PDA

View Full Version : NFL investigation of Haskins.

Pages : [1] 2

Joel Buchsbaum
04-17-2022, 04:37 PM
First and foremost, RIP to Dewane Haskins, but there may be more to this story than meets the eye. Am I the only one worried about this? The facts are unknown to me, but a married man left is car. An unidentified woman was passed out in the car and he was walking on the highway and was hit & killed by not a car, but by a dump truck. I don't get it. If you cross the road, you rush to stay in the safe area of no traffic ASAP; you do not remain there. And by all means, you avoid a dump truck.

Is this a mental health issue? A suicide? Did he run from a problem? Was the women " legal " or part of a group with other players? What does the toxicology report say? Was the car the woman passed out the car registered to a Steeler? What do his teammates in South Florida say about the tragedy?

The NFL and police have good investigators. My worry is what is the unidentifed woman speaks up and it turns out she was for immoral purposes. ( ie drugs or worse ).

Chucktownsteeler
04-17-2022, 05:15 PM
I don’t feel this is any of the NFL’s business.

RIP, Dwayne.

Captain Lemming
04-17-2022, 05:48 PM
First and foremost, RIP to Dewane Haskins, but...

Perhaps it would be best to stop at that?

I see no value in speculating in negative "possibilities" prematurely.

hawaiiansteel
04-17-2022, 06:03 PM
I don’t feel this is any of the NFL’s business.

RIP, Dwayne.

or any of our business, for that matter.

RIP, Dwayne.

SteelBucks
04-17-2022, 08:37 PM
None of your business, none of my business, none of our business.

The only people that deserve answers is the Haskins family. That’s it.

This has been a difficult week.

Sword
04-18-2022, 05:27 AM
Makes since..He left a gathering of several NFL players.

NorthCoast
04-18-2022, 07:25 AM
None of your business, none of my business, none of our business.

The only people that deserve answers is the Haskins family. That’s it.

This has been a difficult week.You can't live in the public eye and expect people not to ask questions. It comes with the territory of being a pro athlete, entertainer, politician, etc. You might think it's insensitive, and it is. But it is an occupational hazard. It is unfortunate that it's the loved ones that have to live with the media during these times.

Eich
04-18-2022, 08:26 AM
Public eye or no public eye, I would think that some kind of investigation would be on-going. Not by the NFL but by the authorities. Very sad, tragic thing to have happened. But it's a strange set of circumstances.

whisper
04-18-2022, 09:30 AM
or any of our business, for that matter.

RIP, Dwayne.

Actually, if tax money was used (and it was, being it involved the police) it technically is "our business." That is why all things cops are supposed to be public knowledge, even though if you have a gob of money, suddenly items are not public knowledge (like the "massage tapes" involving Bob Kraft).

That way, it helps keep corruption down, but it certainly does not eliminate it. If tax money is used to investigate something, the results are supposed to be public knowledge. As far as a toxicology report, who knows if one will even be administered.

feltdizz
04-18-2022, 09:46 AM
You can't live in the public eye and expect people not to ask questions. It comes with the territory of being a pro athlete, entertainer, politician, etc. You might think it's insensitive, and it is. But it is an occupational hazard. It is unfortunate that it's the loved ones that have to live with the media during these times.

people can ask question’s but doesn’t mean they will get answers.

for me, I’m not a fan of trying to gather information to use it as a weapon against the deceased.

but I think once the dust settles and time passes we will find out what happened or more of what happened.

flippy
04-18-2022, 10:06 AM
people can ask question’s but doesn’t mean they will get answers.

for me, I’m not a fan of trying to gather information to use it as a weapon against the deceased.

but I think once the dust settles and time passes we will find out what happened or more of what happened.

It's kinda weird that we care.

I think we care cause the media owns our minds and they have a vested interest in us caring which drives clicks/impressions/advertising.

The media has driven each of us into our own algorithm and has influenced this gotcha/conspiracy culture that's so over the top on so many levels, the only way for people to stand out is to be a little extra beyond the others. And ultimately searches for DH drive spending and it's all about the money.

What's weird is that we can but don't get paid to.

feltdizz
04-18-2022, 10:25 AM
It's kinda weird that we care.

I think we care cause the media owns our minds and they have a vested interest in us caring which drives clicks/impressions/advertising.

The media has driven each of us into our own algorithm and has influenced this gotcha/conspiracy culture that's so over the top on so many levels, the only way for people to stand out is to be a little extra beyond the others. And ultimately searches for DH drive spending and it's all about the money.

What's weird is that we can but don't get paid to.

I think most care as Steeler fans or Buckeye fans..

but those who already showed their intentions are negative can’t fool us with just wanting to know because its our right at citizens.

whisper
04-18-2022, 11:34 AM
I think most care as Steeler fans or Buckeye fans..

but those who already showed their intentions are negative can’t fool us with just wanting to know because its our right at citizens.

Oh, I see, you want the laws to be variable and be altered for differing circumstances? Yea, that ought to work out really well. I guess you are OK with Bob Kraft waving his $ around so the public never sees the video of him getting a "massage."

feltdizz
04-18-2022, 12:14 PM
Oh, I see, you want the laws to be variable and be altered for differing circumstances? Yea, that ought to work out really well. I guess you are OK with Bob Kraft waving his $ around so the public never sees the video of him getting a "massage."

Personally, I don’t want to see a video of Kraft getting a massage.

I’m not saying public information should be suppressed. Not sure how you came to the conclusion based in my post.

WindyCitySteel
04-18-2022, 05:25 PM
Has this rumor of a passed out woman in the car been corroborated? I've only seen it tweeted with no links or sources.

Captain Lemming
04-19-2022, 12:34 AM

2 points

1. Big difference between what we KNOW Kraft did, and ugly "speculation" and rumor before we even know whether it is even true.

2. I really don't care that the Kraft video is not publicly available. I'm with Dizz on this I DONT want to see any man get that kind of "massage". But I don't judge your right to differ on that.

Captain Lemming
04-19-2022, 12:36 AM
Has this rumor of a passed out woman in the car been corroborated? I've only seen it tweeted with no links or sources.

To my stated point...

feltdizz
04-19-2022, 06:30 AM
2 points

1. Big difference between what we KNOW Kraft did, and ugly "speculation" and rumor before we even know whether it is even true.

2. I really don't care that the Kraft video is not publicly available. I'm with Dizz on this I DONT want to see any man get that kind of "massage". But I don't judge your right to differ on that.

the crime depends on how hard he was tugged and some people need to see it.. lol

NorthCoast
04-20-2022, 02:55 PM
DWAYNE HASKINS
STRUCK BY TWO VEHICLES IN FATAL CRASH
... Investigators Say
EXCLUSIVE
4/20/2022 10:51 AM PT

Getty Composite
Dwayne Haskins' body was hit by two vehicles in the accident that took his life earlier this month ... a crash report, obtained by TMZ Sports, reveals.

In the Florida Highway Patrol documents, investigators say after Haskins was struck by a dump truck in the middle of a Broward County highway in the early morning hours of April 9 -- a Subaru Outback also "partially" hit Haskins' body.

Officials released a diagram of the crash -- showing what they believe were the two points in which the vehicles struck the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback (labeled as NM01 in the image).

https://imagez.tmz.com/image/79/o/2022/04/20/792911dc91b54e579471f743e3ea9001.jpg
In the docs, investigators say a witness told them a third vehicle may have been involved as well.

Officials say Haskins succumbed to his injuries on the scene and was pronounced dead just minutes after being struck.

Investigators say both drivers came to a stop shortly after hitting the football player. They also noted in the docs neither driver was tested for alcohol nor drugs.

Officials in the documents did not reveal why they believed Haskins was walking along the busy highway before being hit -- a final Traffic Homicide Investigation is still pending.

As we reported, Kalabrya Haskins said in a 911 call that Dwayne had said he was on foot in search of gas after his car had stranded him. She said in the frantic call, "I just want somebody to go in the area and see if his car is there and if he's OK and if anything happened to him."

Dwayne was just 24 years old.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/20/dwayne-haskins-struck-by-two-vehicles-in-fatal-crash-investigators-say/

Prowler
04-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Any man who drives around with a passed out drunk woman which isn't his wife, runs out of gas on a busy highway, and decides to walk across the busy highway in the dark to find gas isn't very smart! To make matters worse, he calls his wife from his cellphone with the inebriated woman in the passenger seat instead of phoning AAA to save him from his own stupid decisions. Good lord, I'm glad he's not our QB. No offense but our organization can do far better in the future. Of course this is assuming that all of the information is accurate.

feltdizz
04-20-2022, 03:35 PM
https://image.shutterstock.com/image-vector/troll-face-smile-using-computer-260nw-627432200.jpg

Prowler
04-20-2022, 03:41 PM
Just like that the woke liar shows up! Did I hurt your sensitive little ears again?

flippy
04-20-2022, 04:12 PM
DWAYNE HASKINS
STRUCK BY TWO VEHICLES IN FATAL CRASH
... Investigators Say
EXCLUSIVE
4/20/2022 10:51 AM PT

Getty Composite
Dwayne Haskins' body was hit by two vehicles in the accident that took his life earlier this month ... a crash report, obtained by TMZ Sports, reveals.

In the Florida Highway Patrol documents, investigators say after Haskins was struck by a dump truck in the middle of a Broward County highway in the early morning hours of April 9 -- a Subaru Outback also "partially" hit Haskins' body.

Officials released a diagram of the crash -- showing what they believe were the two points in which the vehicles struck the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback (labeled as NM01 in the image).

https://imagez.tmz.com/image/79/o/2022/04/20/792911dc91b54e579471f743e3ea9001.jpg
In the docs, investigators say a witness told them a third vehicle may have been involved as well.

Officials say Haskins succumbed to his injuries on the scene and was pronounced dead just minutes after being struck.

Investigators say both drivers came to a stop shortly after hitting the football player. They also noted in the docs neither driver was tested for alcohol nor drugs.

Officials in the documents did not reveal why they believed Haskins was walking along the busy highway before being hit -- a final Traffic Homicide Investigation is still pending.

As we reported, Kalabrya Haskins said in a 911 call that Dwayne had said he was on foot in search of gas after his car had stranded him. She said in the frantic call, "I just want somebody to go in the area and see if his car is there and if he's OK and if anything happened to him."

Dwayne was just 24 years old.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/20/dwayne-haskins-struck-by-two-vehicles-in-fatal-crash-investigators-say/

Just thinking about getting hit 3 times makes me feel icky. I felt better thinking he got hit by a dump truck and that would have made a quick and immediate impact, but this story makes it sound like there were 3 vehicles and he struggled for a couple minutes. Ugh.

WindyCitySteel
04-20-2022, 04:57 PM
Any man who drives around with a passed out drunk woman which isn't his wife, runs out of gas on a busy highway, and decides to walk across the busy highway in the dark to find gas isn't very smart! To make matters worse, he calls his wife from his cellphone with the inebriated woman in the passenger seat instead of phoning AAA to save him from his own stupid decisions. Good lord, I'm glad he's not our QB. No offense but our organization can do far better in the future. Of course this is assuming that all of the information is accurate.

Is there any corroboration of the "passed out woman" story, which was spread in a single tweet as far as I know?

Aside: I feel like you come here to vent the things you wouldn't dream of saying to anyone in person. Just a hunch.

Prowler
04-20-2022, 05:14 PM
Is there any corroboration of the "passed out woman" story, which was spread in a single tweet as far as I know?

Aside: I feel like you come here to vent the things you wouldn't dream of saying to anyone in person. Just a hunch.

Your hunch is 100% false. I'm not afraid to bring up controversial issues. When I was a candidate for city council back in 2018, my campaign slogan was Liberalism - Find The Cure. I'm proud of myself for being the only candidate to oppose the idiotic woke policies of today's lunatic politicians.

"BuzzNuter"
04-20-2022, 05:35 PM
Your hunch is 100% false. I'm not afraid to bring up controversial issues. When I was a candidate for city council back in 2018, my campaign slogan was Liberalism - Find The Cure. I'm proud of myself for being the only candidate to oppose the idiotic woke policies of today's lunatic politicians.

Homey, lighten up, we're just on here to talk about the Steelers and generate hope for the next season. Politics doesn't mix on the board. Too many political passions, just stoke the common passion of the Steelers.
That is unless you are here to stoke any fire then remember what Mark Twain said about arguing with a fool.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-20-2022, 05:35 PM

Sad that people live their lives like that.

So even if there WAS a woman and she was butt nekked, what's the headline? Pro athlete cheats on wife? Wow, there's a new and really intriguing story.

What's sad is that he DID run out of gas and was simply trying to go get some. Woah, there's another headline that no one's ever seen before. "Man runs out of gas, walks to gas station".

How do we get to "woke" from there?

I honestly feel sorry for people like Prowler... it must be really miserable to always look for the negative in everything to make yourself feel better

Joel Buchsbaum
04-20-2022, 06:16 PM

So even if there WAS a woman and she was butt nekked, what's the headline? Pro athlete cheats on wife? Wow, there's a new and really intriguing story.

What's sad is that he DID run out of gas and was simply trying to go get some. Woah, there's another headline that no one's ever seen before. "Man runs out of gas, walks to gas station".

I honestly feel sorry for people like Prowler... it must be really miserable to always look for the negative in everything to make yourself feel better

Since the question was brought up, and I think the board is mature enough to handle it; I'll ring into the question and reply.

What if the woman brought drugs to the party, a prostitute, and was part of a group of women at Trubisiky's grouping or Haskinks grouping, which included other players? She wasn't tested for drugs, according to " news " reports " despite this being a police investigation, even though she was passed out in the car Haskins was driving. Haskins phone wasn't there / taken for examination ( according to the news reports ) , which wherever it was could open up further legal jeopardy for the Steelers, forcing Roger Goodell to act.

Prowler
04-20-2022, 06:37 PM

The title of the thread is, "The Investigation of Haskins". Not sure why you're taking out your anger on me when it was Joel who started the thread. I simply responded and stated my views on the topic. Isn't that what this Steelers forum is all about, talking about all things Steelers related?

Unless of course, you hate my views and want me censored because the facts I'm stating hurt your feelings and narrative. Not that your skin color matters, but I'm reasonably sure you are black. Its' the only thing I can think of for your open hostility against my free expression of thoughts on Haskins. I have a feeling if it was Rudolph dying in the same way and circumstances as that of Haskins, your tune would be very different. I can imagine it would have been an open season of negativity on Mason. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not, but the truth is always important.

Let me ask you this. Do you think it was smart of Haskins to run out of gas on a busy highway and walk across the busy highway in the dark in search of gas, when he simply could of used his cellphone to call AAA and get out of a dangerous situation? OR does the truth not matter to you?

Prowler
04-20-2022, 06:40 PM
Since the question was brought up, and I think the board is mature enough to handle it; I'll ring into the question and reply.

What if the woman brought drugs to the party, a prostitute, and was part of a group of women at Trubisiky's grouping or Haskinks grouping, which included other players? She wasn't tested for drugs, according to " news " reports " despite this being a police investigation, even though she was passed out in the car Haskins was driving. Haskins phone wasn't there / taken for examination ( according to the news reports ) , which wherever it was could open up further legal jeopardy for the Steelers, forcing Roger Goodell to act.

Finally, someone who gets it! Thank you for seeing why the truth matters.

Flasteel
04-20-2022, 11:23 PM
Finally, someone who gets it! Thank you for seeing why the truth matters.

There is something seriously wrong with the both of you. Having to rely on some ridiculous convoluted narrative to justify your interest or a$$hole commentary in this matter is offensive to me as a human. Based on some of the other comments I've read from you lately, I'm going to guess you and the truth are not well acquainted in the first place.

WindyCitySteel
04-21-2022, 07:38 AM

What if this mythical woman was trying to drive home drunk, and a sober Haskins intervened and stopped her and ended up losing his life because she forgot to get gas?

Not everything has to be the worst possible scenario.

Prowler
04-21-2022, 09:15 AM
There is something seriously wrong with the both of you. Having to rely on some ridiculous convoluted narrative to justify your interest or a$$hole commentary in this matter is offensive to me as a human. Based on some of the other comments I've read from you lately, I'm going to guess you and the truth are not well acquainted in the first place.

I don't need a ridiculous narrative to comment on a Steelers forum. This place is all about Steelers talk. Perhaps you can go to the Jaguar's forum and post in the Disney Don't Say Ga* Sub Forum. In this way, you'll have a safe space from my a$$hole commentary and truth telling, which is hurting your woke feelings apparently.

If my comments about Dwayne Haskin's bad decision making is offensive to you, I won't apologize as the problem clearly lies with your hatred of free speech, and expression that you don't agree with.

