PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Rank MTrubisky vs 2022 QB Class

NorthCoast
04-19-2022, 09:02 AM
Where would you slot Trubisky if he was in this year's QB class?
(based only on college performance)

The second part is write-in; if he is below any QBs in this class, why?

WindyCitySteel
04-19-2022, 09:03 AM
Now Mitch Trubisky or Mitch Trubisky the 2017 prospect?

Also, I don't see a poll. Select the poll option and hit Submit and it will then take you to the page where you enter the options.

NorthCoast
04-19-2022, 09:07 AM

Also, I don't see a poll. Select the poll option and hit Submit and it will then take you to the page where you enter the options.sorry, should be there now

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 09:57 AM
I voted.. I have him 4th.

I would put Ridder, Pickett and Sam Howell ahead of him based solely on college performance.

I said it before and I will say it again. Mitch Trubisky was severely over-drafted by the Bears.

SteelSpain
04-19-2022, 10:12 AM

That. The 2017 prospect would be #1 sure. The 2022 maybe #4

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 10:35 AM
That. The 2017 prospect would be #1 sure. The 2022 maybe #4

hold up.

Mitch 2017: 1 year starter.
3800 yards, 30TD’s, 6 INT’s
record that year: 8-5

Sam Howell 3 year starter
10,200 yards, 92 TD’s, 23 INT’s
record this year: 6-7

Pickett 3 year starter? Maybe 4. I would post all his stats from 5 years but I think this last year is the reason he climbed the board.

4,300 yards, 42 TD’s, 7 INT’s
record this year: 11-2

Riddler 4 year starter
10200 yards, 87 TD’s, 28 INT’s
Record this year: 13-1 with a playoff appearance vs Bama.

Yeah… Sam Howell struggled this year but his first 2 years he impressed. That is the only one that Mitch may be able to jump ahead of based on Howell’s last year.

Every other QB above was much more impressive IMO.

flippy
04-19-2022, 11:13 AM
hold up.

Pickett 3 year starter? Maybe 4. I would post all his stats from 5 years but I think this last year is the reason he climbed the board.

Riddler 4 year starter

Yeah… Sam Howell struggled this year but his first 2 years he impressed. That is the only one that Mitch may be able to jump ahead of based on Howell’s last year.

NFL.com gave Trubisky a higher grade when he entered the draft than any of the current guys. Most of the current QBs are getting a 6.4 rating on NFL.com which is a good starter within 2 years. They gave Trubisky a 7.0 which expects him to be a pro bowler.

There are things I like and don't like about all these guys.

For example, all these guys are under 6'5". Is it the be all end all to be a shorter QB? No. But I think it can have an impact.

Some of these guys have bad mechanics or poor releases. The knock on Mitch coming out was he played out of the shotgun and wasn't aware or super effective against a blitz. But he played one year so I think that's something you can overlook.

Take a guy like Pickett. Is he comparable to Mitch because he just had one good year out of 5? I would think Mitch would have similarly improved had he had 5 years of playing at the college level.

I think the 1 year makes him a tougher compare so my tendency would be to give Mitch some benefit of the doubt that he too would get better with more PT and it's impressive he did well in his 1 year as a starter which others didn't.

The Man of Steel
04-19-2022, 11:21 AM
hold up.

Riddler 4 year starter

Before you posted all of those college stats you should have taken a look at Landry Jones and Mason Rudolph’s college stats because they both look like first rounders based on what they did in college.

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 11:38 AM
Before you posted all of those college stats you should have taken a look at Landry Jones and Mason Rudolph’s college stats because they both look like first rounders based on what they did in college.

I know Big 12 QB’s put up gangster stats. Its the main reason I shrugged at Mahommes when Shawn hyped him up. Texas Tech QB’s?? Pffft. They all put up stats.

But beyond just the stats I have watched almost every Pitt game this year besides the Miami game.. smh. We never beat Miami.

