PDA

View Full Version : What is the S2 test?

Joel Buchsbaum
04-21-2023, 12:28 PM
And Stoud scored very low, like 18th percentile. Last year Purdy aced it.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/what-is-the-s2-cognitive-test/

NorthCoast
04-21-2023, 12:36 PM
The S2 test measures how quickly you can process information whereas the Wonderlic measures how much information you can retain.

WindyCitySteel
04-21-2023, 12:45 PM
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. These are nice and all for the analytics guys, but Wonderlic doesn't translate to on the field success. Doubt this will, either.

whisper
04-21-2023, 01:06 PM
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. These are nice and all for the analytics guys, but Wonderlic doesn't translate to on the field success. Doubt this will, either.

Don't tell that to Purdy and the 9ers.

WindyCitySteel
04-21-2023, 01:09 PM

He's a product of scheme and has severe limitations, which will be exposed in time. If he even starts again, guessing they roll with Lance.

Joel Buchsbaum
04-21-2023, 01:29 PM
He's a product of scheme and has severe limitations, which will be exposed in time. If he even starts again, guessing they roll with Lance.

If it is only the scheme just about anyone can play well in it. Lance can't because he in-accurate and can read a defense! Purdy is accurate and smart. And he has a decent arm for the 6, 7, 8, and 9 routes with a good release.

I am not familiar with the S2 test nor has there been a thread on it. It is fairly new. Apparently it is a metal speed test which is important for Qb's. The wonderlic is different.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-21-2023, 01:46 PM
...Sometimes athleticism allows you to have a little extra time to process information... can't account for that in a test

whatever
04-21-2023, 08:57 PM

Wonderlic reveals just how stupid you are.
Have you seen these questions?

feltdizz
04-22-2023, 08:13 AM

Didn’t Purdy get hurt because he didn’t make a quick decision?

These test are not the end all be all, just another measurement made up by some nerds.

feltdizz
04-26-2023, 11:49 AM
Just read that Bryce Young has been taking the S2 test every year since 10th grade.

Also heard that Stroud scored an 18. Not rooting against him but if he fails you know everyone will point to this test. I will add.. I’m not surprised one bit a Buckeye QB would score low on this test. I’m sure this is another red flag for those who are on the fence due to the history of Buckeye QB’s in the NFL.

Is it fair? Probably not

Joel Buchsbaum
04-26-2023, 01:17 PM
Just read that Bryce Young has been taking the S2 test every year since 10th grade.

Also heard that Stroud scored an 18. Not rooting against him but if he fails you know everyone will point to this test. I will add.. I’m not surprised one bit a Buckeye QB would score low on this test. I’m sure this is another red flag for those who are on the fence due to the history of Buckeye QB’s in the NFL.

Is it fair? Probably not

Now that was almost funny, okay it was :)

WindyCitySteel
04-26-2023, 01:39 PM

Is it fair? Probably not

You wouldn't know a fair discussion of OSU QBs if it was staring you in the face.

feltdizz
04-26-2023, 01:44 PM
Now that was almost funny, okay it was :)

no idea how true this is but I think part of the reason Buckeye’s struggle is due to the game above the neck.

They say Day is recruiting a different QB from the Urban and Vest days but I think they just recruited better passers..

but are they actually running a pro offense with quick reads?

Not sure.. but I “hate-watch” them and the one thing I noticed is Stroud would sit back there ALL DAY on some pass plays waiting for someone to get open. Rarely did you see quick decisions and tight windows because they had superior talent.

Stroud did ball out vs Georgia so maybe he is the real deal but it was also the first time he used his legs seriously and I don’t think Georgia was ready for that.

Steel Maniac
04-26-2023, 01:52 PM
This is going to fun to see how this plays out.

feltdizz
04-26-2023, 01:52 PM
You wouldn't know a fair discussion of OSU QBs if it was staring you in the face.

Can’t have a fair discussion until a Buckeye QB actually pans out in the NFL ;)