Joel Buchsbaum
04-21-2022, 10:11 AM

You have me wrong. I mourn for Hopkins and his family. Unfortortuenly I am all too familiar with losing someone special to a car accident, a when I was on a sidewalk and flash, it happened. A select few people know about it here, and I don't want to relive that unfortunate happening here.

My concern for this thread is about the Steelers' future repercussions regarding who this woman is, as it's unusual for a woman to be passed out in a car. Was she doing illegal drugs? Was she part of a group of party girls associated for hire mixing in with the Steelers ( they are down here, I live in S. Florida ) and are too much to handle for some married man\ due to looks and drugs? Will Roger Goodell look the other way if other players were involved due to the circumstances?

flippy
04-21-2022, 10:16 AM
I don't need a ridiculous narrative to comment on a Steelers forum. This place is all about Steelers talk. Perhaps you can go to the Jaguar's forum and post in the Disney Don't Say Ga* Sub Forum. In this way, you'll have a safe space from my a$$hole commentary and truth telling, which is hurting your woke feelings apparently.

If my comments about Dwayne Haskin's bad decision making is offensive to you, I won't apologize as the problem clearly lies with your hatred of free speech, and expression that you don't agree with.

I'm not 100% sure how rumors/gossip translate into truth telling and wokeness?

But have at it. Everyone's entitled to feel how they feel and discuss whatever they like imho.

I hope everyone is doing well. Frustration, fear, and ego lead to anger which isn't healthy for anyone and I suspect many just like the simplicity of the Steelers being an escape and fun break.

It's always better to lift another up than to let him drag you down :)

Prowler
04-21-2022, 10:41 AM
I'm not 100% sure how rumors/gossip translate into truth telling and wokeness?

But have at it. Everyone's entitled to feel how they feel and discuss whatever they like imho.

I hope everyone is doing well. Frustration, fear, and ego lead to anger which isn't healthy for anyone and I suspect many just like the simplicity of the Steelers being an escape and fun break.

It's always better to lift another up than to let him drag you down :)

FlaSteel admitted above that he is woke, just pay attention to his comments about how he finds my comments offensive as a human. This same thing can be said for all the other posters who cried because they didn't like my criticism of a player who was cut by Washington for being immature. We shouldn't be surprised that this led to his demise in Florida.

WindyCitySteel
04-21-2022, 11:14 AM
FlaSteel admitted above that he is woke, just pay attention to his comments about how he finds my comments offensive as a human. This same thing can be said for all the other posters who cried because they didn't like my criticism of a player who was cut by Washington for being immature. We shouldn't be surprised that this led to his demise in Florida.

What led to his demise in Florida? Are you privy to facts that haven't been released yet?

Prowler
04-21-2022, 11:42 AM
What led to his demise in Florida? Are you privy to facts that haven't been released yet?

Idiotic decision making, unless you think Haskins should be in Mensa because he ran out of gas, called his wife instead of getting help in a dangerous situation, and decided to cross a busy highway in the dark?

WindyCitySteel
04-21-2022, 11:51 AM
Idiotic decision making, unless you think Haskins should be in Mensa because he ran out of gas, called his wife instead of getting help in a dangerous situation, and decided to cross a busy highway in the dark?

The crossing the highway bit is insane, agreed. League isn't full of geniuses, but man, how do you even attempt that.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-21-2022, 11:58 AM
The title of the thread is, "The Investigation of Haskins". Not sure why you're taking out your anger on me when it was Joel who started the thread. I simply responded and stated my views on the topic. Isn't that what this Steelers forum is all about, talking about all things Steelers related?

Unless of course, you hate my views and want me censored because the facts I'm stating hurt your feelings and narrative. Not that your skin color matters, but I'm reasonably sure you are black. Its' the only thing I can think of for your open hostility against my free expression of thoughts on Haskins. I have a feeling if it was Rudolph dying in the same way and circumstances as that of Haskins, your tune would be very different. I can imagine it would have been an open season of negativity on Mason. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not, but the truth is always important.

Let me ask you this. Do you think it was smart of Haskins to have an inebriated woman in his car who wasn't his wife, to run out of gas on a busy highway and walk across the busy highway in the dark in search of gas, when he simply could of used his cellphone to call AAA and get out of a dangerous situation? OR does the truth not matter to you?
Really, there was no anger toward you. I feel sorry for you. There's a HUGE difference. And race is of no relevance, but apparently it is to you.

A young man lost his life, trying to get gas after his car ran out of gas. That's unfortunate. Not everyone has AAA - I had it for years and cancelled it because I never used it.

To have gotten into hypotheticals about what he must have been doing wrong before he was even in the ground is pretty insensitive - regardless of race...

Prowler
04-21-2022, 12:55 PM
Really, there was no anger toward you. I feel sorry for you. There's a HUGE difference. And race is of no relevance, but apparently it is to you.

A young man lost his life, trying to get gas after his car ran out of gas. That's unfortunate. Not everyone has AAA - I had it for years and cancelled it because I never used it.

To have gotten into hypotheticals about what he must have been doing wrong before he was even in the ground is pretty insensitive - regardless of race...

You don't need to feel sorry for me. I'm not the one who is a phony virtue signaler that had his woke feelings hurt.

I find it interesting that you never complained about Joel for starting the thread. Yet here you are giving me a hassle because I expressed my thoughts on a subject that was off limits in you view. Kind of like how the woke react when any bit of criticism is directed towards BLM, LGTBQ or any other special interest group on the left. You and I both know that you're trying to protect your preferred narrative. I see through the deception DeVille!

There is no hypothetical that I'm offering only the truth. The truth being Haskins drove on a busy highway with an empty tank. Instead of calling for help, he crossed the busy highway in the dark with the mobility of Ben Roethlisberger on a good day. That my friends is NOT INSENSITIVE, it's a fact. Haskins should have learned to be a responsible adult.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-21-2022, 01:18 PM
You don't need to feel sorry for me. I'm not the one who is a phony virtue signaler that had his woke feelings hurt.

I find it interesting that you never complained about Joel for starting the thread. Yet here you are giving me a hassle because I expressed my thoughts on a subject that was off limits in you view. Kind of like how the woke react when any bit of criticism is directed towards BLM, LGTBQ or any other special interest group on the left. You and I both know that you're trying to protect your preferred narrative. I see through the deception DeVille!

There is no hypothetical that I'm offering only the truth. The truth being Haskins drove on a busy highway with an empty tank. Instead of calling for help, he crossed the busy highway in the dark with the mobility of Ben Roethlisberger on a good day. That my friends is NOT INSENSITIVE, it's a fact. Haskins should have learned to be a responsible adult.
That's rich. Here we are, discussing the narrative YOU are constructing. While I say, let the man rest. And somehow I'm protecting *my* narrative.

With each response, I feel more sorry for you. It appears you're also delusional... Seek help.

Prowler
04-21-2022, 01:56 PM
That's rich. Here we are, discussing the narrative YOU are constructing. While I say, let the man rest. And somehow I'm protecting *my* narrative.

With each response, I feel more sorry for you. It appears you're also delusional... Seek help.

You're the one who is constructing the narrative and NOT me. You keep bringing up the hypotheticals and trying to associate them with the facts I've stated.

Talking about delusions, you can't even bring yourself to put any blame on Haskins for his untimely death. After all, it was he was driving a vehicle with an empty tank onto a busy highway, trying to cross it in the dark on foot. Didn't even have the presence of mind or the commons sense to call for help either. It's sad that you're so invested in the narrative, and the legacy of Haskins, you can't bring yourself to admit that his demise was his own fault! That is pathetic, where is your Colin Kaepernick doll?

SteelerOfDeVille
04-21-2022, 02:55 PM
You're the one who is constructing the narrative and NOT me. You keep bringing up the hypotheticals and trying to associate them with the facts I've stated.

Talking about delusions, you can't even bring yourself to put any blame on Haskins for his untimely death. After all, it was he who was the idiot driving a vehicle with an empty tank onto a busy highway, trying to cross it in the dark on foot. Didn't even have the presence of mind or the commons sense to call for help either. It's sad that you're so invested in the narrative, and the legacy of Haskins, you can't bring yourself to admit that his demise was his own fault! That is pathetic, where is your Colin Kaepernick doll?
Perhaps you're mixing me up with someone else. I've not brought up a hypothetical. I've only said it's sad that the young man died and perhaps we should wait a bit before ANY narratives, good or bad... Now you can't read either?

I suppose the Kaep doll is some sort of inside racial joke that tickled you?

Did you keep the pen you stole from the desk during the capital riots?

flippy
04-21-2022, 02:59 PM
Isn't calling out virtue signaling actually a form of virtue signaling?

Well played :)

Prowler
04-21-2022, 03:24 PM
Perhaps you're mixing me up with someone else. I've not brought up a hypothetical. I've only said it's sad that the young man died and perhaps we should wait a bit before ANY narratives, good or bad... Now you can't read either?

I suppose the Kaep doll is some sort of inside racial joke that tickled you?

Did you keep the pen you stole from the desk during the capital riots?

In post #40 you literally stated, "To have gotten into hypotheticals about what he must have been doing wrong before he was even in the ground is pretty insensitive - regardless of race...". Not sure how you can claim that you haven't tried to associate the hypotheticals with the facts I've stated about Haskins. You're being severely dishonest imo.

If you're being super sensitive about a Kaep doll joke, you must really believe the nonsense that you're oppressed, and that these rich football players are too. Now that is really funny!

I'm not sure what you saw on January 6th was really a riot or not. I seem to recall video of the police unlocking the doors and gates for the protesters and letting them in. It's not as though is was a BLM rally where you had buildings on fire or was that a hypothetical situation to you and NOT a fact?

SteelerOfDeVille
04-21-2022, 03:45 PM
In post #40 you literally stated, "To have gotten into hypotheticals about what he must have been doing wrong before he was even in the ground is pretty insensitive - regardless of race...". Not sure how you can claim that you haven't tried to associate the hypotheticals with the facts I've stated about Haskins. You're being severely dishonest imo.
you just proved yourself wrong. i CLEARLY say there TO NOT get into hypotheticals and to have done so is insensitive. Reading is fundamental.

If you're being super sensitive about a Kaep doll joke, you must really believe the nonsense that you're oppressed, and that these rich football players are too. Now that is really funny!

I'm not sure what you saw on January 6th was really a riot or not. I seem to recall video of the police unlocking the doors and gates for the protesters and letting them in. It's not as though is was a BLM rally where you had buildings on fire or was that a hypothetical situation to you and NOT a fact?
There, we brought it out....

To ASSUME how i felt, but then get sensitive, yourself. I was raised, a guy takes a swing at you, you take one back, regardless of whether it hurt or not. Don't get your feelings hurt because i punch harder. BWAHAHAHA

Prowler
04-21-2022, 04:00 PM
you just proved yourself wrong. i CLEARLY say there TO NOT get into hypotheticals and to have done so is insensitive. Reading is fundamental.

There, we brought it out....

To ASSUME how i felt, but then get sensitive, yourself. I was raised, a guy takes a swing at you, you take one back, regardless of whether it hurt or not. Don't get your feelings hurt because i punch harder. BWAHAHAHA

You said in post #40, "to have GOTTEN into hypotheticals", and not, "to not get into hypotheticals", which you stated above. There is a big difference between those two statements. Context matters and so does the truth that you keep changing and avoiding because in this case, it's hurting your woke viewpoint. Reading comprehension matters!

SteelerOfDeVille
04-21-2022, 04:16 PM
You said in post #40, "to have GOTTEN into hypotheticals", and not, "to not get into hypothetical", which you stated above. There is a big difference between those two statements. Context matters and so does the truth that you keep changing and avoiding because in this case, it's hurting your woke viewpoint. Reading comprehension matters!
That post said that for YOU to have GOTTEN into hypotheticals is insensitive... i.e., I suggested that you NOT get into hypotheticals.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmnzzQWPF1MTGkSLPj8-kJqBzVbDXnEDfH7Q&usqp=CAU

At least I now understand why you don't quite understand what's a "fact" versus your narrative...

Prowler
04-21-2022, 04:38 PM
That post said that for YOU to have GOTTEN into hypotheticals is insensitive... i.e., I suggested that you NOT get into hypotheticals.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmnzzQWPF1MTGkSLPj8-kJqBzVbDXnEDfH7Q&usqp=CAU

At least I now understand why you don't quite understand what's a "fact" versus your narrative...

That is not what you stated. You said that, "To have gotten into hypotheticals about what he must have been doing wrong before he was even in the ground is pretty insensitive". No, you were trying to associate and join the factual statements I made with hypotheticals, which simply isn't true!

I never gotten into hypotheticals but one time which I had a disclaimer stating that assuming it was true....... All of my other comments were factual and I didn't need a hypothetical to show how dumb Haskins was when he died, which is the fact that you find offensive and that you won't acknowledge because of your precious narrative. That is on your own woke self.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-21-2022, 04:57 PM
I never gotten into hypotheticals but one time which I had a disclaimer stating that assuming it was true.......
Doesn't that mean your entire premise is based on hypothetical?

FYI, when you say NEVER.. then, follow that with EXCEPT? You realize that means NOT "never", right? Cuz ya did, at least once. That you're calling attention to.

Flasteel
04-21-2022, 05:59 PM
My bad Joel. Your post got used by Prowler and I jumped on you unnecessarily. My apologies.

Flasteel
04-21-2022, 06:08 PM

Woke? Because I find you and your comments offensive? First of all, I'm a conservative independent. I'm an ex-United States Army sergeant and high school football coach to top it off. I'm a little far from "woke". I can also promise you with certainty you'd be showing more respect if this was a face-to-face conversation, so I invite you to check yourself.

You can spout all the off-the-mark politically partisan pejoratives you want Prowler. Thank you for continuing to remind everyone in this small sliver of the world just how disillusioned, ignorant, and hateful the far right in this world has become. Even in Canada.

Djfan
04-21-2022, 06:33 PM
This thread went to poop quickly

flippy
04-21-2022, 06:46 PM
This thread went to poop quickly

Johnny Depp’s ex allegedly pooped the bed so everything seems to be going to poop these days.

Plus I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. :)

Prowler
04-21-2022, 06:50 PM
Doesn't that mean your entire premise is based on hypothetical?

FYI, when you say NEVER.. then, follow that with EXCEPT? You realize that means NOT "never", right? Cuz ya did, at least once. That you're calling attention to.

Nope. it doesn't mean that my premise was hypothetical. Context matters and so do the facts. For the record, I'll post my comments in question in the next paragraph.

I stated, "Any man who drives around with a passed out drunk woman which isn't his wife, runs out of gas on a busy highway, and decides to walk across the busy highway in the dark to find gas isn't very smart! To make matters worse, he calls his wife from his cellphone with the inebriated woman in the passenger seat instead of phoning AAA to save him from his own stupid decisions. Good lord, I'm glad he's not our QB. No offense but our organization can do far better in the future. Of course this is assuming that all of the information is accurate".

Notice in the last sentence I said, "assuming the information is accurate". Meaning that I'm not saying the information about the woman is true. I didn't need to say it, anyone can figure out he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed driving around on a busy highway with an empty tank, and than trying to cross it in the dark with the mobility of Ben Roethlisberger on a good day.

Unfortunately, your woke self is hurt by facts. Your problem not mine!

Prowler
04-21-2022, 07:27 PM
Woke? Because I find you and your comments offensive? First of all, I'm a conservative independent. I'm an ex-United States Army sergeant and high school football coach to top it off. I'm a little far from "woke". I can also promise you with certainty you'd be showing more respect if this was a face-to-face conversation, so I invite you to check yourself.

You can spout all the off-the-mark politically partisan pejoratives you want Prowler. Thank you for continuing to remind everyone in this small sliver of the world just how disillusioned, ignorant, and hateful the far right in this world has become. Even in Canada.

If you want respect than earn it. It works both ways. I don't care that you decided to be a warmonger in the army for the industrial complex. Is that suppose to scare me?

You were very disrespectful with your original comments directed at me in this thread. You wrote, "There is something seriously wrong with the both of you. Having to rely on some ridiculous convoluted narrative to justify your interest or a$$hole commentary in this matter is offensive to me as a human. Based on some of the other comments I've read from you lately, I'm going to guess you and the truth are not well acquainted in the first place".

You implied there is something wrong with me, that I'm ridiculous, an a$$hole and that I'm dishonest, before I even said a word to you. If you thought that I was going to be submissive and not respond to your negative comments about me, you were 100% wrong. I won't take your sh**.

You probably don't even know that you're woke, otherwise you wouldn't have stated that you're offended by my comments that had nothing to do with you.