Saw at least 10 Cincinnati games in his career because I rooted for the Bearcats these last 2 years to throw a wrench in the playoffs.

and I live in Charlotte so unfortunately I have seen more North Carolina games than I care to admit. Howell was legit his first 2 years and dropped like a rock this year. They lost a ton of talent too but no excuses. He didn’t deliver as expected.

Mitch.. well, I watched a few of his games and just didn’t see the hype. He’s tall but that’s about it. I was shocked when he went so high. Definitely thought he was a day 2 QB but his size made him stand out
way more than his game film.

NorthCoast
04-19-2022, 11:47 AM

I would put Ridder, Pickett and Sam Howell ahead of him based solely on college performance.

I said it before and I will say it again. Mitch Trubisky was severely over-drafted by the Bears.He was a consensus 1st round QB by most mocks. You can argue he was a reach where CHI picked him but he was also the consensus #1QB pick over Watson and Mahomes. There are more than a few teams that should go back over that draft to see what they were missing when looking at the QBs.
I don't think Trubisky was ready to start in Yr1. This was the Bears mistake. And I don't any of the QBs in this draft should start in Yr1 either. Let them watch and learn.

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 11:50 AM
NFL.com gave Trubisky a higher grade when he entered the draft than any of the current guys. Most of the current QBs are getting a 6.4 rating on NFL.com which is a good starter within 2 years. They gave Trubisky a 7.0 which expects him to be a pro bowler.

There are things I like and don't like about all these guys.

For example, all these guys are under 6'5". Is it the be all end all to be a shorter QB? No. But I think it can have an impact.

Some of these guys have bad mechanics or poor releases. The knock on Mitch coming out was he played out of the shotgun and wasn't aware or super effective against a blitz. But he played one year so I think that's something you can overlook.

Take a guy like Pickett. Is he comparable to Mitch because he just had one good year out of 5? I would think Mitch would have similarly improved had he had 5 years of playing at the college level.

I think the 1 year makes him a tougher compare so my tendency would be to give Mitch some benefit of the doubt that he too would get better with more PT and it's impressive he did well in his 1 year as a starter which others didn't.

First off… they got it wrong on Mitch which shows that these sites and experts can also be blinded by the height.

Why would you give Mitch the benefit? Because he is tall? Because he is a Steeler?

My question all along with Mitch was “why couldn’t this big ass QB beat out the guy in front of him at UNC?

and the other question is.. if Mitch looked like Kizer would he go so high in that draft?

For the life of me I will never understand the NFL’s infatuation with height. I think teams are finally realizing being tall doesn’t make you good.. lol.

Selecting guys like Mitch over Watson is how you get fired from your job. Anyone with 2 eyes could see Watson was much better than Mitch but scouts and experts love a QB who looks like Mitch even if he doesn’t play anything close to his stature.

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 11:56 AM
He was a consensus 1st round QB by most mocks. You can argue he was a reach where CHI picked him but he was also the consensus #1QB pick over Watson and Mahomes. There are more than a few teams that should go back over that draft to see what they were missing when looking at the QBs.
I don't think Trubisky was ready to start in Yr1. This was the Bears mistake. And I don't any of the QBs in this draft should start in Yr1 either. Let them watch and learn.

Which goes to show you how wrong these mocks and experts can be when it comes to QB’s.

IMO I have these QB’s rated higher because guys like Pickett and Ridder won conference championship games.

I put them higher due to game film and watching with my eyes.

I can’t speak on Strong or Willis, I’ve never watched a game with them.

What made the Trubisky pick more shocking is the Bears moved up to grab him.. they bought the hype but I really have no idea what the hype was with Trubisky. He just didn’t impress me.

Again, I watch a lot of college football so it draft experts and/orNFL.com swaying my opinion. I had a lot to say about the Bears drafting Mitch over Watson.

Djfan
04-19-2022, 12:14 PM
For the life of me I will never understand the NFL’s infatuation with height. I think teams are finally realizing being tall doesn’t make you good.. lol.

Doug Flutie approves of this message.

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 12:50 PM
Doug Flutie approves of this message.

