PDA

View Full Version : No dl in the first 3 rounds??

LAMBERT72
04-18-2023, 05:30 AM
I read in the last mocks and some sites a reduction in the possibilities (or wishes) that we select DL in our first three rounds. Really?

Today our line is as follows:

+ Starters: Heyward (our best DLine and almost 34), Adams or Fehoko (maybe Watts) at NT, Larry Ogunjobi (almost 29).
+ Coming from the bench: Leal (promising, the only bright spot here), Loudermilk, Adams or Fehoko, Armon Watts... Who?????? (Except Leal)

Does this Dline really intimidate anyone? Can you imagine what would happen to this line if Heyward is injured for a long time (fingers crossed)? Can we really stop the run with these players?

I hope and want to be wrong but I'm afraid that this line can't stop tht run (last year we already suffered a lot in certain games), regularly create a lot of pressure on the rival quarterback...

If we do not start a serious renovation of the DLine, the same thing that we suffered with the OL (mediocrity for not investing in the firsts rounds), could happen to us in a very short time.

So I think we need to bet big on a good DLine player with our first three picks

So I really want a Tackle, DLine and CB (not in this order) with our first three picks... please no WR, RB, IOL, LB or S with our first 3 premium picks.

Just my two cents :tt2

WindyCitySteel
04-18-2023, 07:08 AM
I mentioned this in my Draft Priorities thread, won't be surprised at all if they ignore it in the draft. Maybe get a 340-lb run plugger late.

Then again, rumors are they will trade up for Speedy Carter if he drops to 9...

whisper
04-18-2023, 01:25 PM
We need DLman in the 1st 3 picks. OT, DL, CB. That's a fact, Jack.

LAMBERT72
04-18-2023, 02:03 PM
Absolutely agree Whisper!

LAMBERT72
04-18-2023, 02:04 PM
I mentioned this in my Draft Priorities thread, won't be surprised at all if they ignore it in the draft. Maybe get a 340-lb run plugger late.

Then again, rumors are they will trade up for Speedy Carter if he drops to 9...

I don't see they trading for Carter... But we never know!

LPMAN
04-18-2023, 04:02 PM
I don't see they trading for Carter... But we never know!

If Carter drops that far to #9 there will be a lot of teams ringing the Bears not just us.

Steel Maniac
04-18-2023, 08:45 PM
We need DLman in the 1st 3 picks. OT, DL, CB. That's a fact, Jack.

Those three are my preferences.

pfelix73
04-18-2023, 10:04 PM
I read in the last mocks and some sites a reduction in the possibilities (or wishes) that we select DL in our first three rounds. Really?

+ Starters: Heyward (our best DLine and almost 34), Adams or Fehoko (maybe Watts) at NT, Larry Ogunjobi (almost 29).
+ Coming from the bench: Leal (promising, the only bright spot here), Loudermilk, Adams or Fehoko, Armon Watts... Who?????? (Except Leal)

Does this Dline really intimidate anyone? Can you imagine what would happen to this line if Heyward is injured for a long time (fingers crossed)? Can we really stop the run with these players?

I hope and want to be wrong but I'm afraid that this line can't stop tht run (last year we already suffered a lot in certain games), regularly create a lot of pressure on the rival quarterback...

If we do not start a serious renovation of the DLine, the same thing that we suffered with the OL (mediocrity for not investing in the firsts rounds), could happen to us in a very short time.

So I really want a Tackle, DLine and CB (not in this order) with our first three picks... please no WR, RB, IOL, LB or S with our first 3 premium picks.

My 2 cents is you can forget about OT in the 1st 3 rounds. You are right about the DL. Its a glaring weakness, and I'd seriously consider trading up with the Bears or Eagles, IF Carter is still there. He's the best DL there, and could be a nice addition. Bresee I think, would be a nice pickup too at 17. And they know Kancey well from Pitt.

I'm starting to think they go OLB early too, considering we didnt sign Dupree. And CB. IF they trade up, obviously one of those 2nd round picks will be gone.

LAMBERT72
04-19-2023, 04:49 AM
My 2 cents is you can forget about OT in the 1st 3 rounds. You are right about the DL. Its a glaring weakness, and I'd seriously consider trading up with the Bears or Eagles, IF Carter is still there. He's the best DL there, and could be a nice addition. Bresee I think, would be a nice pickup too at 17. And they know Kancey well from Pitt.

I'm starting to think they go OLB early too, considering we didnt sign Dupree. And CB. IF they trade up, obviously one of those 2nd round picks will be gone.

I think with this FO (and I love what they're doing) we can expect the unexpected... But I don't see an OLB with our 4 firsts picks...

LAMBERT72
04-19-2023, 04:50 AM
If Carter drops that far to #9 there will be a lot of teams ringing the Bears not just us.

Absolutely agree

Joel Buchsbaum
04-21-2023, 06:11 AM

Not picking a DT in the first three round ( we have four picks is the first three rounds ) for the Steelers is idiotic. Focus on the names Ika, Benton, Dexter, and Smith in round two. My odds suggest they will likely be on the board for us with our picks for round two. Well, Smith might go in round one! One of these four names has a good chance of becoming a Steeler.