Good lord, so now I'm an ignorant and a hateful far righter because I criticized the Messiah Haskins for his stupidity? Give your head a shake and try listening to people in a respectful way. That goes for all of you.

Prowler
04-21-2022, 08:01 PM
My bad Joel. Your post got used by Prowler and I jumped on you unnecessarily. My apologies.

It was Joel that brought up the hypothetical story about the inebriated woman and not me! It's right there in post #1. He's absolved from posting that story about the woman but I'm not because I criticized Haskins for putting himself in a dangerous situation? No offense, but your logic is not logical.

By the way Joel, sorry about bringing up your name but I can't let that slide.

Flasteel
04-21-2022, 09:39 PM
If you want respect than earn it. It works both ways. I don't care that you decided to be a warmonger in the army for the industrial complex. Is that suppose to scare me?

You were very disrespectful with your original comments directed at me in this thread. You wrote, "There is something seriously wrong with the both of you. Having to rely on some ridiculous convoluted narrative to justify your interest or a$$hole commentary in this matter is offensive to me as a human. Based on some of the other comments I've read from you lately, I'm going to guess you and the truth are not well acquainted in the first place".

You implied there is something wrong with me, that I'm ridiculous, an a$$hole and that I'm dishonest, before I even said a word to you. If you thought that I was going to be submissive and not respond to your negative comments about me, you were 100% wrong. I won't take your sh**.

You probably don't even know that you're woke, otherwise you wouldn't have stated that you're offended by my comments that had nothing to do with you.

Good lord, so now I'm an ignorant and a hateful far righter because I criticized the Messiah Haskins for his stupidity? Give your head a shake and try listening to people in a respectful way. That goes for all of you.

It's a matter of common decency. I'm sorry you don't get that. There was obviously zero attempt to intimidate you, it was more to let you know that I'm no tree-hugging leftie...or whatever your mental picture of a "woke" person might be. If you think someone is deserving of that tired label based on the fact they can be offended by a complete lack of decency and humanity, then you've likely got issues with quite a few folks.

You are right that I threw a flamethrower at your post right off the bat without provocation. I get triggered by certain words and viewpoints and certainly could have expressed myself in a more respectful manner. I will strive to be better.

WindyCitySteel
04-22-2022, 11:58 AM
Haskins' service is today, maybe Prowler can show up and tell all of those soft, woke, crying liberals that they're wasting their tears.

To their face.

Prowler
04-22-2022, 12:22 PM
Haskins' service is today, maybe Prowler can show up and tell all of those soft, woke, crying liberals that they're wasting their tears.

To their face.

You're a phony virtue signaler. It's funny as hell that you pretend you're so crushed by his death. You'd almost think that Haskins was the starting QB for the last 15 years. If it was Mason Rudolph passing away the vitriol from you phonies would be astronomical. After all, that is all I've heard from any of you so called fans in the last few seasons about Mason. Just go look through the comments about him, I'm not wrong.

Do you think his wife is going to shed crocodile tears? She's as phony as you are. Here is a woman according to news reports who assaulted Haskins and knocked out his teeth. Yeah that sounds like the perfect wife so loving and adoring of her husband.

Hell, she's so popular with Dwayne's parents that they are skipping the funeral to avoid meeting her. 100% a fact!

WindyCitySteel
04-22-2022, 12:26 PM
You're a phony virtue signaler. It's funny as hell that you pretend you're so crushed by his death. You'd almost think that Haskins was the starting QB for the last 15 years. If it was Mason Rudolph passing away the vitriol from you phonies would be astronomical. After all, that is all I've heard from any of you so called fans in the last few seasons about Mason. Just go look through the comments about him, I'm not wrong.

Do you think his wife is going to shed crocodile tears? She's as phony as you are. Here is a woman according to news reports who assaulted Haskins and knocked out his teeth. Yeah that sounds like the perfect wife so loving and adoring of her husband.

Hell, she's so popular with Dwayne's parents that they are skipping the funeral to avoid meeting her. 100% a fact!

Who said I'm crushed? His teammates are. Seriously, go there and toughen up guys like Cam Heyward, we don't need any woke liberals on this team.

I don't know why you're so angry at life but I hope you're not like this in person, otherwise you're probably the biggest most miserable ******* on the planet.

Steeler Mafia
04-22-2022, 01:11 PM
Making more friends I see ... smh.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.JBnfJ1Dl21jikBK0Jin3hwHaE3?w=207&h=136&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7
"You disagree online with Prowler, and they'll cry ... WOKE, WOKE, WOKE."

Prowler
04-22-2022, 01:20 PM
It's a matter of common decency. I'm sorry you don't get that. There was obviously zero attempt to intimidate you, it was more to let you know that I'm no tree-hugging leftie...or whatever your mental picture of a "woke" person might be. If you think someone is deserving of that tired label based on the fact they can be offended by a complete lack of decency and humanity, then you've likely got issues with quite a few folks.

You are right that I threw a flamethrower at your post right off the bat without provocation. I get triggered by certain words and viewpoints and certainly could have expressed myself in a more respectful manner. I will strive to be better.

Dude, you did nothing wrong. You were merely expressing viewpoints which were important to you. That is how we as humans communicate. We must never stop this. As someone who has been a candidate in elections, I can tell you that you would not believe the hateful rhetoric/comments, and the threats of physical harm directed at me by those with opposing views. It's disgusting. Like you, I have things which will trigger a not so nice response from me. One of those things is a person trying to censor me and keep me quiet.

You're lucky, you have one of the best politicians in the world running the state where you live. Me, I have a government ruining my life. I'm a second class citizen who is being segregated from society. I have the constant threat of the government seizing my bank account and house. I'm a prisoner in Canada and I can't even fly on an airplane within my own country. Soon with the government's newly proposed censorship laws, I face the strong possibility of being arrested, if I dare say something critical about them. And no I'm not being paranoid, they've already begun arresting pastors, the opposition leaders. taking away a our body autonomy and seizing bank accounts. This is why have zero tolerance for anything or anyone which appears woke or wants to censor me. We must fight this globalism plague.

Prowler
04-22-2022, 01:59 PM
Who said I'm crushed? His teammates are. Seriously, go there and toughen up guys like Cam Heyward, we don't need any woke liberals on this team.

I don't know why you're so angry at life but I hope you're not like this in person, otherwise you're probably the biggest most miserable ******* on the planet.

Haskins was a woke millionaire who attended BLM rallies and talked about injustices. Who cares if Heyward or some of the guys on the team cried at his funeral? The narrative they spout means absolutely nothing to me. I don't care about an organization which claims injustices but than burns down small businesses putting those oppressed people they claim to be supporting out of work. Got that?

Clearly his parents didn't agree with his lifestyle choices either. In fact, they've never talked to his wife before and they are having their own funeral for him. What does that tell you? Think McFly!

Prowler
04-22-2022, 02:20 PM

Since you and DeVille are from the same city maybe the two of you can form your own chapter. You can call it Louisville Lives Matter. You could have Lamar Jackson and his 2nd grade vocabulary as your spokesperson. He can talk about important topics like, how vaccinations prevent Covid, how to survive after getting Covid 3 times when you're a professional football player who is triple vaccinated, how to read NFL defenses (lol) and of course the super important stuff like the oppression of NFL millionaires. You could ask for donations and perhaps DeVille could put his Kaepernick doll on the auction block. Than you could be bad asses, hold rallies and perhaps even find some free televisions to take home.

Captain Lemming
04-22-2022, 02:29 PM
You implied there is something wrong with me, that I'm ridiculous, an a$$hole and that I'm dishonest, before I even said a word to you.

https://c.tenor.com/3wu056hnsjwAAAAC/star-wars-you-have-done-that-yourself.gif

Captain Lemming
04-22-2022, 02:47 PM

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.JBnfJ1Dl21jikBK0Jin3hwHaE3?w=207&h=136&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

When used as a pejorative the constant use of the expression in "woke" is nothing more than a way to justify rude, vulgar behavior and speech.

If WOKE means I can clean your clock intellectually without resorting to the lowest common denominator...feel free to identify me as such :)

Captain Lemming
04-22-2022, 02:54 PM
You're a phony virtue signaler. It's funny as hell that you pretend you're so crushed by his death.

Yes, I get that you don't know why people take issue with your take.

"Virtue signaling" is the only way one without empathy can understand empathy expressed by others.

A selfish person only understands selfish motivation, therefore the quickness to accuse others of being fake. From their perspective, empathy makes no sense.

The natural human distaste for spiteful UNPROVEN attacks on someone who was killed in a tragic accident (even a stranger) is clearly something beyond your comprehension.

Prowler, just because you don't understand the concept, does not invalidate the genuineness of another person's empathy. :)

Steeler Mafia
04-22-2022, 03:04 PM
Since you and DeVille are from the same city maybe the two of you can form your own chapter. You can call it Louisville Lives Matter. You could have Lamar Jackson and his 2nd grade vocabulary as your spokesperson. He can talk about important topics like, how vaccinations prevent Covid, how to survive after getting Covid 3 times when you're a professional football player who is triple vaccinated, how to read NFL defenses (lol) and of course the super important stuff like the oppression of NFL millionaires. You could ask for donations and perhaps DeVille could put his Kaepernick doll on the auction block. Than you could be bad asses, hold rallies and perhaps even find some free televisions to take home.

Forgive me, but it sounds as if you have a problem with people of color. If so, I suggest you tread lightly and spare us with your Northern, Canadian, "They're after us", "Cry me a river", "We are the only enlightened ones in the Northern Hemisphere" BS.

Shame on me for expecting an new/original response. I mean, the least you could have done was to congratulate my use of pronouns. I used "They" and not "He", "She" or "It". You know, trying to keep everything Binary. Sort of how your brain works. Only having the ability to process 1s and 0s.

Prowler
04-22-2022, 03:37 PM
"Virtue signaling" is the only way one without empathy can understand empathy expressed by others.

A selfish person only understands selfish motivation, therefore the quickness to accuse others of being fake. From their perspective, empathy makes no sense.

The natural human distaste for spiteful UNPROVEN attacks on someone who was killed in a tragic accident (even a stranger) is clearly something beyond your comprehension.

Prowler, just because you don't understand the concept, does not invalidate the genuineness of another person's empathy. :)

What utter hogwash you're spewing. You have no empathy for the situation. You're about a million miles away from his life and the people in his life.

You're assuming that his wife loves him but you fail to take into account an assault which knocked out his teeth and his parents not liking her either. Not only that he's a millionaire and like most millionaires, he'd probably not give you the time of day.

It's okay to be sympathetic because of a life lost, but it's also okay to criticize idiotic decisions when you're a million miles away from it. I'm not going to pretend that I'm showing empathy like you phony virtue signalers.

I'm not selfish. I'm not the one putting myself in danger, carelessly walking onto a highway and showing little empathy and regard for how his wife would feel or the drivers would feel if they hit him. That selfish person is no other than Dwayne Haskins!

I also take exception to your comment that I'm using this platform to make spiteful attacks against Haskins. I'm simply presenting facts that you fail to acknowledge because you'd rather continue on with a woke narrative.

Steeler Mafia
04-22-2022, 03:48 PM
That selfish person is no utter than Dwayne Haskins!

Grammatically, that was an "utter" failure. :stirpot

Prowler
04-22-2022, 04:15 PM
Grammatically, that was an "utter" failure. :stirpot

Thank you for pointing this out. I had the brain fart of a lifetime. I read it 6 times before I figured out my mistake.

Mr.wizard
04-22-2022, 04:23 PM
What utter hogwash you're spewing. You have no empathy for the situation. You're about a million miles away from his life and the people in his life.

You're assuming that his wife loves him but you fail to take into account an assault which knocked out his teeth and his parents not liking her either. Not only that he's a millionaire and like most millionaires, he'd probably not give you the time of day.

It's okay to be sympathetic because of a life lost, but it's also okay to criticize idiotic decisions when you're a million miles away from it. I'm not going to pretend that I'm showing empathy like you phony virtue signalers.

I'm not selfish. I'm not the one putting myself in danger, carelessly walking onto a highway and showing little empathy and regard for how his wife would feel or the drivers would feel if they hit him. That selfish person is no other than Dwayne Haskins!

I also take exception to your comment that I'm using this platform to make spiteful attacks against Haskins. I'm simply presenting facts that you fail to acknowledge because you'd rather continue on with a woke narrative.

You just made his point, lol. Be careful what you say to me, I am part of the deep state and have achieved maximum wokeness, I'm watching you :shock:

WindyCitySteel
04-22-2022, 04:39 PM
I'm simply presenting facts that you fail to acknowledge because you'd rather continue on with a woke narrative.

Like the drunk woman you can't prove was there?

Prowler
04-22-2022, 05:02 PM
Like the drunk woman you can't prove was there?

It was Joel who brought up the story about the drunk woman and NOT me!

I don't need a story to come to the conclusion that Haskins made very bad decisions on his part which were completely his fault. That is the part that you can't come to terms with because you think he's free from blame. Your attitude is, it's not his responsibility to fill up the gas tank on the car he's driving. Likewise, your view is that calling his wife who is 1000 miles away is more of a priority than calling AAA for help in a dangerous situation. Finally with your ever revolving woke logic, you've come to the conclusion that he is Ben Roethlisberger fast, he can beat that traffic in the dark and cross the highway safely. How did that idiotic decision making turn out, Mr. I got to protect the narrative of the poor oppressed athlete?

WindyCitySteel
04-22-2022, 05:13 PM
It was Joel who brought up the story about the drunk woman and NOT me!

Right, you just ran with it.

How did that idiotic decision making turn out, Mr. I got to protect the narrative of the poor oppressed athlete?

You're new around here, aren't you. You're like a progressive who instantly smears with pejoratives anyone who disagrees with him.

Captain Lemming
04-22-2022, 05:29 PM

You just made his point,

Yes he did.
His point is one cannot possibly have empathy for someone they don't know personally.

People are DYING in Ukraine right now fighting who KNEW NOBODY in Ukraine prior to the war.

Empathy brother.

I assure you they aren't "virtue-signaling".

Prowler
04-22-2022, 05:35 PM

You're new around here, aren't you. You're like a progressive who instantly smears with pejoratives anyone who disagrees with him.

I didn't run with it. I didn't need to. Haskins proved beyond any reasonable doubt through his idiotic decision making that he wasn't in Mensa. You cried about it, because the Winged God of Immaturity couldn't possibly be responsible for his own demise. And just like that the dream of an oppressed QB leading the Steelers to the Super Bowl vanished into the evil dump truck of death. Career record 3-10, a 74.4 QB rating and an entire woke fanbase at Planet Steelers who worships the ground that he walked on.

NO, All you've done is smear me. Am I suppose to just take it on the chin when you keep attacking me? Not happening, I'm not into brainless woke mobs.

One final piece of advice. If you want me to treat you better than quit starting crap with me, you got it?

Flasteel
04-22-2022, 05:59 PM
Dude, you did nothing wrong. You were merely expressing viewpoints which were important to you. That is how we as humans communicate. We must never stop this. As someone who has been a candidate in elections, I can tell you that you would not believe the hateful rhetoric/comments, and the threats of physical harm directed at me by those with opposing views. It's disgusting. Like you, I have things which will trigger a not so nice response from me. One of those things is a person trying to censor me and keep me quiet.

You're lucky, you have one of the best politicians in the world running the state where you live. Me, I have a government ruining my life. I'm a second class citizen who is being segregated from society. I have the constant threat of the government seizing my bank account and house. I'm a prisoner in Canada and I can't even fly on an airplane within my own country. Soon with the government's newly proposed censorship laws, I face the strong possibility of being arrested, if I dare say something critical about them. And no I'm not being paranoid, they've already begun arresting pastors, the opposition leaders. taking away a our body autonomy and seizing bank accounts. This is why have zero tolerance for anything or anyone which appears woke or wants to censor me. We must fight this globalism plague.

Ron DeSantis is not a good leader. I thought he was in the beginning of his tenure, but he quickly devolved into some kind of mini-Trump. All he is interested in is tossing red meat to the far right and engaging in these ridiculous culture wars. He'd rather build his national profile for a run at the presidency than lead our state. I will give him credit for his stance on not closing down every sector of life during the pandemic but that was as politically motivated as everything else he does. No thanks on this guy.

Prowler
04-22-2022, 06:14 PM
Ron DeSantis is not a good leader. I thought he was in the beginning of his tenure, but he quickly devolved into some kind of mini-Trump. All he is interested in is tossing red meat to the far right and engaging in these ridiculous culture wars. He'd rather build his national profile for a run at the presidency than lead our state. I will give him credit for his stance on not closing down every sector of life during the pandemic but that was as politically motivated as everything else he does. No thanks on this guy.

