PDA

View Full Version : ranked 4th lowest in AFC

whisper
04-02-2022, 03:37 PM
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/01/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-power-rankings-afc/

Boy, have the Steelers fallen. I can't recall them being rated so low. Yea, rankings, schmankings, but it still is an indicator of where things stand, whether we outperform it or not. Only 3 AFC teams rank lower:

Jets
Jags
Houston

The article says it's our weak QB position that has us so low. I'd add in our weak OL and WR units as well. To think that if the Jets and Jags 2nd-year QBs play to par with their draft positions (I know, big IF), we could be looking up to those two teams. Wow.

For a team with a head coach who has never had a losing season after 15 years, wow.

Captain Lemming
04-02-2022, 04:38 PM
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/01/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-power-rankings-afc/

Boy, have the Steelers fallen. I can't recall them being rated so low. Yea, rankings, schmankings, but it still is an indicator of where things stand, whether we outperform it or not. Only 3 AFC teams rank lower:

Jets
Jags
Houston

The article says it's our weak QB position that has us so low. I'd add in our weak OL and WR units as well. To think that if the Jets and Jags 2nd-year QBs play to par with their draft positions (I know, big IF), we could be looking up to those two teams. Wow.

For a team with a head coach who has never had a losing season after 15 years, wow.

I know.
Says alot that a team with SO LITTLE TALENT made the playoffs last season with an aging QB with no arm. :)

You blame coaching for losing to a Mahommes led Chiefs team when we had less pieces than other teams that missed the playoffs.

When Tomlins streak of no losing seasons continues... please don't whine that a team with no business in the playoffs, has no playoff win yet AGAIN is surprisingly better than its roster shows. :)

We are in rebuilding mode. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

hawaiiansteel
04-02-2022, 05:05 PM
Steel Maniac will still probably claim that the Steelers were favored to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl :roll:

SteelBucks
04-02-2022, 05:21 PM
Preseason rankings mean jack****.

Ernie
04-02-2022, 05:41 PM
We will have more overall talent on both sides of the ball.. whether or not that translates into a better record is anyone's guess....

BURGH86STEEL
04-02-2022, 06:20 PM

Jets
Jags
Houston

Most already know how you feel about the Steelers so................

Try to be more optimistic about this team and show some love for once.

whisper
04-02-2022, 06:36 PM
Most already know how you feel about the Steelers so................

Try to be more optimistic about this team and show some love for once.

Don't confuse denial with love, big mistake.

Steel Maniac
04-02-2022, 06:37 PM
I know.
Says alot that a team with SO LITTLE TALENT made the playoffs last season with an aging QB with no arm. :)

You blame coaching for losing to a Mahommes led Chiefs team when we had less pieces than other teams that missed the playoffs.

When Tomlins streak of no losing seasons continues... please don't whine that a team with no business in the playoffs, has no playoff win yet AGAIN is surprisingly better than its roster shows. :)

Yep… we are in transition so expectations definitely need to be adjusted. With so many questions , I don’t think we can expect anything either way! Just sit back and see what works and what doesn’t. And go from there.

1. Is Canada a legit OC?
2. Is Tribusky a legit starting QB in the NFL?
3. Is Devin Bush done as a player?
4. Will Heyward still want to stay on?

We could go on and on because there’s so many. As usual , time will tell.

BURGH86STEEL
04-02-2022, 07:03 PM
Don't confuse denial with love, big mistake.
I know how you roll bro. Just like many on this forum know how you roll. I was and never in denial. I live and I learn. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for you.

Classic example of all time. The 9-7 regular season Giants defeated the 16-0 regular season Pats in the Superbowl. All time learning lesson. Do you get it? NO?

The Steelers are doing their best to improve the team to compete for a championship in 2022. Do you get it? NO?

I am optimistic that the Steelers have the talent to compete in the AFC North. I am optimistic that Trubisky is young enough, talented, and maybe learned enough to become a better QB. The Steelers made moves to improve the team heading into the draft. The Steelers have a good core of players in which they can continue to build around.

Yeah, your mistake is that you can't be optimistic. Carry on.

