PDA

View Full Version : Tough Read

NorthCoast
03-29-2022, 01:21 PM
After building an outstanding career for so many years it's a little sad to see some of this tarnish from last season. I think the team did Roethlisberger a disservice in extending him on his last contract. Sometimes you have to be a Belichick and cut when ahead;

NFL Offseason - Ben Roethlisberger has finally joined Drew Brees and Philip Rivers on the quarterback farm upstate. And not a moment too soon: Big Ben just couldn't hunt anymore. Once one of the NFL's most dangerous deep passers, Roethlisberger led the NFL in failed completions in 2021. It was his second straight year as the failed completion king.

Unlike two years ago, when he barely clawed his way to the title, Big Ben ran victory laps against his fellow dink-and-dunk stars in 2021. With 130 failed receptions to his name, Roethlisberger takes the crown by 20, the biggest gap since Joe Flacco's legendary 2016 season. It was clearly past time for Roethlisberger to hang 'em up, and we have been getting here for some time—Roethlisberger had over 100 failed completions in each of his last three healthy seasons.

A failed completion is any completed pass that fails to gain 45% of needed yards on first down, 60% on second down, or 100% on third or fourth down. You can see last year's study on the subject here.

Read on for the breakdown (thank goodness for Flacco);

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2022/2021-failed-completions-bell-tolls-roethlisberger

feltdizz
03-29-2022, 01:58 PM
After building an outstanding career for so many years it's a little sad to see some of this tarnish from last season. I think the team did Roethlisberger a disservice in extending him on his last contract. Sometimes you have to be a Belichick and cut when ahead;

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2022/2021-failed-completions-bell-tolls-roethlisberger

But Flacco could’ve won those games if Lamar never replaced him.. lol.

Flacco was so bad his last few years in Bmore.

Ben wasn’t much better.

It was so depressing seeing it live when Ben gave up vs Cincinnati in the first matchup. 4th and goal from the 15.. throws a 4 yard pass to Najee.

NorthCoast
03-29-2022, 02:12 PM

Flacco was so bad his last few years in Bmore.

Ben wasn’t much better.

It was so depressing seeing it live when Ben gave up vs Cincinnati in the first matchup. 4th and goal from the 15.. throws a 4 yard pass to Najee.

Yea, when I read this part I actually felt bad for Najee. He was needlessly pummeled for yards that meant very little;

Roethlisberger threw escape routes and dumpoffs like his life depended on it. Najee Harris had 94 targets with an aDOT of -0.14 yards, 30 more targets than the next-most targeted player with a negative aDOT. A younger Big Ben would have stood in the pocket despite the poor pass protection, shrugged off a few hits, and found targets deep downfield.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-29-2022, 03:17 PM
so, a 4 yard or less completion on first down is a failed whatever thingy... and we're blaming that entirely on Ben? Fascinating

(WR Screen to Ray Ray, 3 yards... BR's fault)

feltdizz
03-29-2022, 03:25 PM
so, a 4 yard or less completion on first down is a failed whatever thingy... and we're blaming that entirely on Ben? Fascinating

(WR Screen to Ray Ray, 3 yards... BR's fault)

Yes.. Ben used to be greedy.

That dink and dunk crap was awful

Steel Maniac
03-29-2022, 03:38 PM

exactly......

SteelBucks
03-29-2022, 03:38 PM

Unfortunately I don’t see that changing with Trubisky or any other QB. I’m just not a fan of the Canada offense.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-29-2022, 03:55 PM

curse Ben for calling those dink and dunk plays...

SteelerOfDeVille
03-29-2022, 03:56 PM
unfortunately i don’t see that changing with trubisky or any other qb. I’m just not a fan of the canada offense.
this.... This... Completely!!!

Northern_Blitz
03-29-2022, 04:05 PM
Unfortunately I don’t see that changing with Trubisky or any other QB. I’m just not a fan of the Canada offense.

Or the Fitchner offense...because they were basically the same IMO.

NorthCoast
03-29-2022, 04:28 PM

(WR Screen to Ray Ray, 3 yards... BR's fault)The Steelers ran 11 personnel 75% of the time last season. There were two other WRs in routes that I guarantee were not 3 yds. Yea, the OL sucked but he too often bailed needlessly or couldn't get the ball to where it needed to go.

