PDA

View Full Version : What the Steelers WILL/SHOULD do

steelerkeylargo
04-27-2023, 11:52 PM
Slip back no later than 2/38 for the BEST trade value. HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!! JP jr and Tyrique Stevenson still available at CB

Oviedo
04-28-2023, 12:44 AM
Slip back no later than 2/38 for the BEST trade value. HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!! JP jr and Tyrique Stevenson still available at CB

Thats what I projected

Trade down is the way to go

Steel Maniac
04-28-2023, 10:23 AM
Thats what I projected

I agree..that probably is the best thing. But there are so many tempting guys to take right here thou...

hawaiiansteel
04-28-2023, 10:26 AM
Thats what I projected

agreed.

we still have a lot of holes to fill and really could use the additional picks.

Chadman
04-28-2023, 11:02 AM
It would be hard to pass up on Joey Porter Jnr at #32.

That said- there are still a number of good CB options available.

Steelers need a CB, an OLB & it seems they are in for a Center too.

I'd REALLY like them to go DL, but I expect that Hicks & Fehoko might be considered the depth along with Leal, Loudermilk & Adams. The room might be too full to add a rookie.

The #3 ILB spot is definitely a concern with Robinson & Muse the likely back-ups at this point. Could they try to bring back Jack? Probably unlikely. One of the 7th rounders might be the go.

OLB....only Roche & Egbule behind Watt & Highsmith. If injury hits, the Steelers are in trouble. I actually quite like Egbule, but I can't see us coming out of Day 2 without another player in the rotation.

Center keeps getting mentioned. I'm starting to believe the hype. Wouldn't surprise me if Wypler from Ohio St is an option.

If the Steelers can get EXCELLENT value for #32, then take it & trade down. Otherwise, you take the 3rd best CB in the draft. And then maybe trade the other 2nd round pick & move down.

Steel Maniac
04-28-2023, 11:09 AM
It would be hard to pass up on Joey Porter Jnr at #32.

That said- there are still a number of good CB options available.

Steelers need a CB, an OLB & it seems they are in for a Center too.

I'd REALLY like them to go DL, but I expect that Hicks & Fehoko might be considered the depth along with Leal, Loudermilk & Adams. The room might be too full to add a rookie.

The #3 ILB spot is definitely a concern with Robinson & Muse the likely back-ups at this point. Could they try to bring back Jack? Probably unlikely. One of the 7th rounders might be the go.

OLB....only Roche & Egbule behind Watt & Highsmith. If injury hits, the Steelers are in trouble. I actually quite like Egbule, but I can't see us coming out of Day 2 without another player in the rotation.

Center keeps getting mentioned. I'm starting to believe the hype. Wouldn't surprise me if Wypler from Ohio St is an option.

If the Steelers can get EXCELLENT value for #32, then take it & trade down. Otherwise, you take the 3rd best CB in the draft. And then maybe trade the other 2nd round pick & move down.

The beautiful thing is they've had a whole nite to ponder it and come up with a revised plan moving forward.

hawaiiansteel
04-28-2023, 11:13 AM

I would love to trade down, there are still some very good CBs available.

Northern_Blitz
04-28-2023, 11:21 AM
The beautiful thing is they've had a whole nite to ponder it and come up with a revised plan moving forward.

And to try to engineer a bidding war for the pick.

Steel Maniac
04-28-2023, 11:25 AM
And to try to engineer a bidding war for the pick.

Bingo!!!!!!

NorthCoast
04-28-2023, 11:35 AM
Martavis Bryant this morning; "Don't be surprised if Pittsburgh takes a QB with #32"

Moonie
04-28-2023, 11:40 AM
Martavis Bryant this morning; "Don't be surprised if Pittsburgh takes a QB with #32"

He must have been getting high with Le'Veon last night.

Steel Maniac
04-28-2023, 11:42 AM
He must have been getting high with Le'Veon last night.

Hendon Hooker?

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2023, 11:44 AM

legal weed everywhere now

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2023, 11:46 AM
I’d say if this was the old regime with Colbert In charge we def stay and pick Porter. Or at least slight trade diwn so we don’t miss him.

not sure about khan/ weidl.
maybe they do value more picks.

Moonie
04-28-2023, 11:46 AM
Hendon Hooker?

Maybe? Weed and hookers kind of go together.

Ghost
04-28-2023, 12:05 PM
Jeremy Fowler tweeted 4 teams have approached the Steelers with legitimate interest in pick 32. Says the Steelers would need an aggressive offer to move from the spot.

hackjam
04-28-2023, 12:18 PM
Thats what I projected

I'm pretty well on board with the trade back, especially after giving up pick 120 last night.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-28-2023, 12:30 PM
Last night they were talking about the Chiefs and how they couldn't trade 31 away, even if they wanted to. Fans who came out with expectations of seeing a pick would have been livid if they had traded away, even though they probably fielded a bunch of calls for someone to get up into round 1 and secure an extra year on a contract.

