1) Chris Olave WR Ohio St
2) Jameson Williams WR Alabama
3) Devin Lloyd ILB Utah
4) Jordan Davis NT/DT Georgia
5) Malik Willis QB Liberty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZibyxeg9YM

Ernie
04-19-2022, 06:48 AM
Take Willis off of that list and add a Safety..

Shawn
04-19-2022, 08:33 AM
No to all 5. I don't want a WR in the first. I do like Davis but he is limited with snaps and versatility on the DL. Willis a project. We have Myles Jack so why grab a ILB in the first? I'll stick to Devonte Wyatt as my pick in the first.

Northern_Blitz
04-19-2022, 01:39 PM
No to all 5. I don't want a WR in the first. I do like Davis but he is limited with snaps and versatility on the DL. Willis a project. We have Myles Jack so why grab a ILB in the first? I'll stick to Devonte Wyatt as my pick in the first.

Maybe it's not the biggest issue right now, but we only have Jack and Buddy Johnson under contract in 2023.

I think we think about solving next season's problems in the draft once we get past the 1st.

It's certainly possible that neither Jack or Johnson work out this year. Missing on Bush really hurts. Hopefully he can get back into form this year.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-19-2022, 01:53 PM
Take Willis off of that list and add a Safety..
I'd take Willis off and add a CB... but, similar thinking.

Depending on Tuitt, I'd also be willing to put Wyatt there.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-19-2022, 02:05 PM
I agree with Wyatt, but i can see the reason for ILB (although it wouldn't make my own top 5).

Of the 2 starters, one is about to play his final season under contract (Bush) and the other has only one season beyond that (Jack's deal is 2 years). It'd be nice to have a guy in place to be the 3rd in rotation and transition (like Timmons did as a rook with Foote).

Now, having said that, I'd prefer a more traditional, hole plugging "buck", which you could grab on day 2, rather than a speed guy.

I guess technically, I'd have 2 replacements. I'd remove Lloyd and Willis and add Wyatt and Andrew Booth Jr. I'm really close with Hill over Booth, but Hill seems to be Minkah all over again.... more FS, not a SS...

Shawn
04-19-2022, 07:41 PM
I agree with Wyatt, but i can see the reason for ILB (although it wouldn't make my own top 5).

Of the 2 starters, one is about to play his final season under contract (Bush) and the other has only one season beyond that (Jack's deal is 2 years). It'd be nice to have a guy in place to be the 3rd in rotation and transition (like Timmons did as a rook with Foote).

Now, having said that, I'd prefer a more traditional, hole plugging "buck", which you could grab on day 2, rather than a speed guy.

I guess technically, I'd have 2 replacements. I'd remove Lloyd and Willis and add Wyatt and Andrew Booth Jr. I'm really close with Hill over Booth, but Hill seems to be Minkah all over again.... more FS, not a SS...

Unfortunately, while many here disagree with me 2 down NTs and Thumper ILBs are a dying breed. You need two ILBs who can not only cover but do at least some "thumping". I wouldn't cry if we grabbed an ILB and if its the BPA so be it.

SteelBucks
04-19-2022, 08:13 PM
What do you guys think?

1) Chris Olave WR Ohio St
2) Jameson Williams WR Alabama
3) Devin Lloyd ILB Utah
4) Jordan Davis NT/DT Georgia
5) Malik Willis QB Liberty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZibyxeg9YM

Finally someone agrees with my Olave pick.

Bawb the Revelator
04-19-2022, 08:51 PM

Doesn't Wyatt have off field problems? A big Steeler no no. Further, was Casey Hampton a 3-down NG? That's exactly why I'd even trade up for Jordan Davis. Hampton anchored the D IIRC :)

Shawn
04-19-2022, 11:18 PM
Doesn't Wyatt have off field problems? A big Steeler no no. Further, was Casey Hampton a 3-down NG? That's exactly why I'd even trade up for Jordan Davis. Hampton anchored the D IIRC :) Interesting. I didn't do research on character just talent. I watched film. He's a superb talent. But, I don't disagree this is a problem and may need to revamp my first pick. I can forgive one incident. People lose their heads. But, 3 family violence accusations? Someone will get an unreal talent on the cheap. But is it worth it? Thank you for bringing that to my attention. With that said, I think you are living in the past with Hampton. Davis has proven he isn't a 3 down player. In today's NFL versatility is the key. The ability to cover, thump, absorb a couple gaps, press the QB and stay on the field gives modern NFL offenses the ability to cover multiple schemes without being exposed. I like Davis. I think he is amazing talent. If he is there at 20 it would be hard to pass on him. But I don't think its wise.

Bawb the Revelator
04-19-2022, 11:41 PM
Interesting. I didn't do research on character just talent. I watched film. He's a superb talent. But, I don't disagree this is a problem and may need to revamp my first pick. I can forgive one incident. People lose their heads. But, 3 family violence accusations? Someone will get an unreal talent on the cheap. But is it worth it? Thank you for bringing that to my attention. With that said, I think you are living in the past with Hampton. Davis has proven he isn't a 3 down player. In today's NFL versatility is the key. The ability to cover, thump, absorb a couple gaps, press the QB and stay on the field gives modern NFL offenses the ability to cover multiple schemes without being exposed. I like Davis. I think he is amazing talent. If he is there at 20 it would be hard to pass on him. But I don't think its wise.

Points taken, and thanks for the lesson. FWIW at my age it's easier to live in the past today than it was at your age. :)

hawaiiansteel
04-20-2022, 03:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRQHd9zWnnQ

Iron City Inc.
04-21-2022, 07:14 PM

I like Davis however the pass rush questions are real. Perhaps the weight loss allows him to do more at the next level in the pass rush aspect.
So Shawn Williams is intriguing to me. He is explosive. I'm not so sure he would not be a solid pick if healthy. You're against it so just fill me in on why NO for this Bama wr. Tnx.

Steel Maniac
04-21-2022, 07:47 PM

I like Davis; a behemoth like him would occupy two guys (at least) allowing Jack and others to flow to the ball more easily.

hawaiiansteel
04-21-2022, 10:27 PM
I like Davis. I think he is amazing talent. If he is there at 20 it would be hard to pass on him. But I don't think its wise.

Tampa Bay is virtually impossible to run on because of Vita Vea.

I wouldn't mind having a guy like him clogging up the middle of our defense.

steeler_george
04-22-2022, 04:08 AM
My big board:
1) Wiilis
2) Hamilton
3) Davis
4) Penning
5) Ridder

Tempted to add a WR and ILB there but too much talent should be there in the 2nd round.
TJ Jones, Hill, Cine, Brisker is also flirting close to the top 5.