Oviedo
04-02-2022, 07:06 PM
Isn't that a dream come true for all the Tomlin haters? Can ignore 15 years and focus on one

Plus we can draft an elite QB prospect in 2023

hawaiiansteel
04-02-2022, 07:20 PM
As usual , time will tell.

all your predictions are time based.

lmao.....

Dwinsgames
04-02-2022, 07:25 PM

Jets
Jags
Houston

yeah click bait ......... no way we end up that low , will we be playoff bound ? well who knows but I look for Tomlin to add to his record streak of non losing seasons at the very least

Northern_Blitz
04-02-2022, 07:36 PM
I know.

This totally depends on whether we're blaming Tomlin for bad roster construction or bad coaching.

No consistency is required.

That's what makes it such an awesome argument!

papillon
04-02-2022, 10:19 PM
Isn't that a dream come true for all the Tomlin haters? Can ignore 15 years and focus on one

Plus we can draft an elite QB prospect in 2023

The only way the Steelers get to draft an elite quarterback in 2023 is to get curb stomped in 2022 and I just don't see it happening. The defense is going to be better than last year and it will be difficult for the offense not to improve. I think the Steelers win 10 or 11 games next year.

Pappy

WindyCitySteel
04-03-2022, 08:04 AM
I know how you roll bro. Just like many on this forum know how you roll. I was and never in denial. I live and I learn. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for you.

Classic example of all time. The 9-7 regular season Giants defeated the 16-0 regular season Pats in the Superbowl. All time learning lesson. Do you get it? NO?

The Steelers are doing their best to improve the team to compete for a championship in 2022. Do you get it? NO?

I am optimistic that the Steelers have the talent to compete in the AFC North. I am optimistic that Trubisky is young enough, talented, and maybe learned enough to become a better QB. The Steelers made moves to improve the team heading into the draft. The Steelers have a good core of players in which they can continue to build around.

No offense, but some of that stuff smacks of Linus sitting in the pumpkin patch...

WindyCitySteel
04-03-2022, 08:19 AM
Those of you pinning your hopes on Trubisky being an upgrade over Ben should temper your expectations. He's more mobile and has a stronger arm, but has the same, if not worse, deep ball accuracy issue and turns the ball over. What ever you say about Ben the last 2 years, he didn't turn it over. INT% were among his career lows at 1.6 and 1.7.

In Trubisky's last significant action in 2020, his was 2.7%. In his so-called great 2018, it was 2.8%. He also had a ton of turnover-worthy plays the defense gacked that year, which was one of the reasons PFF had him graded so poorly.

So, he's going to make a few plays that old Ben was not capable of, but he's going to flat out lose games with bad play, too. A lot of his success will come on the short stuff.

Steelers best hope is to have a good enough supporting cast where a rookie QB can step in and maybe show a little 2004 Ben magic.

whisper
04-03-2022, 12:51 PM
I know.

Really? Please repost when I did that. Of course, you can't.

whisper
04-03-2022, 01:34 PM

Your problem is you can't stand that I am so often dead on the $, and that depresses you. Trubisky isn't gonna make some miracle advancement in his skill level. It's not gonna happen. He is what he is. And so is Mason. Back up QBs. And, back ups have won SBs in the past, as we have seen with Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler et al., but those teams had Ds that were incredibly awesome, and those Ds don't exist anymore, and certainly don't exist with the current Steelers. No One will mistake the 2022 Pgh D with the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs or the 1991 Giants. THAT much we KNOW. (We were dead last in rushing D last year - real great for a franchise with the tradition the Steelers have.)

Trubisky will give us about 2,600 yards passing, he'll throw about 20 TDs and 9 ints. He is not going to all-of-sudden turn into a 35 TD, 5 int. QB. That's not who he is or who he will ever be.

Our WR unit is bad, amongst the worst in the NFL. Even with a semi-highly drafted rookie, we will still be near the bottom of the league. And so will the OL, average FA IOLmen included. We resigned Chuk @ROT, and he is amongst the worst starting ROT in the league. Hopefully, they will draft a LT, but who knows, considering all the other holes this team has.

Yea, so let's see who is right about this team.