Ben Roethlisberger early in career; I'll find a guy if the play isn't there
Ben Roethlisberger last season; I got the ball to the guy in 2.3 seconds....it's up to him to make a play.

Chucktownsteeler
03-29-2022, 04:56 PM
You can't pin all this on Ben. Well you can but you'd be wrong. Let's see what Canada and his "air circus" does next year.

Ben's last 2 year's he had perhaps one of the worst O-lines in recent NFL history. And the year before Najee the RB stable couldn't exactly be called NFL grade.

I like Canada's 3 yard passes behind the LOS on 3rd and longs.

It's all Bens fault. Right.

feltdizz
03-29-2022, 05:00 PM
curse Ben for calling those dink and dunk plays...

yup.. and then on 3rd and 2 throw it 30 yards downfield.

Yeah.. Ben was just doing what he was told.

feltdizz
03-29-2022, 05:03 PM
The Steelers ran 11 personnel 75% of the time last season. There were two other WRs in routes that I guarantee were not 3 yds. Yea, the OL sucked but he too often bailed needlessly or couldn't get the ball to where it needed to go.

Ben Roethlisberger last season; I got the ball to the guy in 2.3 seconds....it's up to him to make a play.

There were times when there was no rush and Ben had time and he threw it short on critical plays.

People trued to claim he was about to get killed but replays showed Ben made his decision before the snap.

He was just older and made business decisions on a lot of plays.

Still got us to the playoffs but I’m curious to see if Trubisky will make this O look younger and fresher.

whisper
03-29-2022, 05:03 PM
Or the Fitchner offense...because they were basically the same IMO.

Which is why just recycling coordinators is a bad idea, and what mostly Pgh has been doing. Every new coach learned his craft from the old coach, and on and on it goes, falling further and further behind the times.

Northern_Blitz
03-29-2022, 05:21 PM
Which is why just recycling coordinators is a bad idea, and what mostly Pgh has been doing. Every new coach learned his craft from the old coach, and on and on it goes, falling further and further behind the times.

I think that was the idea behind bringing Canada in. He was a college guy who ran a different kind of offense. I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that he learned his craft from Fitchner (who I think was mostly just a figurehead OC).

It will be interesting to see what Canada's offense looks like this year. If it's the same BS, I'll be happy to lay more blame at his feet.

But I think the reason we had the same offense ever since Ben threatened to retire if we didn't fire the OC is because it's the offense Ben wanted to run. And given his achievements (and limitations late in his career) it made sense to go with it...although I think it would have been better if we had a better combination of (1) a more gifted OC who could have made it a little less predictable, (2) a QB that was able to do more things and (3) an OL that could block defenders.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-29-2022, 05:30 PM

I still don't think that we know what the Canada offense is. Last year we supposedly had a motion offense with a line that couldn't block anyone and a QB who could not move and threw the ball within two seconds to avoid getting hit. It would be like installing a pro-style NFL offense onto a Kindergarten team.

Chucktownsteeler
03-29-2022, 05:31 PM
Seemed to me Ben did pretty darn good in the 4th quarters. Is that when he chucked Canada's offense. You can't be old for 3 quarters and find the fountain of youth in the 4th quarter.

We will see what wonder boy Matt does this upcoming year. Will it be 3 yard passes behind the LOS on 3rd and longs? How about more WR sweeps with little or no blocking. Time will tell.

WindyCitySteel
03-29-2022, 06:44 PM

Ben missed deep throws all year and didn't even attempt MOF throws. It's not like every receiver ran dink and dunk plays.

Bawb the Revelator
03-29-2022, 08:16 PM

In 2015 was in favor of trading Ben based upon two factors: LA Dodger GM Buzzy Bavasi had a rule that it's better to make a trade
a year too early than a year too late. Following this reasoning YOU DON'T HIT ON EVERY TRADE BUT YOU'RE ALWAYS IN COMPETITION.
2nd factor was/is "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR US LATELY?" 2015 was 5 years after Ben's Steelers lost to Green Bay and Rodgers.
What's the point of anointing any QB a "Future HOF QB?" Unless you're into NFL Hype and less into consistent winning it makes no sense.
And the LA Dodgers with the Yankees, Red Sox and a few other MLB teams are the most popular. Go figure.... Cheers an' 'at :)