Given how well Russell Wilson played in Seattle I was shocked to see a kid like Watson fall.

Watson in 2016.

4500 yards passing. 41 TD’s, 17 INT.. 650 yards rushing, 9 TD’s

and a NATIONAL TITLE win over Bama

and they picked Trubisky?

Personally.. It will go down as one of the strangest QB draft moves ever by a franchise.

As you can tell, that pick really made me smh at GM’s who needed a QB and passed on Watson. Its like how people are scratching their head at the Malik Willis hype. I totally get it because its all based on “ceiling and upside” which can get you in a lot of trouble. Zach Wilson, Daniel Jones.. those type picks always make me scratch my head.

Josh Allen panned out so maybe Mitch turns the corner too but based on his 2016 season no one can convince me he was the best QB based on anything besides his height.

Northern_Blitz
04-19-2022, 01:00 PM
hold up.

Riddler 4 year starter

How does he compare with Willis? I think I know why you didn't include him in this post.

Seems to me that Willis is the QB I hear ranked at the top in this year's class.

But it also sounds like he is raw and is ranked higher than the others because he has the traits people think are important.

So, would Mitch have been ranked higher than Willis?

Willis started 2 seasons but Mitch's season looks much better than either of Malik's (granted one of those seasons was shortened by covid).

You had Mitch with the following:

Willis 2021: 2 year starter. final year stats:
2857 yards, 27TD’s, 12 INT’s
record that year: didn't see this in sports-reference.com where I got the data from

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/malik-willis-1.html

Mitch's numbers are way better, right?

And Mitch is also supposed to be a good athlete. I haven't watched much of either Willis or Mitch, so I don't know who is better in that regard. I've heard that Willis is athletic, but not to the extent of someone like LJ (who's kind of on his own plane).

So I think it seems reasonable to think that Mitch would probably be rated higher than Willis? And most I've read / heard think Willis will be first off the board.

So I think Mitch would probably be QB1, or at least in pretty serious conversation for QB1.

But they are all mystery boxes...and who knows how any of them develop. The odds for any single QB being a long term starter or making a probowl aren't good.

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 01:37 PM
How does he compare with Willis? I think I know why you didn't include him in this post.

Seems to me that Willis is the QB I hear ranked at the top in this year's class.

But it also sounds like he is raw and is ranked higher than the others because he has the traits people think are important.

So, would Mitch have been ranked higher than Willis?

Willis started 2 seasons but Mitch's season looks much better than either of Malik's (granted one of those seasons was shortened by covid).

You had Mitch with the following:

Willis 2021: 2 year starter. final year stats:
2857 yards, 27TD’s, 12 INT’s
record that year: didn't see this in sports-reference.com where I got the data from

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/malik-willis-1.html

Mitch's numbers are way better, right?

And Mitch is also supposed to be a good athlete. I haven't watched much of either Willis or Mitch, so I don't know who is better in that regard. I've heard that Willis is athletic, but not to the extent of someone like LJ (who's kind of on his own plane).

So I think it seems reasonable to think that Mitch would probably be rated higher than Willis? And most I've read / heard think Willis will be first off the board.

So I think Mitch would probably be QB1, or at least in pretty serious conversation for QB1.

But they are all mystery boxes...and who knows how any of them develop. The odds for any single QB being a long term starter or making a probowl aren't good.

I didn’t include Willis or Strong because I don’t rate them higher than Trubisky based on this poll.

If you read the whole thread you will see that:

1) I don’t trust the experts who have/had Trubisky and Willis rated higher than other QB’s on their drafts. You don’t think its a bit telling that Mitch was rated #1 in 2017 and is making $6 mill per year while Mahommes and Watson are
making $45 mill fully guaranteed? Wouldn’t that make you slow your roll on how they rate QB’s?

2) I think Trubisky is the 4th best QB based on the poll so I only put him against the other QB’s I have him rated below.

