PDA

View Full Version : Forget the get a QB Crapola and go draft the best DL available

Bawb the Revelator
04-08-2022, 11:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SppMiRPPQ3Q Hayward is in his twilight career years and Tuitt's year off suggests drafting the BPA tout de suite. All the doubt about Trubisky, MR and even Dwayne don't mean one of them doesn't become the Franchise QB for 6 to 10 years. The Steeler Front Office lives off the other 31 Front Offices doing something incredibly stupid. What's worked in the past will work again. Just sayin' :)

Buzz
04-09-2022, 01:50 AM
I'm with you on this, I wouldn't take a QB in rd 1 this year

now watch us move up to get one, and he becomes the next franchise QB -- I would gladly say I was wrong if that happened

Ernie
04-09-2022, 05:46 AM
I'd love for us to take a stud DL in round 1

Bawb the Revelator
04-09-2022, 07:03 AM
"Doing something stupid" may include Tombert as well. I've always had a strong hunch that in the 3018 draft one said "TREMAINE EDWARDS IS ON THE BOARD" ..... exce;pt that it was TERRELLE. We'll never know for sure, will we? :)

Oviedo
04-09-2022, 11:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SppMiRPPQ3Q Hayward is in his twilight career years and Tuitt's year off suggests drafting the BPA tout de suite. All the doubt about Trubisky, MR and even Dwayne don't mean one of them doesn't become the Franchise QB for 6 to 10 years. The Steeler Front Office lives off the other 31 Front Offices doing something incredibly stupid. What's worked in the past will work again. Just sayin' :)

Totally agree

Go Def Line

whisper
04-09-2022, 11:50 AM

What has worked in the past (and by "worked" I mean "winning the Super Bowl," there is no other "worked" as far as most of us are concerned.): franchise QBs drafted high. Bradshaw and Ben. The only two QBs to win rings for us. Does it mean it's the only way to go? No, but it has been the only way we've won rings in the past 50 years. All the years with bargain QBs have netted us nothing. Zilch. All the great Ds and rushing games paired with O'Donnells, Kordells, Bristers, Malones, Stoudts, Tomczaks, Madoxs have netted us a big zero in years. A 25 year gap.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-09-2022, 11:51 AM
If Davis or Wyatt are there, i take them.

otherwise, I’m fully entrenched in “team Corral”

whisper
04-09-2022, 11:53 AM
"Doing something stupid" may include Tombert as well. I've always had a strong hunch that in the 3018 draft one said "TREMAINE EDWARDS IS ON THE BOARD" ..... exce;pt that it was TERRELLE. We'll never know for sure, will we? :)

Well, he was from VA so that was the end of discussion. Cool Shades lives for players from VA.

Oviedo
04-09-2022, 12:00 PM
Well, he was from VA so that was the end of discussion. Cool Shades lives for players from VA.

I give you credit. You are totally committed to stupidity in your takes

Oviedo
04-09-2022, 12:01 PM
If Davis or Wyatt are there, i take them.

otherwise, I’m fully entrenched in “team Corral”

I predict Corral doesn't make it past New Orleans' two picks

SteelerOfDeVille
04-09-2022, 12:03 PM
I predict Corral doesn't make it past New Orleans' two picks
Seems they have all reshuffled in the last week or so. There was a point where it looked like only Willis and Pickett would go in round 1

Iron City Inc.
04-09-2022, 01:29 PM
I would stick to the board and take the best player. I prefer 23 qb class. So in all rounds I want the highest rated guy. We have so many holes and if that would mean drafting a guy like Wr Williams who may not play till November but we got him at 20 when he could have gone around 10 if healthy I'm in.
Not so sure we're not preparing for the long haul so 2022 can take a hit if it helps us long term.

NorthCoast
04-09-2022, 03:48 PM
There's a DL available in every round for the Steelers:

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/lists/2022-nfl-draft-stee-ers-defensive-line-jordan-davis/

The first two would make me smile. The next two make me hmmm....

Steel Maniac
04-09-2022, 04:41 PM
I'd love for us to take a stud DL in round 1

Looks like we’ve got a good shot to get a good one. That would be a great start to our draft if we pull it off.

hawaiiansteel
04-09-2022, 04:47 PM

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/lists/2022-nfl-draft-stee-ers-defensive-line-jordan-davis/

I actually like all 4 of them in the rounds the article suggests.

Bawb the Revelator
04-09-2022, 04:52 PM

I couldn't agree more.

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 09:39 AM
Devonte Wyatt is 24 years old, that takes him off the Steelers' board, fam. Hoping Davis, Olave, or Hamilton drop to 1.20, can always take a QB in round 2 or trade back into round 1.