Okay, thanks for sharing your thoughts on him. From my perspective all of these elite politicians from all political stripes are creating a culture war with their divide and conquer strategies. It's all part of the WEF plan and the Great Reset. Every single country in the world is in on this plan. Sadly, the world is screwed.

Flasteel
04-22-2022, 06:45 PM
Okay, thanks for sharing your thoughts on him. From my perspective all of these elite politicians from all political stripes are creating a culture war with their divide and conquer strategies. It's all part of the WEF plan and the Great Reset. Every single country in the world is in on this plan. Sadly, the world is screwed.

I kind of agree with you brother...hopefully we find a way back to being a united nation once again. I hate hijacking a football thread with this stuff, so my apologies to all and I will now zip my lips on the subject. :tt2

Prowler
04-22-2022, 07:13 PM
I kind of agree with you brother...hopefully we find a way back to being a united nation once again. I hate hijacking a football thread with this stuff, so my apologies to all and I will now zip my lips on the subject. :tt2

Not sure what the answer is to unite people. I must say its taken a toll on me in a depressing way. Nevertheless, all the best!

Mr.wizard
04-22-2022, 07:48 PM

A progressive? He doesn't understand empathy, he complains he is being oppressed and censored by the government, he uses the word woke to describe anyone who disagrees with him, and he called Ron Desantis "one of the best politicians in the world", he could pass for Tucker Carlson.

flippy
04-22-2022, 08:18 PM
A progressive? He doesn't understand empathy, he complains he is being oppressed and censored by the government, he uses the word woke to describe anyone who disagrees with him, and he called Ron Desantis "one of the best politicians in the world", he could pass for Tucker Carlson.

LOL. In fairness, all the folks on the fringes sound the same to me even though they use different buzz words.

Prowler
04-22-2022, 08:55 PM
Forgive me, but it sounds as if you have a problem with people of color. If so, I suggest you tread lightly and spare us with your Northern, Canadian, "They're after us", "Cry me a river", "We are the only enlightened ones in the Northern Hemisphere" BS.

Shame on me for expecting an new/original response. I mean, the least you could have done was to congratulate my use of pronouns. I used "They" and not "He", "She" or "It". You know, trying to keep everything Binary. Sort of how your brain works. Only having the ability to process 1s and 0s.

I don't have a problem with people of color. What I have a problem with is millionaire athletes complaining that they are oppressed. If I didn't like black people, I wouldn't be watching a sport where 80% of the players are that color. What I don't like either is how politicized the game has become. I don't want to have to sit through a game and hear about whatever agenda a player has. My 3 hours on Sunday watching these games is an escape from the stress of real life. These players and their bs is ruining the enjoyment of the game that is already lacking quality and entertainment value. As a Canadian, I would never lecture my American friends. Personally, I love the USA and I would live there if I could.

I won't answer the second paragraph because I really don't know what you're getting at.

Prowler
04-22-2022, 09:30 PM

Not sure what you're talking about? I've never once complained that I'm oppressed, censored yes, segregated yes, a prisoner in my own country yes, but not oppressed.

I understand empathy perfectly well and I admit I don't feel it for Haskins. If you were so empathetic why don't you look at at the obituaries of random people and reach out to the families and show empathy and support? Obviously, it's because you don't know the deceased or their families, just like you don't know Dwayne Haskins, yet you virtue signal to try and look good on a public forum, so that you can fit in with the woke mob. A bunch of hypocrites if you ask me! Truly pathetic.

I don't use "woke" to describe everyone, I disagree with. Only the phony Dwayne Haskins virtue signalers who never reach out to other families in the same situation to offer empathy and support.

And yes I like Tucker Carlson's commentary. Big deal.

Captain Lemming
04-22-2022, 11:30 PM
Not sure what the answer is to unite people.

You literally use divisive expressions politically, racially, even questioning how people could possibly feel compassion for a loss of life.... IN A FOOTBALL FORUM?

Seriously dude, how do you possibly think unity if you treat people who are different from you like "the enemy".

I don't have a problem with people of color.

You just made judgements of people based on their race (as assumed by you) multiple times in this one thread. Why? You bring up BLM and Kaepernick, and Lamar Jackson (mocking his intelligence in the process) completely out of any context. Why?

What does that have to do with Haskins apart from....

I don't have a problem with people of color.

For someone who feels that way you have a weird way of showing it.

Mr.wizard
04-23-2022, 08:02 AM
Not sure what you're talking about? I've never once complained that I'm oppressed, censored yes, segregated yes, a prisoner in my own country yes, but not oppressed.

I understand empathy perfectly well and I admit I don't feel it for Haskins. If you were so empathetic why don't you look at at the obituaries of random people and reach out to the families and show empathy and support? Obviously, it's because you don't know the deceased or their families, just like you don't know Dwayne Haskins, yet you virtue signal to try and look good on a public forum, so that you can fit in with the woke mob. A bunch of hypocrites if you ask me! Truly pathetic.

I don't use "woke" to describe everyone, I disagree with. Only the phony Dwayne Haskins virtue signalers who never reach out to other families in the same situation to offer empathy and support.

And yes I like Tucker Carlson's commentary. Big deal.

Complaining that the government is placing restrictions on you, that is complaining about oppression. Empathy is not reaching out to everyones family that has died, its about understanding what another person is going through, this is why i said you dont understand empathy. I can tell you watch Tucker Carlson and I have empathy for you.

WindyCitySteel
04-23-2022, 08:27 AM

The extremes on both sides argue the same way. That was my point.

feltdizz
04-23-2022, 08:48 AM

not oppressed.. just a prisoner in his own country. lmao.

Tucker Carlson has some type of MK Ultra going on.

Prowler
04-23-2022, 10:05 AM
Complaining that the government is placing restrictions on you, that is complaining about oppression. Empathy is not reaching out to everyones family that has died, its about understanding what another person is going through, this is why i said you dont understand empathy. I can tell you watch Tucker Carlson and I have empathy for you.

Whatever you want to think. There are literally dozens of different definitions for the words "oppression" and "empathy". If it makes you feel better about yourself to choose a different meaning for those words than I would use, go for it.

Mr.wizard
04-23-2022, 10:05 AM

Lol it's so bizarre, these folks are so caught up in this culture war bs that people like Carlson spew every night, they cant even bring themselves to shed an ounce of humanity about a young man dying tragically, for fear that they maybe labeled "woke".

Mr.wizard
04-23-2022, 10:06 AM
Whatever you want to think. There are literally dozens of different definitions for the words "oppression" and "empathy". If it makes you feel better about yourself to choose a different meaning for those words than I would use, go for it.

Lol okay sure

Prowler
04-23-2022, 10:10 AM
Lol okay sure

Just google them!

Prowler
04-23-2022, 10:21 AM
Lol it's so bizarre, these folks are so caught up in this culture war bs that people like Carlson spew every night, they cant even bring themselves to shed an ounce of humanity about a young man dying tragically, for fear that they maybe labeled "woke".

At the other end of the spectrum there are many people like you who won't acknowledge or put the blame on Haskins for contributing to his own demise. Truly sad.

WindyCitySteel
04-23-2022, 10:29 AM
At the other end of the spectrum there are many people like you who won't acknowledge or put the blame on Haskins for contributing to his own demise. Truly sad.

Nobody is saying it was smart to do what Haskins did. Do you think you're making some kind of brilliant observation here?

The difference is that you seem like the only one here would be going around at his wake spouting "I told you so" or "he had it coming, no tears here" to anyone who would listen.

Mr.wizard
04-23-2022, 11:01 AM

Where did i say that? Please point it out or you can admit that you are being dishonest. Of course its his fault he made a bad decision to walk onto that highway and ot cost him his life, that doesnt mean i cant feel bad for him and his family.

Mr.wizard
04-23-2022, 11:02 AM
Just google them!

You should take your own advice lol.

Prowler
04-23-2022, 12:06 PM
Where did i say that? Please point it out or you can admit that you are being dishonest. Of course its his fault he made a bad decision to walk onto that highway and ot cost him his life, that doesnt mean i cant feel bad for him and his family.

This is the first time in this thread that you have acknowledged that Haskin's was responsible for his own demise. Many others when pressed on this point can't bring themselves to do it. I give you 100% credit for doing so, and I apologize for assuming you're like the others.

Prowler
04-23-2022, 12:16 PM

The word oppressed has lost its meaning over time. We have rich football players with all the freedom and money in the world who claim they are oppressed. If they are oppressed what does that make me? I have far less freedom and money then they do.

Mr.wizard
04-23-2022, 12:45 PM
This is the first time in this thread that you have acknowledged that Haskin's was responsible for his own demise. Many others when pressed on this point can't bring themselves to do it. I give you 100% credit for doing so, and I apologize for assuming you're like the others.

I dont think anyone has made the point that he is not responsible for his own death.

Prowler
04-23-2022, 01:26 PM
I dont think anyone has made the point that he is not responsible for his own death.

I pressed several people on this exact point. None of them could admit that Haskins was responsible for his own demise, because they were too busy attacking me for pointing it out. What else am I suppose to think?

Captain Lemming
04-23-2022, 05:01 PM
I pressed several people on this exact point. None of them could admit that Haskins was responsible for his own demise, because they were too busy attacking me for pointing it out. What else am I suppose to think?

You are supposed to think they have no desire to join in on you Haskins hatefest. It predates the crash Prowler.

You get the reaction you get because you alone seem to take gleeful joy in the tragic death of this young man. Even to the extent he might have brought it on himself, it is still tragic.

Captain Lemming
04-23-2022, 05:22 PM

Let me ask you-

If Ben was KILLED in his motorcycle accident, would you take issue with fans who feel bad for the death of the young man? (Ironically at about the same age).

Would you say "boohoo" at the response of fans who expressed condolences and question their sincerity?

Would you say they were following "the woke crowd" if they had a problem with fans bashing Ben for ignoring warnings about the danger of riding such a powerful machine without a helmet?

If a cold hearted black person mocking Bens death said to a saddened fan, "well I bet you are white".... what conclusion would you make about the motivation of the black man who continues to make light of Ben's death?

Would you at the very least understand why most fans would not appreciate a complete lack of empathy for a tragic loss EVEN IF IT WAS BENS FAULT?

Prowler
04-23-2022, 08:23 PM
You are supposed to think they have no desire to join in on you Haskins hatefest. It predates the crash Prowler.

You get the reaction you get because you alone seem to take gleeful joy in the tragic death of this young man. Even to the extent he might have brought it on himself, it is still tragic.

He made bad decisions that led to his fate. Not sure how you can deny this? It wasn't me that emptied his gas tank, it wasn't me that decided to call his wife instead of AAA to get help, and it wasn't me that decided to cross the busy highway in the dark. That was all Haskins. Suck it up and deal with the fact it was his responsibility and his alone to make the right decisions to keep himself safe! And you wonder why I call you woke.

Prowler
04-23-2022, 08:55 PM
Let me ask you-

If Ben was KILLED in his motorcycle accident, would you take issue with fans who feel bad for the death of the young man? (Ironically at about the same age).

Would you say "boohoo" at the response of fans who expressed condolences and question their sincerity?

Would you say they were following "the woke crowd" if they had a problem with fans bashing Ben for ignoring warnings about the danger of riding such a powerful machine without a helmet?

If a cold hearted black person mocking Bens death said to a saddened fan, "well I bet you are white".... what conclusion would you make about the motivation of the black man who continues to make light of Ben's death?

Would you at the very least understand why most fans would not appreciate a complete lack of empathy for a tragic loss EVEN IF IT WAS BENS FAULT?

I don't take issue with any fans who want to feel bad about a death. I take issue with people like you who try to bamboozle me into thinking in a way I don't agree with.

Bittspurgh
04-23-2022, 10:16 PM
I don't take issue with any fans who want to feel bad about a death. I take issue with people like you who try to bamboozle me into thinking in a way I don't agree with.

Prowler. You sir are a total D!@k. I bet a brotha stuck ya daughter. That’s what it seems like to me.

Regardless of the hows and whys. This is a tragic death when you consider age etc.

Now if a moderator corrects me for my above statement. That same moderator can update the home page here to something more relevant.

Prowler
04-23-2022, 10:24 PM
Prowler. You sir are a total D!@k. I bet a brotha stuck ya daughter. That’s what it seems like to me.

Regardless of the hows and whys. This is a tragic death when you consider age etc.

Now if a moderator corrects me for my above statement. That same moderator can update the home page here to something more relevant.

Tragic death yes, but totally avoidable and 100% the result of bad decision making.

Captain Lemming
04-23-2022, 10:35 PM
He made bad decisions that led to his fate.

Do you realize literally NOBODY has argued against this right? That is not the point.

Again, my example about Ben. If he died on his motorbike many people would take issue with someone who showed a "who cares he deserved it" attitude. You KNOW this.

Question:
If it were Ben who died on his bike would you show such a callous disregard for his life?

Captain Lemming
04-23-2022, 10:43 PM
Tragic death yes, but totally avoidable and 100% the result of bad decision making.

Called it "tragic". That is progress. Nice.

You do realize NOBODY has said anything that disagrees with what you just said right?
You are arguing that we are saying he bears no responsibility. Nobody is actually doing that.

THAT IS WHY people are offended by you more than the dude who started the thread. He STARTED with essentially what you just said.

Bittspurgh
04-23-2022, 10:52 PM

IsnÂ’t most deaths avoidable? DonÂ’t smoke you may get cancer, donÂ’t drink you may have liver failure, donÂ’t drive or fly you may get into an accident, donÂ’t over eat you may become diabetic, donÂ’t work in construction, or be a firefighter, or work in factories or mines because you may suffer a tragic but avoidable occupational accident.

When does avoidable stop?

The cop who dies in the line of duty is at fault because he chose that profession. The athlete that dies in training camp is as fault because he chose to play that sport.

The electrician who dies at work is at fault because he chose that profession. These are all “avoidable” deaths right.

The mom who dies while giving birth is at fault for having unprotected sex right. Avoidable right.

The actor or production staff that dies on a movie set is at fault for their choice of profession right? Again, avoidable.

The military personnel that dies from a fluke accident not even attributed to battle, is at fault for choosing the military path in life.

The folks who get stung by a bee and die from the severe reaction that follows is at fault for leaving the house that day. They should have stayed in and avoided death.

When does avoidable not apply?

Bottom line, when folks are expressing condolences about the loss of life we do not need a Karen to chime in and remind us that the death was avoidable.

For that, donÂ’t even chime in.

You donÂ’t like the coaching during a game. Fine. Team plays poorly and you want to rip them, great.

But this argument that you are insistent on continuing is unnecessary.

feltdizz
04-23-2022, 10:58 PM

Its a cult… lol.

feltdizz
04-23-2022, 11:01 PM
IsnÂ’t most deaths avoidable? DonÂ’t smoke you may get cancer, donÂ’t drink you may have liver failure, donÂ’t drive or fly you may get into an accident, donÂ’t over eat you may become diabetic, donÂ’t work in construction, or be a firefighter, or work in factories or mines because you may suffer a tragic but avoidable occupational accident.

When does avoidable stop?

The cop who dies in the line of duty is at fault because he chose that profession. The athlete that dies in training camp is as fault because he chose to play that sport.

The electrician who dies at work is at fault because he chose that profession. These are all “avoidable” deaths right.

The mom who dies while giving birth is at fault for having unprotected sex right. Avoidable right.

The actor or production staff that dies on a movie set is at fault for their choice of profession right? Again, avoidable.

The military personnel that dies from a fluke accident not even attributed to battle, is at fault for choosing the military path in life.

The folks who get stung by a bee and die from the severe reaction that follows is at fault for leaving the house that day. They should have stayed in and avoided death.

When does avoidable not apply?

Bottom line, when folks are expressing condolences about the loss of life we do not need a Karen to chime in and remind us that the death was avoidable.

For that, donÂ’t even chime in.

You donÂ’t like the coaching during a game. Fine. Team plays poorly and you want to rip them, great.

But this argument that you are insistent on continuing is unnecessary.

being “thankful” that Haskins is no longer a Steeler because he died is just weird.. and then to make it political when someone points it out is the sign of a person with way too much time on his or her hands.

Captain Lemming
04-23-2022, 11:03 PM
And you wonder why I call you woke.

Actually I know why you call me WOKE. It is not anything you said.

Prowler
04-23-2022, 11:11 PM
Called it "tragic". That is progress. Nice.

You do realize NOBODY has said anything that disagrees with what you just said right?
You are arguing that we are saying he bears no responsibility. Nobody is actually doing that.

