PDA

View Full Version : A lot of good players still remaining for Day 3

hawaiiansteel
04-29-2023, 01:27 AM
Best available players left

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable/_/position/ovr/page/2

Chadman
04-29-2023, 03:44 AM
Adebawore, Isaiah Maguire, KJ Henry or Robert Beal Jnr as OLB options.

Noah Sewell as an ILB would be good.

Dawand Jones to round out the OT room..

Luke Wypler or Emil Ekiyor Jnr as Center options. Vorhees if he falls into the 7th.

Anthony Johnson Jnr as a SS option too.

Beal Jnr in the 4th, Sewell (trade up with Dotson thrown in?) as well & Vorhees would be an excellent haul.

Joel Buchsbaum
04-29-2023, 06:33 AM
Adebawore, Isaiah Maguire, KJ Henry or Robert Beal Jnr as OLB options.

Noah Sewell as an ILB would be good.

Dawand Jones to round out the OT room..

Luke Wypler or Emil Ekiyor Jnr as Center options. Vorhees if he falls into the 7th.

Anthony Johnson Jnr as a SS option too.

Beal Jnr in the 4th, Sewell (trade up with Dotson thrown in?) as well & Vorhees would be an excellent haul.

Judging by who was taken you are a happy man.

There is are still many good players on the board. OT D Jones, QB Bennett, C, Wyler. I like the depth in this draft.

NorthCoast
04-29-2023, 08:44 AM
Everyone applauding Kahn and rightly so but I gotta say this draft has Weidl's fingerprints all over it. Without his outside influence you have to wonder if the same picks actually happen. Kudos to Weidl for putting together the draft board and the rest of them for buying in.

Chadman
04-29-2023, 09:11 AM

There is are still many good players on the board. OT D Jones, QB Bennett, C, Wyler. I like the depth in this draft.

I'm pretty happy. Not CONVINCED OT was the way to go, but the FO obviously was, and I assume they know a little more than me. Broderick Jones was my favoured OT, so there is that. I'm still concerned that if Watt or Highsmith come off the field, that Roche appears to be #3 at this stage. I think at LEAST 1 more EDGE player needs to be added.

Chadman
04-29-2023, 09:12 AM
That said, if the Steelers really did double-down & grab Dawand Jones...our OT's would be potentially outstanding.

Steel Maniac
04-29-2023, 10:10 AM

Sewell is who I’m focused on. He’s physical. Would love to sit him right behind the NT and stop the run game of the other team.

Steel Maniac
04-29-2023, 10:10 AM
That said, if the Steelers really did double-down & grab Dawand Jones...our OT's would be potentially outstanding.

You’re soooo greedy. Love it.

Steel Maniac
04-29-2023, 10:13 AM
Everyone applauding Kahn and rightly so but I gotta say this draft has Weidl's fingerprints all over it. Without his outside influence you have to wonder if the same picks actually happen. Kudos to Weidl for putting together the draft board and the rest of them for buying in.

Totally agree. I hate to use this phrase because it’s been thrown around here for so long but .. now I think we are now drafting Steeler type players. Lol. Real Physical guys.

Steel Maniac
04-29-2023, 10:45 AM
There’s a couple of DE’s out there that are also appealing too. Can’t wait to see what we do in the 4th round and beyond.

Captain Lemming
04-29-2023, 11:03 AM

This collaboration is a thing of beauty.

I say we pay both GM money and officially give Weidl “Head of Player Personnel” title Colbert had to signify equal collaboration to hopefully keep him from jumping ship. Pay him handsomely and lock him up if we can (don’t know if that is possible because GM is a promotion).

If most of this draft and free agents pan out he will absolutely be target one for a GM job by ANY team who needs one.

NJ-STEELER
04-29-2023, 11:18 AM

I say we pay both GM money and officially give Weidl “Head of Player Personnel” title Colbert had to signify equal collaboration to hopefully keep him from jumping ship. Pay him handsomely and lock him up if we can (don’t know if that is possible because GM is a promotion).

If most of this draft and free agents pan out he will absolutely be target one for a GM job by ANY team who needs one.

I’m hoping that he considers he is home now. Pittsburgh kid.
Maybe pay him as much as a gm and that can keep him here.
him and khan know each other for a long time and work well together

colbert was VP AND GM of the team.
maybe we can give weidl or Omar a title like when the time comes

NJ-STEELER
04-29-2023, 11:53 AM
How bout Izzy from Pitt.

if we’re going for that phyical run game ball control type team. Are we ok with snell or McFarland as backups.

i like warren but adding a guy so we don’t have to run naj into the ground would be nice

Ghost
04-29-2023, 11:55 AM
I could see them going WR next.

NJ-STEELER
04-29-2023, 11:58 AM
Players brought in for personal visits that are still available

Wrs. Jones, Wheaton ford

S. Scott and ingle

OL. Zavala, dawand. No visit but dinner and pro day

qb. Tune , hall

edge. Beal jr.

cb. Rush…combine too

DL brooks

Also a number of players they’ve had meetings at the combine. Too many to list

Prowler
04-29-2023, 12:06 PM
JL Skinner safety from Boise State is a Steeler type of player. He'll punish ball carriers like James Harrison. Management was at his pro day and they never go to Boise State so that tells me something.

NJ-STEELER
04-29-2023, 12:09 PM
Just noticed.

each of our picks was a 30 private visit guy

flippy
04-29-2023, 12:10 PM

We can just pay him more money than someone else would to be a GM and we can call him Omar’s boss or something so it would be a demotion to be a GM vs a GM boss.

NJ-STEELER
04-29-2023, 12:11 PM
JL Skinner safety from Boise State is a Steeler type of player. He'll punish ball carriers like James Harrison. Management was at his pro day and they never go to Boise State so that tells me something.
Heard an interview with him.

kid got a hood head on his shoulders. Likes bowling lol

coukd he fit in our big nickel

Northern_Blitz
04-29-2023, 01:06 PM

Might be because I'm a Steelers fan, but I think collaborative FOs probably tend to do better than iron fist types.

Ernie
04-29-2023, 01:08 PM
How bout Izzy from Pitt.

if we’re going for that phyical run game ball control type team. Are we ok with snell or McFarland as backups.

i like warren but adding a guy so we don’t have to run naj into the ground would be nice

Warren is that guy.. and Snell/Mcfarland is okay for a #3.. its all about whats happening up front.. and thats trending upward in a hurry

Moonie
04-29-2023, 01:10 PM
How bout Izzy from Pitt.

Isn't Snell gone?

flippy
04-29-2023, 01:15 PM
How bout Izzy from Pitt.

I like him and think he’d be a great pick for about anyone at this point.

Northern_Blitz
04-29-2023, 01:25 PM
Isn't Snell gone?
Currently unemployed I think

NJ-STEELER
04-29-2023, 01:58 PM
Indy grabbing a lot of familiar names we’ve seen in the draft process

Downs
AA
FREELAND
rush

if Richardson hits, they’ve had a really good draft

Steel Maniac
04-29-2023, 02:08 PM
I don’t want us to trade away any more mid round draft picks. The way khan and Weidl are drafting , those mid round draft picks are gold. LOL!!

NJ-STEELER
04-29-2023, 02:16 PM
I don’t want us to trade away any more mid round draft picks. The way khan and Weidl are drafting , those mid round draft picks are gold. LOL!!

yeah. Enough of that.

ties ur hands a bit come draft day

NJ-STEELER
04-29-2023, 02:19 PM
Jets grab izzy.

from ny area