Northern_Blitz
04-10-2022, 11:09 AM
Devonte Wyatt is 24 years old, that takes him off the Steelers' board, fam. Hoping Davis, Olave, or Hamilton drop to 1.20, can always take a QB in round 2 or trade back into round 1.

I know that this usually seems to be part of our checklist.

But isn't this a year where there are lots of older players in the draft because they lost a year to covid?

If so, it may be that we look at player age a bit differently this draft.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 11:45 AM
Bawb, I fully agree with you. This is an absurdly weak QB class. The only guy remotely interesting to me is Willis. But, even he is a project. Trubisky is the best of this class no doubt in my mind. Why waste a pick on a QB when we have an aging front? Let's see what Trubisky can do with our surrounding cast. He took a bad Bears team to the playoffs. He had little coaching or players with serious skills around him.

NorthCoast
04-10-2022, 12:12 PM

Olave has been sliding. Looking now like 2nd rounder.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 12:25 PM
Olave has been sliding. Looking now like 2nd rounder. My dad and I debated Wilson vs Olave for years. I'm a Wilson fan. He's an Olave fan. IMHO, Olave is a 1b to a strong 2 at the next level. He is smooth in transitions, has terrific speed and strong hands. Will he change games at the next level? IMO no. As much as I like Wilson, I don't see a guy I want to pick in the first. Mainly because I think value for WRs can be found later. He is better than Olave. He is a 1b to a 1 (if coached up). The guy who can change your franchise is Smith-Njiba from tOSU. He is a future HOF WR barring injury. I haven't seen that kind of talent in many many years.

Steel Maniac
04-10-2022, 12:29 PM
My dad and I debated Wilson vs Olave for years. I'm a Wilson fan. He's an Olave fan. IMHO, Olave is a 1b to a strong 2 at the next level. He is smooth in transitions, has terrific speed and strong hands. Will he change games at the next level? IMO no. As much as I like Wilson, I don't see a guy I want to pick in the first. Mainly because I think value for WRs can be found later. He is better than Olave. He is a 1b to a 1 (if coached up). The guy who can change your franchise is Smith-Njiba from tOSU. He is a future HOF WR barring injury. I haven't seen that kind of talent in many many years.

Thanks Shawn ; I appreciate your talent evaluation.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 12:38 PM
Thanks Shawn ; I appreciate your talent evaluation. I appreciate your appreciation. I'm still waiting for the Steelers FO to reach out to me for a scouting job lol. Rooney Jr. hit me up! :)

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 01:21 PM
Bawb, I fully agree with you. This is an absurdly weak QB class. The only guy remotely interesting to me is Willis. But, even he is a project. Trubisky is the best of this class no doubt in my mind. Why waste a pick on a QB when we have an aging front? Let's see what Trubisky can do with our surrounding cast. He took a bad Bears team to the playoffs. He had little coaching or players with serious skills around him.

You have that backwards. The 2018 Bears had the #1 D in the league.

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 01:22 PM
Olave has been sliding. Looking now like 2nd rounder.

Where are you seeing that? I would hope we don't pass on him at 1.20 if he falls that far.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 01:32 PM
You have that backwards. The 2018 Bears had the #1 D in the league. How much talent did he have around him on O? He wen't 11-3 had 3200 yards in passing at a 67% completion rate, 24 TDs and 12 INTs without any skill players around him. He didn't have a single receiver crack 1000 yards and it wasn't even close. Robinson is a 2 at best. I love Cohen but what else did he have?

Shawn
04-10-2022, 01:34 PM
Where are you seeing that? I would hope we don't pass on him at 1.20 if he falls that far. Dear goodness I'm so glad you are not the Steelers GM. I'm a massive Buckeye fan but I wouldn't want either Olave or Wilson in the first.

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 01:48 PM
How much talent did he have around him on O? He wen't 11-3 had 3200 yards in passing at a 67% completion rate, 24 TDs and 12 INTs without any skill players around him. He didn't have a single receiver crack 1000 yards and it wasn't even close. Robinson is a 2 at best. I love Cohen but what else did he have?

Robinson is a fantastic receiver, Trubisky held him back. 6 of his 24 TDs came in one fluke game, most of his success was schemed wide open by the much-maligned Matt Nagy. PFF ranked the Bears OL the 2nd best pass-blocking unit that year, as well.

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 01:52 PM
My dad and I debated Wilson vs Olave for years. I'm a Wilson fan. He's an Olave fan. IMHO, Olave is a 1b to a strong 2 at the next level.