THAT IS WHY people are offended by you more than the dude who started the thread. He STARTED with essentially what you just said.

What is wrong with you ? Technically all deaths which are unexpected are tragic by definition. Not sure why you think you won the lottery of debates.

I wasn't arguing that everybody was saying that Haskins wasn't responsible for his own death. However, there were a lot who were. In fact this is the first time that you acknowledged this point so I guess that is progress on your part.

Prowler
04-23-2022, 11:19 PM
Actually I know why you call me WOKE. It is not anything you said.

Hallelujah!

Captain Lemming
04-23-2022, 11:22 PM
What is wrong with you ? Technically all deaths which are unexpected are tragic by definition. Not sure why you think you won the lottery of debates.

I wasn't arguing that everybody was saying that Haskins wasn't responsible for his own death. However, there were a lot who were. In fact this is the first time that you acknowledged this point so I guess that is progress on your part.

No there is a difference between choosing not to "speak ill of the dead" and arguing he has no fault in his demise. Nobody made that argument.

In case you think that is some philosophy of woke 21st century libs, the saying was created by the ancient Spartans.

If it was Trubisky under the same circumstances and someone bashed him as to imply he deserved it, my response would be the same. You know what would NOT be the same?

Nobody would call me "woke" for it.

You think for a minute about why that is.

Prowler
04-23-2022, 11:27 PM
being “thankful” that Haskins is no longer a Steeler because he died is just weird.. and then to make it political when someone points it out is the sign of a person with way too much time on his or her hands.

If you're comments are about me than you're being dishonest like usual. I never said, I was thankful that Haskins died and he is longer a Steeler. I said, "Good lord, I'm glad he's not our QB. No offense but our organization can do far better in the future". That comment is right from post #20. Quit lying, you liar!

Mr.wizard
04-23-2022, 11:28 PM
Hallelujah!

What is the definition of Woke?

Prowler
04-23-2022, 11:51 PM
What is the definition of Woke?

My definition is Justin Trudeau, Alexandria Cortez, IIhan Omar, the Democratic Party, Rhino Republicans, most of the media, the NFL, BLM, LGTQB, NBA, WEF, most of Hollywood, Jagmeet Singh, Liberal Party of Canada, the NDP etc. There are so many woke things, organizations and people these days, it would impossible to attach a definition which could explain it.

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 12:02 AM
My definition is Justin Trudeau, Alexandria Cortez, IIhan Omar, the Democratic Party, Rhino Republicans, most of the media, the NFL, BLM, LGTQB, NBA, WEF, most of Hollywood, Jagmeet Singh, Liberal Party of Canada, the NDP etc. There are so many woke things, organizations and people these days, it would impossible to attach a definition which could explain it.

I agree. You cannot narrow it that way, too many categories.
But I'm here to help friend.

To make it easy.... it is "the others". :)

Mr.wizard
04-24-2022, 12:03 AM

So its a meaningless term you attach to anything you dont agree with.

Prowler
04-24-2022, 12:07 AM

It's not a meaningless term, it is just not easily explained.

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 12:10 AM

When used as a pejorative the constant use of the expression in "woke" is nothing more than a way to justify rude, vulgar behavior and speech.

I left out that you sympathy, compassion, understanding, or empathy for "the others" will result in that label being applied to you.

Mr.wizard
04-24-2022, 12:13 AM

No I just easily explained it, it is things you don't agree with it, at least that's how you are using it. It actually does have an informal definition, it is used to describe people who are aware of Injustice in society.

Mr.wizard
04-24-2022, 12:19 AM
I left out that you sympathy, compassion, understanding, or empathy for "the others" will result in that label being applied to you.

If you're not woke does that mean you're asleep? :confused:

Captain Lemming

I just did. It is "the other".

Haskins is an "other".
It is why you call me woke and won't deny that similar compassion for Ben or Trubisky would not result in being so labeled.

Prowler
I agree. You cannot narrow it that way, too many categories.
But I'm here to help friend.

To make it easy.... it is "the others". :)

There are so many injustices these days and hurt feelings, I don't know where to begin. I could have a bladder control problem and piss my pants outside with a rainbow in the sky and someone would tell me that is very offensive to the Pride Parade 2 hours from my house, but golden showers are okay. You know what I mean?

Mr.wizard
04-24-2022, 12:22 AM
There are so many injustices these days and hurt feelings, I don't know where to begin. I could have a bladder control problem and piss my pants outside with a rainbow in the sky and someone would tell me that is very offensive to the Pride Parade 2 hours from my house, but golden showers are okay. You know what I mean?

I hate to point out the obvious but you seem to be the one who has a problem with a lot of different things, you seem damn near offended by everyone who isn't MAGA.

Prowler
04-24-2022, 12:29 AM
I just did. It is "the other".

Haskins is an "other".
It is why you call me woke and won't deny that similar compassion for Ben or Trubisky would not result in being so labeled.

If that's your reality and what you believe who I am to question your definition? I honestly don't care that most people on this board don't realize they are practically card carrying members of wokeism. Many of you are too far gone and brainwashed to realize how the media, government and artificial intelligence are manipulating your thoughts by divide and conquer strategies. Those who are woke won't understand this point.

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 12:31 AM

Not really. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 12:40 AM
If that's your reality and what you believe who I am to question your definition? I honestly don't care that most people on this board don't realize they are practically card carrying members of wokeism. Many of you are too far gone and brainwashed to realize how the media, government and artificial intelligence are manipulating your thoughts by dividing and conquer strategies. Those who are woke won't understand this point.

You run out of breath identifying "the others" admit you can't think of them all? If you want to see who is being brainwashed to divide and conquer I suggest a mirror. :)

Prowler
04-24-2022, 12:43 AM
I hate to point out the obvious but you seem to be the one who has a problem with a lot of different things, you seem damn near offended by everyone who isn't MAGA.

Actually, it's not me that has the problem, it's the ones who continue to be hurt by my comments. Big difference, I don't care that you hate me but you seem to be really upset that I criticize Haskins.

As for MAGA you couldn't be further from the truth. I use to like Trump but I realized he's just one of them. He could have done something to stop the election steal but he did nothing. He could have stopped vaccines and supported freedom of choice but instead he chose to promote vaccines etc.

Prowler
04-24-2022, 12:45 AM
Not really. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Of course you don't. W-O-K-E

Prowler
04-24-2022, 12:53 AM
You run out of breath identifying "the others" admit you can't think of them all? If you want to see who is being brainwashed to divide and conquer I suggest a mirror. :)

How can I think of all your injustices, I'm not in your woke brain! You're a real Einstein.

You're talking about brainwashing, but it's clear as day you have no clue what Agenda 2030 is about or the World Economic Forum and the Great Reset.

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 01:26 AM
Of course you don't. W-O-K-E

Yes, throwing around a phrase like it means something.

I literally do not know what you just described. I know a pride parade is a gay rights thing.

I have no idea of why you are talking about bladder control and peeing your pants or what golden showers are.

How does that make me "woke".

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 01:38 AM
How can I think of all your injustices, I'm not in your woke brain! You're a real Einstein.

You're talking about brainwashing, but it's clear as day you have no clue what Agenda 2030 is about or the World Economic Forum and the Great Reset.

You are correct. I again have no idea what you are talking about. I dont know nor care about any of those topics. But don't blame the left or the right. Blame Jesus.

I am not overly concerned with world politics in imitation of Jesus Christ. His Kingdom is the only government I support.

If I am brainwashed, I suggest you blame Jesus as my world view is shaped 100 percent by the Bible, not human politics.

If you wanna call me "woke" so be it.
Woke is Scriptural:

Thessalonians 5:6
“Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.” King James Version (KJV)

Romans 13:11
“And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.” King James Version (KJV)

Prowler
04-24-2022, 07:55 AM
Yes, throwing around a phrase like it means something.

I literally do not know what you just described. I know a pride parade is a gay rights thing.

I have no idea of why you are talking about bladder control and peeing your pants or what golden showers are.

How does that make me "woke".

My comments in that particular case wasn't used to describe you as woke. It was pure hyperbole and an imaginary scenario. How did you not figure that out.

Mr.wizard
04-24-2022, 08:06 AM
Actually, it's not me that has the problem, it's the ones who continue to be hurt by my comments. Big difference, I don't care that you hate me but you seem to be really upset that I criticize Haskins.

As for MAGA you couldn't be further from the truth. I use to like Trump but I realized he's just one of them. He could have done something to stop the election steal but he did nothing. He could have stopped vaccines and supported freedom of choice but instead he chose to promote vaccines etc.

It is you who has the problem, you throw around the word woke as an insult and when I asked what it means to be woke, you just define it as a list of things YOU don't like or agree with. I don't hate you and I'm not upset you criticized Haskins, I feel sorry for you man, because your issues run much deeper than Dwyane Haskins.

Prowler
04-24-2022, 08:10 AM
You are correct. I again have no idea what you are talking about. I dont know nor care about any of those topics. But don't blame the left or the right. Blame Jesus.

I am not overly concerned with world politics in imitation of Jesus Christ. His Kingdom is the only government I support.

If I am brainwashed, I suggest you blame Jesus as my world view is shaped 100 percent by the Bible, not human politics.

If you wanna call me "woke" so be it.
Woke is Scriptural:

Thessalonians 5:6
“Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.” King James Version (KJV)

Romans 13:11
“And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.” King James Version (KJV)

How in the world do you not know about the WEF, Agenda 2030 and the Great Reset, if you're Christian? It's bible prophecy right before our eyes. It's really important to understand what the beast system is so that you can exit it.

Prowler
04-24-2022, 08:36 AM
It is you who has the problem, you throw around the word woke as an insult and when I asked what it means to be woke, you just define it as a list of things YOU don't like or agree with. I don't hate you and I'm not upset you criticized Haskins, I feel sorry for you man, because your issues run much deeper than Dwyane Haskins.

The word "woke" has several different meanings depending on a person's interpretation of it. If you don't believe me, than go put the keywords "woke meaning" into the address bar and go through the results of the search. You'll read an endless variety of meanings to the word "woke" depending on the website. You do realize that in many ways our language is evolving?

Mr.wizard
04-24-2022, 09:03 AM
The word "woke" has several different meanings depending on a person's interpretation of it. If you don't believe me, than go put the keywords "woke meaning" into the address bar and go through the results of the search. You'll read an endless variety of meanings to the word "woke" depending on the website. You do realize that in many ways our language is evolving?

When a word can mean anything it means nothing and it doesn't really matter, I asked you to define it because I wanted to know how you were using it and as I suspected you were using as an insult towards anything you don't agree with. The problem is not with the rest of the world, it's with you, your thinking is broken, which is why your attracted to the far right conspiratorial rhetoric that seems to make people fear and hate a lot of different people and different things.

flippy
04-24-2022, 09:17 AM
How in the world do you not know about the WEF, Agenda 2030 and the Great Reset, if you're Christian? It's bible prophecy right before our eyes. It's really important to understand what the beast system is so that you can exit it.

Religion, conspiracy theories, whatever you want to call it are intended to create fear around progress.

People have been afraid of progress since the beginning of time dating back to the times where we believed the world was the center of the universe, the earth was flat, etc.

No need to fear change. There's always infinite opportunity in front of us all to make things better. That's our real freedom or choice that we're so lucky to have. Will you choose optimism or negativity?

The internet proves people respond 10x as much to negativity. That's why negativity is so prevalent online. The best way to combat it is to spend more time in the real world doing positive things for others. That will bring so much more joy than getting sucked down some internet conspiracy rabbit hole.

The stronger your feeling about any of these things, the more brainwashed we all are.

Every day is a new opportunity to start over. Hopefully you all enjoy your Sunday and do something awesome today.

Prowler
04-24-2022, 09:43 AM
When a word can mean anything it means nothing and it doesn't really matter, I asked you to define it because I wanted to know how you were using it and as I suspected you were using as an insult towards anything you don't agree with. The problem is not with the rest of the world, it's with you, your thinking is broken, which is why your attracted to the far right conspiratorial rhetoric that seems to make people fear and hate a lot of different people and different things.

If you really do believe that I'm using a meaningless word like "woke" as an insult, than you really are woke if a meaningless word upsets you so much. You've proven my point about most posters here.

By the way, I don't fear or hate anyone. Not sure why you think that. Far right is a label that I don't identify with. This is usually a liberal tactic to try and stop debate, to mobilize the core base to get out the vote or to use as a diversion away from an unpopular policy. Most of the time it's used to gaslight and smear a political opponent.

The label of conspiracy theory is really about gaslighting someone who has an opposing view. Many of today's so called theories from the last couple of years have come true. Even when fact checkers give them a false label. Challenging accepted conclusions is how the greatest minds of the world have invented things. It's called critical thinking in some circles, and also a "conspiracy theory" in others.

WindyCitySteel
04-24-2022, 10:11 AM
This thread...

https://c.tenor.com/Cd2kkPLqg78AAAAC/tenor.gif

Mr.wizard
04-24-2022, 10:13 AM
If you really do believe that I'm using a meaningless word like "woke" as an insult, than you really are woke if a meaningless word upsets you so much. You've proven my point about most posters here.

By the way, I don't fear or hate anyone. Not sure why you think that. Far right is a label that I don't identify with. This is usually a liberal tactic to try and stop debate, to mobilize the core base to get out the vote or to use as a diversion away from an unpopular policy. Most of the time it's used to gaslight and smear a political opponent.

The label of conspiracy theory is really about gaslighting someone who has an opposing view. Many of today's so called theories from the last couple of years have come true. Even when fact checkers give them a false label. Challenging accepted conclusions is how the greatest minds of the world have invented things. It's called critical thinking in some circles, and also a "conspiracy theory" in others.

I don't even need to put together a response, your own response is a perfect example of broken thinking and you can't even see it.

Prowler
04-24-2022, 10:34 AM
I don't even need to put together a response, your own response is a perfect example of broken thinking and you can't even see it.

Coming from a woke guy who believes the government and the elites of the world are here to help, I'll take the broken thinking comment as a complement.

What is next from you, (Pfizer is a humanitarian group)? lol

Prowler
04-24-2022, 11:05 AM
Religion, conspiracy theories, whatever you want to call it are intended to create fear around progress.

People have been afraid of progress since the beginning of time dating back to the times where we believed the world was the center of the universe, the earth was flat, etc.

No need to fear change. There's always infinite opportunity in front of us all to make things better. That's our real freedom or choice that we're so lucky to have. Will you choose optimism or negativity?

The internet proves people respond 10x as much to negativity. That's why negativity is so prevalent online. The best way to combat it is to spend more time in the real world doing positive things for others. That will bring so much more joy than getting sucked down some internet conspiracy rabbit hole.

The stronger your feeling about any of these things, the more brainwashed we all are.

Every day is a new opportunity to start over. Hopefully you all enjoy your Sunday and do something awesome today.

Not all progress is good. Sometimes progress creates problems which are not apparent right away. Examples include the internet, green energy etc.

Not all change is good. If you're smart you should have a health dose of skepticism. Never trust anyone 100% of the time.

Usually the stronger the feelings you have on a subject the more a person has done research and the less they are prone to being brainwashed.

Just my thoughts. I appreciate your comments.

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 11:49 AM

You are actually correct of the frequent purpose of the use of labels. You fail to realize that it is YOU who has done this on this thread in excess of EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD COMBINED.

You just used TWO labels to "liberal" and "woke" in your reply.

You've literally replied to my argument with a one word label.

It is employing THE EXACT strategy you described for others.

You do it with such frequency that one of your labels (woke) has in fact hijacked this thread. :)

Again Scriptures brother.
Luke 6:41
41 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

New International Version

Bittspurgh
04-24-2022, 12:52 PM
You are actually correct of the frequent purpose of the use of labels. You fail to realize that it is YOU who has done this on this thread in excess of EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD COMBINED.

You do it with such frequency that one of your labels (woke) has in fact hijacked this thread. :)

41 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

At this rate this post is going to go longer than the AB or Bell posts. There is no winning here.

This is no longer Steeler related and hasn’t been since the first few threads.

feltdizz
04-24-2022, 01:08 PM
At this rate this post is going to go longer than the AB or Bell posts. There is no winning here.

This is no longer Steeler related and hasn’t been since the first few threads.

its why I stopped feeding the troll.

Dude is just making it up as he goes..

this is woke, that is woke, woke woke woke.. its like the whole snowflake thing. They just went on and on about everyone being soft while claiming to be oppressed, attacked and the victim of this new America. People like that are the weakest of them all.

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 01:31 PM

I "WON" those threads years ago my friend. There is no more debate.