NJ-STEELER
03-29-2022, 08:47 PM

10-5 in the playoffs vs. 1-3 in the playoffs for ur Boi

again, i'm happy they did replace him. didn't want to see what he could possibly do again come playoff time with that stacked raven defense and running game they had going that year
he probably would have had more then 2 completions in the 1st half in the SD playoff game too.

keep trying though

NJ-STEELER
03-29-2022, 08:50 PM
another negative thread on ben by the same poster and no sight of captain lemming defending it... like he says he always does
interesting

NJ-STEELER
03-29-2022, 08:53 PM
a disservice in extending him on his last contract. Sometimes you have to be a Belichick and cut when ahead;video]

so the FO should have had a crystal ball to let them know ben would injury to his throwing arm?

feltdizz
03-29-2022, 10:00 PM
10-5 in the playoffs vs. 1-3 in the playoffs for ur Boi

again, i'm happy they did replace him. didn't want to see what he could possibly do again come playoff time with that stacked raven defense and running game they had going that year
he probably would have had more then 2 completions in the 1st half in the SD playoff game too.

keep trying though

Come playoff time? Flacco last appearance in the playoffs was 2014.

The Ravens missed the playoffs 3 years in a row with Flacco before they changed to Lamar.

In 2019 Flacco went 2-6 in Denver.
Lamar won MVP.

Since 2019 Flacco has gone 0-5.

It's hilarious to see you believe in Flacco's ability at that point in his career.

Flasteel
03-29-2022, 10:51 PM
Pure trash.
If Ben wasn't capable of doing it, then he wouldn't have been able to do it in the 2nd half and 4th quarter of so many games this year. Once he started calling his own plays out of the no-huddle, the ball was getting down field and on-target. Ben had more 4th quarter comebacks this past year than any other year of his career. That doesn't wash with a guy who can't get it done any longer.

You cannot even debate this. If he was incapable, then he couldn't have done it week-in and week-out when the game was on the line. It's as simple as that.

T.Ferguson
03-29-2022, 11:02 PM
What's with this continual bashing of one of the greatest players this team has ever had? It's very bizarre tbh.

We did watch the same team last season, right? The offense was awful and once again if not for Ben the Steelers don't even come close to making the playoffs. It's so weird how washed up and can't throw Ben magically came alive when he wasn't running whatever abomination Canada's offense was last season.

Does anyone remember early on in the KC playoff game the Steelers ran a play with a ton of presnap motion only to have it end with an awful pass play to Derek Watt? It was like the offense hadn't even practiced and what brilliant play design! lol. Damn you, Ben!

NorthCoast
03-30-2022, 07:23 AM
You can't pin all this on Ben. Well you can but you'd be wrong. Let's see what Canada and his "air circus" does next year.

Ben's last 2 year's he had perhaps one of the worst O-lines in recent NFL history. And the year before Najee the RB stable couldn't exactly be called NFL grade.

I like Canada's 3 yard passes behind the LOS on 3rd and longs.

It's all Bens fault. Right.The article doesn't pin it all on the QB:

quote - "The bottom just fell out for Roethlisberger last season; a full third of his completions were failures as a combination of no faith in his offensive line and no strength in his arm... Add a quarterback with no arm strength to a porous offensive line, a highly drafted running back, and a 17th regular-season game, and you have the recipe for a run at the single-season failed completions record."

Northern_Blitz
03-30-2022, 07:42 AM
The article doesn't pin it all on the QB:

quote - "The bottom just fell out for Roethlisberger last season; a full third of his completions were failures as a combination of no faith in his offensive line and no strength in his arm... Add a quarterback with no arm strength to a porous offensive line, a highly drafted running back, and a 17th regular-season game, and you have the recipe for a run at the single-season failed completions record."

The terrible offensive line was a huge problem last year. Glad that we made a serious attempt to fix it this year and hope that it works out.

I don't think Ben was good last year (except in the will to win department where he was still amazing). But he was also put in a poor position because we prioritized skill positions over big uglies.

feltdizz
03-30-2022, 10:07 AM
I think the point is MOST franchises tend to move on instead of giving that last contract to their HOFer QB.