Dwinsgames
04-03-2022, 01:54 PM
Your problem is you can't stand that I am so often dead on the $, and that depresses you. Trubisky isn't gonna make some miracle advancement in his skill level. It's not gonna happen. He is what he is. And so is Mason. Back up QBs. And, back ups have won SBs in the past, as we have seen with Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler et al., but those teams had Ds that were incredibly awesome, and those Ds don't exist anymore, and certainly don't exist with the current Steelers. No One will mistake the 2022 Pgh D with the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs or the 1991 Giants. THAT much we KNOW. (We were dead last in rushing D last year - real great for a franchise with the tradition the Steelers have.)

Trubisky will give us about 2,600 yards passing, he'll throw about 20 TDs and 9 ints. He is not going to all-of-sudden turn into a 35 TD, 5 int. QB. That's not who he is or who he will ever be.

Our WR unit is bad, amongst the worst in the NFL. Even with a semi-highly drafted rookie, we will still be near the bottom of the league. And so will the OL, average FA IOLmen included. We resigned Chuk @ROT, and he is amongst the worst starting ROL in the league. Hopefully, they will draft a LT, but who knows, considering all the other holes this team has.

clearly you are mistaken 2022 for 2021 , why not go back another year and look at 2020 ...

I mean who would have thought that our run def would suffer such a dramatic setback in one year ( NOBODY) but you have to take into consideration the part that injuries had in all that .... and now you have to consider those players are no longer injured ( something you failed to do ) .............. huge difference in some random guy as close to a street free agent as you can get playing the nose vs AluAlu .... huge difference in a 5th round pick and a rookie playing end vs Tuitt ....

you also dog on Mitch when nobody really has a clue how he will perform in an organization with stability , he was drafted into a poor situation in Chicago ( #2 over all you do not draft that high by being a good team ) yet he took them to the playoffs twice and was a double doink off the goalpost of a potential winning FG of going to the NFC championship game ....

is Mitch the next face of the franchise who knows , but until he takes some snaps it would be a disservice to Colberts ability to identify talent to proclaim he isn't ... it would also be a disservice to the time he spent in Buffalo learning and watching ... remember the most accurate days of Allen are just now coming to fruition as he was NOT accurate at all a few short years ago , but Brian Daboll worked wonders with him , maybe just maybe he did so with Mitch too ???

assumptions and making bets based on past performances in different settings are never a good practice , some horses run well on grass while others prefer turf ... remember that

Steel Maniac
04-03-2022, 02:07 PM
I think that none of us know what Matt Canada is or how good or bad he is. We can't sit here and say what Mitch will or won't be when we don't even know if our offensive coordinator is legit or not. I think we have to wait and see. It's as simple as that. Too many question marks for anyone to say one way or the other.

Dwinsgames
04-03-2022, 02:12 PM
I think that none of us know what Matt Canada is or how good or bad he is. We can't sit here and say what Mitch will or won't be when we don't even know if our offensive coordinator is legit or not. I think we have to wait and see. It's as simple as that. Too many question marks for anyone to say one way or the other.

agreed ........

the only for sure thing we know about Matt Canada is he sticks around about 2 years at every stop

WindyCitySteel
04-03-2022, 02:19 PM
c
you also dog on Mitch when nobody really has a clue how he will perform in an organization with stability , he was drafted into a poor situation in Chicago ( #2 over all you do not draft that high by being a good team ) yet he took them to the playoffs twice and was a double doink off the goalpost of a potential winning FG of going to the NFC championship game ....

His offense scored 15 pts in the playoff loss at home, which was WC weekend, not the divisional round. The defense carried the 2018 Bears, not Mitchell Trubisky.

Dwinsgames
04-03-2022, 02:22 PM
His offense scored 15 pts in the playoff loss at home, which was WC weekend, not the divisional round. The defense carried the 2018 Bears, not Mitchell Trubisky.

my bad , but he was 26-42 ( 60% ) 303 yards passing 1 td no int's in that game ... seems to me he held his own

whisper
04-03-2022, 02:25 PM
clearly you are mistaken 2022 for 2021 , why not go back another year and look at 2020 ...

I mean who would have thought that our run def would suffer such a dramatic setback in one year ( NOBODY) but you have to take into consideration the part that injuries had in all that .... and now you have to consider those players are no longer injured ( something you failed to do ) .............. huge difference in some random guy as close to a street free agent as you can get playing the nose vs AluAlu .... huge difference in a 5th round pick and a rookie playing end vs Tuitt ....

