PDA

View Full Version : My Strategy for Round #2

Prowler
04-28-2023, 12:45 PM
If the Steelers decide not to trade down at #32, my big board would look like this:
1. Schmitz C
2. Downs WR
3. Branch S
4. Ringo CB
5. Hall OLB

I don't rank Porter as high as most fans. However, I don't mind picking him at #49 where I think he deserves to be considering his lack of takeaways.

At pick #49 my big board would look like this:

1. Porter CB
2. Benton DL
3. Drew Sanders ILB
4. Tippmann C
5. Simpson ILB

Personally myself if the team doesn't pick Schmitz at #32, I think they'd be wise to trade down and get more picks.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-28-2023, 01:59 PM
Honestly, I'm torn.

So many talking heads had JPJ as a "top 20" selection. I admit that I didn't watch much of PSU, so I have no idea about his skill level. Some argue that other teams threw away from him *because* of his skill level - that would account for stats. I read how PSU trusted him 1:1 vs Marvin Harrison, Jr. and he delivered.

I feel like he has the size/speed/athleticism and if he has half the "dawg" in him that his dad had, he's worth the pick.

Having said all that - because I don't know and am trusting the talking heads - those guys are wrong A LOT.

And I honestly get the impression the team intends to replace the entire offensive line as quickly as possible...

SidSmythe
04-28-2023, 02:06 PM
Going OL is never SEXY - however JM Schmitz would be a great investment into KP#8's future.

As much as i'd like to give JPjr. a Shot I think JMS will be more valuable down the line.
Heck I'd even throw in CODY MAUCH with my next pick in ROUND 2 and call it a day for a long time w/ the OLINE.

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2023, 02:21 PM
Don’t know how true it is but saw someone say Jpj had a bad grade from pff in that ish game. 55. His pops number lol
Didn’t check on it though for what it’s worth

I think we’ve all seen his weak points. The question becomes can he grow/ be coached out of them.

Steel Maniac
04-28-2023, 03:13 PM
If the Steelers decide not to trade down at #32, my big board would look like this:
1. Schmitz C
2. Downs WR
3. Branch S
4. Ringo CB
5. Hall OLB

I don't rank Porter as high as most fans. However, I don't mind picking him at #49 where I think he deserves to be considering his lack of takeaways.

1. Porter CB
2. Benton DL
3. Drew Sanders ILB
4. Tippmann C
5. Simpson ILB

Personally myself if the team doesn't pick Schmitz at #32, I think they'd be wise to trade down and get more picks.

Interesting you have no D-lineman (tackle) guy in there.

hawaiiansteel
04-28-2023, 03:17 PM
1. Schmitz C
2. Downs WR
3. Branch S
4. Ringo CB
5. Hall OLB

1. Porter CB
2. Benton DL
3. Drew Sanders ILB
4. Tippmann C
5. Simpson ILB

Steelers might prefer the versatility that Brian Branch offers as a chess piece that can be moved around.

Steel Maniac
04-28-2023, 03:45 PM
If we stay put , I’m good with Simpson or Cam Smith.

hawaiiansteel
04-28-2023, 03:48 PM
Don’t know how true it is but saw someone say Jpj had a bad grade from pff in that ish game. 55. His pops number lol
Didn’t check on it though for what it’s worth

I think we’ve all seen his weak points. The question becomes can he grow/ be coached out of them.

the worry about JPJ is that he's handsy and will draw a lot of PI penalties in the NFL.

feltdizz
04-28-2023, 04:46 PM
the worry about JPJ is that he's handsy and will draw a lot of PI penalties in the NFL.

I’ll take handsy. They will call some on him but all of them. I think the best CB’s are handsy.. lol

Prowler
04-28-2023, 06:50 PM
Interesting you have no D-lineman (tackle) guy in there.

I like some of the DT in the draft and would love it we picked one of them with our pick at #49 or in the 3rd round. I just think #32 might be too early, that's all.

Prowler
04-28-2023, 06:55 PM
Steelers might prefer the versatility that Brian Branch offers as a chess piece that can be moved around.

I'd be happy with Branch too. He'd be an exceptional chess piece. Then again there are many players I like in the draft. Unfortunately, we can't have them all. That's the sucky part of this time in the offseason.

flippy
04-28-2023, 07:04 PM
I’m a huge fan of Branch and the 2 TEs here.

These aren’t the sexy positions, but I see them both as key pieces that could upgrade our units immediately.

Im not sure about JPJ? But if he’s as good as some have suggested I’d be all over him here.