Are we behind schedule because we held onto Ben too long? Probably so but given his contributions on the field I think we were okay with letting him retire a Steeler.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-30-2022, 10:33 AM
The Steelers ran 11 personnel 75% of the time last season. There were two other WRs in routes that I guarantee were not 3 yds. Yea, the OL sucked but he too often bailed needlessly or couldn't get the ball to where it needed to go.

you're giving me percentages... which means you agree... it's not ENTIRELY Ben's fault... it's a combination of things, including offensive scheme and Ben's decision making..

SteelerOfDeVille
03-30-2022, 10:34 AM
The article doesn't pin it all on the QB:

Yet it talks about how HE lapped the field....

feltdizz
03-30-2022, 10:43 AM
Yet it talks about how HE lapped the field....

HE was the QB.

This year Mitch will be in the same position if he wins the job. We all know other pieces are at play when it comes to football.

We can blame the DL for the ILBers struggles but they still have to eat those stats of missed tackles and horrible run defense.

NorthCoast
03-30-2022, 10:56 AM
Yet it talks about how HE lapped the field....Fair enough. But the opposite is also true. In the seasons he balled out few people were saying 'it was the OL that allowed him to make those plays.' In fact, most fans say HE made the OL look better than it was.

feltdizz
03-30-2022, 11:01 AM
Fair enough. But the opposite is also true. In the seasons he balled out few people were saying 'it was the OL that allowed him to make those plays.' In fact, most fans say HE made the OL look better than it was.

We’ve seen Ben with bad OL’s before.

Not buying it.

Anytime Ben threw short the OL was to blame and half the time Ben had time to throw somewhere else.

I think people see stat lines and assess blame or praise but rarely watch the film for confirmation. Go back and look at half the plays where they claimed Ben was about to get killed and you will see that Ben had time.. he just decided to throw it short.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-30-2022, 11:31 AM
We’ve seen Ben with bad OL’s before.

Not buying it.

Anytime Ben threw short the OL was to blame and half the time Ben had time to throw somewhere else.

I think people see stat lines and assess blame or praise but rarely watch the film for confirmation. Go back and look at half the plays where they claimed Ben was about to get killed and you will see that Ben had time.. he just decided to throw it short.
Somehow, you know that short throw WAS NOT his first read?

Northern_Blitz
03-30-2022, 12:02 PM
you're giving me percentages... which means you agree... it's not ENTIRELY Ben's fault... it's a combination of things, including offensive scheme and Ben's decision making..

I don't think I've seen anyone say that it wasn't a combination of things on either side of this discussion.

Off the top of my head:

Canada clearly wasn't able to design an offense that fit within the constraints that he had that could be successful in the NFL.

The offensive line clearly wasn't able have consistently successful plays where everyone could do their job at the same time (run or pass).

Ben wasn't able to consistently make accurate intermediate or deep passes to WRs, particularly against tight coverage or to the middle of the field. And he made some head-scratchingly terrible decisions on some critical downs.

WRs weren't able to consistently come down with contested catches (and sometimes not even catches that weren't contested).

Even Najee - who was very good - was generally unable to get explosive plays to the point where Mason Rudolph had our longest run of the season for a pretty long time despite the fact that (i) he's not that mobile a QB and (ii) he only played 1 game.

Chucktownsteeler
03-30-2022, 12:27 PM
I have yet to see where Canada's college style offense is going to succeed in the NFL. Maybe it will but it has yet to be proven. In the NFL everyone on the defense is big and fast. The 3-yard passes behind the LOS isn't going to succeed. Neither are the endless WR sweeps. They fool no one in the NFL.

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2022, 12:31 PM
Come playoff time? Flacco last appearance in the playoffs was 2014.

The Ravens missed the playoffs 3 years in a row with Flacco before they changed to Lamar.

In 2019 Flacco went 2-6 in Denver.
Lamar won MVP.

Since 2019 Flacco has gone 0-5.

It's hilarious to see you believe in Flacco's ability at that point in his career.

