PDA

View Full Version : What will Pgh do with an easier schedule?

whisper
04-14-2023, 07:51 PM
https://steelersdepot.com/2023/04/easier-schedule-could-benefit-steelers-in-2023/

And also a QB not in his rookie year, better OL, other key parts a year older and playing together in camp - Pickens, Najee, Muth, DJ, Austin.

With an easier schedule (11th easiest in the NFL) and having come off a 9-win season with all those obstacles and a much tougher schedule, what should we expect? 12 wins? 13? Dizzy has to have them winning 15 one would think. They got the AFC South this year, not the AFC East. Still, don't have the bad NFC South to save the day (4-0 vs. them last season).

feltdizz
04-14-2023, 08:46 PM
I will wait until the schedule is released but I see us easily winning double digit games and will be disappointed if we miss the playoffs.

Barring serious injury to Kenny of course...

I see us going 4-2 at the worst in the division.

Texans W
Titans W
Colts W
Jags Toss up
Packers Toss up (depends on draft and AR)
Patriots W
49ers L
Seahags W
Rams (depends on QB)
Cardinals W
Raiders W

I see us with at least 11 wins. The other games I'll wait on because a team like the Rams had a SB hangover. Are they done or restocked? Same with Green Bay.

We struggle with the Pats but I hate them so I'm giving us the W.

Blitzer
04-14-2023, 09:55 PM
I dont think schedules/ranking really matter in april

whisper
04-15-2023, 10:23 AM
I will wait until the schedule is released but I see us easily winning double digit games and will be disappointed if we miss the playoffs.

Barring serious injury to Kenny of course...

I see us going 4-2 at the worst in the division.

Texans W
Titans W
Colts W
Jags Toss up
Packers Toss up (depends on draft and AR)
Patriots W
49ers L
Seahags W
Rams (depends on QB)
Cardinals W
Raiders W

I see us with at least 11 wins. The other games I'll wait on because a team like the Rams had a SB hangover. Are they done or restocked? Same with Green Bay.

We struggle with the Pats but I hate them so I'm giving us the W.

The easier schedule is gonna help. But the injury bug could appear in 2023 more than it did in 2022. Inner div. I'd say we go 3-3 (not far off from your 4-2). A few of those seemingly weaker teams will end up better (like Seattle last year, could be the Rams, TN or Indy this year).Hard to say. What will our offense be? 18 PPG like last year, or significantly better like 24 PPG?