PDA

View Full Version : Flippy Final Mock - Hardest Draft Ever to Predict Edition

flippy
04-28-2022, 09:04 AM
Daxton Hill - S - MI

Biggest area of need is coverage with all the good QBs and WRs we'll be facing from here on out.

David Ojabo - Edge - MI

Having a elite pass rusher opposite TJ could be a nighmare for everyone we play. I think he's got some serious upside and can be worked into a rotation right away and really help elevate our pass rush.

Carson Strong - QB - Nevada

I think he's got it. If he doesn't have an issue with his health/knee, he's a top 5 pick. I think his floor is Neil ODonnel which I think can carry a team, but his ceiling is way higher.

Calvin Austin - WR - Memphis

He's tiny, but he quick and I think he could be an asset in the offense I think Canada will want to run.

Justyn Ross - WR - Clemson

Another guy that probably goes higher if not for medical issues. I almost view him as a second TE with his size/hands more than an outside WR.

Matt Henningsen - DT - Wisconsin

Didn't get an invite to the combine, but seems like a smart, hard working guy with some size and athleticism to be developed. Same school as TJ and Loudermilk so maybe that gives him some added incentive to work hard and develop in the Burgh. Was reading the dude is smart (Electrical Engineering degree).

Jack Coan - QB - ND

I think he's a smart guy that can play QB that's still improving. Not the best athlete or the best arm, but decent and good decision maker that I think could turn into a decent QB if he keeps working at it. Plus we need a 4th arm according to Colbert.

WindyCitySteel
04-28-2022, 09:18 AM
Like everything but your first pick - I'd go Olave, we need weapons. He's a bonafide #1, reminds me of Marvin Harrison.

flippy
04-28-2022, 09:24 AM
Like everything but your first pick - I'd go Olave, we need weapons. He's a bonafide #1, reminds me of Marvin Harrison.

Id be ok with that too.

I really felt like I wanted a couple extra picks and couldn’t get all the players/positions I wanted.

I do think we really need a S/CB that can cover. I think we need WRs. I think we need DT/DE. I think we need OL. I think we can upgrade our LBs.

I change my mind every day I look at our needs and settle on it’s just going to take time to improve everything that needs to be fixed.

And we’re gonna have to do a great job with UDFAs.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-28-2022, 10:02 AM
David Ojabo - Edge - MI

Having a elite pass rusher opposite TJ could be a nighmare for everyone we play. I think he's got some serious upside and can be worked into a rotation right away and really help elevate our pass rush.

Is Ojabo the kid who went down with a serious injury at his pro day? The video where he crumpled and the coach running the drills just called for the next guy while he lay there? If so, is he now ready to go? I don't remember hearing anything about him since.

Buzz
04-28-2022, 10:23 AM
I like this draft, but I would hope we don't select two QBs with so many other needs. We can pick up a 4th QB after final cutdowns or through UDFA

SteelerOfDeVille
04-28-2022, 03:25 PM
*If* they don't trade up and the Georgia DT are gone, I'm hoping for Andrew Booth, Jr. Seems to be most likely to still be on the board at 1.20 and I honestly think he becomes the top CB on the board.

Also, keep an eye out of the Jets take an OT as some projected... Seems Mekhi Becton may be available (for what some project is a 3rd rounder). I'd do it. The former 1st rounder would be the best OT on the team. There's not a guy to be had in the 3rd with that much talent.

feltdizz
04-28-2022, 03:48 PM
That ND quarterback isn’t anything special and would be. waste of a draft pick.

WindyCitySteel
04-28-2022, 04:33 PM
I like this draft, but I would hope we don't select two QBs with so many other needs. We can pick up a 4th QB after final cutdowns or through UDFA

What needs will you fill in the 7th round? Coan is an intriguing prospect.

Captain Lemming
04-28-2022, 07:46 PM
Round 1 WILL be a QB. Willis if he is there.
Very high chance we trade up for Wills.
If we don't get him...another QB

Not a fan of the idea.

Buzz
04-28-2022, 07:54 PM
What needs will you fill in the 7th round?

RB ... developmental OL, DL, LB, S