PDA

View Full Version : OT: Bruce Arians retiring from coaching

SteelBucks
03-30-2022, 08:24 PM
Will move into the Buccaneers front office per Peter King.

Wow, I didn’t expect that.

SteelBucks
03-30-2022, 08:25 PM
Todd Bowles will replace Arians.

feltdizz
03-30-2022, 09:00 PM
Wonder if this is due to Tom unretiring?

flippy
03-30-2022, 09:02 PM

And will they bring AB back?

T.Ferguson
03-30-2022, 09:34 PM
Not surprised honestly, he's like 70 and he's looked like he's about to have a heart attack on the sideline, face all red. He was wearing that one contraption too for health reasons I think. It's a stressful job.

SteelBucks
03-30-2022, 09:45 PM
I’m surprised at the timing. Things like this usually happen soon after the last game.

SteelBucks
03-30-2022, 10:04 PM

I’m sure it’s not a coincidence that Arians steps down two weeks after Brady announces he’s coming back.

Captain Lemming
03-30-2022, 11:35 PM
I’m surprised at the timing. Things like this usually happen soon after the last game.

Between Arians and Brady can you EVER trust they are ACTUALLY retiring. :)

Captain Lemming
03-30-2022, 11:36 PM
I’m sure it’s not a coincidence that Arians steps down two weeks after Brady announces he’s coming back.

Yeah, part of the deal.

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2022, 11:59 PM
Not surprised honestly, he's like 70 and he's looked like he's about to have a heart attack on the sideline, face all red. He was wearing that one contraption too for health reasons I think. It's a stressful job.

Head coach is a tough gig. Fir most anyway.

some just tell players “you’ll get it” when they ask for more instruction.
that’s probably a lot less stressful

Steel Maniac
03-31-2022, 01:37 AM
Yeah, part of the deal.

we also heard rumblings of a rift between Brady and Arians as well. That may be a factor.

hawaiiansteel
03-31-2022, 03:16 AM

yes, I'm sure that's the main reason.

NorthCoast
03-31-2022, 07:33 AM
It we also heard rumblings of a rift between Brady and Arians as well. That may be a factor.This. Brady wants his boytoy AB back and Arians said no way. The owner had to make a decision and Arians was the odd man out. After all, you don't fire the GOAT.

feltdizz
03-31-2022, 08:47 AM

and Bowles is a Patriot guy too.

I also wondered if Arians smacking that player on the helmet and the AB circus had him second guessing his coaching techniques.

While older fans shrug at that stuff I’m sure younger fans and players were wondering wtf when he put his hands on a player.

feltdizz
03-31-2022, 08:54 AM
This. Brady wants his boytoy AB back and Arians said no way. The owner had to make a decision and Arians was the odd man out. After all, you don't fire the GOAT.

I would be shocked if AB goes back to Tampa but I was shocked when Brady came back so who knows.

It’s wild how Brady has left 2 teams the same year they released AB.

Northern_Blitz
03-31-2022, 09:09 AM

How does it go?

"It's better to have to say 'whoa' than 'sick'em' "

Najee certainly seems to be someone who needs to be reminded that he can 'whoa' every once in a while.

I think it's kind of hard to argue that lack of understanding of the playbook held him back this year, right? Or that maybe it's a good idea to stress the importance of recovery (mental and physical) to a guy we clearly intend to run into the ground over his rookie contract (which I do think is a mistake Tomlin consistently seems to make).

flippy
03-31-2022, 09:20 AM
Interesting Bowles is getting another chance after his poor run as an HC for the Jets. I think this is a pretty good situation for him to be successful.

Northern_Blitz
03-31-2022, 09:26 AM
Interesting Bowles is getting another chance after his poor run as an HC for the Jets. I think this is a pretty good situation for him to be successful.

In the short term anyway.

But anytime you have Brady on your team, you've got to be thinking that you've got a legit shot at winning the whole thing.

Chucktownsteeler
03-31-2022, 09:48 AM

I would have liked to see Lefty get his chance. I think Bowles was something like 24-40 with the Jets.

feltdizz
03-31-2022, 10:09 AM

In the last 20 years the Jets have only jad 4 seasons with 10 or more wins. Bowles has one of them.

Its a hard place to win.

If Bowles doesn’t make the playoffs or have a deep run it may show that he just isn’t built to be a Head Coach.

Its hard to have excuses with Tom Brady at QB.

T.Ferguson
03-31-2022, 10:26 AM

Lol Tomlin's guide to less stressful coaching techniques.

whisper
03-31-2022, 10:43 AM

Word is BA announced it the day of or the day after Brady announced he was unretiring, hmmmmmmm, things that make you go hmmmmmmmm. It was obvious part of the deal for Brady to return, he didn't like the lax vibe with BA running things and gave the owners an ultimatum. It's obvious.

feltdizz
03-31-2022, 11:41 AM
Word is BA announced it the day of or the day after Brady announced he was unretiring, hmmmmmmm, things that make you go hmmmmmmmm. It was obvious part of the deal for Brady to return, he didn't like the lax vibe with BA running things and gave the owners an ultimatum. It's obvious.

lax vibe? More than likely he didn’t like BA cussing him and everyone else out and maybe damaging a few relationships that helped the team win a SB.

No idea a out Bowles coaching style but BA has always been blunt with his cussing and fussing style of coaching

NorthCoast
03-31-2022, 03:55 PM
I would have liked to see Lefty get his chance. I think Bowles was something like 24-40 with the Jets.Tom Brady accounted about 10 of those losses. Now he's on the same side.
Funny quote on the radio today; "show me an elite QB and I'll show you a great HC"

Dwinsgames
03-31-2022, 09:42 PM
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced Larry Foote and Kacy Rodgers will serve as co-defensive coordinators under new head coach Todd Bowles.

Northern_Blitz
04-01-2022, 09:10 AM
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced Larry Foote and Kacy Rodgers will serve as co-defensive coordinators under new head coach Todd Bowles.

I didn't know Foote was coaching.

Steel Maniac
04-01-2022, 09:12 AM

Bowles poor showing was because of the organization around him. Those Jets defenses were okay but he could never get a QB and they didn’t draft offensively well.

I think Bowles will be fine now.

whisper
04-01-2022, 10:39 AM
lax vibe? More than likely he didn’t like BA cussing him and everyone else out and maybe damaging a few relationships that helped the team win a SB.

No idea a out Bowles coaching style but BA has always been blunt with his cussing and fussing style of coaching

Yes, cussing everyone out, but also still lax overall, with his early cocktails, etc. Brady wanted more rigidity.

whisper
04-01-2022, 10:40 AM
I didn't know Foote was coaching.

Yea, how about that.

whisper
04-01-2022, 10:41 AM
Tom Brady accounted about 10 of those losses. Now he's on the same side.
Funny quote on the radio today; "show me an elite QB and I'll show you a great HC"

I think that quote is crap; it's the other way around.