Really, so you know the 35-year old Alualu will be back to his 2020 form after a serious injury? Even if he didn't have a major injury, he's 35. And, some how you know Tuitt is gonna be back to form when no one else even knows if he's gonna play in 2022? I don't think the Steelers will pay him his $9 mill. if he continues to sit on the fence about coming back.

Mitch is going to suddenly improve by leaps and bounds because he is playing for a team with "stability?" He's been in the league for 5 years. Can he improve? Sure. By such a degree that Pgh is going to contend for the AFCN? Well, if we were talking about the NFCN, and GB wasn't in it, OK, possibly. But we aren't. We are going into battle with Trubisky vs. Burrow, Watson and Jackson....mmmm k.

is Mitch the next face of the franchise who knows , but until he takes some snaps it would be a disservice to Colberts ability to identify talent to proclaim he isn't ... it would also be a disservice to the time he spent in Buffalo learning and watching ... remember the most accurate days of Allen are just now coming to fruition as he was NOT accurate at all a few short years ago , but Brian Daboll worked wonders with him , maybe just maybe he did so with Mitch too ???

One can always dream.

assumptions and making bets based on past performances in different settings are never a good practice , some horses run well on grass while others prefer turf ... remember that

Ummm, yea, OK. I'll do that. But doesn't Soldier Field and Heinz both use natural grass? :cool:

WindyCitySteel
04-03-2022, 02:39 PM
my bad , but he was 26-42 ( 60% ) 303 yards passing 1 td no int's in that game ... seems to me he held his own

Yeah, sometimes I'd watch him for an entire game and then look at his numbers and wonder how the hell he got them, because he just never made the plays when you needed them.

I really hope a light went on for him, but not holding my breath.

Dwinsgames
04-03-2022, 02:45 PM
Really, so you know the 35-year old Alualu will be back to his 2020 form after a serious injury? Even if he didn't have a major injury, he's 35. And, some how you know Tuitt is gonna be back to form when no one else even knows if he's gonna play in 2022? I don't think the Steelers will pay him his $9 mill. if he continues to sit on the fence about coming back.

Mitch is going to suddenly improve by leaps and bounds because he is playing for a team with "stability?" He's been in the league for 5 years. Can he improve? Sure. By such a degree that Pgh is going to contend for the AFCN? Well, if we were talking about the NFCN, and GB wasn't in it, OK, possibly. But we aren't. We are going into battle with Trubisky vs. Burrow, Watson and Jackson....mmmm k.

One can always dream.

Ummm, yea, OK. I'll do that. But doesn't Soldier Field and Heinz both use natural grass? :cool:

you do realize a broken ankle isnt a " serious injury in today's world don't you ? it not like it was an Achilles or acl/mcl on a big aging man ....

Tuitt said he wants to come back based on Kevin Colbert and Cam Heyward , I will take their word over your assumptions , ok ? you claim he is sitting on the fence while others say he said he wants to play , has been at and worked out at the facility in the past week and a half ... those words and actions go a lot further than your words here .. sorry dude

as for the Mitch portion .... Jackson hasn't beaten this team much in his career the ravens are like 3-7 vs us in the last 10 so excuse me if I think he is extremely over rated ...
Watson hasn't taken a real snap or been hit in well over a year and as of right now we do not even know if he will be able to play the league could step in at any moment as suspend him for 4 - 8 - 12 or even a full season or more ........
Burrow had a great season last year but in this league you have to prove you can do so year in and year out ... lets see if he can stack seasons or just have 1 or 2 like some other highly drafted guys that blew their load all at once ( see RG3 per example )

Northern_Blitz
04-03-2022, 02:51 PM
Those of you pinning your hopes on Trubisky being an upgrade over Ben should temper your expectations. He's more mobile and has a stronger arm, but has the same, if not worse, deep ball accuracy issue and turns the ball over. What ever you say about Ben the last 2 years, he didn't turn it over. INT% were among his career lows at 1.6 and 1.7.

In Trubisky's last significant action in 2020, his was 2.7%. In his so-called great 2018, it was 2.8%. He also had a ton of turnover-worthy plays the defense gacked that year, which was one of the reasons PFF had him graded so poorly.