Everything else is just confirmation. :)

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 01:33 PM

this is woke, that is woke, woke woke woke.. its like the whole snowflake thing. They just went on and on about everyone being soft while claiming to be oppressed, attacked and the victim of this new America. People like that are the weakest of them all.

If you weren't so woke you would understand Dizz. :)

flippy
04-24-2022, 01:43 PM
Not all progress is good. Sometimes progress creates problems which are not apparent right away. Examples include the internet, green energy etc.

Not all change is good. If you're smart you should have a health dose of skepticism. Never trust anyone 100% of the time.

Usually the stronger the feelings you have on a subject the more a person has done research and the less they are prone to being brainwashed.

Just my thoughts. I appreciate your comments.

I think everyone understands we need some guardrails. I think that’s the intent in balance in democracy and the constitution.

I think skepticism and questioning is healthy. I’m just of the mindset our goal should be healthy progress.

i think we’ve done pretty good to date. But I think going forward it’s healthy for us to balance one another out. And I do worry independent thought is slipping away. We should be able to talk to one another without animosity and the algorithms push the division which I’m not sure is healthy.

I actually appreciate people that think different than me. I personally get bored with my own thoughts and am pretty sure I’m an idiot. :)

flippy
04-24-2022, 01:46 PM

I am not a religious man, but have read the Bible dozens of times and that was the exact scripture that came to mind.

You are wiser than you realize.

And I know you know you are wise ;)

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 02:27 PM
I am not a religious man, but have read the Bible dozens of times and that was the exact scripture that came to mind.

You are wiser than you realize.

And I know you know you are wise ;)

I don't know about being wise.

Interestingly I got called "wise" on this forum FOR THE FIRST TIME by a non-religious guy when "quoting" scripture.

Therefore, I learned long ago that I only "sound" wise when I "parrot" the wisdom of someone far wiser than me. This is why I do it when people get serious and philosophical. :)

Sad truth is that many who claim him have never done what YOU have done. Actually read the Bible.

The Jesus who walked this earth is NOTHING LIKE most who profess to follow him. Sadly it is off-putting to people who get a bad taste as a result.

He was more like you my "non- religious" friend Flippy.

And you know what?

They would call him WOKE my friend. :)

That said I do know people are getting tired of it and this is a football forum so I'm done with the topic.

Can I get an "amen" on that from WindyCitySteel and Feltdizz? :)

Prowler
04-24-2022, 03:36 PM

Your accusation that I was the one that started labeling people in this thread is 100% false. It wasn't me that started it and I can prove it. It was every single person that responded to my first comments in the thread in post #20, except for flippy.

My first comments in post #20 never labeled a single person on these forums. In post #21, feltdizz started the labeling process. It continued with post #24 and Windy City Steel, #26 Buzz Nuter, #27 Steeler of DeVille #31 Fla Steel #67 Steel Mafia #68 Captain Lemming #84 Mr. Wizard #108 Bittsburgh. Each one of these posters labeled me first without any provocation from me, even though I never stated anything about them beforehand or commented about them.

Go look through the thread, I want you to than you can come back and apologize to me for your false statements. It's all there in black and white.

Mr.wizard
04-24-2022, 03:48 PM
Your accusation that I was the one that started labeling people in this thread is 100% false. It wasn't me that started it and I can prove it. It was every single person that responded to my first comments in the thread in post #20, except for flippy.

My first comments in post #20 never labeled a single person on these forums. In post #21, feltdizz started the labeling process. It continued with post #24 and Windy City Steel, #26 Buzz Nuter, #27 Steeler of DeVille #31 Fla Steel #67 Steel Mafia #68 Captain Lemming #84 Mr. Wizard #108 Bittsburgh. Each one of these posters labeled me first without any provocation from me, even though I never stated anything about them beforehand or commented about them.

Go look through the thread, I want you to than you can come back and apologize to me for you false statements. It's all there in black and white.

That wasn't his accusation, he didn't say you were the first one to use a label.

Prowler
04-24-2022, 03:50 PM

My first post was #20 and I never said a bad word about any poster here with my comments contained in that post. It was you who started the labeling game in post #21 calling me a troll. Now you're crying about it. Nothing but a woke liar!

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 04:00 PM

Go look through the thread, I want you to than you can come back and apologize to me for you false statements. It's all there in black and white.

I'd be happy to apologize for my statement if it weren't factual.

First, you get kudos and well deserved commendation and praise. The work and research you've done to FAIL at being correct is indeed impressive!!!

I thank you for providing such an awesome platform to reinforce my point.

For someone who continually pretends to champion "truth" you don't do a good job of speaking it. :)

Allow me to quote the relevant portion of what you contend is false:

My comments are about the "frequency" and "quantity" of labeling. My comment was accurate and fact.

My comment was about the technique of using "labels" to sidestep "substance" of the debate you described so very well.

You sir are indeed the GOAT of that method, hence your ability to describe it so well. :)

(BTW, I never once employed this method against you. I understand if your point is that I came at you first, and don't disagree. We debate here. But I never once used a "label" to sidestep the substance of the argument using the methods described so well by you).

Prowler
04-24-2022, 04:15 PM
That wasn't his accusation, he didn't say you were the first one to use a label.

He pretty much implied that it was all my fault. Any fair and reasonable person can see that. I take exception to it. I never said sh** about any poster until they labeled me first. If you're going to attack me, don't complain about the injustice of it all, when I respond in not such a nice manner.

Only a woke person would think it's okay to attack a person, but then expect that person to remain quiet and than cry when that person isn't nice in return. Sounds like a woke snowflake to me.

Mr.wizard
04-24-2022, 04:25 PM
He pretty much implied that it was all my fault. Any fair and reasonable person can see that. I take exception to it. I never said sh** about any poster until they labeled me first. If you're going to attack me, don't complain about the injustice of it all, when I respond in not such a nice manner.

Only a woke person would think it's okay to attack a person, but then expect that person to remain quiet and than cry when that person isn't nice in return. Sounds like a woke snowflake to me.

Wow you are so dishonest, lol.

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 04:28 PM

I NEVER implied you started anything... just that you are SUPERIOR in using the technique you attribute to others.

That my friend is a compliment. Learn how to accept it graciously. :)

Crying? You think I'm mad about it? The only one whining about being attacked is YOU.

I have in fact INVITED your continued labeling of me as a response to it. :)

I am thoroughly enjoying the debate my friend. It is nothing but fun when you are WINNING. :)

I just called you out on the hypocrisy of YOU whining about labeling when you are a JEDI MASTER of the method. :)

Eddie Spaghetti
04-24-2022, 04:45 PM
i can say with almost 100% certainty that anyone who uses the word woke this much is a little b!tch ass baby

NorthCoast
04-24-2022, 05:00 PM
Just checking in to see if there's an update on the investigation.

Nope.

Carry on.

Mr.wizard
04-24-2022, 05:08 PM
i can say with almost 100% certainty that anyone who uses the word woke this much is a little b!tch ass baby

Lol I was thinking the same thing

Prowler
04-24-2022, 05:13 PM
Wow you are so dishonest, lol.

I'm not dishonest. I've commented and interpreted things in a fair and honest manner. Captain Lemming was playing to the woke mob in trying to make it look like I was the one to blame for all the labeling, when it was 100% all the other posters except flippy who started this game. His goal isn't about fairness. He knows full well that I haven't done more labeling than the others on a person by person basis or that I started it. He also knows that I would address the importance of who started the labeling and it wasn't me. The other stuff is all window dressing and nothing more than character assassination on his part and lacks any real value.

"BuzzNuter"
04-24-2022, 05:28 PM
It appears to me that somebody in this argument is coming across as a teenage girl (ie. 13 year old).
People step back and observe as an onlooker. You will be embarrassed some day by this exchange so end it. Go to bed without your supper.

Prowler
04-24-2022, 05:54 PM

Thank you for taking time to show us how offended your woke self is, by defending the legacy of a man who made poor decisions which resulted in his own demise. Would you like a hug? Perhaps you can schedule a one on one meeting with me, so that I can help you learn to be a better man and a better human like I am. Just PM me.

Prowler
04-24-2022, 06:17 PM
I NEVER implied you started anything... just that you are SUPERIOR in using the technique you attribute to others.

That my friend is a compliment. Learn how to accept it graciously. :)

Crying? You think I'm mad about it? The only one whining about being attacked is YOU.

I have in fact INVITED your continued labeling of me as a response to it. :)

I am thoroughly enjoying the debate my friend. It is nothing but fun when you are WINNING. :)

I just called you out on the hypocrisy of YOU whining about labeling when you are a JEDI MASTER of the method. :)

I don't know about that. Your comments were pretty one side against me. As such any reasonable person could conclude that you were blaming me for everything including starting this fiasco.

I'm not whining about being attacked, but if you're going start attacking me, I don't mind playing in the mud.

The woke always feel like they are winning, because they can appeal to the woke virtue signaling mob who will agree with them. Get them alone in a debate without sidekicks to help them, and they'll be screaming at the sky in no time at all.

Speaking of hypocrisy, you're the very definition of it. You attack me first, but than you feel like an injustice has been done to you when I respond back. (post # sixty eight + 69)

Prowler
04-24-2022, 06:27 PM
It appears to me that somebody in this argument is coming across as a teenage girl (ie. 13 year old).
People step back and observe as an onlooker. You will be embarrassed some day by this exchange so end it. Go to bed without your supper.

Said the woke stalker who is so traumatized by my comments, he keeps following me around hoping to get closure and some form of communication. If I told you to drop to you knees, you'd drop to your knees right in front of me. That is how badly you want my approval. Request denied. lol.

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 09:33 PM
I'm not whining about being attacked, but if you're going start attacking me, I don't mind playing in the mud.

You can't handle the mud bro.

You realize that you literally are WHINING in the quote below FROM THE SAME POST.

I don't know about that. Your comments were pretty one side against me. As such any reasonable person could conclude that you were blaming me for everything including starting this fiasco.

Whine- Captain Lemming is such a meanie. :)

I'm not dishonest. I've commented and interpreted things in a fair and honest manner. Captain Lemming was playing to the woke mob in trying to make it look like I was the one to blame for all the labeling, when it was 100% all the other posters except flippy who started this game. His goal isn't about fairness. He knows full well that I haven't done more labeling than the others on a person by person basis or that I started it. He also knows that I would address the importance of who started the labeling and it wasn't me. The other stuff is all window dressing and nothing more than character assassination on his part and lacks any real value.

Speaking of hypocrisy, you're the very definition of it. You attack me first, but than you feel like an injustice has been done to you when I respond back. (post # sixty eight + 69)

The woke always feel like they are winning, because they can appeal to the woke virtue signaling mob who will agree with them.

Not true, I don't "think" I am winning my friend.

I KNOW I am winning because I just smacked you down WITH YOUR OWN WORDS.

I don't need a woke mob. If YOUR FAMILY saw the beat down you are taking... they would know I'm winning.

Your defeat at my hands is so sound that if I had an audience WHO AGREES WITH YOU, they would be embarrassed at how badly you are being annihilated.

They would bench and replace you with someone who can actual make your case with game that you clearly don't got.

You mentioned post 68? Let's revisit that shall we?

I said:

If WOKE means I can clean your clock intellectually without resorting to the lowest common denominator...feel free to identify me as such :)

Dang... did I just go full PROPHET in that line. :)

Captain Lemming
04-24-2022, 10:03 PM
There is a word for when the someone who "whines" and "labels" in excess of anyone on this.board accuses everyone else of whining and labeling.

It is called projection.

projection
n.
1. in psychoanalytic and psychodynamic theories, the process by which one attributes one’s own individual negative characteristics, affects, and impulses to another person or group.

This is often a defense mechanism in which unpleasant or unacceptable impulses, stressors, ideas, affects, or responsibilities are attributed to others. For example, the defense mechanism of projection enables a person conflicted over expressing anger to change “I hate him” to “He hates me.”

Such defensive patterns are often used to justify prejudice or evade responsibility; in more severe cases, they may develop into paranoid delusions in which, for example, an individual who blames others for his or her problems may come to believe that those others are plotting against him or her.

In classical psychoanalytic theory, projection permits the individual to avoid seeing his or her own faults, but modern usage has largely abandoned the requirement that the projected trait remain unknown in the self.

Prowler
04-24-2022, 11:14 PM
Not true, I don't "think" I am winning my friend.

I KNOW I am winning because I just smacked you down WITH YOUR OWN WORDS.

I don't need a woke mob. If YOUR FAMILY saw the beat down you are taking... they would know I'm winning.

Your defeat at my hands is so sound that if I had an audience WHO AGREES WITH YOU, they would be embarrassed at how badly you are being annihilated.

They would bench and replace you with someone who can actual make your case with game that you clearly don't got.

You're nothing but a phony Christian and a hypocrite, who doesn't practice the word of God. You ought to be the one who is embarrassed by your own actions and your shallow faith as a modern day charlatan. Let's see what the bible says about your boasting and bragging comments that you made above.

James 4:16 But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; ALL SUCH BOASTING IS EVIL

Proverbs 27:2 Let another praise you, and not your own mouth A stranger, AND NOT YOUR OWN LIPS

An evil phony Christian, yeah you're really winning Captain Lemming!

Captain Lemming
04-25-2022, 12:14 AM
James 4:16 But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; ALL SUCH BOASTING IS EVIL

Proverbs 27:2 Let another praise you, and not your own mouth A stranger, AND NOT YOUR OWN LIPS

tou·ché
/to͞oˈSHā/
exclamation
used as an acknowledgment during a discussion of a good or clever point made at one's expense by another person.

I talk smack here in fun but I surrender to your use of verse. You are indeed correct. I got carried away and needed to turn it down. It actually got to be mean spirited and I apologize for that. Thank you for the much deserved humbling. :)

Bawb the Revelator
04-25-2022, 03:19 AM
tou·ché
/to͞oˈSHā/
exclamation
used as an acknowledgment during a discussion of a good or clever point made at one's expense by another person.

I talk smack here in fun but I surrender to your use of verse. You are indeed correct. I got carried away and needed to turn it down. It actually got to be mean spirited and I apologize for that. Thank you for the much deserved humbling. :)

Respected Cap'n Lemming: As an "O.G." veteran of StillerNation when it was still AOL's Grandstand, relax! SN was a seriously guts ball Steeler site which every day lived up [or down?] to its Dallas, TX ER Room MD Founder's maxim: "Wear a cup!" I wouldn't sweat or regret jack **** to judge from my brief time here. Best, :)

brothervad
05-23-2022, 05:30 PM
I almost dread posting this link but it will be posted regardless.

Please remember that gloating over being right doesn't make you "non-woke"

Guy died way too young made many mistakes and left a widow and child behind.

I will not cast the first stone.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-dwayne-haskins-drunk-ketomine-death

May God bless his soul.

whisper
05-23-2022, 06:03 PM

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-dwayne-haskins-drunk-ketomine-death

May God bless his soul.

That's just sad. No sense driving if you are under the influence of stuff like that.

Northern_Blitz
05-23-2022, 06:06 PM

May God bless his soul.

Not too surprising given the circumstances of his death IMO.

If anything, I think it makes it more tragic. Lost everything because of a stupid decision he probably wouldn't have made if not under the influence.

Buzz
05-23-2022, 06:13 PM

May God bless his soul.

Pray for his family.

Prowler
05-23-2022, 06:20 PM
Thankfully the Steelers didn't commit long term to this addict idiot. Like I always say, if you make bad decisions even worse things will happen to you. This guy right here me (Prowler), had Haskins listed as the 8th laziest Steeler of the last 20 years. I've very proud of myself for being such a good judge of character. You can all bow down to me and give me kudos now!

BURGH86STEEL
05-23-2022, 06:23 PM
Thankfully the Steelers didn't commit long term to this addict idiot. Like I always say, if you make bad decisions even worse things will happen to you. This guy right here me (Prowler), had Haskins listed as the 8th laziest Steeler of the last 20 years. I've very proud of myself for being such a good judge of character. You can all bow down to me and give me kudos now!

There is simply not something not right with you. You shouldn't even be allowed to post on this forum.

Buzz
05-23-2022, 06:28 PM

Enjoy your kudos. I'm going to grieve for the family. It's a hard thing to lose a father, husband, brother, son ... especially when he's only 24. :(

Prowler
05-23-2022, 06:32 PM
There is simply not something not right with you. You shouldn't even be allowed to post on this forum.

Why, did I hurt your feelings? Am I suppose to feel sorry for a guy who got in a bar fight, then drove intoxicated on a highway endangering everyone's life driving around with an equally inebriated woman who wasn't his wife? Than the fool runs out of gas and tries to cross a busy highway in the dark having the speed of a turtle.

feltdizz
05-23-2022, 06:39 PM

The amount of attention needed by some people.. smh.

