complain about players being hyped while admitting THEY LIKE THE PICK?

What is wrong with some people. It is like they are TRYING to be miserable.

I think most are ecstatic. at some point in the mock drafts, Jones,Porter and Washington were considered 1st round draft picks(Washington not many) I am talking people who do it for a living mocked them to go in the 1st. To get all 3 of them and throw in a DL that will get reps from the get go? not 1 thing to complain about

whisper
05-20-2023, 04:33 PM

That Lion's pick on RB was WAY out there. It made me think "so this is still the Lions - bordering on credible contenders but finding away to screw it up. That RB - or equivalent talent - could have been taken 2 rounds later, easy. Hell, his talent could have been taken in the 5th. Just a horrid pick. He's a #2 RB.

BURGH86STEEL
05-20-2023, 05:26 PM
The Steelers drafted at least 2 potentially great players with their 1st two picks. Who cares how they made it happen?

Only......

Steel Maniac
05-20-2023, 06:09 PM

Props to Kahn and FO for how they handled the draft.

Agreed. They told Tomlin "NO" at # 17. Props.

Steel Maniac
05-20-2023, 06:10 PM
That Lion's pick on RB was WAY out there. It made me think "so this is still the Lions - bordering on credible contenders but finding away to screw it up. That RB - or equivalent talent - could have been taken 2 rounds later, easy. Hell, his talent could have been taken in the 5th. Just a horrid pick. He's a #2 RB.

This is why those clubs remain super bowl winless. Doing stupid stuff like that. But..it helped us get our guy at # 17 so...........

blacknblue80s
05-20-2023, 07:45 PM
I think most are ecstatic. at some point in the mock drafts, Jones,Porter and Washington were considered 1st round draft picks(Washington not many) I am talking people who do it for a living mocked them to go in the 1st. To get all 3 of them and throw in a DL that will get reps from the get go? not 1 thing to complain about
It really is wild.

So many mock draft sims where I got a top OT in round 1, Washington at 32 and Brents or some other CB at 49, I just knew deep down that it was a pipe dream. Never in my wildest dreams imagined getting B. Jones, a top 3 (IMO) CB, Washington and Benton.

Buzz
05-20-2023, 08:37 PM
It really is wild.

So many mock draft sims where I got a top OT in round 1, Washington at 32 and Brents or some other CB at 49, I just knew deep down that it was a pipe dream. Never in my wildest dreams imagined getting B. Jones, a top 3 (IMO) CB, Washington and Benton.

I agree, looks like a very good draft haul this year

as far as being willing to take JPJ earlier, that's easy to say after the fact ... I suspect it could be mostly about appeasing JPJ
We want him pi$$ed off at the rest of the teams, but not at the Steelers -- so we tell him, "We would've taken you anywhere from #14 to #32"
maybe, but I sort of doubt it. one of those statements you take with a grain of salt

I think he will probably be a very good CB for us, though, and that's the main thing, right?

blacknblue80s
05-20-2023, 08:50 PM
I agree, looks like a very good draft haul this year

as far as being willing to take JPJ earlier, that's easy to say after the fact ... I suspect it could be mostly about appeasing JPJ
We want him pi$$ed off at the rest of the teams, but not at the Steelers -- so we tell him, "We would've taken you anywhere from #14 to #32"
maybe, but I sort of doubt it. one of those statements you take with a grain of salt

I think he will probably be a very good CB for us, though, and that's the main thing, right?
I normally wouldn't believe this sort of after the fact statement either but to me it felt a lot like so many previous drafts where everyone knew who they were going to pick. And for the most part the consensus was JPJ unless they were able to trade up for one of the top OTs which takes finding a trade partner.

Steel Maniac
05-20-2023, 09:35 PM

Yep..that's all that matter now.

papillon
05-21-2023, 06:06 AM

You just aren't looking hard enough to find something to complain about. :p

Pappy

Blitzer
05-21-2023, 11:55 AM
You just aren't looking hard enough to find something to complain about. :p

Pappy

You are right. I will work on that.