I think its a terrible idea to believe Trubisky being better than Willis puts him at #1. Willis is not the best QB based on film and stats. Granted I haven’t seen film of Willis I just think the hype has been so much there has to be a bit of payola going on. Dude had like 12 yards passing in the Senior Bowl and the experts act like he won the day.

Northern_Blitz
04-19-2022, 02:19 PM
I didn’t include Willis or Strong because I don’t rate them higher than Trubisky based on this poll.

If you read the whole thread you will see that:

1) I don’t trust the experts who have/had Trubisky and Willis rated higher than other QB’s on their drafts. You don’t think its a bit telling that Mitch was rated #1 in 2017 and is making $6 mill per year while Mahommes and Watson are
making $45 mill fully guaranteed? Wouldn’t that make you slow your roll on how they rate QB’s?

2) I think Trubisky is the 4th best QB based on the poll so I only put him against the other QB’s I have him rated below.

I think its a terrible idea to believe Trubisky being better than Willis puts him at #1. Willis is not the best QB based on film and stats. Granted I haven’t seen film of Willis I just think the hype has been so much there has to be a bit of payola going on. Dude had like 12 yards passing in the Senior Bowl and the experts act like he won the day.

I also don't like the idea of picking Willis. And Mitch seems like a similar situation.

But I think most ranking look at ceiling over anything when it comes to QBs. Especially this year where there doesn't really seem to be a guy with a very high floor. At least that's the argument I keep hearing for having Willis as the 1st QB.

I think there would be similar arguments for Mitch if he was in this year's class. And he did better than Willis in the NCAA with less experience. So coaches and GMs would probably think he has a higher ceiling if they can just coach him up.

I think teams want to swing for the fences with QBs. Because the upside is so big.

I don't necessarily agree with that philosophy, but it seems to be driving the discussion this year at least.

flippy
04-19-2022, 02:29 PM
First off… they got it wrong on Mitch which shows that these sites and experts can also be blinded by the height.

Why would you give Mitch the benefit? Because he is tall? Because he is a Steeler?

My question all along with Mitch was “why couldn’t this big ass QB beat out the guy in front of him at UNC?

and the other question is.. if Mitch looked like Kizer would he go so high in that draft?

Selecting guys like Mitch over Watson is how you get fired from your job. Anyone with 2 eyes could see Watson was much better than Mitch but scouts and experts love a QB who looks like Mitch even if he doesn’t play anything close to his stature.

I'd give Mitch the benefit of only having one year to develop as a starter over someone like Pickett who had 5 years to put together his first good season. I would assume Mitch would get better if he had 5 years of playing time in college.

The question was comparing Mitch coming out to the guys in this year's draft. I would have never taken him ahead of Mahommes or Watson. Mahommes had the cannon for an arm that put him on a level Mitch could never dream of. And Watson was a winner and a great QB.

But these guys in this draft are no Watson or Mahommes.

I think Willis is the only one with the natural physical ability that Mitch can't touch. The rest not so much. It's a group of mediocre guys that could make it, but most probably won't.

I put Mitch at #2 in the poll after Willis. But Willis hasn't done anything to make me believe he can play at the next level. He just has the physical tools to work with that no other QB has in this class. And for me that's it on my ranking.

I think Ridder could have the "it" factor, but the rest leave me wanting more.

flippy
04-19-2022, 02:34 PM
Re: QB height, all things equal, it's harder to be shorter. Look at all the batted balls and the size/height of the linemen you have to throw over. Russel Wilson has to take a 20 step drop sometimes (exaggeration but it feels like it sometimes) to be able to see the field. if the pocket collapse around you, a smaller QB will get swallowed up but a taller guy can still see and get a throw off.

there will always be guys who can buck the trend, but they just aren't the prototype and if you're going to invest the top pick in a draft on a QB, it's just safer to follow the norms. less risk.

NorthCoast
04-19-2022, 02:51 PM
I'd give Mitch the benefit of only having one year to develop as a starter over someone like Pickett who had 5 years to put together his first good season. I would assume Mitch would get better if he had 5 years of playing time in college.