WindyCitySteel
05-23-2022, 07:04 PM
Prowler and Gil Brandt right now...

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2223897/wrestling-gif-3.gif

Gus
05-23-2022, 07:21 PM
Why, did I hurt your feelings? Am I suppose to feel sorry for a guy who got in a bar fight, then drove intoxicated on a highway endangering everyone's life driving around with an equally inebriated woman who wasn't his wife? Than the fool runs out of gas and tries to cross a busy highway in the dark having the speed of a turtle.
Be a better human

Eddie Spaghetti
05-23-2022, 07:49 PM
i seriously doubt he knows how

Captain Lemming
05-23-2022, 07:55 PM
Be a better human

You do know he is enjoying your reaction right? He does it SPECIFICALLY to get a rise out of people.

Dont let it bother you.
Just realize that common decency is a learned trait. Just be thankful that you were raised to know better, and realize not everyone has had that opportunity.

BURGH86STEEL
05-23-2022, 08:55 PM
People like you CAN'T hurt my feelings. The people closest to me CAN hurt my feelings.

You are not simply a good person/human being. Yeah, it's really that simple.

Prowler
05-23-2022, 09:07 PM
People like you CAN'T hurt my feelings. The people closest to me CAN hurt my feelings.

You are not simply a good person/human being. Yeah, it's really that simple.

Dude, you supported a drunk driver who had illegal drugs in his system after getting in a bar fight. Haskins was reckless and had no regard for anyone's life. He's no better than Henry Ruggs. Thankfully no innocent person was injured or killed by his actions. You supported this scumbag and not me! You sir are the bad person.

BURGH86STEEL
05-23-2022, 09:09 PM
Dude, you supported a drunk driver who had illegal drugs in his system after getting in a bar fight. Haskins was reckless and had no regard for anyone's life. He's no better than Henry Ruggs. Thankfully no innocent person was injured or killed by his actions. You supported this scumbag and not me! You sir are the bad person.
Pimpin please leave this forum.

NJ-STEELER
05-23-2022, 09:16 PM
Prowler and Gil Brandt right now...

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2223897/wrestling-gif-3.gif

the skins coach and FO as well

Prowler
05-23-2022, 09:50 PM
Pimpin please leave this forum.

Who is Pimpin?

Bawb the Revelator
05-23-2022, 09:55 PM
the skins coach and FO as well

Am I to be Planet Steelers' designated Attorney for the Downtrodden as well as this Website's Senior Paleontologist? I must. Prowler deserves zealous representation despite my entire legal background being one week enrolled at West Los Angeles College of Law. And as the Church Fathers have declared every Spermatozoa is sacred, is not Prowler equally entitled to the same protection? Prowler may say he does not need defending but I say that Prowler's rights are equal
to the least Spermatozoa's. Let the Trial begin.:tt2

https://youtu.be/fUspLVStPbk

Captain Lemming
05-23-2022, 10:29 PM
Am I to be Planet Steelers' designated Attorney for the Downtrodden as well as this Website's Senior Paleontologist? I must. Prowler deserves zealous representation despite my entire legal background being one week enrolled at West Los Angeles College of Law. And as the Church Fathers have declared every Spermatozoa is sacred, is not Prowler equally entitled to the same protection? Prowler may say he does not need defending but I say that Prowler's rights are equal
to the least Spermatozoa's. Let the Trial begin.:tt2

https://youtu.be/fUspLVStPbk

I don't know what kind of Cheech and Chong old school "herbs" you are on but that is some STRONG stuff Rev. :)

Bittspurgh
05-23-2022, 10:45 PM
Who is Pimpin?

Would love to hang out with you at a game this season. What game you going to?

Prowler
05-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Would love to hang out with you at a game this season. What game you going to?

That would be none of them, as my government won't let me cross the border or fly anywhere.

Bittspurgh
05-23-2022, 11:14 PM
That would be none of them, as my government won't let me cross the border or fly anywhere.

Oh word, you da fella with the Monkey Pox? Ok that explains it. You ain't an assh0le, you just infected..get well bruh.

Prowler
05-24-2022, 12:21 AM
Oh word, you da fella with the Monkey Pox? Ok that explains it. You ain't an assh0le, you just infected..get well bruh.

Sure, whatever you think in your fantasy world. Here is a truth pill for you. Haskins was reckless, got in a bar fight, drove high on drugs with 3 times the legal limit of alcohol in his system, could have easily killed someone doing so, yet you mourn for him. Just asking for a friend, are you stupid or just gullible?

Bawb the Revelator
05-24-2022, 01:36 AM
I don't know what kind of Cheech and Chong old school "herbs" you are on but that is some STRONG stuff Rev. :)

Not altogether, Cap'n Lem. I've lost a friend or two who swore they
had the greatest **** ever by smoking it all and staying cold sober.
Honest. That doesn't include four acid trips where I played with the
Bach- and Beethoven-produced colors. And then stopped to calm a
girl who freaked because I didn't freak. Hell, I even hate the taste of
alcohol exactly as my dad did. Cheech and Chong can eat their hearts
out. True, I'm different but so is everyone else. Cheers :)

Bawb the Revelator
05-24-2022, 02:44 AM
I get too impatient to stick with NFL Mocks. After a while my mind glazes over especially when it doesn't affect my life. Until I own a share of Rooney Preferred that includes the Steelers. OTOH finding weird **** like this for my autistic grandson to relate to and enjoy makes my day :)

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#sent/KtbxLvGzcnWGKBZCflTXNbVPwnHlGrVjHg?compose=GTvVlcS DbSMsxXDcSwMJKpcmjXJHpnwQTKzFzXWjDHSlTdhvjTqSdNQtK xchFjCqgNmsTtMpQFBrV&projector=1

feltdizz
05-24-2022, 06:11 AM

this explains a lot.. lmao

WindyCitySteel
05-24-2022, 06:44 AM
this explains a lot.. lmao

Not really, Canada has turned into an authoritarian nightmare the last couple of years. Plenty of folks can't leave.

feltdizz
05-24-2022, 07:22 AM
Not really, Canada has turned into an authoritarian nightmare the last couple of years. Plenty of folks can't leave.

Yes really.

People have really shown their backsides since Covid and requirements.

Feeling trolled by your government? so troll other people online..

WindyCitySteel
05-24-2022, 07:28 AM

Not sure what this means, every response by the WHO/CDC/FDA and governments following them has been resoundingly proven wrong and more deadly. Some are still living an authoritarian nightmare.

Prowler
05-24-2022, 08:46 AM
Yes really.

Feeling trolled by your government? so troll other people online..

What? That makes no sense.

Everything Windy City said above is 100% true. It is an authoritarian nightmare in Canada.

Not to get too political on you but you need to be aware of the agenda of WEF, WHO and Agenda 2030. Like Canada, I believe the USA has signed up for that Pandemic Treaty with the WHO giving the organization full control over your health care in a pandemic. They will be the ones locking you down whenever they want and forcing shots on people. The upcoming lockdowns/restrictions from the Monkey Pox virus will make the Covid ones look like child's play. You won't recognize your country anymore.

I care deeply about Americans and I love your country. This isn't a joke so please be aware of these things so that you can fight the blue helmets and have a plan in for all the craziness that is about to happen soon. And may God bless you, your family and the USA. All the best.

feltdizz
05-24-2022, 08:56 AM
Not sure what this means, every response by the WHO/CDC/FDA and governments following them has been resoundingly proven wrong and more deadly. Some are still living an authoritarian nightmare.

I repeat.. individuals have been showing their backside since Covid started.

Cursing out people at stores, buying pallets of hand sanitizers.. and posting crazy on the internet to get attention.

I’m not surprised one bit Prowler is feeling the effects of an authoritarian govt who makes him feel trapped in his country.

and its a pandemic. There is no right or wrong, we are all in no man’s land regarding what the “right thing to do” is but its like the draft. Hindsight is 20/20.

Prowler
05-24-2022, 09:06 AM
I repeat.. individuals have been showing their backside since Covid started.

Cursing out people at stores, buying pallets of hand sanitizers.. and posting crazy on the internet to get attention.

I’m not surprised one bit Prowler is feeling the effects of an authoritarian govt who makes him feel trapped in his country.

For the record, I would never curse anyone out in a store for exercising their preferred freedom of choice decision when it comes to restrictions/lockdowns/vaccinations. Not sure if you're applying the label of cursing in a store or buying pallets of sanitizer to me, but neither one of those thoughts are actions I would ever take.

feltdizz
05-24-2022, 09:24 AM
For the record, I would never curse anyone out in a store for exercising their preferred freedom of choice decision when it comes to restrictions/lockdowns/vaccinations. Not sure if you're applying the label of cursing in a store or buying pallets of sanitizer to me, but neither one of those thoughts are actions I would ever take.

its just examples of the way people are becoming more aggressive in person and online.

Its not that serious but I do believe the country you are in and the restrictions in place could have something to do with your posting style lately.

You are accusing people of being in the woke mob. Its weird. We are just here to talk football

Prowler
05-24-2022, 10:02 AM
its just examples of the way people are becoming more aggressive in person and online.

Its not that serious but I do believe the country you are in and the restrictions in place could have something to do with your posting style lately.

You are accusing people of being in the woke mob. Its weird. We are just here to talk football

The restrictions have nothing to do with my posting style.

When I post my thoughts on Haskins and get attacked constantly without provocation what else am I suppose to think? Posters could have posted their thoughts without being rude and moved on. They could have ignored me but they didn't. If they don't like the truth about Haskins, this isn't my fault. He was a public figure and as such was fair game for criticism. It wasn't me that drove drunk and high without regard for anyone's safety, that was Haskins. It wasn't me that had no regard for anyone's safety and went out and broke Covid protocols at a strip club while he was with the Redskins. It wasn't me that got into a domestic altercation with his wife that was Haskins.

I honestly don't feel bad for him. I refuse to virtue signal for someone and pretend to show empathy for a guy who had no regard for anybody's safety when he drove drunk. I refuse to be brow beaten by anyone trying to pressure me into changing my thoughts like the woke cancel culture gang would do. That is the bottom line.

KYPITTFAN
05-24-2022, 11:57 AM
People would argue over anything. Why do people feel the need to change others opinions?

Captain Lemming
05-24-2022, 12:46 PM
People would argue over anything. Why do people feel the need to change others opinions?

Because they are wrong. :)

whisper
05-24-2022, 12:52 PM
https://triblive.com/sports/report-steelers-qb-dwayne-haskins-legally-intoxicated-when-struck-killed-in-april/

Repeated info., but he was hammered. I've never even heard of the two drugs he was on. Sound strong.

Ketamine
Medication
Ketamine is a medication primarily used for induction and maintenance of anesthesia. It induces dissociative anesthesia, a trance-like state providing pain relief, sedation, and amnesia.

A "trance-like state with amnesia?" Yea, I'd say that's some strong stuff.

Not to pile on a deceased dude, but I'd say it's safe to say his "maturity" was still an issue. You don't go out driving at .24 and on stuff like ketamine if you've achieved "maturity."

crushedspirit
05-24-2022, 01:50 PM
Sorry, but that report of him being on two types of drugs, and being 3 times over the legal alcohol limit while operating a motor vehicle has changed my opinions. I have very little sympathy for people that choose to drive in that state, as he could have very easily killed others, and only luck prevented it from happening.

whisper
05-24-2022, 02:04 PM
Sorry, but that report of him being on two types of drugs, and being 3 times over the legal alcohol limit while operating a motor vehicle has changed my opinions. I have very little sympathy for people that choose to drive in that state, as he could have very easily killed others, and only luck prevented it from happening.

I still have some sympathy for him and his loved ones, but I'm not "broken hearted" about it. As much disappointed. There were clear signs that this guy was a knucklehead, and it appears he still was at the time of his death. You don't just cut a high 1st round pick after 1 year, but Rivera did just that. He had a lifetime of getting a "pass" because of his athletic skills. But like so many before him (JaMarcus Russell), that pass ends. Unfortunately, in this case, it costed him his life.

Steeler Mafia
05-24-2022, 02:27 PM
... my government won't let me cross the border or fly anywhere.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l4JzhV0NsraSwJTX2/giphy.gif?cid=790b761136636b27b7dce150a06f6caa775b ef85bf74992c&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Prowler
05-24-2022, 03:39 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/l4JzhV0NsraSwJTX2/giphy.gif?cid=790b761136636b27b7dce150a06f6caa775b ef85bf74992c&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Imagine someone cheering on the government for segregating people and taking away a law abiding citizens freedoms and rights. That tolerant person is you Steel Mafia. Be careful what you wish for!

kindlecatsb'ng
05-24-2022, 03:54 PM
While this is not exactly germane to the topic here and in reading through posts lately, I see the term "woke" quite a bit. I do not understand the context of how/why it is used. Some of the explanations on Google didn't help much. Would someone explain how this word is used today?
Thanks much.

Steeler Mafia
05-24-2022, 04:13 PM
Imagine someone cheering on the government for segregating people and taking away a law abiding citizens freedoms and rights. That tolerant person is you Steel Mafia. Be careful what you wish for!

Oh, I'm not cheering the segregation of people (plural), just YOU. I would gladly welcome 25 Cartel associates and/or 15 Syrian terrorists with open arms, and a Macy's Day like parade, rather than seeing YOU cross the boarder. The fact that you yourself cannot step foot in the United States is the best news I have ever read or seen online.

Steeler Mafia
05-24-2022, 04:17 PM
While this is not exactly germane to the topic here and in reading through posts lately, I see the term "woke" quite a bit. I do not understand the context of how/why it is used. Some of the explanations on Google didn't help much. Would someone explain how this word is used today?
Thanks much.

With how it is being used on this forum, basically, if you disagree with Prowler, he considers you as woke.

Northern_Blitz
05-24-2022, 04:22 PM

Seems like it's getting a least a little better.

My parents and in-laws recently drove across the border to the US and back. Tests are no longer required (PCR tests were required for my inlaws trips to the US in Jan and March). But you do need to fill out their "Arrive Can" app. I think this requires that you have a documented quarantine plan and that you track your entry and exit from Canada (but I've never done it myself..so others here might have a better idea of what is actually required).

I've heard reports that they will drop all requirements for travel later in the summer. Hopefully those rumors are true.

I agree that Canada was more draconian than the US (at least vs. here in upstate NY, which was not one of the the most open or most restricted places in the US).

I think that's a consequence of universal health care. I think the Canadian health care system is generally pretty good. But there are good things and bad things to every system. When you put price controls on things, you limit supply. And that's a downside of the Canadian system.

If cities like Toronto / Montreal / Vancouver got hit with covid as bad as NYC did, I think it would have overwhelmed the health care system. I think the government thought the same thing, so they locked things down more tightly than they did here in the US.

NJ-STEELER
05-24-2022, 04:33 PM
https://triblive.com/sports/report-steelers-qb-dwayne-haskins-legally-intoxicated-when-struck-killed-in-april/

Repeated info., but he was hammered. I've never even heard of the two drugs he was on. Sound strong.

A "trance-like state with amnesia?" Yea, I'd say that's some strong stuff.

Not to pile on a deceased dude, but I'd say it's safe to say his "maturity" was still an issue. You don't go out driving at .24 and on stuff like ketamine if you've achieved "maturity."

Its intended use is anesthesia for animals ( cats).

it’s popular with the rave crowd

Prowler
05-24-2022, 04:36 PM
Oh, I'm not cheering the segregation of people (plural), just YOU. I would gladly welcome 25 Cartel associates and/or 15 Syrian terrorists with open arms, and a Macy's Day like parade, rather than seeing YOU cross the boarder. The fact that you yourself cannot step foot in the United States is the best news I have ever read or seen online.

Thanks for showing your true colors. So let me get this straight, you approve of Haskins driving intoxicated, driving stoned, getting in bar fights and endangering people's lives as a result of his carelessness. You also have no problem with endangering lives by welcoming terrorists and drug cartels into communities for the greater good of your wokeism. Swell, you must be the head of Antifa in Louisville. I guess you're at least a somebody now, correction you're at least climbed to the scumbag level. You approve of segregation and you can't show us where you've said I, "cheer for it". Why, because you're a liar, that's why. Better get you're black outfit, black mask and create some anarchy. Heil Mafia!

Steeler Mafia
05-24-2022, 05:11 PM
Thanks for showing your true colors. So let me get this straight, you approve of Haskins driving intoxicated, driving stoned, getting in bar fights and endangering people's lives as a result of his carelessness. You also have no problem with endangering lives by welcoming terrorists and drug cartels into communities for the greater good of your wokeism. Swell, you must be the head of Antifa in Louisville. I guess you're at least a somebody now, correction you're at least climbed to the scumbag level. You approve of segregation and you can't show us where you've said I, "cheer for it". Why, because you're a liar, that's why. Better get you're black outfit, black mask and create some anarchy. Heil Mafia!

