PDA

View Full Version : Quick - Random thoughts FA/Draft

steeler_george
04-11-2022, 06:03 AM
Monday after Haskins death, RIP.

Although a very quiet week by our FO there were rumours and NFL trends that will effect us.

One of the trends is the move by NO to obtain draft picks to trade up for a QB... I think we are going to get squeezed out of the QB market. I have a feeling Ridder/Howell might be our only options at QB at #20.

On the postive side, a top player is going to slide if 3 QBs are taken early.
(trade up for Hamilton?)

Speaking of Safety... rumors of Steelers in talks/signing Honey Badger and Edmunds stilll surface. Add in Kazee and Harrison as options as the market slowly ( Molases slow) starts to dwindle. Just maybe the FO is ok with Joseph and will look at the draft to replace Edmunds. (Hamilton, Hill, Brisker, Cine all look like great options)

Even if they do sign a SS, I think they want to incorporate a 3 safety D, with Fitz being a wildcard defender.

The cost of having a WR just soared, is signing DJ even now an option? Or are we better off trading him for a 2nd or 3rd and drafting his replacement, and another WR?

Although the cost of WR1 is crazy, the FA market has not moved. Could Fuller AKA Mr. Hope I play 10 games, be a legit option as a the deep threat? He is money when healthy, a game changer. He might be worth the risk, just imagine him freeing up the run game and CC, and Mouth. Question maybe, do we have a QB with that strong of an arm?

Bring on this week...