PDA

View Full Version : My Final Mock Draft 2022

Prowler
04-24-2022, 07:46 PM
#20 Devin Lloyd ILB - Utah - With this pick we can move on from the softest starting LB in the team's recent history. My highest rated player in this spot would have been the generational talent of Jordan Davis, however I don't think he falls this far. Other players under consideration for me are Chris Olave and Kenny Pickett.

#52 Travis Jones NT - U Conn - This large man is a beast against the run. With Jones in front of Lloyd and Jack we can turn teams into one dimensional offenses

#84 Bryan Cook SS - Bearcats - I feel like Cook is an upgrade in the box and in coverage over Edmunds.

#138 Khalil Shakir WR - Boise St. - The best hands in the draft in my opinion. His acrobatic catches are some of the best, I've ever seen. Plus he's a perfect fit for a Matt Canada offense on those jet sweeps etc.

#209 Hassan Haskins RB - Michigan - If Najee goes down we're screwed. I don't trust Benny Snell football or McFarland to carry the rock thus this pick is important as a backup plan. Of course I really like Haskins too.

#226 Charleston Rambo WR - Obviously we need bodies at WR so I double dip at the position. Plus I wouldn't mind doing the Rambo all over the woke folks here. lol

#242 Chris Oladokun QB - South Dakota St. - We need arms due to the passing of Haskins. Oladukun is a beast of a man with great upside. That said he'll need lots of time to develop, but in round #7 if he doesn't, it doesn't matter.

Chucktownsteeler
04-24-2022, 08:04 PM
Actually not a bad draft overall and I do think we pick a QB late or UDFA. However I think it may be the kid from Notre Dame or Cole Kelley.

I am not sold on ILB at #20, it all depends on who is available.

Buzz
04-24-2022, 08:07 PM
#20 Devin Lloyd ILB - Utah - With this pick we can move on from the softest starting LB in the team's recent history. My highest rated player in this spot would have been the generational talent of Jordan Davis, however I don't think he falls this far. Other players under consideration for me are Chris Olave and Kenny Pickett.

#52 Travis Jones NT - U Conn - This large man is a beast against the run. With Jones in front of Lloyd and Jack we can turn teams into one dimensional offenses

#84 Bryan Cook SS - Bearcats - I feel like Cook is an upgrade in the box and in coverage over Edmunds.

#138 Khalil Shakir WR - Boise St. - The best hands in the draft in my opinion. His acrobatic catches are some of the best, I've ever seen. Plus he's a perfect fit for a Matt Canada offense on those jet sweeps etc.

#209 Hassan Haskins RB - Michigan - If Najee goes down we're screwed. I don't trust Benny Snell football or McFarland to carry the rock thus this pick is important as a backup plan. Of course I really like Haskins too.

#226 Charleston Rambo WR - Obviously we need bodies at WR so I double dip at the position. Plus I wouldn't mind doing the Rambo all over the woke folks here. lol

#242 Chris Oladokun QB - South Dakota St. - We need arms due to the passing of Haskins. Oladukun is a beast of a man with great upside. That said he'll need lots of time to develop, but in round #7 if he doesn't, it doesn't matter.

I like the selections a lot, but we'd have to find another O-lineman in FA

Prowler
04-24-2022, 11:23 PM
I like the selections a lot, but we'd have to find another O-lineman in FA

I agree that we need to find another o-lineman in free agency. I would have liked to have found another one in my mock but after round #4, I didn't really know any that would help and I really wanted to address those other positions first.

Prowler
04-24-2022, 11:25 PM
Actually not a bad draft overall and I do think we pick a QB late or UDFA. However I think it may be the kid from Notre Dame or Cole Kelley.

I am not sold on ILB at #20, it all depends on who is available.

I'm finding that at pick #20 we're in no man's land. I almost want to trade up for Davis or trade down and add picks.

steeler_george
04-25-2022, 04:36 AM
Love this draft, I want us to go D early and often, and skill positions later in the draft.
I like your thinking, we always seem to take the highest ranked play at a position that drops in the draft.

I been screaming for the past two years that we need to draft an ILB early.
( Prior to this it was TE)

Llyod would be a beast, I might even give up on Bush and trade him for a 3rd or 4th.
( highly doubt it though)

steeler_george
04-25-2022, 04:52 AM
For all you draft necks, nerds, geeks and draft wierdos ( I am one),

This year I think we have to make 2 mocks.

One with a QB and one with a NON QB in the first.

All signs are showing for a QB, but all again, all signs are showing that the top 3 QBs will be available at 20. ( Willis, Picket, Ridder)

flippy
04-25-2022, 08:57 AM
I like the picks in general, but just am not sure how I'd feel about another ILB in the 1st.

Joel Buchsbaum
04-25-2022, 10:18 AM

Getting Lloyd would be a minor steal, and Jones would be a solid second round, though I worry about his competition level. Sakair would have to be a third-round pick. There are many receivers this year, but I doubt he will last. I don't know much about Cook, but we need a safety. He must be able to cover well, not only in the box. The game has changed and S's are close to Cb's. I like the way you think.

MeetJoeGreene
04-25-2022, 12:40 PM
That is an excellent mock draft

NorthCoast
04-25-2022, 01:41 PM
I agree that we need to find another o-lineman in free agency. I would have liked to have found another one in my mock but after round #4, I didn't really know any that would help and I really wanted to address those other positions first.I would look at Volson before taking a RB on Day 3; "never allowed a sack for the Bison and allowed just 15 pressures across 974 pass-blocking snaps, per Pro Football Focus"

How about a Mike Hilton replacement in the 7th or UDFA? Jalen Pitre. Finished his last season at Baylor with 18.5 TFLs, 75 tackles, 3.5 sacks; 6', ~200lbs, runs a 4.37 40.

SidSmythe
04-25-2022, 02:02 PM
You obviously didn't see our offense last yr 🤔

SteelerMaine83
04-25-2022, 08:34 PM
I'm finding that at pick #20 we're in no man's land. I almost want to trade up for Davis or trade down and add picks.

Yeah, this may be true. Some interesting trading partners could land us up to 5 picks in the top 100, which would be ideal. I think this draft is a crapshoot in picks 35-100, as it just comes down to what flavor you like and what you need. Lots of good players, just hard to slot them.