Great route runner + game breaking speed + strong hands is a #2 to you?

The guy who can change your franchise is Smith-Njiba from tOSU. He is a future HOF WR barring injury. I haven't seen that kind of talent in many many years.

Serious question - do you watch the games or just look at the box scores? His stats were better, but he was the 3rd best WR on Ohio State last year.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 02:21 PM
Robinson is a fantastic receiver, Trubisky held him back. 6 of his 24 TDs came in one fluke game, most of his success was schemed wide open by the much-maligned Matt Nagy. PFF ranked the Bears OL the 2nd best pass-blocking unit that year, as well. So you admit he had success under bad coaching and scheme. Robinson isn't a one. I don't care what anyone says. It's like when JuJu boasted big numbers and many hailed him as the next coming. Robinson is a good WR, but it wasn't Mitch that held him back. Robinson is a solid 2. After Robinson in a bad system behind a questionable OL what did he have?

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 02:28 PM
So you admit he had success under bad coaching and scheme. Robinson isn't a one. I don't care what anyone says. It's like when JuJu boasted big numbers and many hailed him as the next coming. Robinson is a good WR, but it wasn't Mitch that held him back. Robinson is a solid 2. After Robinson in a bad system behind a questionable OL what did he have?

That's not what I said. His success was largely because of the scheme that everyone is blaming. And the OL wasn't questionable.

Why are you trying to twist my words to mean the opposite of what I wrote?

Shawn
04-10-2022, 02:29 PM
Great route runner + game breaking speed + strong hands is a #2 to you?

Serious question - do you watch the games or just look at the box scores? His stats were better, but he was the 3rd best WR on Ohio State last year.

LMAO...I am tOSU alum. Who are you? I watch every Buckeye game...even the spring games. I know the Buckeye players better than just about anyone. Let me ask you a question? Who did Wilson and Olave say was the best WR on the Buckeyes? They both without hesitation said Njiba. Another question, when Olave and Wilson didn't play against Utah did Njiba step up? Does 15 catches for 347 yards and 3 TDs sound familiar to you? Olave is a really good WR. But, you can find similar talent in the 3rd. Do not ever select a WR in the first unless they can't consistently change the game. Wilson is better than Olave. Njiba is better than Wilson. Not even Wilson disagrees with that.

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 02:33 PM
LMAO...I am tOSU alum. Who are you? I watch every Buckeye game...even the spring games. I know the Buckeye players better than just about anyone. Let me ask you a question? Who did Wilson and Olave say was the best WR on the Buckeyes? They both without hesitation said Njiba. Another question, when Olave and Wilson didn't play against Utah did Njiba step up? Does 15 catches for 347 yards and 3 TDs sound familiar to you? Olave is a really good WR. But, you can find similar talent in the 3rd. Do not ever select a WR in the first unless they can't consistently change the game. Wilson is better than Olave. Njiba is better than Wilson. Not even Wilson disagrees with that.

Again with the stats.

List out Njigba's traits and how they compare to Wilson and Olave.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 02:33 PM
https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2021/08/124326/garrett-wilson-says-jaxon-smith-njigba-is-probably-the-best-i-ve-ever-seen-at-wide-receiver

Shawn
04-10-2022, 02:36 PM
Again with the stats.

List out Njigba's traits and how they compare to Wilson and Olave. I don't owe you a scouting break down. Do your own work. Again who are you? It's says you have been here since 2011 but I can't remember a single thought provoking post from you. Copy paste that link above and see what Wilson thinks. I mean you are sharper than the WR who plays with Njiba? Njiba is the next great NFL WR. I stake my entire scouting reputation on it.

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 02:38 PM
https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2021/08/124326/garrett-wilson-says-jaxon-smith-njigba-is-probably-the-best-i-ve-ever-seen-at-wide-receiver

Olave and Wilson are being good teammates. There's a reason JS-N played slot last year.

Steel Maniac
04-10-2022, 02:45 PM
Olave and Wilson are being good teammates. There's a reason JS-N played slot last year.

This is another “time will tell” situation. Just hold your points & post gentlemen and in a couple of years you can approach the discussion with actual facts.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 02:49 PM
Olave and Wilson are being good teammates. There's a reason JS-N played slot last year. LMAO, yes the same reason a chump like JT Barrett would start over Dwayne Haskins. I watched and knew hands down Haskins was the better talent and it wasn't even close. As I said, I watch all games including spring games. Meyers like many college coaches are politicians. If a solid starter a first round future pick gets bumped for an underclassman how does that help recruiting? Njiba is the next NFL star. He has it all. He has incredible speed and quickness, near perfect hands, his route running absurd. They guy breaks ankles. And as the "3rd best WR" on the Buckeyes he had 1600+ yards. Are you kidding me right now? You lose credibility with every word you write.

