03-31-2022, 06:48 PM
Karl Joseph to 1 year deal.

Buzz
03-31-2022, 06:51 PM
special teams/backup

still looking for a starter at SS

steeler_george
04-01-2022, 06:47 AM
I am curious to what the FO is thinking with this move, are they telling us something...

Do they think that they hit a snag in negotiations with Edmunds, Kazee or any other SS.

Do they think that they want to kick start the market for SS to get going, signal a message to the SS market that we have a "starter". If you want to sign with us, get moving.

Do they think that they have a starter caliber SS, in case they miss out on Edmunds, Kazee, or Mathieu?

Do they think he is good enough to push a 1st round rookie ( Hill, Brisker, Cine, Pietr)

Northern_Blitz
04-01-2022, 09:00 AM
I am curious to what the FO is thinking with this move, are they telling us something...

Do they think that they hit a snag in negotiations with Edmunds, Kazee or any other SS.

Do they think that they want to kick start the market for SS to get going, signal a message to the SS market that we have a "starter". If you want to sign with us, get moving.

Do they think that they have a starter caliber SS, in case they miss out on Edmunds, Kazee, or Mathieu?

Do they think he is good enough to push a 1st round rookie ( Hill, Brisker, Cine, Pietr)

I think what this signing means is: we will still have guys on the practice squad this year.

If we sign someone at SS to start, I don't think Joseph is the guy.

I think this pretty much has to be 1 year at the minimum...and likely on the PS again.

whisper
04-01-2022, 02:33 PM

Ummm, Joseph was washed up 2-3 years ago. Classic CYA move by Colbert. KJ had ONE solo tackle last season; I'm not that signing him sent any kind of message to anyone out there.

whisper
04-01-2022, 02:35 PM
I think what this signing means is: we will still have guys on the practice squad this year.

If we sign someone at SS to start, I don't think Joseph is the guy.

I think this pretty much has to be 1 year at the minimum...and likely on the PS again.

Isn't the PS usually for young guys who they hope to develop into a possible guy on the 53 some day? I didn't think it was really for 10-year vets.

NorthCoast
04-01-2022, 02:49 PM

Do they think he is good enough to push a 1st round rookie ( Hill, Brisker, Cine, Pietr)I don't think the Steelers hit any snag with signing one of those guys. It's just that those players think their value is more than when the team thinks. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot different than BAL dealing with LJ. All indications are BAL wants to get the deal done but LJ is the one dragging feet hoping for a higher number.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-01-2022, 03:04 PM

They are telling us that you need backup/ST/PS guys too.

Northern_Blitz
04-01-2022, 07:02 PM
Isn't the PS usually for young guys who they hope to develop into a possible guy on the 53 some day? I didn't think it was really for 10-year vets.

I think the PS rules changed with covid.

My understanding is that he was on the PS last year, but I could be wrong. played in 2 games. 2 tackles, 1 PD. Clearly not a signing of someone they think is going to get any playing time.

Also 6 years isn't 10 years.

Northern_Blitz
04-01-2022, 07:03 PM
They are telling us that you need backup/ST/PS guys too.

And maybe not even that.

If it's vet min with no signing bonus, it only means that they're willing to let him come to camp.

Even with a small signing bonus it's not painful to cut him.