PDA

View Full Version : If I told you our first 2 picks would be.....

steelerkeylargo
04-28-2023, 07:19 PM
Broderick Jones and JP Jr. I think 99% of us would sign off on that. Great job by the new FO.

Oviedo
04-28-2023, 07:26 PM
I would have been all in, all day!

Flasteel
04-28-2023, 07:36 PM
I would have thought we'd given up the farm to land both of them. I agree...fantastic start to this draft.

I saw the compensation that Arizona got for their trade with Tennessee. I would not have pulled the trigger on that trade if that's roughly what they were offering to the Steelers. Arizona swapped 3rd rounders this year and got a 3rd rounder next year. No thanks to move down 12 spots. Obviously nobody was offering anything better or the Cards would have taken it. Good call by the front office to just stick with Porter.

Steel Maniac
04-28-2023, 07:48 PM
Yeah… obviously we were not offered enough to even seriously consider trading back.

Blitzer
04-28-2023, 07:50 PM
2 instant starters

Steel Maniac
04-28-2023, 07:52 PM
2 instant starters

Definitely. Now let’s make it 3 for 3.

hawaiiansteel
04-28-2023, 07:53 PM
I would have been all in, all day!

me too.....

Northern_Blitz
04-28-2023, 07:54 PM
Broderick Jones and JP Jr. I think 99% of us would sign off on that. Great job by the new FO.

Yep.

I think many of us (at least me) would have said that both of those guys had a good chance to be gone by 17.

Although, I guess we do have to remember that this is 3 of our first 5 picks because of the trade.

Northern_Blitz
04-28-2023, 07:57 PM
2 instant starters

Will be interesting to see if either of them start day 1.

Sounds to me like Jones has all the tools, but is young. I think he's starting by the end of the year, but maybe not on day 1. We might feel better about Moore on day 1 protecting KP than BJ.

I think Porter gets significant snaps from day 1. But I don't know if he'll start as one of the top 2 CBs. Still got some vets he's got to pass. And will get work in nickle and dime at least IMO.

NorthCoast
04-28-2023, 08:03 PM
Will be interesting to see if either of them start day 1.

Sounds to me like Jones has all the tools, but is young. I think he's starting by the end of the year, but maybe not on day 1. We might feel better about Moore on day 1 protecting KP than BJ.

I think Porter gets significant snaps from day 1. But I don't know if he'll start as one of the top 2 CBs. Still got some vets he's got to pass. And will get work in nickle and dime at least IMO.

Yea. I don't think Jones is an instant starter. He's got some learning to do according to the experts. How many games did he actually play in college at LT? Not many.

Northern_Blitz
04-28-2023, 08:08 PM
Yea. I don't think Jones is an instant starter. He's got some learning to do according to the experts. How many games did he actually play in college at LT? Not many.

And I think that's probably OK given the way we have the team constructed. If a guy isn't a day 1 starter, but you think he's got a good long career, you can still take him over a guy that fills a hair on fire need..

whatever
04-28-2023, 09:29 PM
Agreed, but it also shows just how little we know anything about ranking players and their true value.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-28-2023, 11:09 PM
Agreed, but it also shows just how little we know anything about ranking players and their true value.
we base it off the Mel kippers and other talking heads…

when they’re “off”, we’re off

Joel Buchsbaum
04-29-2023, 06:26 AM

He was the Steeler #2 tackle overall, so I heard. I liked him a lot too. He can transforms our tackle play for a pile of dog s#^t to what a good tackle should be. Moore jr is busy upgrading his resume or Chucks might be cut because his cap number is close to his play. B. Jones is a little young physically but I think he has pro bowl tools!