The question was comparing Mitch coming out to the guys in this year's draft. I would have never taken him ahead of Mahommes or Watson. Mahommes had the cannon for an arm that put him on a level Mitch could never dream of. And Watson was a winner and a great QB.

I think Willis is the only one with the natural physical ability that Mitch can't touch. The rest not so much. It's a group of mediocre guys that could make it, but most probably won't.

I put Mitch at #2 in the poll after Willis. But Willis hasn't done anything to make me believe he can play at the next level. He just has the physical tools to work with that no other QB has in this class. And for me that's it on my ranking.

I think Ridder could have the "it" factor, but the rest leave me wanting more.I said before that these QBs all have their flaws and teams need to decide which flaws they can manage/correct.

Interesting pro comparisons from one website:

Willis = "raw Robert Griffin III"
Ridder = "inaccurate Ryan Tannehill"
Pickett = "Matt Ryan"
Howell = "Tyrod Taylor"
Strong = "Drew Lock"
Corral = "Treyvon Boykin"

So, if you're the GM which pro comp makes you want one of these guys in Rd1? Seems there is only one right answer.

Joel Buchsbaum
04-19-2022, 02:51 PM
Where would you slot Trubisky if he was in this year's QB class?
(based only on college performance)

The second part is write-in; if he is below any QBs in this class, why?

Trubisky wasn't worth the 2nd pick in the draft and only did it for a short amount of time. Watch for those QB with short track records especially those in with a non power 5 track recrod . This year I think he woukd be qb2 behind Pickett. Drafted in the middle of the first round, I think.

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 03:02 PM
I said before that these QBs all have their flaws and teams need to decide which flaws they can manage/correct.

Pickett = "Matt Ryan"
Howell = "Tyrod Taylor"
Strong = "Drew Lock"

So, if you're the GM which pro comp makes you want one of these guys in Rd1? Seems there is only one right answer.

CRAP.. I knew I was forgetting a QB.

I need to change my poll vote and push Trubisky down even further. I would put Corral ahead of him too.

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 03:08 PM

I think Ridder could have the "it" factor, but the rest leave me wanting more.

my issue with Trubisky is not being able to beat out the QB in front of him in college. That was a glaring issue for me. I could see if he had a legit star front of him but he didn’t.

Maybe Trubisky would get better with kore playing time in college. I can’t knock him for leaving and being drafted so high but he could’ve come back if he wanted to develop more.

But a part of me feels like Mitch heard how high he could go and said “suckers” and jumped to the NFL.

Northern_Blitz
04-19-2022, 03:28 PM
I said before that these QBs all have their flaws and teams need to decide which flaws they can manage/correct.

Pickett = "Matt Ryan"
Howell = "Tyrod Taylor"
Strong = "Drew Lock"

Wow...you can tell that the website here dislikes almost everyone in the class. And probably went to Pitt.

In particular, it seems like Boykin is a stretch for Corral.

I had to google him. Started looking at profootball reference, but he doesn't show up there. Then his wikipedia page says he was a UDFA at the Seahawks. Must never have played to not have data at profootball ref. So this author really, really dislikes Corral.

Not saying that Corral is going to be a world beater, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that a guy that gets invited to the live draft event doesn't end up a UDFA. My guess is that the league has at least some kind of inside info when putting together the list of people to be at the draft live.

NorthCoast
04-19-2022, 03:56 PM
Wow...you can tell that the website here dislikes almost everyone in the class. And probably went to Pitt.

I had to google him. Started looking at profootball reference, but he doesn't show up there. Then his wikipedia page says he was a UDFA at the Seahawks. Must never have played to not have data at profootball ref. So this author really, really dislikes Corral.

Not saying that Corral is going to be a world beater, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that a guy that gets invited to the live draft event doesn't end up a UDFA. My guess is that the league has at least some kind of inside info when putting together the list of people to be at the draft live.my bad for misspelling Trevone Boykin. played at TCU and here are his stats;

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52016112923_1721120a8e.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2nfubaa)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2nfubaa) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52015036802_676f3a46c1_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2nfoEgm)Capture1 (https://flic.kr/p/2nfoEgm) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 04:09 PM

Not saying that Corral is going to be a world beater, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that a guy that gets invited to the live draft event doesn't end up a UDFA. My guess is that the league has at least some kind of inside info when putting together the list of people to be at the draft live.