I get a small sense of that with this selection at 32 with JPJ. There are additional layers besides just need. There's also legacy, family, etc.

IMO, you're going to have to pry this pick from the team's hands with an overpay to make it happen.

Then again, between him being "part of the family" and all that comes along with that, Tomlin could almost have to say, "you're family and I don't want to change that relationship, so we had to pass", in order to not cause friction. "Joey, could you coach your son? Well, I couldn't either."

As a side note, I hope SB champ hosting doesn't become a thing because it ties their hands with that last pick of the day...

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2023, 12:31 PM
Jeremy Fowler tweeted 4 teams have approached the Steelers with legitimate interest in pick 32. Says the Steelers would need an aggressive offer to move from the spot.

they should treat it like it’s a 1st rounder if the guy is too 20 on their board

none of this 4th or 5th rounder to move down several spots.

Hold out for a killing. If not draft the guy you had a late teen grade on

SteelerOfDeVille
04-28-2023, 12:36 PM
Jeremy Fowler ... Says the Steelers would need an aggressive offer to move from the spot.
That's what I'm thinking as well... JPJ is an easy pick unless someone overpays

Seriously, let's back up for a moment. If I had said yesterday that they'd get BOTH Broderick Jones AND JPJ we'd have all done backflips. No trade right here. Fill your needs.

It's funny how we re-evaluate, mid-flight on this thing and over-complicate it.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-28-2023, 12:38 PM
they should treat it like it’s a 1st rounder if the guy is too 20 on their board

none of this 4th or 5th rounder to move down several spots.

Hold out for a killing. If not draft the guy you had a late teen grade on
You wanna know what scares me?

Most of us AND THE TEAM see this thing the same.

These mofos are gonna bust! :p

Steel Maniac
04-28-2023, 12:39 PM
Stop it!! Lol

hawaiiansteel
04-28-2023, 12:42 PM
Maybe? Weed and hookers kind of go together.

you do have a valid point there!

NorthCoast
04-28-2023, 12:49 PM
He must have been getting high with Le'Veon last night.The reasoning is this; Hooker would not/should not start in Yr1. He's not ready. Next year Trubisky will likely not be renewed. That leaves a gap at the #2 QB spot. Hooker will have a season of camp and practices and can slide in on the cheap rookie deal at #2. The Steelers get someone with strong upside at the position, especially if KP has injury issues or flames out. Not often the Steelers get a chance at high round QBs.

Steel Maniac
04-28-2023, 01:00 PM

Then Khan should play the waiting game; closer we get to the draft the more tension is on the GM's who want our pick.

Steel Maniac
04-28-2023, 01:01 PM
The reasoning is this; Hooker would not/should not start in Yr1. He's not ready. Next year Trubisky will likely not be renewed. That leaves a gap at the #2 QB spot. Hooker will have a season of camp and practices and can slide in on the cheap rookie deal at #2. The Steelers get someone with strong upside at the position, especially if KP has injury issues or flames out. Not often the Steelers get a chance at high round QBs.

That's very true.

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2023, 01:03 PM
Seriously, let's back up for a moment. If I had said yesterday that they'd get BOTH Broderick Jones AND JPJ we'd have all done backflips. No trade right here. Fill your needs.

the more you agree with me

the better you sound

heyyyy yoooo :D

MeetJoeGreene
04-28-2023, 01:08 PM
I am a psu Homer and I have mixed feelings about jpj. I think he is pretty good...but not sure he will be great. I didn't want him at 17. I wouldn't be unhappy at 32. But not thrilled either.

feltdizz
04-28-2023, 01:34 PM
The reasoning is this; Hooker would not/should not start in Yr1. He's not ready. Next year Trubisky will likely not be renewed. That leaves a gap at the #2 QB spot. Hooker will have a season of camp and practices and can slide in on the cheap rookie deal at #2. The Steelers get someone with strong upside at the position, especially if KP has injury issues or flames out. Not often the Steelers get a chance at high round QBs.

That’s terrible reasoning. Put the blunt down.. lol.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-28-2023, 02:05 PM
I am a psu Homer and I have mixed feelings about jpj. I think he is pretty good...but not sure he will be great. I didn't want him at 17. I wouldn't be unhappy at 32. But not thrilled either.
THAT scares me cuz you're a fairly reasonable dude...

SteelerOfDeVille
04-28-2023, 02:06 PM
the more you agree with me

the better you sound

heyyyy yoooo :D
Whatever! You know I'm your board-crush -- you just wanna be like me! :p