Steel Maniac
04-10-2022, 02:54 PM
LMAO, yes the same reason a chump like JT Barrett would start over Dwayne Haskins. I watched and knew hands down Haskins was the better talent and it wasn't even close. As I said, I watch all games including spring games. Meyers like many college coaches are politicians. If a solid starter a first round future pick gets bumped for an underclassman how does that help recruiting? Njiba is the next NFL star. He has it all. He has incredible speed and quickness, near perfect hands, his route running absurd. They guy breaks ankles. And as the "3rd best WR" on the Buckeyes he had 1600+ yards. Are you kidding me right now? You lose credibility with every word you write.

Shawn is arguably this sites #1 talent scout. I can actually say Shawn is right about 95% of the time; which is better than most NFL guys!! Lol.

If Shawn says a guy is legit , I’d give the player in question that benefit of the doubt until I see different.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 02:56 PM
This is another “time will tell” situation. Just hold your points & post gentlemen and in a couple of years you can approach the discussion with actual facts. The facts are these. Wilson wouldn't throw himself and Olave under the bus by saying Njiba is the best he has ever seen for "being a good teammate". He has his own draft pick to think about. Next year I suspect Njiba will eclipse 2000 yards. I mean as the "3rd WR" he is 43rd in all time NCAA yards in a season.

Steel Maniac
04-10-2022, 02:56 PM
LMAO, yes the same reason a chump like JT Barrett would start over Dwayne Haskins. I watched and knew hands down Haskins was the better talent and it wasn't even close. As I said, I watch all games including spring games. Meyers like many college coaches are politicians. If a solid starter a first round future pick gets bumped for an underclassman how does that help recruiting? Njiba is the next NFL star. He has it all. He has incredible speed and quickness, near perfect hands, his route running absurd. They guy breaks ankles. And as the "3rd best WR" on the Buckeyes he had 1600+ yards. Are you kidding me right now? You lose credibility with every word you write.

I want Njiba in black & gold.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 03:09 PM
Shawn is arguably this sites #1 talent scout. I can actually say Shawn is right about 95% of the time; which is better than most NFL guys!! Lol.

If Shawn says a guy is legit , I’d give the player in question that benefit of the doubt until I see different. I appreciate your confidence. I haven't been as active with my scouting reports due to having two jobs during COVID and massive life changes on my end. But, I'm starting to get some free time and getting excited again about scouting players. I have zero doubts about Njiba. This is a guy you move up in the draft to get. He will change the face of your franchise much like Chase for the Bengals who I also loved. Chase is so hard to cover. Neither Wilson or Olave are that guy. Both will be very successful pros. But, neither are guys who couldn't be found later in the draft. If anyone blows up the NFL it will be Wilson. But, personally I see him more as the most dominant slot in the NFL. I do not see him as an X. Olave is a smooth route runner but he doesn't have the IT. I can't explain it I just know it when I see it. Olave will be a successful 2. He has a nice career ahead of him.

Steel Maniac
04-10-2022, 03:22 PM
The facts are these. Wilson wouldn't throw himself and Olave under the bus by saying Njiba is the best he has ever seen for "being a good teammate". He has his own draft pick to think about. Next year I suspect Njiba will eclipse 2000 yards. I mean as the "3rd WR" he is 43rd in all time NCAA yards in a season.

I hear you; what I meant was when these guys hit the pros. It’s obvious the college stats are not impressing him and he just cares about what they do at the pro level.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 03:24 PM
I want Njiba in black & gold. With a solid QB he would win us many games and change the face of our franchise. In 2006, days before the draft before this message board back at the Trib I predicted we would move up in the draft to grab Santonio Holmes. I suggested he would change the face of the franchise and win us a SB. Thats when everyone was drooling over Ted Ginn Jr. I said Ginn is a 4th round talent at best. Njiba eclipses Holmes in every way.

Steel Maniac
04-10-2022, 03:30 PM
With a solid QB he would win us many games and change the face of our franchise. In 2006, days before the draft before this message board back at the Trib I predicted we would move up in the draft to grab Santonio Holmes. I suggested he would change the face of the franchise and win us a SB. Thats when everyone was drooling over Ted Ginn Jr. I said Ginn is a 4th round talent at best. Njiba eclipses Holmes in every way.

Good enough for me!!!