I think folks are so anxious for next years class they are being heavy handed on this years crop of QB’s.

Northern_Blitz
04-19-2022, 04:16 PM
my bad for misspelling Trevone Boykin. played at TCU and here are his stats;

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52016112923_1721120a8e.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2nfubaa)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2nfubaa) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52015036802_676f3a46c1_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2nfoEgm)Capture1 (https://flic.kr/p/2nfoEgm) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

No problem.

And given how they have the other comps, I'm surprised that they don't have the comp for Pickett as "Matt Ryan with hands of a middle-schooler" or something. :)

flippy
04-19-2022, 04:19 PM
my issue with Trubisky is not being able to beat out the QB in front of him in college. That was a glaring issue for me. I could see if he had a legit star front of him but he didn’t.

Maybe Trubisky would get better with kore playing time in college. I can’t knock him for leaving and being drafted so high but he could’ve come back if he wanted to develop more.

But a part of me feels like Mitch heard how high he could go and said “suckers” and jumped to the NFL.

Probably true.

I was always suspect of a QB coming from UNC, but you never know. I do wonder if Mitch impacts what people end up thinking about Howell. He had a lot of hype. I think he's got about the same potential as Mitch. Howell is a better runner, not quite as athletic, maybe comparable arms. Odds are kinda against both of them, but it seems like Colbert likes Howell and I suspect he probably liked Mitch too because they feel similar to me.

I really hope we don't go Howell in the 1st and double down on similar QBs playing the odds that maybe one works out.

flippy
04-19-2022, 04:21 PM

Pickett = "Matt Ryan"
Howell = "Tyrod Taylor"
Strong = "Drew Lock"

I don't know what comparisons to believe.

I've heard Corral and Howell are the next Drew Brees. That makes them no brainers.

I've heard Willis is Steve McNair or Jalen Hurts a couple times.

Pretty much every one of these guys is compared to multiple pro bowlers/all pros and a couple duds/busts.

It's hard to make sense out of it all. And then add in the fact when you think there's a couple stud QBs (which none of these guys really are), some of them end up not working out anyway. The odds are really stacked against all of these guys succeeding.

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 05:01 PM
Probably true.

I was always suspect of a QB coming from UNC, but you never know. I do wonder if Mitch impacts what people end up thinking about Howell. He had a lot of hype. I think he's got about the same potential as Mitch. Howell is a better runner, not quite as athletic, maybe comparable arms. Odds are kinda against both of them, but it seems like Colbert likes Howell and I suspect he probably liked Mitch too because they feel similar to me.

I really hope we don't go Howell in the 1st and double down on similar QBs playing the odds that maybe one works out.

2 totally different QB’s. I think Howell reminds me of Baker Mayfield. Just need to see if his decision making is better in crunch time.

Mitch reminds me of every boring QB over 6’-4” I’m optimistic he can do enough if he is our starter but I’m also realistic. Would not be surprised if we draft a QB or Mason beat him out.

I think fans are a bit bias based on seeing Mason up close and not seeing Mitch last year at all.

NorthCoast
04-19-2022, 05:13 PM
Probably true.

And that's where I got a problem. If Howell is little better than Trubisky why would you draft him? Why not wait for something better in 2023??
Using precious draft capital for more of the same doesn't make sense.

feltdizz
04-20-2022, 08:23 AM
And that's where I got a problem. If Howell is little better than Trubisky why would you draft him? Why not wait for something better in 2023??
Using precious draft capital for more of the same doesn't make sense.

I don’t see any team drafting a QB they don’t think is better than what they already have unless its a really good QB who is about to retire.

