PDA

View Full Version : I don't see it (Baker full 90-minute interview)

whisper
04-14-2022, 05:09 PM
I know Cool Shades has been hinting that he wants Baker...I don't see it. He will upset the entire team and for what? If he isn't the starter, he will cause headaches. If he isn't the long term answer, then why bother at all? Immature, baby, me-first, narcissist, what good could come out of signing him other than to bug the Browns for 2 games? Waste of time to even mess with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjj0Y9atQ-w

feltdizz
04-14-2022, 05:15 PM
While I don’t think he is any better than Mitch, maybe our FO does. This has nothing to do with Tomlin either. Our FO makes decisions as a collective. If they see value they will jump at the chance.

Especially if he is affordable. I’ll always toot for a QB with a chip on his shoulder too. Would be hilarious to see Baker shine and win the AFCN as a Steeler.

Buzz
04-14-2022, 05:37 PM
Where was Tomlin hinting that he wanted Baker? I missed it

Chucktownsteeler
04-14-2022, 05:56 PM
Only if he is released. No way I take that salary. However, I don’t think he is much better than MR.

Northern_Blitz
04-15-2022, 04:14 AM
Link where Tomlin is hinting he wants Baker?

Bawb the Revelator
04-15-2022, 04:59 AM
OTOH anyone who can listen to Baker for 90-minutes plus has Industrial Strength endurance :)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-15-2022, 10:25 AM
OTOH anyone who can listen to Baker for 90-minutes plus has Industrial Strength endurance :)

The thought of having to watch this 90 minute clip brings to mind A Clockwork Orange.

feltdizz
04-15-2022, 10:25 AM
Where was Tomlin hinting that he wanted Baker? I missed it

its a rumor some journalist started.. lol.

and I can’t watch a 9 minute interview.. so who the hell thought 90 minutes was a good idea. That isn’t an interview, that’s a documentary.

whisper
04-15-2022, 10:31 AM
its a rumor some journalist started.. lol.

and I can’t watch a 9 minute interview.. so who the hell thought 90 minutes was a good idea. That isn’t an interview, that’s a documentary.

I didn't watch it either, just gave people to opportunity to watch as much as they wanted. I did watch the "gist" of it in other edited takes. If they add this fool to the roster, they know less than I thought. I hope it's just posturing to annoy the Browns.

Steeler Mafia
04-15-2022, 10:33 AM
I can barely watch his commercials, let alone a full interview.

I don't see the interest in him. Money can be better spent elsewhere.

whisper
04-15-2022, 11:25 AM
Link where Tomlin is hinting he wants Baker?

It's been "reported" several times by NFL writers. Take it for what you will. Even if he did "hint" at it, it could be more lame intended "poker play."

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-15-2022, 11:45 AM
It's been "reported" several times by NFL writers. Take it for what you will. Even if he did "hint" at it, it could be more lame intended "poker play."

The unfortunate result of where journalism is today. I believe that Mary Kay Cabot, a Browns reporter, mentioned it once or twice saying that if released the Steelers would pounce on Mayfield. I don't believe she has said anything to back it up. In today's era of social media, people follow up with it and credit the OP. Soon after, people just spread the story with "I'm hearing rumblings" or "several reports" but they all come from the same original source. I don't know that this is the case here but it happens often enough that I don't pay too much attention to all the buzz. The same as when Aditi K reported that the Steelers were about to announce Matthieu a couple of weeks ago and it eventually blew up the same way.

Northern_Blitz
04-15-2022, 12:06 PM

But I've never seen anyone say Tomin in those (probably made up) rumors. Certainly no comments from Tomlin himself, right?

flippy
04-15-2022, 12:10 PM
The unfortunate result of where journalism is today. I believe that Mary Kay Cabot, a Browns reporter, mentioned it once or twice saying that if released the Steelers would pounce on Mayfield. I don't believe she has said anything to back it up. In today's era of social media, people follow up with it and credit the OP. Soon after, people just spread the story with "I'm hearing rumblings" or "several reports" but they all come from the same original source. I don't know that this is the case here but it happens often enough that I don't pay too much attention to all the buzz. The same as when Aditi K reported that the Steelers were about to announce Matthieu a couple of weeks ago and it eventually blew up the same way.

Ive been hearing rumblings that we should all be able to do our own research and come to our own conclusions that make sense for ourselves.

And by hearing, I meant reading random musing online from anonymous sources.

The could be serious. They could be jokes. They could be reputable. Or they could be fan fiction.

Whatever they are, these people come across very confidently. So they must know stuff. And we’ve come to a point where we should believe everything we read online as long as we’re willing to discredit the stuff everyone else reads online.

Several reports back up everything I’ve come to know. You probably wouldn’t be able to access those reports cause you are neither as connected nor as knowledgeable as I am.

The Steelers would be so much better if they just hired me. :)

hawaiiansteel
04-15-2022, 03:37 PM
The unfortunate result of where journalism is today. I believe that Mary Kay Cabot, a Browns reporter, mentioned it once or twice saying that if released the Steelers would pounce on Mayfield. I don't believe she has said anything to back it up.

it's so easy to confuse Mary Kay Cabot and Mike Tomlin :p

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-15-2022, 03:54 PM

It's easy. Tomlin is taller.

Chucktownsteeler
04-16-2022, 11:41 AM

Or Dorothy Fuldhiem.