So, he's going to make a few plays that old Ben was not capable of, but he's going to flat out lose games with bad play, too. A lot of his success will come on the short stuff.

Steelers best hope is to have a good enough supporting cast where a rookie QB can step in and maybe show a little 2004 Ben magic.

Did you get a chance to watch the playoff game against the Browns?

I don't think that Mitch is going to be amazing. But I won't be surprised if we score more points than we did last season.

BURGH86STEEL
04-03-2022, 05:18 PM
No offense, but some of that stuff smacks of Linus sitting in the pumpkin patch...
Bears are calling you to be a fan.

whisper
04-03-2022, 05:31 PM

We only know what we saw so far, and that was nothing good. Hopefully the ineptness was due from trying to deal with Ben's inadequacies, but if what we saw so far is what we are going to get, ouchie, horsie no lookie so good.

BURGH86STEEL
04-03-2022, 05:31 PM

Our WR unit is bad, amongst the worst in the NFL. Even with a semi-highly drafted rookie, we will still be near the bottom of the league. And so will the OL, average FA IOLmen included. We resigned Chuk @ROT, and he is amongst the worst starting ROL in the league. Hopefully, they will draft a LT, but who knows, considering all the other holes this team has.

You dead on the money? Come on man. You live in a conspiracy theory world.

I don't know what Trubisky will do with the Steelers. He was a 1st round talent. He had so much talent that he was drafted 2nd overall in 2017. Opinions vary why he failed to live up to his potential in Chicago.

I am optimistic that he's lived and learned to be a better QB for the 2022 season.

The Steelers have DJ and Claypool as young WR's. DJ is a budding star IMO. Claypool's potential was limited because of Ben's limitations as a downfield passer late in his career. That being said, I understand the Steelers need to address the WR position in the draft or FA.

Bro, I don't care who is right or wrong about this team. That's what you don't understand about me in your limited thinking.

I am optimistic regarding this team. I don't care to be negative about this team. The Steelers are attempting to build a winner. That's my focus. Will they fall short? Only time will tell. I know that they have a solid core of players in which they can build around on offense and defense.

whisper
04-03-2022, 05:36 PM
Did you get a chance to watch the playoff game against the Browns?

I don't think that Mitch is going to be amazing. But I won't be surprised if we score more points than we did last season.

Well, we were 26th in scoring TDs in the NFL. We averaged 2 a game. That shouldn't be too hard to top. Add that to being dead last in rushing D, and there are loads of things to improve on.

BURGH86STEEL
04-03-2022, 05:51 PM
Well, we were 26th in scoring TDs in the NFL. We averaged 2 a game. That shouldn't be too hard to top. Add that to being dead last in rushing D, and there are loads of things to improve on.
Hard to top? You don't understand sports do you?

Northern_Blitz
04-03-2022, 06:01 PM

Yep.

Turns out playing offense for more than 1 quarter is a good strategy. Hopefully, it's something we can implement and execute this year.

BURGH86STEEL
04-03-2022, 07:28 PM
Yep.

Turns out playing offense for more than 1 quarter is a good strategy. Hopefully, it's something we can implement and execute this year.
Fans always have the answers without paying attention to all the details or coming up with reasonable or realistic solutions to address the issues.

Northern_Blitz
04-03-2022, 07:51 PM
Fans always have the answers without paying attention to all the details or coming up with reasonable or realistic solutions to address the issues.

I think the general answer is to try to be more than one dimensional.

Hopefully the improved OL helps us run and pass better. And the increased QB mobility helps us run a more dynamic passing game.

But I 100% agree that I'm not an OC and I don't really know how to implement those kind of improvements (or other better ideas)