Shawn
04-10-2022, 03:31 PM
I hear you; what I meant was when these guys hit the pros. It’s obvious the college stats are not impressing him and he just cares about what they do at the pro level. WRs are so much easier to evaluate than QBs. When they have the IT, it pops off the screen. Chase had the IT. Njiba has the IT. I don't need to see him in the pros to know hes a freak of nature. I mean take a look at ABs film from Central Michigan. How could scouts possibly miss that? I mean he was absurd. The way he got in and out of routes was breathtaking. Honestly, I had never heard of him until we drafted him. As soon as I studied him I knew he was a star. Njiba is that good, maybe better without the drama.

hawaiiansteel
I can actually say Shawn is right about 95% of the time

which makes Shawn the exact opposite of you since you're wrong about 95% of the time.

Shawn
Good enough for me!!! Where do you see Njiba going in this draft ? What round? He won't be out until 2023. He will land in the top 8.

hawaiiansteel
04-10-2022, 03:37 PM
Good enough for me!!!Where do you see Njiba going in this draft ? What round?

you don't even know that Njiba isn't in this draft class :roll:

Steel Maniac
04-10-2022, 03:42 PM
He won't be out until 2023. He will land in the top 8.

I was afraid you were going to say that. LOL. But that’s what I meant when I said a couple of years because it where he gets drafted , coupled with who the QB will be will help determine a lot. Thanks Shawn.

hawaiiansteel
04-10-2022, 03:53 PM
Good enough for me!!!Where do you see Njiba going in this draft ? What round?

damn you're slow.

Wilson and Olave will both be drafted in the first round this year and Shawn is saying Njiba is better than both of them.

what round do you expect him to be drafted next season? :roll:

Shawn
04-10-2022, 03:58 PM
I was afraid you were going to say that. LOL. But that’s what I meant when I said a couple of years because it where he gets drafted , coupled with who the QB will be will help determine a lot. Thanks Shawn. Njiba is the guy I want to move up in the draft to get IF Trubisky evolves into our franchise QB.

Steel Maniac
04-10-2022, 04:21 PM
Njiba is the guy I want to move up in the draft to get IF Trubisky evolves into our franchise QB.

Well, under Colbert, we didn’t trade up often. So we got a better chance of doing that with a new GM.

hawaiiansteel
04-10-2022, 04:25 PM
Njiba is the guy I want to move up in the draft to get IF Trubisky evolves into our franchise QB.

it's gonna be pretty expensive to move up from #32 into the top 8 :D

Shawn
04-10-2022, 04:27 PM
it's gonna be pretty expensive to move up from #32 into the top 8 :D .....Indeed :)

Steel Maniac
04-10-2022, 04:33 PM
Shawn , what’s your first round prediction?

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 05:42 PM
I don't owe you a scouting break down. Do your own work. Again who are you? It's says you have been here since 2011 but I can't remember a single thought provoking post from you. Copy paste that link above and see what Wilson thinks. I mean you are sharper than the WR who plays with Njiba? Njiba is the next great NFL WR. I stake my entire scouting reputation on it.

:D :D :D

I'm an OSU grad who's been watching them since before you were born, if I had to guess. Great NFL WRs are born every year.

The fact that you can't name a defining trait about Smith-Njigba is telling - you already listed three for Olave that make him a bonafide #1. You can't even spell his name right, which is already a ding against your scouting reputation.

JSN is a good player who piled up huge numbers in the slot of a wide open offense with two top ten draft picks hogging the coverage. I hope he develops to eventually be better than Wilson and Olave, which would be good for the Buckeyes.

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 05:48 PM
Wait, Shawn is the site's "super scout" and he still thinks Trubisky could develop into our next franchise QB?

:roll:

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 06:21 PM
Imagine thinking this guy doesn't have "it"...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=551933638873586

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZJEis5cec4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ibN8Hv_VA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR94Jy336eA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Fz9DIjq_s

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/32514106

https://twitter.com/OhioStateOnBTN/status/1444397488849309698

Shawn
04-10-2022, 07:15 PM
Shawn , what’s your first round prediction? If Willis is there I don't believe the Steelers passing on him. I want the Steelers to grab Wyatt if he is there. My opinion of what they should do and theirs is probably much different. By all reports including insiders the Steelers are grabbing a first round QB which I believe to be a mistake.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 07:21 PM
:D :D :D

I'm an OSU grad who's been watching them since before you were born, if I had to guess. Great NFL WRs are born every year.

The fact that you can't name a defining trait about Smith-Njigba is telling - you already listed three for Olave that make him a bonafide #1. You can't even spell his name right, which is already a ding against your scouting reputation.