Steel Maniac
04-20-2022, 08:34 AM

I've heard Corral and Howell are the next Drew Brees. That makes them no brainers.

Pretty much every one of these guys is compared to multiple pro bowlers/all pros and a couple duds/busts.

It's hard to make sense out of it all. And then add in the fact when you think there's a couple stud QBs (which none of these guys really are), some of them end up not working out anyway. The odds are really stacked against all of these guys succeeding.

Well, Colbert has done his homework on these guys. So by his actions , we’ll know soon exactly what he thinks of these guys.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-20-2022, 11:58 AM
Well, Colbert has done his homework on these guys. So by his actions , we’ll know soon exactly what he thinks of these guys.

I hope so. What I mean by that is that I hope KC isn't so clouded in judgment that he is desperate to leave his mark with *a* QB in this draft instead of *the* QB that this team needs.

Northern_Blitz
04-20-2022, 04:47 PM
I hope so. What I mean by that is that I hope KC isn't so clouded in judgment that he is desperate to leave his mark with *a* QB in this draft instead of *the* QB that this team needs.

This.........

Sugar
04-20-2022, 04:54 PM

This way, no fan will be able to say that the team didn't give these QB's a chance when the Steelers don't draft any of them.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-20-2022, 05:08 PM

I said it before and I will say it again. Mitch Trubisky was severely over-drafted by the Bears.
this right here is the trouble with grading him... I put Corral ahead of all of those guys... LOL

SteelerOfDeVille
04-20-2022, 05:21 PM

In Willis, I see Kordell Stewart... Not very accurate, but can be electric with the right person calling plays. Ridder also has some accuracy issues and i struggle there.

I see Howell as "what the browns HOPED they were getting with Baker" - just mentally tougher

In Corral, I'm feeling more gunslinger, given the opportunity. He's got some zip on that ball and supposedly is a crazy competitor... Most will call me crazy, but I'm feeling more Favre-ish

flippy
04-20-2022, 06:22 PM
In Willis, I see Kordell Stewart... Not very accurate, but can be electric with the right person calling plays. Ridder also has some accuracy issues and i struggle there.

I see Howell as "what the browns HOPED they were getting with Baker" - just mentally tougher

In Corral, I'm feeling more gunslinger, given the opportunity. He's got some zip on that ball and supposedly is a crazy competitor... Most will call me crazy, but I'm feeling more Favre-ish

I think I change my mind every time I watch some new highlights. Bottom line is we’re only getting a small glimpse of these guys broadly.

I think I’ve decided I like Corral’s quick release. I also could be sold on Howell having the most potential but he played at UNC and he needs some work on his release.

I have a real hard time finding a lot I like about Willis beyond his physical skills and personality.

I think Ridder needs some work but could also be the QB that has “it”.

And lately I’ve been selling myself on taking Jack Coan in the 7th who I’m starting to convince myself might still have some room to grow and could be the sneaky QB that ends up working out.

And now that everyone else is souring on Kenny P, I’m finding more things I like about him even though he used to frustrate me watching Pitt.

I dunno. It’s info overload.

NorthCoast
04-20-2022, 07:22 PM
this right here is the trouble with grading him... I put Corral ahead of all of those guys... LOLCorral is growing on me, but only in the 2nd rd. He's been nicked up in college though. Wish he was 20 lbs heavier and an inch or two taller.

NorthCoast
04-20-2022, 07:42 PM
I hope so. What I mean by that is that I hope KC isn't so clouded in judgment that he is desperate to leave his mark with *a* QB in this draft instead of *the* QB that this team needs.Hoping maybe Tomlin gets a bigger say on the pick this season and he keeps Colbert in check. But it could be just wishful thinking.

Joel Buchsbaum
04-21-2022, 06:05 PM
Hoping maybe Tomlin gets a bigger say on the pick this season and he keeps Colbert in check. But it could be just wishful thinking.

I do not . Colbert knows what he's doing, Tolmiln does not especially on offense.. Colbert is boarerline HOF GM. Its tough to make the HOF as a GM. Shouldn't be.