PDA

View Full Version : Steelers to host several QB pre-draft visits

WindyCitySteel
04-04-2022, 05:41 PM
In case anyone was wondering, they're taking a QB in the draft. I don't know what more you can learn after combine workouts, pro day workouts, and dinners, but they're burning several of their 30 allotted pre-draft visits on guys they've met with multiple times already.

Of course, Ridder is first. :Steel

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/04/report-steelers-will-have-several-top-qbs-in-for-pre-draft-visits-starting-this-week/

SteelerOfDeVille
04-05-2022, 01:04 PM
I still hope that unless *their* guy falls, they take BPA at 1.20, then trade up in the 2nd...

Iron City Inc.
04-05-2022, 01:12 PM
They may draft a qb they may not. There are a bunch of qb needy teams. Carolina, Atlanta, Seattle ,Washington and New O are all in play for qb's. Like musical chairs by the time 20 rolls around guys that they like may be off the board. Doing homework is always good and we'll see how it plays out.
I really like the 23 qb group but that's me. If we go in another direction in the first I'm good with that as long as it's the right guy. If 3 qb's go top 19 I'm thinking that should leave a real good player still sitting on the board for us at 20.

Northern_Blitz
04-05-2022, 01:33 PM
Does anyone remember if we brought in all the QBs in the year Ben was threatening to retire (when we drafted Mason)?

I feel like I remember having the big guns go out to all the pro-days. But I don't remember for sure. Or if we brought in all those guys in for a visit.

Chucktownsteeler
04-05-2022, 01:37 PM
I read they are talking to the Giants, swapping #1s this year and sending #1s in 2023 and 2024 for the pick at #5 for Willis.

Northern_Blitz
04-05-2022, 01:48 PM
I read they are talking to the Giants, swapping #1s this year and sending #1s in 2023 and 2024 for the pick at #5 for Willis.

I think that this was the trade that Dave Bryan from the Depot proposed in his mock draft.

But (at least in that case) it was just speculation and not based on any inside information.

Not sure if that's how a rumor like that gets started, or if there have legitimately been talks.

I tend not to believe these kinds of rumors without proof or named sources (which they basically never have for obvious reasons). In hockey, this happens every year with the Leafs at the trade deadline. One reporter speculates that something could happen. Someone from another network then says that they're "hearing chatter" about a possible trade. Then another reporter says that there are multiple people they've heard discussing the potential for a trade. Then another one says that the rumor mill is buzzing with that same trade rumor. But it was all just a combination of idle speculation and the need to always be churning content.

One of the blogs I used to read once did an anatomy of a rumor like this where they traced everything back.