PDA

View Full Version : Bush blasts Tomlin and the Steelers

whisper
04-14-2023, 12:11 PM
According to the headline any way.

https://www.steelernation.com/2023/04/13/steelers-former-buffoon-devin-bush-blasts-tomlin

I - like usual - am gonna call it like I see it.

1.) I don't see any major "blasts" from Bush towards Tomlin/Steelers. He said the culture was 180 degrees different. Didn't say how it was different, how it was better. He may have "implied" things were better but never said specifically how. Hardly a major "blast."

2.) Bush has no room for criticism after the poor showing he put up last year. OK, 1st year after an ACL, I'll give him a pass. But by the 2nd year, two years after the tear, still played passive and unaggressive at ILB? You got no room to say anything.

I will not add this to the legit list of past players who rip on Cool Shades. I don't find it legit.

LPMAN
04-14-2023, 12:20 PM
Bush was one of the softest inside linebackers in Steelers history. Got pushed all over the place like he was Letang in the crease. GOOD RIDDENCE!

Oviedo
04-14-2023, 12:29 PM
Another pathetic attempt to start a negative narrative

says in the article “NO SPECIFIS OFFERED”

Bush not accepting responsibility for he failed

whisper
04-14-2023, 12:37 PM
Another pathetic attempt to start a negative narrative

says in the article “NO SPECIFIS OFFERED”

Bush not accepting responsibility for he failed

"No proper English or spelling required."

SteelerOfDeVille
04-14-2023, 12:42 PM
According to the headline any way.

https://www.steelernation.com/2023/04/13/steelers-former-buffoon-devin-bush-blasts-tomlin

I - like usual - am gonna call it like I see it.

1.) I don't see any major "blasts" from Bush towards Tomlin/Steelers. He said the culture was 180 degrees different. Didn't say how it was different, how it was better. He may have "implied" things were better but never said specifically how. Hardly a major "blast."

2.) Bush has no room for criticism after the poor showing he put up last year. OK, 1st year after an ACL, I'll give him a pass. But by the 2nd year, two years after the tear, still played passive and unaggressive at ILB? You got no room to say anything.

I will not add this to the legit list of past players who rip on Cool Shades. I don't find it legit.
this is actually a breath of fresh air...

NorthCoast
04-14-2023, 12:52 PM
Bush has an epiphany. ....My coach puts in 100% so I guess I should too.

Should be fun watching him trying to tackle Deebo and McCaffrey.

steeler_george
04-14-2023, 01:00 PM
Not to point fingures, but your titile is just as misleading as the article.

Ghost
04-14-2023, 01:06 PM
To me, there is no way to view some of his comments as not slamming the head coach and the organization.

“It’s way beyond the X’s and O’s, He obviously cares a lot about his team”. “180 completely”

“I just got the feel that he is dedicated. He’s all in and doesn’t think about nothing else but Seattle Seahawks and winning.”

This is coming from a guy that was an absolute liability when he got on the field. Lost his starting role to a guy who should have been a backup. Acted like a little b!tch when he didn't get playing time. This is a great example of addition by subtraction. The team and the locker room is better off having this waste playing for another team.

whisper
04-14-2023, 01:13 PM
Not to point fingures, but your titile is just as misleading as the article.

Title is a direct pick up from the article. Bitch to them.

whisper
04-14-2023, 01:13 PM
To me, there is no way to view some of his comments as not slamming the head coach and the organization.

“It’s way beyond the X’s and O’s, He obviously cares a lot about his team”. “180 completely”

“I just got the feel that he is dedicated. He’s all in and doesn’t think about nothing else but Seattle Seahawks and winning.”

This is coming from a guy that was an absolute liability when he got on the field. Lost his starting role to a guy who should have been a backup. Acted like a little b!tch when he didn't get playing time. This is a great example of addition by subtraction. The team and the locker room is better off having this waste playing for another team.

Absolutely agree.

NorthCoast
04-14-2023, 01:17 PM

He was given more opportunities than he deserved. If he showed any semblance of improvement after his injury the org could have picked up his option. They knew better.

feltdizz
04-14-2023, 01:19 PM
Dude hasn’t played 1 snap yet or had one practice in pads.

whisper
04-14-2023, 07:31 PM
Dude hasn’t played 1 snap yet or had one practice in pads.

That's why I commented as I did. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"BuzzNuter"
04-14-2023, 08:46 PM
Bush looked good his first year then came the ACL injury. He never recovered. He always let blockers get to his body. He was not a starter after that first season.

I believe the only reason he stayed on was we moved up to 10 to get him. That's the highest we've moved up in the SB era. Halfway through his recovery season it was obvious that he was done. He's not going to do anything in Seattle.

feltdizz
04-14-2023, 08:50 PM
That's why I commented as I did. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

so why are you reacting like an ass if I'm agreeing with you?

Chadman
04-14-2023, 09:11 PM
Bush is taking early lessons from the "AB Guide To Saying Dumb Stuff" manual.

