PDA

View Full Version : SS JABRILL PEPPERS to the PATRIOTS

JIMBO
03-29-2022, 05:26 PM
Edmunds market just shrunk a little more! Now make him a new offer.

Chucktownsteeler
03-29-2022, 05:28 PM
I would have liked the Steelers to kick the tires on Peppers. Alas, it didn't happen. I'm not sure if the FO brass wants Edmunds back.

Oviedo
03-29-2022, 06:46 PM
I would have liked the Steelers to kick the tires on Peppers. Alas, it didn't happen. I'm not sure if the FO brass wants Edmunds back.

Isn't Peppers coming off an ACL? Kick too hard and the tires might fall off. Edmunds is the right answer...still!!!

WindyCitySteel
03-29-2022, 06:47 PM
If they don't sign Edmunds is Cine is the pick at 1.20? Then maybe trade back into the first a la Baltimore and take Ridder/Howell/Corral.

flippy
03-29-2022, 07:08 PM
Isn't Peppers coming off an ACL? Kick too hard and the tires might fall off. Edmunds is the right answer...still!!!

Going a little outside the box, there’s a couple of top CBs that could be near where we pick. And the. What if we moved Sutton over to S?

Hed have great cover skills for a S and could be a beast with Minkah imho.

I think he’s smart and athletic enough to make the transition. And it’s not like he’s the best outside CB. We could benefit from this move.

hawaiiansteel
03-29-2022, 07:14 PM
If they don't sign Edmunds is Cine is the pick at 1.20? Then maybe trade back into the first a la Baltimore and take Ridder/Howell/Corral.

1.20 is too early for Cine.

Chucktownsteeler
03-29-2022, 07:56 PM
They’ll have a good investment in Minkah. I don’t think they want or can break the bank on Edmunds.

WindyCitySteel
03-29-2022, 08:35 PM

That's what everyone said about Edmunds.

hawaiiansteel
03-29-2022, 09:09 PM
That's what everyone said about Edmunds.

turned out they were right.

NorthCoast
03-30-2022, 07:57 AM
Going a little outside the box, there’s a couple of top CBs that could be near where we pick. And the. What if we moved Sutton over to S?

Hed have great cover skills for a S and could be a beast with Minkah imho.

I think he’s smart and athletic enough to make the transition. And it’s not like he’s the best outside CB. We could benefit from this move.I think Norwood could be that guy as well. He's made some good plays whenever he's gotten on the field. And he kinda played a hybrid role last season.

NorthCoast
03-30-2022, 07:59 AM
They’ll have a good investment in Minkah. I don’t think they want or can break the bank on Edmunds.Agreed. Fitz will set a record contract for a safety. Not thrilled with the idea but the defense doesn't work without him.

Oviedo
03-30-2022, 08:05 AM
turned out they were right.

I don't get the anti-Edmunds rhetoric at all. Kid was drafted in the bottom half of the first round. He has been a four year starter. Never misses games. has gotten better every year. Solid against the run.

What would have made him "worthy?" Ten INTs per season?

He is a solid player who will be ten year starter in the NFL. That's good value.

NorthCoast
03-30-2022, 08:12 AM
I don't get the anti-Edmunds rhetoric at all. Kid was drafted in the bottom half of the first round. He has been a four year starter. Never misses games. has gotten better every year. Solid against the run.

He is a solid player who will be ten year starter in the NFL. That's good value.If he got a record contract for a safety then I guess that would validate his pick #. The fact that the Steelers are taking a wait it out approach with him only validates the thinking that he's not worthy of an above average contract.

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2022, 01:05 PM

He is a solid player who will be ten year starter in the NFL. That's good value.

jessie bates, playing the sane position with much less talented players around him, was drafted 24 spots later.
he was named 2nd team all pro last year

Who ever did the scouting. What did they see in edmunds that warranted taking him that high and over a player like bates??

ken o brien started several years for the jets and was a middle of the pack kind of QB. Was it less of a mistake passing on Marino because he was an average starter n the league.

Chucktownsteeler
03-30-2022, 01:10 PM
jessie bates, playing the sane position with much less talented players around him, was drafted 24 spots later.
he was named 2nd team all pro last year

Who ever did the scouting. What did they see in edmunds that warranted taking him that high and over a player like bates??

ken o brien started several years for the jets and was a middle of the pack kind of QB. Was it less of a mistake passing on Marino because he was an average starter n the league.

I think I read somewhere that O'Brien was the only or one of the few QBs that actually had a winning reqord vs. Marino. Both had the same amount of Super Bowl wins.

Iron City Inc.
03-30-2022, 02:06 PM

Twenty may be a bit early for Cine. If we traded back a few spots and got a Cine and say 2 4th rounders one this year and one next ( Dallas at 24) something like that I would not mind that at all. This guy is a really good fit for us. Box safety who can walk out n cover in man, drop into slot, take a big TE man to man. Even flip into cover 1 coverage. Size ,speed good hitter and better tackler. Help our run D from day 1. Special teams a plus there also.
He may not make it to 20 so no chance he makes it to 52. We may be able to do better in round 1 depending on who falls but we could do a lot worse than this stud.