PDA

View Full Version : "Punt God" Available Again

Buzz
05-10-2023, 09:43 AM
https://apnews.com/article/matt-araiza-no-charges-bills-b7716c7acab012fe8115a2d9b9332f01

Should the Steelers try to sign him?

I think he could boot Percy Harvin off the roster

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
05-10-2023, 09:53 AM
Whether or not the Steelers sign him, this is an awful story.

Oviedo
05-10-2023, 10:12 AM
The kid was seriously screwed.

He was slandered. His reputation was destroyed and he lost his career.

I would love for the Steelers to give him a chance at redemption.

Steel Maniac
05-10-2023, 10:28 AM
Id give him a shot. This is a great place for him to get a new start.

feltdizz
05-10-2023, 10:30 AM
The kid was seriously screwed.

He was slandered. His reputation was destroyed and he lost his career.

I would love for the Steelers to give him a chance at redemption.

yeah, I have to remind myself sometimes that regardless of how terrible an accusation “sounds” we have to wait for all the details.

While some could say he still should’ve thought about his future, dude was in college.

I was 17 when I went away to college. Based on the state could this mean that 18 year old girl I met the first month of college violated me since it was Tennessee?

I consented but the law says regardless its rape.

Buzz
05-10-2023, 12:01 PM
yeah, I have to remind myself sometimes that regardless of how terrible an accusation “sounds” we have to wait for all the details.

While some could say he still should’ve thought about his future, dude was in college.

I was 17 when I went away to college. Based on the state could this mean that 18 year old girl I met the first month of college violated me since it was Tennessee?

I consented but the law says regardless its rape.
Sounds like you're a victim who deserves compensation
I'll represent you for $300/hr and a 50% cut of whatever you're awarded
:lol:

flippy
05-10-2023, 02:40 PM
Wonder why the Bills were so quick to cut him before finding out the truth?

Oviedo
05-10-2023, 02:43 PM
Wonder why the Bills were so quick to cut him before finding out the truth?

Optics in the "woke" environment. Guilty until proven otherwise.

Just not worth the amount of time and effort you would have to commit to dealing with the never endingquestions, accusations, protest, etc. Especially for a punter. Now if this was Allen, you would have seen them circle the wagons.

Ghost
05-10-2023, 02:53 PM

Just not worth the amount of time and effort you would have to commit to dealing with the never-ending questions, accusations, protest, etc. Especially for a punter. Now if this was Allen, you would have seen them circle the wagons.

I agree. The "Me Too" movement made it 100% acceptable to convict no matter the facts or time passed. Witnesses - don't need them. Actual facts - why bother? This ranks right up there with the Duke Lacross guys.

Steel Maniac
05-10-2023, 04:17 PM
I agree. The "Me Too" movement made it 100% acceptable to convict no matter the facts or time passed. Witnesses - don't need them. Actual facts - why bother? This ranks right up there with the Duke Lacross guys.

All the more reason we should pounce and capitalize for their overreaction.

hawaiiansteel
05-10-2023, 04:21 PM

Just not worth the amount of time and effort you would have to commit to dealing with the never endingquestions, accusations, protest, etc. Especially for a punter. Now if this was Allen, you would have seen them circle the wagons.

agree 100%!

Ghost
05-10-2023, 04:58 PM
All the more reason we should pounce and capitalize for their overreaction.
I?d have absolutely no issues SM with bringing this kid in for a shot. May the best leg win.

feltdizz
05-10-2023, 08:01 PM

This is false. Since the beginning of time a rape accusation made you guilty until proven innocent.

I had a friend do time in jail on a false accusation in the 90?s.

Unless you have strong evidence you will be seen as guilty when accused.

WindyCitySteel
05-10-2023, 08:37 PM

And the Patrick Kane accusation. And the Bettis and Ben accusations.

WindyCitySteel
05-10-2023, 08:38 PM

Should have said he was trans and they would have punished the woman.

Joel Buchsbaum
05-11-2023, 05:38 AM
https://apnews.com/article/matt-araiza-no-charges-bills-b7716c7acab012fe8115a2d9b9332f01

Should the Steelers try to sign him?

I think he could boot Percy Harvin off the roster

We signed Mann, he is better than Harvin. I'd pass on this guy. Yeah he is talented but we don't need the distractions.

Djfan
05-11-2023, 09:08 AM
I hope he sues the crap out of her.

feltdizz
05-11-2023, 09:20 AM
I hope he sues the crap out of her.

yeah, there needs to be severe financial punishment for accusations like this.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
05-12-2023, 11:21 AM
yeah, there needs to be severe financial punishment for accusations like this.

First of all, we are assuming that it was a malicious false accusation.

That being said, any malicious false accusation (was just listening to a radio show here about an apparently false public accusation of racism against a school towards a young black child) should be treated for punishment the same that would be applied to a true accusation. Not only do you chaotically destroy (temporarily hopefully) the lives of anyone accused, but you numb society to true tragic cases, and plant doubt in the minds of those who were actually assaulted to come forward.

feltdizz
05-12-2023, 11:28 AM
First of all, we are assuming that it was a malicious false accusation.

That being said, any malicious false accusation (was just listening to a radio show here about an apparently false public accusation of racism against a school towards a young black child) should be treated for punishment the same that would be applied to a true accusation. Not only do you chaotically destroy (temporarily hopefully) the lives of anyone accused, but you numb society to true tragic cases, and plant doubt in the minds of those who were actually assaulted to come forward.

Wasn’t this sparked by a civil suit against him? If so, more than likely it was malicious.

Regarding claims of racism, if false.. sure, go after the people who lied and sue for defamation.

Steel Maniac
05-12-2023, 11:57 AM
Should have said he was trans and they would have punished the woman.

hahahahahahahaha. Sad but true.