JSN is a good player who piled up huge numbers in the slot of a wide open offense with two top ten draft picks hogging the coverage. I hope he develops to eventually be better than Wilson and Olave, which would be good for the Buckeyes.

Since before I was born huh lol ok. How old do you believe I am? Are you that salty in your britches? What you believe about my "scouting reputation" means nothing to me. Njigba shined brightest when neither of those guys were on the field against some of the best competition in the nation. He was hands down the best WR on the field last year just like Haskins was better than Barrett yet still didn't start over Barrett.

Let me ask you a question, it states you have been posting here for over 10 years. Why don't I remotely remember you?

Shawn
04-10-2022, 07:24 PM
Wait, Shawn is the site's "super scout" and he still thinks Trubisky could develop into our next franchise QB?

:roll: When did I ever call Trubisky our next franchise QB? I mean if you are going to debate do so with some integrity and honesty. I think Trubisky has tools that can be developed. I believe he can be good enough with the right tools around him to take us into the playoffs and keep us competitive. When you make statements up, arguing against them and rolling your eyes its just makes you look juvenile.

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 07:49 PM
Since before I was born huh lol ok. How old do you believe I am? Are you that salty in your britches? What you believe about my "scouting reputation" means nothing to me. Njigba shined brightest when neither of those guys were on the field against some of the best competition in the nation.

Are you talking about Utah's 77th ranked defense? You don't know anything about college football, do you.

He was hands down the best WR on the field last year just like Haskins was better than Barrett yet still didn't start over Barrett.

Keep saying it, only louder each time, and eventually it will be true.

Let me ask you a question, it states you have been posting here for over 10 years. Why don't I remotely remember you?

No idea, I'm still trying to find out why you're so bad at evaluating WRs.

WindyCitySteel
04-10-2022, 07:52 PM
When did I ever call Trubisky our next franchise QB?

I didn't say you said that. You're very adept at twisting words. I was commenting on these words that you wrote:

Someone's telling on themselves:

I mean if you are going to debate do so with some integrity and honesty.

Bawb the Revelator
04-10-2022, 08:29 PM

Thanks, Shawn. First I hope the Steelers DON'T DRAFT a QB before Brady Zappe in the 4th or 5th to "honor" Dwayne Haskins. I'd like to see if Trubisky can be QB1 for 5 to 6 years, the approximate prime years span for Minka and T.J. If so, sound Drafts, respectable FAs plus predictable but unexplainable cluster****s by the other 31 franchises means the future will take care of itself. :)

Shawn
04-10-2022, 11:38 PM
Are you talking about Utah's 77th ranked defense? You don't know anything about college football, do you.

Keep saying it, only louder each time, and eventually it will be true.

No idea, I'm still trying to find out why you're so bad at evaluating WRs.

You seem to have your feathers ruffled...lol. I haven't missed on a WR. Name one. I've missed on one RB and that was Maurice Clarett and that wasn't because of talent it was because he was off in the head and an alcoholic. I'm shocked members here don't still ride me about that one lol. I have missed on several QBs. But, most do. Listen, you seem to be taking this message board a little too seriously. I'm not getting paid to scout. Some members here seem to enjoy my insights and opinions. So, I give them. You clearly don't. So, just move on. Only bit****, hold grudges and stir up drama.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 11:45 PM
I didn't say you said that. You're very adept at twisting words. I was commenting on these words that you wrote:

Listen I don't do drama. Only women do that. Just scroll up a bit and see where you claimed I said he is the Steelers next franchise QB. I never said that. I said IF. I truly don't know what the guy has. I know he's a big dude with a big arm who hasn't played up to expectations. But, in the right organization surrounded by talent with the right coaching who knows? I want to be hopeful so we don't have to waste picks trying to find our next big QB. Listen, you have been here 10+ years and I honestly didn't even know you existed until today. If you don't like my posts move on.

Shawn
04-10-2022, 11:52 PM
Thanks, Shawn. First I hope the Steelers DON'T DRAFT a QB before Brady Zappe in the 4th or 5th to "honor" Dwayne Haskins. I'd like to see if Trubisky can be QB1 for 5 to 6 years, the approximate prime years span for Minka and T.J. If so, sound Drafts, respectable FAs plus predictable but unexplainable cluster****s by the other 31 franchises means the future will take care of itself. :) You're welcome and I appreciate your insights. You seem to have a good pulse on the organization and football in general. I agree with you completely when it comes to hoping for the best with Trubisky. It allows us to repair an aging DL and a subpar OL. Football is won in the trenches.