Bawb the Revelator
04-03-2022, 11:20 PM
I'm a Year 84 optimist and I like the wait-and-see "Cautious Optimism" here. I'll include MR who will never have a Ben-style sendoff: Ben [never a rocket scientist] resented him from jump. MR has never taken a snap in an offense designed for him. Whether or not MR beats Mitch, trading him is stump dumb IMO: He's already a competent backup. Why 86 him for a 6th rounder? Haskins strikes me as a suspected "head case" and losing his front tooth to his fiancee doesn't allay my suspicions. Mitch? Da Bears just might cluster**** on Justin Fields to keep their 30-year NFL QB Graveyard streak alive. Finally, the Steelers really don't need Willis or Pickett or other leading 2022 QB talent: Draft Brady Zappe in Rnd 4 and keep your "4 QBs in camp promises. Meanwhile get Najee another RB. Draft OLs then get WR Sky Moore in Rnd 2; He's well thought of plus I like the name.... but WTF do I know? Finally, "OPINIONS ARE LIKE *******S.." Supposedly this wisdom was first uttered by jazz legend Gerry Mulligan :)

NorthCoast
04-04-2022, 07:39 AM
The only way the Steelers get to draft an elite quarterback in 2023 is to get curb stomped in 2022 and I just don't see it happening. The defense is going to be better than last year and it will be difficult for the offense not to improve. I think the Steelers win 10 or 11 games next year.

PappyWhile I agree with both these statements whisper isn't completely bananas. It is very likely the Steelers will be improved on both sides of the ball. But, the inevitable BUT hangs over the team.

But; the first bar to hurdle is the division. It comes down to whether the improvements by the Steelers are greater than the improvements by the Browns, Ravens, and Cincinnati.

The QB move by the Browns will not impact the Steelers for probably half the season. By that time it may be too late for them to save their season. I can see them ending worse than the Steelers.
The Ravens improve a lot from the sheer fact of returning a lot of injured starters from last season. Their secondary should be top notch and their run game could be better than the Steelers with both RBs returning from injury.
CIN has done a great job with all their cap space in FA. They will have a much improved OL. If they grab another top WR in this draft look out. Who's going to cover Chase and the rookie??
The Steelers will have an uphill battle regardless of who their starting QB is. The OC is a huge wildcard. If it turns out the QB was not a big part of the problem last season as we've been led to believe the offense could be in for some tough times. Canada's gameplanning has to improve leaps and bounds.

I think Tomlin's going to have to coach almost out of his mind in order to make the post season this year. One thing I will say is that he doesn't seem to shy away from making big changes when he sees it's necessary. So we could see a lot of churn with the roster in the first month or two as they figure out what pieces work. They will struggle to have early success but the positive I take from last season was that Tomlin was able to break the December losing record last year.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-04-2022, 02:01 PM

100% agree and I'm happy we find out more about him during a year with such low expectations. The only thing that I need is a line that gives time for plays to unfold. If not then we will still be back wondering what he is as an OC.

whisper
04-04-2022, 03:17 PM
Hard to top? You don't understand sports do you?

Umm, let's see, ranking 26th out of 32 teams? OK, whatever Fonzie, do the math.

whisper
04-04-2022, 03:51 PM
While I agree with both these statements whisper isn't completely bananas. It is very likely the Steelers will be improved on both sides of the ball. But, the inevitable BUT hangs over the team.

I think Tomlin's going to have to coach almost out of his mind in order to make the post season this year. One thing I will say is that he doesn't seem to shy away from making big changes when he sees it's necessary. So we could see a lot of churn with the roster in the first month or two as they figure out what pieces work. They will struggle to have early success but the positive I take from last season was that Tomlin was able to break the December losing record last year.

Well, Cool Shades is gonna have to have a better record than 6 of these teams to make it to the playoffs:

- KC
- Denver
- LAC
- LV
- Buff
- NE
- Cinci
- Balt.
- Miami
- Cleve
- TN
- Indy

11-12 have better QBs. *Every div. winner in 2021 had the best QB of their div. Every one of them.

feltdizz
04-04-2022, 04:54 PM
Well, Cool Shades is gonna have to have a better record than 6 of these teams to make it to the playoffs:

- KC
- Denver
- LAC
- LV
- Buff
- NE
- Cinci
- Balt.
- Miami
- Cleve
- TN
- Indy

11-12 have better QBs. *Every div. winner in 2021 had the best QB of their div. Every one of them.

KC - Will they miss Hill? Is this the start of their downfall? Who knows
Denver- Russ has to show he still has it.
LAC - overrated but maybe they finally make the playoffs this year?
LV- New HC. But they are on the rise.

