PDA

View Full Version : Trade Up---OL or DL

Oviedo
04-20-2023, 01:29 PM
If we would trade up to the 9 to 12 range, do we take OL or DL?

Paris Johnson or Jalen Carter. For me, I'd take the latter, but wouldn't sad about getting either.

whisper
04-20-2023, 01:31 PM
I don' think Carter will still be on the boards. Maybe not Paris either.

LPMAN
04-20-2023, 02:15 PM
I don' think Carter will still be on the boards. Maybe not Paris either.

How could Paris possibly not be there at 9?

If 4 QB's get taken then you'd have to have TWO of these players still on the board at 9 for Paris to be gone....Carter, Anderson, Wilson, Gonzales, Skoronski...that's not even taking into account Bijan or Nijigba could go top 8 as well.

Not sure that's possible.

"BuzzNuter"
04-20-2023, 03:49 PM
I don't think the Steelers have ever moved up in the draft for a DL or an OL. I don't think they do this year. They only move up for perceived game changers.
I think they may move up for Gonzales at #9 if he is still there.

Captain Lemming
04-20-2023, 04:02 PM
I don't think the Steelers have ever moved up in the draft for a DL or an OL. I don't think they do this year. They only move up for perceived game changers.

I agree. If I had to chose which position to have an ELITE player, I take a corner over any position other than QB.

NJ-STEELER
04-20-2023, 04:23 PM

agreed.

if they trade up its for paris or gonzo

Iron City Inc.
04-20-2023, 04:43 PM
Don’t forget this all mock drafts seen are Not the evaluation of the experts that make the picks.
So a player like Paris Johnson may go 5 or he may go 25 if he has a medical question we don’t know about. Draft always has a few unusual twists.

Steel Maniac
04-20-2023, 05:20 PM
Carter going to the Raiders at #7. That’s the latest report.

Steel Maniac
04-20-2023, 05:21 PM
How could Paris possibly not be there at 9?

If 4 QB's get taken then you'd have to have TWO of these players still on the board at 9 for Paris to be gone....Carter, Anderson, Wilson, Gonzales, Skoronski...that's not even taking into account Bijan or Nijigba could go top 8 as well.

Not sure that's possible.

I think we have a good shot at Paris. I look to the bears as a possible team to take him before our pick.

crushedspirit
04-20-2023, 06:22 PM
I think we have a good shot at Paris. I look to the bears as a possible team to take him before our pick.

I think the Bears will take Paris at 9, and will be willing to trade if he's picked before that.

hawaiiansteel
04-20-2023, 07:05 PM

Jalen Carter is not an option for the Raiders. He has been removed from their draft board. - Vic Tafur, The Athletic

This is major news, as the Raiders' defensive tackle situation is so bleak that they're currently slated to start Jerry Tillery. The Raiders undoubtedly did their due diligence on Carter and didn't like what they found, so it's fair to wonder if other teams feel the same way.

https://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/teamdraft

crushedspirit
04-20-2023, 07:41 PM
Jalen Carter is not an option for the Raiders. He has been removed from their draft board. - Vic Tafur, The Athletic

This is major news, as the Raiders' defensive tackle situation is so bleak that they're currently slated to start Jerry Tillery. The Raiders undoubtedly did their due diligence on Carter and didn't like what they found, so it's fair to wonder if other teams feel the same way.

https://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/teamdraft

Then 2 weeks after that "rumor" he visits the Raiders,

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/georgia-football-defensive-lineman-jalen-carter-visiting-with-the-las-vegas-raiders

WindyCitySteel
04-20-2023, 09:15 PM
I'm taking CB first, best OT left at 1.32, ILB 2.47. Edge and DT later.

LPMAN
04-20-2023, 10:14 PM
I'm taking CB first, best OT left at 1.32, ILB 2.47. Edge and DT later.

You can't say that when you don't know who will be avauilable at those picks. You gonna take a Chad Scott at #17 over a Tunch Ilkin, Troy Polamalu, James Harrison & Joe Greene?

WindyCitySteel
04-20-2023, 10:19 PM
You can't say that when you don't know who will be avauilable at those picks. You gonna take a Chad Scott at #17 over a Tunch Ilkin, Troy Polamalu, James Harrison & Joe Greene?

Ilkin was a 6th round pick. Harrison was undrafted.

Why would you take Jamain Stephens over Rod Woodson?

LPMAN
04-20-2023, 10:48 PM
Ilkin was a 6th round pick. Harrison was undrafted.

Why would you take Jamain Stephens over Rod Woodson?

My point went over your head apparently. You can't say what position you are going to take each round when you don't know who will be availble at that time.

LAMBERT72
04-21-2023, 04:59 AM
Great thread Oviedo.

I think we need DL more urgently than OT, but except for Jalen Carter I don't see anyone worthwhile on DL for trade up... but the cost would be too expensive.

On the other hand, I do see the FO capable of trading up for Paris Johnson

WindyCitySteel
04-21-2023, 01:12 PM
My point went over your head apparently. You can't say what position you are going to take each round when you don't know who will be availble at that time.

My reply went over yours. You don't know how any of these guys will pan out.

LPMAN
04-21-2023, 01:16 PM

I thought they took him off their board?

LPMAN
04-21-2023, 01:18 PM
My reply went over yours. You don't know how any of these guys will pan out.

You still have them ranked on your board. No team has what position they are drafting ahead of time penciled in on each round.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-21-2023, 02:57 PM
agreed.

if they trade up its for paris or gonzo

Agreed. Definitely not Carter. Steelers do not go out of their way to draft players with character concerns and these kinds of distractions.

Steel Maniac
04-21-2023, 05:34 PM
I don’t think we get a chance now at Paris Johnson. Titans say their taking him at # 11

LPMAN
04-21-2023, 05:47 PM
I don’t think we get a chance now at Paris Johnson. Titans say their taking him at # 11

Which means the Titans want the Bears to take him at #9 so somebody else falls to them like Witherspoon or Smith-Njigba. CHESS MATCH BEGINS

NJ-STEELER
04-21-2023, 05:59 PM
Which means the Titans want the Bears to take him at #9 so somebody else falls to them like Witherspoon or Smith-Njigba. CHESS MATCH BEGINS

Yeah. I’m not believing anything that comes out from teams liking who on this last week before the draft

whatever
04-21-2023, 07:26 PM
If we would trade up to the 9 to 12 range, do we take OL or DL?

Paris Johnson or Jalen Carter. For me, I'd take the latter, but wouldn't sad about getting either.

I thought I read where the Steelers weren’t concerned about the oline , not like some crazy steeler fans that wanted to address it.
Weird.

LPMAN
04-21-2023, 08:02 PM
I thought I read where the Steelers weren’t concerned about the oline , not like some crazy steeler fans that wanted to address it.
Weird.

that's them trying to throw off their scent.

whatever
04-21-2023, 08:46 PM
that's them trying to throw off their scent.

Nope, heard it from a real fan.
Of course a few oline FAs were signed, but whatever.. lol