PDA

View Full Version : good insight read from DKPitssburgh sports

steeler_george
04-24-2023, 02:29 AM
https://dkpittsburghsports.com/2023/04/20/friday-insider-pirates-steelers-penguins-pnc-park-dk

Thoughts?

I think this article has great insight in what we might do on draft day.

Don't forget, Dejan ( DK) is legit, he was the first to break the news how the steelers were not satisfied with Dotson.

Oviedo
04-24-2023, 03:59 AM
I’ve said for over a year that Dotson was the problem not Moore. The organization saw it which is why they aren’t forming a lynch mob for getting rid of Moore like some fans

if they draft a tackle, I predict it is to make it easy to off load Chuks not Moore.

LAMBERT72
04-24-2023, 04:49 AM
Very interesting. Thank you very muc for posting it.

WindyCitySteel
04-24-2023, 07:52 AM
They didn't sign two guards to draft a tackle at 1.17 and move him to guard. As he says a few graphs later, Porter is the pick.

Northern_Blitz
04-24-2023, 09:49 AM
They didn't sign two guards to draft a tackle at 1.17 and move him to guard. As he says a few graphs later, Porter is the pick.

Who knows if he's right, but I think Foster said he felt like it wasn't a great OT class and many of the OTs in the draft are going to move to G in the NFL.

I got the sense he meant at the top end not just the middle / bottom.

I think the best OTs will be off the board and we'll go somewhere else. I also voted CB in the post with the poll a while back.

I think Porter if he's there. It feels like the most Steelers thing to do.

papillon
04-24-2023, 10:37 AM
This is going to be a strange draft because the offense sucked for the most part last year except for the spark that Pickett had leading some late game comebacks for wins. It appears that the Steelers are ready to make the first pick and possibly the second pick defensive players, a cornerback and a defensive lineman, even with an offense that wasn't that good, strange times for sure.

On the other hand maybe they go WR at 1.17 if the right guy is there. I don't know who that would be but if he's there, they may take him over a defensive player. I just don't get the feeling the Steelers are going big uglies in the early rounds.

Pappy

feltdizz
04-24-2023, 10:45 AM
This is going to be a strange draft because the offense sucked for the most part last year except for the spark that Pickett had leading some late game comebacks for wins. It appears that the Steelers are ready to make the first pick and possibly the second pick defensive players, a cornerback and a defensive lineman, even with an offense that wasn't that good, strange times for sure.

On the other hand maybe they go WR at 1.17 if the right guy is there. I don't know who that would be but if he's there, they may take him over a defensive player. I just don't get the feeling the Steelers are going big uglies in the early rounds.

Pappy

I think we made these moves on the OL so we can go skill position early. I know people are stressing DL, CB and LB but I think one of these first two picks is offense.

Split TE or WR. I’m still holding out hope for Addison at 32 if he is still on the board. :p

Northern_Blitz
04-24-2023, 11:39 AM

Pappy

It's certainly odd.

But I guess it's the other side of the "most expensive defense" coin. The D was expensive because it's older and doesn't have guys on rookie deals. The O was cheaper because there are lots of important players on rookie deals.

LPMAN
04-24-2023, 12:46 PM
The trenches on both sides are still the weakest part of this team. We have always had good skill positions but you can't throw down field to them if you don't have time to throw. Pat Freiermuth IMO would have crazy numbers if we wasn't helping block too much of the game.

NJ-STEELER
04-24-2023, 01:38 PM
I agree with him regarding DL.
I think if we take one it’s no sooner then 49.

We heard they tried signing Orlando brown.
thry aren’t signing him to a big contract to come play RT or interior OL. A lot of The guys they’ve checked out pre draft also play LT.
Hard to believe they’re not looking for upgrade at that position.

feltdizz
04-24-2023, 01:47 PM
It's certainly odd.

But I guess it's the other side of the "most expensive defense" coin. The D was expensive because it's older and doesn't have guys on rookie deals. The O was cheaper because there are lots of important players on rookie deals.

I think we will add both sides of the ball with this years draft. ;)