Buf- still tough
NE - meh..
Miam - Double Meh

Cinci - a problem. Hoping for a SB hangover.
Balt - can they stay healthy? When was the last time they beat us?
Clev - Next year. This year is chaos

TN - a problem
Indy - Natty Ice.. will fall flat.

We will have a chance to make the playoffs this year.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-04-2022, 05:19 PM
Classic example of all time. The 9-7 regular season Giants defeated the 16-0 regular season Pats in the Superbowl.
Thank you mamma Manning for keeping Brady from winning 4-5 more...

<resume topic/>

whisper
04-05-2022, 11:23 AM

Will they miss Hill? Without a doubt. Will it mean a meaningful amount of more losses? I doubt it very much. You have Andy Reid - perhaps the best "game schemer" in the NFL with plenty of weapons to work with, and that's before the draft. I can't imagine how many they will have after this WR-rich draft goes down.

There is no reason Russ still doesn't have it. He busted his finger on his throwing hand last season, came back way too early. Denver is loaded across the board: defense, OL, WRs, RBs.

With Herbert, they are destined to.

Buf- still tough
NE - meh..
Miam - Double Meh

TN - a problem

He will be better than Wince.

We will have a chance to make the playoffs this year.

We are going to have one of the worst QBs in the conference. That doesn't spell the playoffs very often, not these days.

NorthCoast
04-05-2022, 11:29 AM
We are going to have one of the worst QBs in the conference. That doesn't spell the playoffs very often, not these days.You do understand the Steelers had the second worst rated starting QB in the conference last season, right?

Mr.wizard
04-05-2022, 12:19 PM
We are going to have one of the worst QBs in the conference. That doesn't spell the playoffs very often, not these days.

We had one of the worst QB in the conference last season too.

whisper
04-05-2022, 12:26 PM
You do understand the Steelers had the second worst rated starting QB in the conference last season, right?

And only made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, yes. Mitch will play a little better than the first-3-quarters Ben last year. But Mitch won't pull off the 4th quarter miracles that Ben did. I give that a wash. Overall, I believe Mitch is going to leave Steeler fan frustrated, by his missed throws. You can only protect a QB for so long.

whisper
04-05-2022, 12:28 PM
We had one of the worst QB in the conference last season too.

And we clearly were not a legit playoff team come season's end. That was a joke that we trotted out in KC last season.

The Man of Steel
04-06-2022, 11:28 AM
And only made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, yes. Mitch will play a little better than the first-3-quarters Ben last year. But Mitch won't pull off the 4th quarter miracles that Ben did. I give that a wash. Overall, I believe Mitch is going to leave Steeler fan frustrated, by his missed throws. You can only protect a QB for so long.
I don’t know how to post links on here but I just read an article where Emmanuel Sanders was speaking rather highly about Mitch Trubisky as they were teammates in Buffalo. Hopefully Manny knows more than we do.

Northern_Blitz
04-06-2022, 02:12 PM
I don’t know how to post links on here but I just read an article where Emmanuel Sanders was speaking rather highly about Mitch Trubisky as they were teammates in Buffalo. Hopefully Manny knows more than we do.

It's not an intuitive process.

If you click the flimstrip option (insert Video), then you can copy a link there.

If it's youtube or something, it will drop in the video (like this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS4sp5tCsLs

But if it's a normal link, it makes it clickable (like this)

http://www.planetsteelers.com

NorthCoast
04-11-2022, 07:46 AM

Buf- still tough
NE - meh..
Miam - Double Meh

TN - a problem

We will have a chance to make the playoffs this year.Should be a little less brutal schedule than last season;

https://i.redd.it/slwydkqaess81.jpg

whisper
04-11-2022, 12:43 PM

I watched that. Manny gave him praise but not so much praise as in being a QB praise. He really couldn't; he hadn't really played with him during real games.

whisper
04-11-2022, 12:45 PM
Should be a little less brutal schedule than last season;

https://i.redd.it/slwydkqaess81.jpg

It should be, but you know how these things turn about: some teams you think are jokes all of a sudden get good, seemingly good teams can turn to crap. You just don't know.

NorthCoast
04-11-2022, 01:12 PM
It should be, but you know how these things turn about: some teams you think are jokes all of a sudden get good, seemingly good teams can turn to crap. You just don't know.Maybe the Steelers in 2022??...