Starlifter
04-14-2023, 11:29 PM
one of the larger busts in steelers draft history. There really is no good explanation as to why he became so passive and soft - especially years removed from the ACL. zero impact, few tackles, horrible in pass protection. having him on the field should have made 3rd down for the defense ridiculously easy - because the offense would target Bush 90% of the time in a must have down.

Too bad. But he's gone, already forgotten and unless he decides he wants to play pro caliber football - I expect this is his last year in the NFL.

Captain Lemming
04-15-2023, 12:51 AM
Bush looked good his first year then came the ACL injury. He never recovered. He always let blockers get to his body. He was not a starter after that first season.

I believe the only reason he stayed on was we moved up to 10 to get him. That's the highest we've moved up in the SB era. Halfway through his recovery season it was obvious that he was done. He's not going to do anything in Seattle.

I would suggest 4/3 outside backer might be a better fit. It would not shock me if he works out in Seattle at all.

whisper
04-15-2023, 10:12 AM
I would suggest 4/3 outside backer might be a better fit. It would not shock me if he works out in Seattle at all.

I don't know: It would take a 100% transformation of attitude. He played like a total p-ssy in Pgh. No LB can be successful playing the way he did.

feltdizz
04-15-2023, 10:24 AM

it would shock me..

Bush was a monster before the injury but most of his issues seemed to be mental.

Unless he sees a psychologist and admits he sucked and needs to put in the work he isn't going to be any better.

Northern_Blitz
04-15-2023, 10:34 AM
Bush: "It's super-duper double extra different here than it was in Pittsburgh."

Reporter: "How?"

Bush: "How am I supposed to know. I just got here and haven't really done anything with the team yet."

WindyCitySteel
04-15-2023, 11:26 AM
Absolutely agree.

So you yourself are doing a 180 on your initial comments?

whisper
04-16-2023, 11:13 AM
So you yourself are doing a 180 on your initial comments?

No, how so?

whatever
04-16-2023, 11:22 AM
I’m having a hard time with this one.
Bush was an incredible draft pick. The trade up to get him was a steal. Instant starter, pro bowler etc. high character guy too. Obviously a steeler type that will keep us from having to address that position fir a decade.
Anyone who disagrees with any of this is a hater that doesn’t trust the organization .

WindyCitySteel
04-16-2023, 11:40 AM
No, how so?

You said in the OP that you didn't see any major slams of Tomlin, then seemed to be agreeing with this:

"To me, there is no way to view some of his comments as not slamming the head coach and the organization."

LPMAN
04-16-2023, 12:19 PM
Devin Bush looked like Tarzan played like Jane.

NJ-STEELER
04-16-2023, 12:54 PM
A 5 10 under 230 LBs linebacker looks like Tarzan ?

are you confusing Tarzan with that guy on fantasy island ?
:o

LPMAN
04-16-2023, 03:36 PM
A 5 10 under 230 LBs linebacker looks like Tarzan ?

are you confusing Tarzan with that guy on fantasy island ?
:o

I just like using that phrase on soft players.....wern't you the first one that used that line on BuD Dupree?

NJ-STEELER
04-16-2023, 04:08 PM
I just like using that phrase on soft players.....wern't you the first one that used that line on BuD Dupree?

oh copy. soft ur saying. i was thinking you were saying he looked like a physical specimen which would be pretty funny

re: bud. not sure. i dont rememeber

LPMAN
04-16-2023, 04:25 PM
oh copy. soft ur saying. i was thinking you were saying he looked like a physical specimen which would be pretty funny

re: bud. not sure. i dont rememeber

Somebody on SN used that phrase on Dupree during his 2nd year & it was spot on at that time. I laughed so hard. I thought it was you if my memory serves me.

NJ-STEELER
04-16-2023, 04:35 PM
Somebody on SN used that phrase on Dupree during his 2nd year & it was spot on at that time. I laughed so hard. I thought it was you if my memory serves me.

could have been, i'm a funny guy :o

my memory is failing me right now

NorthCoast
08-20-2023, 09:57 PM
Read where Bush shined in his latest outing with the Seahawks, 6 tackles, one TFL... and.. a special teams tackle!

Joel Buchsbaum
08-21-2023, 06:57 AM
Devin Bush looked like Tarzan played like Jane.

He looked like a midget and was far from a muscled and strong Tazan, but he played like Jane!

Dwinsgames
08-21-2023, 08:26 AM
https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_e301d4d3-770a-480a-a7a8-e5f5c255c739?wid=1200&hei=1200&fit=constrain&qlt=80&fmt=webp

headline and article are very deceptive , clickbait

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Frumble.com%2Fv30gz9a-click-bait-trap-prophetic-warning.html&psig=AOvVaw0tZHA3LvQA9Usul09vM-1M&ust=1692707167990000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CA8QjRxqFwoTCOjr993f7YADFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

Polamalubeast
08-21-2023, 04:06 PM
I've never seen an inside linebacker so weak against the run like Bush was in the last 2 seasons with us.

NorthCoast
08-21-2023, 04:12 PM
I've never seen an inside linebacker so weak against the run like Bush was in the last 2 seasons with us.

