PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Football Analysis top 50 draft prospects

WindyCitySteel
04-06-2022, 04:55 PM
Quite different than most mocks. Of note, Ridder is their top QB but only the 41st ranked prospect, Jordan Davis way down the list.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2022-nfl-draft-big-board-ryan-mccrystal/

flippy
04-06-2022, 05:06 PM
Interesting perspective. Wonder how accurate this guy has been historically?

NorthCoast
04-06-2022, 05:28 PM
Football Outsiders doesn't list him on their draft 'expert' page. I guess there is a new one born every season....:p

whisper
04-06-2022, 05:42 PM
I don't trust Thibodeaux, or OR defensive players in general. Is it just me, or has OR edge players been disappointing overall in the NFL? His weaknesses are listed as not a power player and a "me first" player. No thanks, not at #1 overall.

I don't like Gardner as high as #2. If you're gonna be a CB that high, you better be a Deion Sanders.

I like Hutchinson more than the 2 above him. Meat and potatoes.

Someone is gonna get a perennial pro bowler in Kyle Hamilton. A total beast of a S.

Flasteel
04-06-2022, 06:15 PM

Here's his Big Board from last April:

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2021/draft-ace-2021-ryan-mccrystal-big-board

Here's his Big Board from 2019 (he ran a site call draftace.com)

https://www.draftace.com/2019-top-100/

flippy
04-06-2022, 08:43 PM
Here's his Big Board from last April:

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2021/draft-ace-2021-ryan-mccrystal-big-board

Here's his Big Board from 2019 (he ran a site call draftace.com)

https://www.draftace.com/2019-top-100/

So this guy is more like some of us vs some of the experts.

Little different view/ratings on guys than the consensus. Some of the guys he rated higher, I would too. Some of the guys he was really off.

But I appreciate someone that’s willing to look at the rankings a little differently. Many seem to cater toward the consensus vs having original thoughts.

I really don’t understand how so many typically come to similar rankings/consensus when so many players end up not working out.

Chucktownsteeler
04-06-2022, 09:50 PM

He’s been Sharp.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-07-2022, 08:18 AM
I really don’t understand how so many typically come to similar rankings/consensus when so many players end up not working out.

I always say that so many of these "experts" just look at other mocks/rankings, make a few minor adjustments, and then submit as their own. The best part is that the guy who was the guru got a job as an NFL GM and failed because he couldn't draft.

NorthCoast
04-07-2022, 08:23 AM
I always say that so many of these "experts" just look at other mocks/rankings, make a few minor adjustments, and then submit as their own. The best part is that the guy who was the guru got a job as an NFL GM and failed because he couldn't draft.

LOL. He should have followed someone else's mock instead of his own.

flippy
04-07-2022, 08:40 AM

I think you’re right. I suspect these mock experts just talk to a lot of different teams, gms, coaches, scouts, etc and just collect their thoughts and massage them into their own.

So once a guy crossed over from a mock guy to a GM, he probably doesn’t get all the input he used to get.

I never really understand how guys get projected to certain rounds.

On my scale, 1st rounders are guys I really like + everyone else seems to like them.

2-4th rounders are guys I guess have sky high potential but some question marks that seem fixable.

5-7th rounders are guys with potential but so many question marks you know it’s going to be luck if they happen to succeed.

There’s usually 10-20 guys that are so hyped we all know they’ll go in the 1st round. But beyond that, I never have any clue how to slot/project a guy into another round until I read lots of people suggesting they belong there or I do enough mock draft simulations to see where guys get picked.

WindyCitySteel
04-07-2022, 09:22 AM

Mayock? I read that Gruden was in total control of everything there.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-07-2022, 12:54 PM
Mayock? I read that Gruden was in total control of everything there.

If so, how messed up is it that they hire the guy whose sole claim to fame is that he is a well connected draft guru and don't allow him to do his job? Also, how sad is it that he took that job if that was going to be the case?

NJ-STEELER
04-08-2022, 02:49 AM
The Ruggs pick goes beyond mayock/gruden.

that straight raiders history of being enamored with speed.

that’s the team that drafted heyward bey in the top 10 iirc

NorthCoast
04-08-2022, 07:07 AM
If so, how messed up is it that they hire the guy whose sole claim to fame is that he is a well connected draft guru and don't allow him to do his job? Also, how sad is it that he took that job if that was going to be the case?Hard to pass up a million dollars a year regardless of what the job or conditions are.