PDA

View Full Version : Analytics Predicts the Draft

NorthCoast
04-19-2022, 10:20 AM
New tool from ESPN uses analytics from combine, team needs, and other metrics to predict the draft. It's different than mock drafts anyway.

Although he only has a 20% chance of being available at 1.20 Pickett has the highest chance of being the player picked by the Steelers. Interesting that Treylon Burks is the next most likely pick by the Steelers if Pickett is gone (slight edge over Willis). Willis only has a 20% chance of being available at 1.20.

QBs that are predicted to be available at 1.20 with >90% probability include Howell, Corral, and Ridder.

fun stuff to play with;
http://3.144.231.135/draft_predictor_by_pick.html

And they seem to have gotten Steeler team needs right.

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 11:13 AM
I had a dream last night we picked Pickett and he was ballin out..

then I woke up.

I would love it if we drafted Pickett.

Shawn
04-19-2022, 11:23 AM
I had a dream last night we picked Pickett and he was ballin out..

then I woke up.

I would love it if we drafted Pickett.

Oh man. I've only had one draft dream and that was in 2006 when I dreamed that we would trade up to grab Holmes. I do not want a first round QB with that said, if your dream plays out and he balls out? I'll be his biggest supporter.

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 11:29 AM
Oh man. I've only had one draft dream and that was in 2006 when I dreamed that we would trade up to grab Holmes. I do not want a first round QB with that said, if your dream plays out and he balls out? I'll be his biggest supporter.

my dreams usually come true.. lol.

Not sure if this means Pickett is the QB but I know for a fact I thought in my dream..

“damn… where is Mitch? He didn’t even get to start one game.. lol”

Shawn
04-19-2022, 07:28 PM
my dreams usually come true.. lol.

Not sure if this means Pickett is the QB but I know for a fact I thought in my dream..

“damn… where is Mitch? He didn’t even get to start one game.. lol”

If we get our next future franchise QB? I will be one happy guy.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-20-2022, 11:47 AM
If we get our next future franchise QB? I will be one happy guy.

Unfortunately in this draft, that is a very big "if".