But Coach Carroll has him playing at an all pro level.

Polamalubeast
08-27-2023, 03:58 PM
Seahawks ‘May Be Trying To Trade’ LB Devin Bush, In Danger Of Not Making Seattle’s Roster

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/08/seahawks-may-be-trying-to-trade-lb-devin-bush-in-danger-of-not-making-seattles-roster/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

whisper
08-27-2023, 04:46 PM
Seahawks ‘May Be Trying To Trade’ LB Devin Bush, In Danger Of Not Making Seattle’s Roster

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/08/seahawks-may-be-trying-to-trade-lb-devin-bush-in-danger-of-not-making-seattles-roster/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not really sounding like a world beater in Seattle either. Who is gonna trade for THAT? So much for Bush arrogantly stating that he would be hired and playing for someone if not the Steelers.

Blitzer
08-27-2023, 04:54 PM
I am glad he is someone elses problem. who knows what would have happened without the knee injury. But we know how he play after the injury

Buzz
08-28-2023, 10:00 AM
Bush was a big swing & miss by Colbert/Tomlin

thankfully, he's gone -- and thankfully, Khan/Wiedel/Tomlin look to be getting our ILB situation back on track

feltdizz
08-28-2023, 10:02 AM
I almost feel bad for Bush because he was a beast that first year before his injury.

However, dude also had zero accountability and seems like a guy who couldn’t admit he needed to improve after the injury.

WindyCitySteel
08-28-2023, 10:11 AM
I almost feel bad for Bush because he was a beast that first year before his injury.

However, dude also had zero accountability and seems like a guy who couldn?t admit he needed to improve after the injury.

No, he really wasn't a "beast", he was just a little better than Jon Bostic. This was a disastrous draft pick from the jump.

feltdizz
08-28-2023, 10:18 AM
No, he really wasn't a "beast", he was just a little better than Jon Bostic. This was a disastrous draft pick from the jump.

pretty sure he led all Steelers with tackles his rookie year.

109 tackles
2 sacks
1 FF
4 fumble recoveries
1 TD
9 Tackles for loss

That is a pretty impressive outing for a rookie Steeler ILB.

Being called a beast doesn?t mean he was the best to ever do it.

Jon Bostic had 58 tackles his rookie year.

No one talked about Bush being a disaster after his rookie year. It was after his injury and that was my point. After his injury he was a shell but if he kept that production from his rookie year and built on it no one would call it a disaster.

This article sure sounded like he was off to a good start.

https://triblive.com/sports/rookie-linebacker-devin-bush-good-as-advertised-for-steelers-defense/

NJ-STEELER
08-28-2023, 02:09 PM

yep.

surrounded by loads of talent on that side of the ball, he's the guy the offenses didn't care to block and reaped the rewards.

NorthCoast
08-29-2023, 08:32 PM
Seattle cut Bush!

No, not your favorite LB....:D

LPMAN
08-29-2023, 09:01 PM
Guy was softer than butter

LPMAN
08-29-2023, 09:06 PM
Seattle cut Bush!

No, not your favorite LB....:D

I read Bush made the team. That they were trying to trade him but no takers.

hawaiiansteel
03-14-2024, 05:28 PM
Bush signed with the Browns, we will be able to run straight at him 2 games a season!

:brownssuck

Chucktownsteeler
03-14-2024, 05:46 PM
Bush signed with the Browns, we will be able to run straight at him 2 games a season!

:brownssuck

BWhahahaha!

Oviedo
03-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Why does anyone still care about Bush?

Chucktownsteeler
03-14-2024, 06:52 PM

I like bush.

fordfixer
03-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Every chance I get :Boobs

Buzz
03-14-2024, 10:30 PM
'Viedo set that one up

SteelerOfDeVille
03-14-2024, 11:57 PM
https://x.com/AB84/status/1768463875228242428?s=20

For those who can't see it...

Devin Bush is a Cleveland Brown.

And AB replies

Lawsuit said Watson loved Bush

AB!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2024, 09:15 AM
You can't make this stuff up!

Thanks for posting.

hawaiiansteel
03-16-2024, 07:51 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240315/7cd6cd6e7c15276d82538ebc804f0955.jpg

Captain Lemming
03-16-2024, 11:07 PM
https://x.com/AB84/status/1768463875228242428?s=20

For those who can't see it...

And AB replies

AB!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DO NOT LET THE HATED ABs BROWNS DIS MAKE YOU FOLKS SMILE.

Stay STRONG my brothers no matter how funny he is.

Captain Lemming
03-16-2024, 11:13 PM
I for one fear the punishment a motivated Bush might inflict on Najee.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/avvfBRQzHcwAAAAd/najee-harris-pittsburgh-steelers.gif

Buzz
03-17-2024, 12:31 AM
I for one fear the punishment a motivated Bush might inflict on Najee.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/avvfBRQzHcwAAAAd/najee-harris-pittsburgh-steelers.gif

no need to fear that
Bush will find a way to stay far enough away from him so as to make contact nearly impossible