PDA

View Full Version : Positions of LEAST Concern

NorthCoast
04-25-2023, 07:54 AM
A fan poll at BTSC. I'd say they got it mostly right, although I would put WR slightly higher on the list.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2023/4/23/23692981/which-position-group-is-least-concerning-for-the-2023-pittsburgh-steelers-ahead-of-the-draft-rb-te

RB
TE
QB
ST
WR
OLB
S
ILB
DL
OL
CB

LPMAN
04-25-2023, 08:52 AM
QB is jury out. Could be a concern we just don't know yet.

Ghost
04-25-2023, 09:08 AM
This list is specific to least concerns as it relates to this draft. Not long term. I'd actually move QB above TE and I think QB and RB are tied for least concern. With RB you've got Harris and the emergence of Warren. No need to draft. At QB you've got a guy the Steelers believe is the answer and is in his 2nd year after being the first-round pick. Grab an undrafted guy as a camp body, possible 3rd string. TE looks good but Muth has some concussion concerns.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-25-2023, 09:45 AM
A fan poll at BTSC. I'd say they got it mostly right, although I would put WR slightly higher on the list.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2023/4/23/23692981/which-position-group-is-least-concerning-for-the-2023-pittsburgh-steelers-ahead-of-the-draft-rb-te

RB
TE
QB
ST
WR
OLB
S
ILB
DL
OL
CB

From 7 down, I'd like to see a potential starter drafted. From 5-6, you're looking for next man up potential.

NorthCoast
04-25-2023, 09:46 AM
This list is specific to least concerns as it relates to this draft. Not long term. I'd actually move QB above TE and I think QB and RB are tied for least concern. With RB you've got Harris and the emergence of Warren. No need to draft. At QB you've got a guy the Steelers believe is the answer and is in his 2nd year after being the first-round pick. Grab an undrafted guy as a camp body, possible 3rd string. TE looks good but Muth has some concussion concerns.The injury thing is a concern for QB and TE. Concussions never get better, they get worse with increasing blows. I am sure MIA can't feel real cushy with Tua right now. You keep fingers crossed and hope they can avoid that one hit.

WindyCitySteel
04-25-2023, 09:58 AM
DL should be higher, ILB should be 10.

Chadman
04-25-2023, 10:04 AM
The Steelers have invested FA dollars into the OL & have made it something of a priority with young players in place.

DL however, is the opposite, with late round picks, aged veterans & no real succession plan.

I'd have DL & CB side by side, with ILB not far away. And there is zero depth at OLB.

An early to mid-round investment at OT & C over the next couple of years sets the OL in place for years. We are looking at Loudermilk starting within 2 years at this rate.

Joel Buchsbaum
04-25-2023, 12:50 PM

RB
TE
QB
ST
WR
OLB
S
ILB
DL
OL
CB

This does not break to position down, but will.

Areas of most concern

1 . Offensvie tackle. We have one crappy stater and zero depth. A draft MUST
2. DT / NT we are lacking here in the middle big time. This area MUST be addressed.
3. RB Harris is not the back your looking for but Warren offer fine depth .
4. QB The starter was merely okay as a rookie. We have two very expensive back ups, and would be wise to hedge.
5. CB We lack a #1 corner. You think we can get that at pick #17, neither do I. But depth, yes please.

Northern_Blitz
04-25-2023, 02:00 PM

RB
TE
QB
ST
WR
OLB
S
ILB
DL
OL
CB

I think TE should be a bigger need than RB, QB (is ST special teams? that should always be lowest because replacement value is super low). I'd say a good TE2 probably isn't as important as a good WR3, but maybe we're more set at WR3 than TE2? In both cases, I think we should have guys that can play on Sundays. But either spot would benefit from an upgrade.

But I'd probably put TE at 4 and leave WR at 5.

I thikn I'd put the need at DL as higher than OL too. We have starters in place and / or on contracts that extend beyond this year. Could upgrade at least one of the T's, but I think we're more set at OL than DL.

I usually like tiers better than lists, because I think I'd group 8-11 as pretty similar (even though I'm quibbling over the exact order).

I might but SS as a bigger immediate need than ILB. But I think that's because I think of Kazee as being like Hilton, not like Edmunds.

feltdizz
04-25-2023, 02:13 PM
The injury thing is a concern for QB and TE. Concussions never get better, they get worse with increasing blows. I am sure MIA can't feel real cushy with Tua right now. You keep fingers crossed and hope they can avoid that one hit.

Tua was thinking about retiring. His concussions were much worse than Pickett. IMO I think Pickett was being proactive protecting himself while Tua dod the opposite and paid the price.