NorthCoast
04-11-2022, 07:34 AM
That's not what I said. His success was largely because of the scheme that everyone is blaming. And the OL wasn't questionable.
Why are you trying to twist my words to mean the opposite of what I wrote?His success was also because the Bears played by far the weakest schedule in the league in 2018. Believe me, I've been searching for the positives to MT's game and it's very hard to sort through all the ish to say whether he's got 'it'. He's probably the Steelers best QB right now but how much he moves the needle is still an open question. And my concern is the Steelers OL may be marginally better than the Bears, and Canada may be marginally better or worse than Nagy. MT is not stepping into an ideal situation this season.

feltdizz
04-11-2022, 09:02 AM

He said IF Mitch turns out to be a franchise QB.

He isn’t predicting it, he is hoping for it.

It sure looks like you are itching for a scratch.

flippy
04-11-2022, 09:51 AM
Since before I was born huh lol ok. How old do you believe I am?

He could be giving Gil Brandt a run for his money.

I think he was putting himself somewhere in his 70s or 80s??

WindyCitySteel
04-11-2022, 10:00 AM
He said IF Mitch turns out to be a franchise QB.

He isn’t predicting it, he is hoping for it.

It sure looks like you are itching for a scratch.

The Steelers don't even think he's going to be their next franchise QB. Shawn seemed to be constructing a pretty passionate defense, blaming everyone but Trubisky for his struggles in Chicago.

Shawn
04-11-2022, 10:10 AM
He could be giving Gil Brandt a run for his money.

I think he was putting himself somewhere in his 70s or 80s?? Well that makes sense then. He is senile. All forgiven. :)

Shawn
04-11-2022, 10:13 AM
The Steelers don't even think he's going to be their next franchise QB. Shawn seemed to be constructing a pretty passionate defense, blaming everyone but Trubisky for his struggles in Chicago. A passionate defense? Do you just make stuff up in your head or is it intentional misrepresentation? I think by all accounts Trubisky was in a less than an ideal situation as a young QB. I HOPE he turns out to be a great QB for the Steelers. I HOPE we don't need to waste picks looking for a QB as outside of Ben we do not have a good track record for picking QBs. I HOPE with better coaching and better skill players he grows into a solid QB for the Steelers.

feltdizz
04-11-2022, 10:15 AM
The Steelers don't even think he's going to be their next franchise QB. Shawn seemed to be constructing a pretty passionate defense, blaming everyone but Trubisky for his struggles in Chicago.

We have no idea what the future holds which is why he said IF.

I know its foreign for negative people to see someone hope for the best when it comes to a player or franchise move but it has just as much of a chance of happening as something bad. Mitch may not be the answer but its okay for someone to have a scenario where it works out.

You sound threatened by the idea of Mitch working out… lol.

WindyCitySteel
04-11-2022, 10:28 AM
We have no idea what the future holds which is why he said IF.

I know its foreign for negative people to see someone hope for the best when it comes to a player or franchise move but it has just as much of a chance of happening as something bad. Mitch may not be the answer but its okay for someone to have a scenario where it works out.

You sound threatened by the idea of Mitch working out… lol.

I'd love for Mitch to work out, but it's not like we have "no idea" how he's going to turn out. One can form a pretty educated guess based on his past experience and the general history of QBs resurrecting their careers elsewhere. Add in the Steelers thorough scouting of this QB class and it seems they feel the same way.

At best this is a spin of the roulette wheel.

Oviedo
04-11-2022, 10:48 AM

I don't recall Sean or anyone ever saying he will have a career to match Brady, Ben, Manning, etc...or any other "franchise QB". So that is a completely false statement on your part in an attempt to create another negative narrative.

What has been said about Trubisky by several, including myself, is that he could become a solid starter like Carr, Prescott, or Cousins.

Steel Maniac
04-11-2022, 10:56 AM
I'd love for Mitch to work out, but it's not like we have "no idea" how he's going to turn out. One can form a pretty educated guess based on his past experience and the general history of QBs resurrecting their careers elsewhere. Add in the Steelers thorough scouting of this QB class and it seems they feel the same way.

At best this is a spin of the roulette wheel.