Nice try with the generalization. Good to see your posting skills and technique have not changed. Even using the same verbiage. Marvelous! Stay original!

I only approve the fact that you (and only you) cannot come to the United States. I mean, Canada must be beside itself knowing that you can't be a representation in other countries around the world. As for the rest of us, we are all grateful. I hope you enjoy Canada. My enjoyment is knowing you will always be there. However, if you could come to America, MSNBC would hire you in a heartbeat.

By the way, if I'm so "tolerant" (# 219), why is it that I can't tolerate you?

Bawb the Revelator
05-24-2022, 05:23 PM
Nice try with the generalization. Good to see your posting skills and technique have not changed. Even using the same verbiage. Marvelous! Stay original!

I only approve the fact that you (and only you) cannot come to the United States. I mean, Canada must be beside itself knowing that you can't be a representation in other countries around the world. As for the rest of us, we are all grateful. I hope you enjoy Canada. My enjoyment is knowing you will always be there. However, if you could come to America, MSNBC would hire you in a heartbeat.

By the way, if I'm so "tolerant" (# 219), why is it that I can't tolerate you?

My late, great dad taught me that there are limits to what's humorous. You're on your own, Prowler.

BURGH86STEEL
05-24-2022, 05:25 PM
Simple. You break the LAW and you get what you get. That goes for every country and government in the world today.

Laws are generally implemented to protect most Law abiding people or to discourage people from committing criminal offenses.

Prowler
05-24-2022, 05:59 PM
My late, great dad taught me that there are limits to what's humorous. You're on your own, Prowler.

Of course, I'm on my own. I know that you stand with Steel Mafia, I guy who supports bringing terrorism and drug cartels onto American soil. I guy that can't even bring himself to criticize Haskins for getting in a bar fight, and driving on the highway drunk with 3 times the legal limit of alcohol in his system while stoned as well. I know you can't criticize Steel Mafia because you feel sorry for him, that I hurt his feelings telling the truth about Dwayne Haskins. Sad, that you won't do the right thing!

"BuzzNuter"
05-24-2022, 06:07 PM
There are people in this world who are addicts. Addicts on alcohol, heroin, misc. drugs etc. Haskins was one of those people. Some people just got to be high.
I am from the hood, I can count a dozen of my homies from High School who ended up dead or up at the prison up by Penn State(Huntington?), all because they had to get high. They ruined their lives and their families lives. Is it stupid, yes but I don't know why people are like that.
Can we criticize Haskins for his life choices, yes but for his family's sake I would say mourn him for their loss. It's real. I've been there done that.
Prowler lighten up brother nobody wants to hate on you. We just want to talk about the QBs we have who are still alive.

Prowler
05-24-2022, 06:27 PM
There are people in this world who are addicts. Addicts on alcohol, heroin, misc. drugs etc. Haskins was one of those people. Some people just got to be high.
I am from the hood, I can count a dozen of my homies from High School who ended up dead or up at the prison up by Penn State(Huntington?), all because they had to get high. They ruined their lives and their families lives. Is it stupid, yes but I don't know why people are like that.
Can we criticize Haskins for his life choices, yes but for his family's sake I would say mourn him for their loss. It's real. I've been there done that.
Prowler lighten up brother nobody wants to hate on you. We just want to talk about the QBs we have who are still alive.

Seriously, and I say this with respectfully, have you seen all the attacks on me from other posters for having an different opinion on Haskins, or are you just ignoring them because your preferred narrative about him is more important than the truth?

Steeler Mafia
05-24-2022, 06:38 PM
Seriously, and I say this with respectfully, have you seen all the attacks on me from other posters for having an different opinion on Haskins, or are you just ignoring them because your preferred narrative about him is more important than the truth?

WOW! You have a lot of balls to speak of "preferred narrative". I see your new sig. Kind of cut that statement short to fit your "preferred narrative", didn't you? Typical

and the correct phrase is "I say this with respect" not
I say this with respectfully

SMH

Bawb the Revelator
05-24-2022, 06:43 PM
Of course, I'm on my own. I know that you stand with Steel Mafia, I guy who supports bringing terrorism and drug cartels onto American soil. I guy that can't even bring himself to criticize Haskins for getting in a bar fight, and driving on the highway drunk with 3 times the legal limit of alcohol in his system while stoned as well. I know you can't criticize Steel Mafia because you feel sorry for him, that I hurt his feelings telling the truth about Dwayne Haskins. Sad, that you won't do the right thing!

Prowler, writing as a lifetime atheist, Ecclesiastes in the KJV Bible
sums up this subject more appropriately than I ever could:

"3 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace."

Bawb the Revelator
05-24-2022, 07:07 PM
That is why all things cops are supposed to be public knowledge, even though if you have a gob of money, suddenly items are not public knowledge (like the "massage tapes" involving Bob Kraft)."

Bob Kraft's tapes showed that money = justice in 2020 America

Prowler
05-24-2022, 07:10 PM
WOW! You have a lot of balls to speak of "preferred narrative". I see your new sig. Kind of cut that statement short to fit your "preferred narrative", didn't you? Typical

and the correct phrase is "I say this with respect" not

SMH

Not my problem that you came out publicly in support of terrorism in the USA, drug cartels and Dwayne Haskins driving drunk. That was you and NOT me. You expect me to be nice to you when you've been a jerk to me this whole time because you couldn't accept my opinions on Haskins? Too f'n bad! I'll make you a deal how about you don't respond to my comments and I won't respond to you?

Prowler
05-24-2022, 07:20 PM
Prowler, writing as a lifetime atheist, Ecclesiastes in the KJV Bible
sums up this subject more appropriately than I ever could:

"3 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace."

Dude, why are you talking to me? You've already made up your mind that Steel Mafia's support for terrorism, drug cartels and drunk driving is okay and that my thoughts on Dwayne Haskin's bad decisions deserve scorn. GTFO, you clearly lack the morals to do the right thing.

Steeler Mafia
05-24-2022, 07:22 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/329e5f822808fdc91da1f2208fe7e2cd/tenor.gif?itemid=13528287

Prowler
05-24-2022, 07:27 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/329e5f822808fdc91da1f2208fe7e2cd/tenor.gif?itemid=13528287

Yes you are for hating your country so much, that you would bring terrorism into the USA, and drug cartels to fuel addicts like Dwayne Haskins. Like I told you before you're a phony virtue signaler pretending you care about Haskins but than allowing drug cartels into the country to fuel his addictions. The phony empathetic loser is you, Steel Mafia. Congrats you've earned this title!

Bawb the Revelator
05-24-2022, 07:41 PM
You write and spell quite well, Prowler, but I'm curious as to your
reading comprehension. Take your time and get back to us, okay?

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1464837

crushedspirit
05-24-2022, 07:48 PM
Seems like it's getting a least a little better.

My parents and in-laws recently drove across the border to the US and back. Tests are no longer required (PCR tests were required for my inlaws trips to the US in Jan and March). But you do need to fill out their "Arrive Can" app. I think this requires that you have a documented quarantine plan and that you track your entry and exit from Canada (but I've never done it myself..so others here might have a better idea of what is actually required).

I've heard reports that they will drop all requirements for travel later in the summer. Hopefully those rumors are true.

I agree that Canada was more draconian than the US (at least vs. here in upstate NY, which was not one of the the most open or most restricted places in the US).

I think that's a consequence of universal health care. I think the Canadian health care system is generally pretty good. But there are good things and bad things to every system. When you put price controls on things, you limit supply. And that's a downside of the Canadian system.

If cities like Toronto / Montreal / Vancouver got hit with covid as bad as NYC did, I think it would have overwhelmed the health care system. I think the government thought the same thing, so they locked things down more tightly than they did here in the US.

Someone gets it thankfully.

Some just don't understand how close the hospitals in Ontario alone were to being overwhelmed. If the option was left to the populace to spread Covid at will, they would have required military help setting up mobile field hospitals, because triage areas were not equipped to handle the cases that would have multiplied. The country simply wasn't equipped to handle the full onslaught, but some will never have the mental capacity to acknowledge it.

Captain Lemming
05-24-2022, 08:29 PM
The phony empathetic loser is you, Steel Maniac. Congrats you've earned this title!

Do you think Mafia and Maniac are the same dude?

Prowler
05-24-2022, 08:45 PM
Do you think Mafia and Maniac are the same dude?

No I don't. Did I write the wrong name somewhere?

Oops just spotted the mistake. Thank you Lemming for pointing this out. My apologies to Steel Maniac.

Bawb the Revelator
05-24-2022, 08:55 PM
Dude, why are you talking to me? You've already made up your mind that Steel Mafia's support for terrorism, drug cartels and drunk driving is okay and that my thoughts on Dwayne Haskin's bad decisions deserve scorn. GTFO, you clearly lack the morals to do the right thing.

En contraire, mon ami. I put a link to Portugal's drug decriminalization policy for you to read. It works there and it might
in the USA. So I'm not deliberately politicizing a Steeler board. Go
back and read it and we'll communicate. Cheers an' 'at :)

Bawb the Revelator
05-24-2022, 09:06 PM

En contraire, mon ami. I put a link to Portugal's drug decriminalization policy for you to read. It works there and it might
in the USA. So I'm not deliberately politicizing a Steeler board. Go
back and read it and we'll communicate. Cheers an' 'at :)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Db86gWZLy20 :)

Bawb the Revelator
05-24-2022, 11:30 PM
You write and spell quite well, Prowler, but I'm curious as to your
reading comprehension. Take your time and get back to us, okay?

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1464837

I'll even poast [sic] the abstract, Bro Prowler. But you need to
lighten up just a smidge. Poasting [sic] while one's enzymes
are in an uproar is a notorious message board no-no.
Trust a geriatric shrink just once, okay?

ct
On July 1, 2001, a nationwide law in Portugal took effect that decriminalized all drugs, including cocaine and heroin. Under the new legal framework, all drugs were "decriminalized," not "legalized." Thus, drug possession for personal use and drug usage itself are still legally prohibited, but violations of those prohibitions are deemed to be exclusively administrative violations and are removed completely from the criminal realm. Drug trafficking continues to be prosecuted as a criminal offense. While other states in the European Union have developed various forms of de facto decriminalization — whereby substances perceived to be less serious (such as cannabis) rarely lead to criminal prosecution — Portugal remains the only EU member state with a law explicitly declaring drugs to be "decriminalized." Because more than seven years have now elapsed since enactment of Portugal's decriminalization system, there are ample data enabling its effects to be assessed. Notably, decriminalization has become increasingly popular in Portugal since 2001. Except for some far-right politicians, very few domestic political factions are agitating for a repeal of the 2001 law. And while there is a widespread perception that bureaucratic changes need to be made to Portugal's decriminalization framework to make it more efficient and effective, there is no real debate about whether drugs should once again be criminalized. More significantly, none of the nightmare scenarios touted by preenactment decriminalization opponents — from rampant increases in drug usage among the young to the transformation of Lisbon into a haven for "drug tourists" — has occurred. The political consensus in favor of decriminalization is unsurprising in light of the relevant empirical data. Those data indicate that decriminalization has had no adverse effect on drug usage rates in Portugal, which, in numerous categories, are now among the lowest in the EU, particularly when compared with states with stringent criminalization regimes. Although postdecriminalization usage rates have remained roughly the same or even decreased slightly when compared with other EU states, drug-related pathologies — such as sexually transmitted diseases and deaths due to drug usage — have decreased dramatically. Drug policy experts attribute those positive trends to the enhanced ability of the Portuguese government to offer treatment programs to its citizens — enhancements made possible, for numerous reasons, by decriminalization. This report will begin with an examination of the Portuguese decriminalization framework as set forth in law and in terms of how it functions in practice. Also examined is the political climate in Portugal both pre- and postdecriminalization with regard to drug policy, and the impetus that led that nation to adopt decriminalization. The report then assesses Portuguese drug policy in the context of the EU's approach to drugs. The varying legal frameworks, as well as the overall trend toward liberalization, are examined to enable a meaningful comparative assessment between Portuguese data and data from other EU states. The report also sets forth the data concerning drug-related trends in Portugal both pre- and postdecriminalization. The effects of decriminalization in Portugal are examined both in absolute terms and in comparisons with other states that continue to criminalize drugs, particularly within the EU. The data show that, judged by virtually every metric, the Portuguese decriminalization framework has been a resounding success. Within this success lie self-evident lessons that should guide drug policy debates around the world.

Bawb the Revelator
05-24-2022, 11:48 PM
Finally, Bro Prowler, that sick-making Texas shooting today threw me
a bit off my game. Apologies. Hope you'll forgive a sentimental old fart.

Bawb the Revelator
05-24-2022, 11:55 PM
https://triblive.com/sports/on-1st-day-of-steelers-otas-quarterbacks-reflect-on-death-of-dwayne-haskins/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Prowler
05-25-2022, 12:59 AM
Finally, Bro Prowler, that sick-making Texas shooting today threw me
a bit off my game. Apologies. Hope you'll forgive a sentimental old fart.

Okay, I accept you apology, and I would like the apologize as well. You might be an sentimental old fart but I'm a stubborn old fart. So we're even. Let's move on from this bad day and look forward to the better times ahead.

Thank you for the information about the Portuguese policy for decriminalization of all drugs and the results of this idea. It's fascinating and the concept is really quite foreign to me. They claim to have good results in terms of reductions in both STDs and in lowering the rate of death due to drug use.

I really like the fact that Portugal offers treatment programs to addicts. This is the most important step in the rehabilitation process. I was just raising hell with my local health unit about this very issue. They have no treatment programs in place locally and instead they've handed out 60,000 needles in the last year to junkies in the area. My hometown here in St.Thomas is a mess in terms of record high addictions, crime and needles all over the city. I absolutely despise their policy of fueling addictions instead of offering treatment programs.

I think the Portugal's idea is worth looking into but it needs far more research. Decriminalization of drug use would reduce the amount of persons in jail and as such would save the taxpayers a ton of money. If I remember correctly about 20% of prisoners in the USA are in for drug related crimes. I'd be really interested in who gathered this data, how they gathered the data and if there was a special interest group behind this policy. It's crucial information and puts the whole project into context.

If this were to be implemented in your country caution must be taken due to society being a melting pot of divisiveness, most especially in big cities. Take it slow.

Bawb the Revelator
05-25-2022, 01:59 AM
Okay, I accept you apology, and I would like the apologize as well. You might be an sentimental old fart but I'm a stubborn old fart. So we're even. Let's move on from this bad day and look forward to the better times ahead.

Thank you for the information about the Portuguese policy for decriminalization of all drugs and the results of this idea. It's fascinating and the concept is really quite foreign to me. They claim to have good results in terms of reductions in both STDs and in lowering the rate of death due to drug use.

I really like the fact that Portugal offers treatment programs to addicts. This is the most important step in the rehabilitation process. I was just raising hell with my local health unit about this very issue. They have no treatment programs in place locally and instead they've handed out 60,000 needles in the last year to junkies in the area. My hometown here in St.Thomas is a mess in terms of record high addictions, crime and needles all over the city. I absolutely despise their policy of fueling addictions instead of offering treatment programs.

I think the Portugal's idea is worth looking into but it needs far more research. Decriminalization of drug use would reduce the amount of persons in jail and as such would save the taxpayers a ton of money. If I remember correctly about 20% of prisoners in the USA are in for drug related crimes. I'd be really interested in who gathered this data, how they gathered the data and if there was a special interest group behind this policy. It's crucial information and puts the whole project into context.

If this were to be implemented in your country caution must be taken due to society being a melting pot of divisiveness, most especially in big cities. Take it slow.

There are three chances of the USA going Portuguese on drugs:
Slim, None and Fat and Slim scratched. That Church/State wall
was breached in the 50s and NFL F-86 flyovers before each game
are due to the Pentagon having way more money than they know
how to spend. Enjoy the future, Amigo. It all lies dead ahead.... :)

Prowler
05-25-2022, 01:00 PM
There are three chances of the USA going Portuguese on drugs:
Slim, None and Fat and Slim scratched. That Church/State wall
was breached in the 50s and NFL F-86 flyovers before each game
are due to the Pentagon having way more money than they know
how to spend. Enjoy the future, Amigo. It all lies dead ahead.... :)

Lord help me not to be angry. So you went through all that trouble to communicate with me making it sound so urgent, than give me a nothing burger response. :(