PDA

View Full Version : Can we please spin Kevin Dotson for a pick?????

steelerkeylargo
04-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Maybe a 5th or 6th rounder. Come on!!

Blitzer
04-29-2023, 02:12 PM
who would trade for him?

Steel Maniac
04-29-2023, 02:15 PM
who would trade for him?

Bingo!!!!!

NJ-STEELER
04-29-2023, 02:17 PM
A team that doesn’t like their QB

where’s Colbert working now :eek:

Steel Maniac
04-29-2023, 02:20 PM
a team that doesn’t like their qb

where’s colbert working now :eek:
lmfao!!!!!

steelerkeylargo
04-29-2023, 02:20 PM
Bingo!!!!!

He was the 30th ranked guard in the NFL by PFF last year. Young and cheap. I'd say a couple teams could use him.

Steel Maniac
04-29-2023, 02:21 PM
Where is Shawn??? I think I’ll give him a call. I love his draft analysis around this time of year.

hawaiiansteel
04-29-2023, 02:24 PM
Bingo!!!!!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVYlm32LybUlyavTXPDd4DK4SN_ILR5 e35-xgrrhzT9mBwENkJ0cJZ81MI30XyVBIIF4Y&usqp=CAU

Captain Lemming
04-29-2023, 02:55 PM
who would trade for him?

Somebody smarter than people here who actually an admittedly average avarage guard has less trade value than a 5th round pick.

Joel Buchsbaum
04-29-2023, 03:35 PM
who would trade for him?

Pair him and Green for a 6th round pick!

Buzz
04-29-2023, 05:13 PM
Maybe a 5th or 6th rounder. Come on!!

apparently not

hawaiiansteel
06-25-2023, 02:11 AM
G KEVIN DOTSON

Experience: 4th season

Contract status: $2.9 million cap hit in 2023, set to be unrestricted free agent after the season

2023 outlook: Dotson has had a curious Steelers career. A mere fourth-round pick from a ?mid-major? Sun Belt program (Louisiana), he was a starter for Week 2 of his rookie season and started the final two games of his rookie season, too. Then, he started every game he played during Year 2 ? but was forced to compete to keep his gig at this point last year.

After holding off Kendrick Green, Dotson played every Steelers offensive snap last season. This time, though, Dotson wasn?t even given the opportunity to fight to keep his job. The Steelers handed it to veteran Isaac Seumalo.

There?s no shame in that, per se, because Seumalo was a coveted free agent who?d just been part of an NFC championship-winning offensive line in Philadelphia. But after the hot start to his career and quick ascension, Dotson has been seemingly in the crosshairs of a management group intent on replacing him and/or not overly satisfied with his play.

Only two players in the entire league (regardless of position) were flagged more often in 2022 than Dotson (11, with 10 accepted). But overall, available metrics didn?t rate Dotson all that poorly in 2022.

Regardless, barring injury, he won?t be a starter in 2023. And with a cap hit that big, there has to be some question as to whether he will be on the team at all ? particularly as the turnover on the Steelers offensive line continues since the new management regime has taken over.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-2-a-days-kevin-dotson-no-longer-a-starting-guard-william-dunkle-a-possible-backup/

Joel Buchsbaum
06-25-2023, 06:08 AM
He was the 30th ranked guard in the NFL by PFF last year. Young and cheap. I'd say a couple teams could use him.

Which team would give up a draft pick for him? He plays poorly and not mentally alert.

NJ-STEELER
06-25-2023, 02:43 PM
Which team would give up a draft pick for him? He plays poorly and not mentally alert.

teams trade 6ths and 7ths for punters. on cut down day i think we can pick up a 6th. possibly a 5th rounder

Oviedo
06-26-2023, 05:15 AM
This! Dotson was the worst player on the OL last season

Iron City Inc.
06-26-2023, 05:28 AM
A team hit hard with injuries at guard may consider it. So we're talking about something that could happen late in the pre-season and we're only talking about a late rounder so it's not much of a move even if it did happen.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-26-2023, 07:48 AM
I think trading him is short sighted... Unless you have plans to use that cap room to pick up another need (like ILB), I'd keep him in case something happen to Daniels or Seumalo this season

Iron City Inc.
06-26-2023, 10:49 AM
I think trading him is short sighted... Unless you have plans to use that cap room to pick up another need (like ILB), I'd keep him in case something happen to Daniels or Seumalo this season

Good point regarding depth.Herbig would have to prove he’s at least as good as Dotson which he may be.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-26-2023, 11:49 AM
Good point regarding depth.Herbig would have to prove he?s at least as good as Dotson which he may be.
I'm of the opinion that too many times, this team loses a player at whatever position and that unit goes to crap.

I'm excited that they brought in Golden. I'm excited that they drafted another DL. Allen Robinson. The TEs... this team is building superior bench strength to what they've done in the past and I love it.

So I think Dotson's value in case of emergency is greater than nabbing a future 6th rounder who obviously wouldn't contribute this season, but may not even stick around once drafted.

Now if someone offers up a 3rd...

whisper
06-26-2023, 12:50 PM
A team hit hard with injuries at guard may consider it. So we're talking about something that could happen late in the pre-season and we're only talking about a late rounder so it's not much of a move even if it did happen.

A "late, late" pick. I mean come on, how much can a well-below average OG be worth?

Iron City Inc.
06-26-2023, 02:19 PM
A "late, late" pick. I mean come on, how much can a well-below average OG be worth?

With the injury scenario I discussed what you have to compare Dotson to is a teams back up guards. Now can you name any backup guards better than Dotson?
Herbig may be one which would be why it may be possible to move Dotson.
The other thought with Dotson is he is cheap. Starting guard for 2.9 / per is a rather good deal.
Can't wait till camp gets here so we can just discuss some X's n O's.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-26-2023, 02:46 PM
With the injury scenario I discussed what you have to compare Dotson to is a teams back up guards. Now can you name any backup guards better than Dotson?
Herbig may be one which would be why it may be possible to move Dotson.
The other thought with Dotson is he is cheap. Starting guard for 2.9 / per is a rather good deal.
Can't wait till camp gets here so we can just discuss some X's n O's.
The problem is that Herbig also doubles as backup C... If you lose a C and a G, then what?
If getting rid of Dotson means possibly keeping Kendrick Green, then it's a bad idea.

Iron City Inc.
06-26-2023, 05:23 PM
The problem is that Herbig also doubles as backup C... If you lose a C and a G, then what?
If getting rid of Dotson means possibly keeping Kendrick Green, then it's a bad idea.

Not giving up depth I get it and that's fine. I'm good with that.
We may have an extra G if Moore kicks inside as a backup with Jones being able to start at LT.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-26-2023, 05:43 PM
Not giving up depth I get it and that's fine. I'm good with that.
We may have an extra G if Moore kicks inside as a backup with Jones being able to start at LT.
FWIW, I think Spencer Anderson is the wildcard... if HE kills it in camp, Dotson becomes expendable.