Windy, stop being so negative and give Trubisky a " wait and see". :tt2 Come on dude. Lighten up. :tt2

Chucktownsteeler
04-11-2022, 10:58 AM
I hoping for the best for both Mitch and Mason. If they succeed the Steelers succeed.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-11-2022, 11:10 AM
I appreciate your confidence. I haven't been as active with my scouting reports due to having two jobs during COVID and massive life changes on my end. But, I'm starting to get some free time and getting excited again about scouting players.
well... best OSU scout anyway...:twisted:

WindyCitySteel
04-11-2022, 11:12 AM
I don't recall Sean or anyone ever saying he will have a career to match Brady, Ben, Manning, etc

I don't recall ever saying Sean [sic] said that.

So that is a completely false statement on your part in an attempt to create another negative narrative.

Are you looking in the mirror as you say that?

feltdizz
04-11-2022, 11:49 AM
Windy, stop being so negative and give Trubisky a " wait and see". :tt2 Come on dude. Lighten up. :tt2

oh the irony… lol

:tt2

Steel Maniac
04-11-2022, 11:59 AM
oh the irony… lol

Please read my sig; Tomlin has been given over a decade. Trubisky hasn't taken a snap yet. There is no irony. Let's not start this up again.

hawaiiansteel
04-11-2022, 02:42 PM
oh the irony… lol

Steel Maniac is so obtuse he doesn't recognize how ironic that truly is.

feltdizz
04-11-2022, 03:08 PM
please read my sig; tomlin has been given over a decade. Trubisky hasn't taken a snap yet. There is no irony. Let's not start this up again.

oh, the irony..

Eddie Spaghetti
04-11-2022, 05:05 PM
Shawns contributions and his evaluations of OSU talent are almost always spot on

guys like him are what makes this site even remotely interesting

Steel Maniac
04-11-2022, 09:06 PM
Shawns contributions and his evaluations of OSU talent are almost always spot on

That's a great way of putting it Eddie. Thanks.

hawaiiansteel
04-11-2022, 11:55 PM
Please read my sig

I just did, and I have to say it's the stupidest thing I have ever read.

why wouldn't you use an example of a team that actually won a Super Bowl after firing their coach instead of the Dolphins who haven't sniffed anything even close to a Lombardi ever since getting rid of Shula?

WindyCitySteel
04-12-2022, 07:55 AM

I'm sure they are, I just disagree with his recent ones on their WRs. Can you share some of his previous OSU takes? I probably agree with many.

Oviedo
04-12-2022, 08:16 AM

totally agree…one of the good guys

Shawn
04-17-2022, 01:19 AM
well... best OSU scout anyway...:twisted: lol...I'll take it. Now convince the Steelers to pay me. :)

Shawn
04-17-2022, 01:36 AM
I'm sure they are, I just disagree with his recent ones on their WRs. Can you share some of his previous OSU takes? I probably agree with many. If you disagreed you would be wrong, There is a search function. Look it up for yourself. So, lay it out there WCS. What do you believe about Olave and Wilson? What do you personally believe their futures to look like in the NFL? I am honestly curious. Why do you believe either of these guys to be the superior talent to Njigba outside of who started? Personally, I wouldn't take Olave or Wilson at 20. Both are terrific WRs who will have very good NFL careers. But for me? This is just me. I see WRs like RBs. Don't draft one in the first unless they are game changers on a different level. Personally, I think Njigba and Harrison Jr. will make a better duo. I see more raw talent. What I like about Olave is that he far outplayed his three star HS rating. I love me an underdog. But, he isn't a 1A. I said this about JuJu too since we drafted him. Wilson could become that but he needs coached up. But, realistically I see him more of a 1B or a dominant slot. You were asking about breakdowns of film or what not. Provide your insights that don't come from a website you read. And maybe we can have something to talk about.

Shawn
04-17-2022, 02:32 AM
For the record, I think Wilson could be what Terry Glenn never fully realized in the pros. I think that's what the scouts are seeing. I see a guy with elite quick twitch, and amazing hands. IMHO, he isn't a great route runner. He has relied upon being more athletic than his opposing DB to make his career. If I was coaching him, it would be purely on route running. He was sloppy but so quick he got away with it in college. He wont in the pros. He plays way bigger than 5 foot 11. He can jump ball like a guy who is 6 foot 3. But he isnt a guy who I see as a physical WR who can disrupt the bump cleanly against elite talent but he has so much quickness and speed he can give the best DBs a run for their money. Route running can be coached, physicality not so much. That's why I think he is best in the slot. Olave is a different beast. He is a fluid route runner. He's fun to watch. I love how polished he is. He has pro level polish with route running and his hands are solid. He lacks elite burst, He can't get off the strong bump well. Bigger stronger NFL DBs will make him disappear for games. Neither of these guys are guys I would take in the first. Sorry to burst your bubble. I see both having good NFL careers. But they are not a generational talent like Njigba.