WTF does Flacco on another team have to do with the topic?

it’s Flacco with a loaded ravens team in 2018 we’re talking about.
a great defense with a great running game. The sane recipe that won them a Title and made joe a SB champion QB.

ur boi can barely win a playoff game.
You’re lucky he didn’t go early in that draft. Put him on a team like the jets and he’s likely almost out of the league.
As geno smith has shown

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2022, 12:36 PM

maybe if the head coach had any brains, he would realize this.

did you see how low we had to go to hire an assistant OL Coach.
No wonder no one wants to work under this guy. the word is out there

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2022, 12:39 PM

right. His whole career people complained about him wanting to go long all the time.

bit now at the end of his career people like you complain about him not throwing long enough.

cant make this $hit up, can you

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2022, 12:45 PM
The Ravens missed the playoffs 3 years in a row with Flacco before they changed

They were 8-8 and 9-7 the 2 years prior to drafting jackson.

2 non losing seasons.
Or is that argument only good for head coaches that were under qualified when they were hired ???

whisper
03-30-2022, 01:38 PM
I think that was the idea behind bringing Canada in. He was a college guy who ran a different kind of offense. I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that he learned his craft from Fitchner (who I think was mostly just a figurehead OC).

It will be interesting to see what Canada's offense looks like this year. If it's the same BS, I'll be happy to lay more blame at his feet.

But I think the reason we had the same offense ever since Ben threatened to retire if we didn't fire the OC is because it's the offense Ben wanted to run. And given his achievements (and limitations late in his career) it made sense to go with it...although I think it would have been better if we had a better combination of (1) a more gifted OC who could have made it a little less predictable, (2) a QB that was able to do more things and (3) an OL that could block defenders.

I'm not sure it was the O Ben wanted to run, or turned out to be. How many plays did we see where Ben was demonstrably upset at some short sh-t being called, where he threw his arms up like, "see what I mean? That's not going to work?" It turns out Ben was really sick of Haley (threatening to retire) but Todd must be a real d-ck because it seems like everyone who works with him ends up with the same disdain.

It's hard to determine what O Ben really wanted. I'm going to assume he was on board with the "get the ball out o his hands quickly" game, but come 4th quarter he seemed to turn it up a few gears and worked his magic.

All I know is Canada's O better be better than it has been, no more excuses.

feltdizz
03-30-2022, 01:43 PM
They were 8-8 and 9-7 the 2 years prior to drafting jackson.

2 non losing seasons.
Or is that argument only good for head coaches that were under qualified when they were hired ???

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsa0cMrzac4_OSLL2fUPkHf4iS64KUm KFcOQ&usqp=CAU

feltdizz
03-30-2022, 01:55 PM
WTF does Flacco on another team have to do with the topic?

it’s Flacco with a loaded ravens team in 2018 we’re talking about.
a great defense with a great running game. The sane recipe that won them a Title and made joe a SB champion QB.

ur boi can barely win a playoff game.
You’re lucky he didn’t go early in that draft. Put him on a team like the jets and he’s likely almost out of the league.
As geno smith has shown

Flacco was done. He was trash at that point and not worth the money he was being paid. His best days were way behind him but its adorable how you keep propping him up like he still had a chance to turn things around.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-30-2022, 02:11 PM
right. His whole career people complained about him wanting to go long all the time.

bit now at the end of his career people like you complain about him not throwing long enough.

cant make this $hit up, can you
I find it amusing how this change coincided with getting a new OC... yet, people want to give Ben most of the blame...

Still they watched him most games go to no huddle where HE called the plays and the offense looked and performed very differently... His 4th quarter numbers are an easy indication that this mess wasn't on Ben, but on Canada...

And yes, the offense will improve because he has a guy whose style fits his offense. MY concern is when your OC has "his" offense and cannot adapt to the players he has, he's not really a good OC.

I'll revisit the short, quick pass conversation in a year. By then, they'll be saying, "well, it's Tribusky, not Canada"... that saddens me - we're stuck with this dude for a few years, at least until he gets his 3rd QB to run it and they're still throwing passes short of the line to gain...

Northern_Blitz
03-30-2022, 03:20 PM
I find it amusing how this change coincided with getting a new OC... yet, people want to give Ben most of the blame...

Still they watched him most games go to no huddle where HE called the plays and the offense looked and performed very differently... His 4th quarter numbers are an easy indication that this mess wasn't on Ben, but on Canada...

And yes, the offense will improve because he has a guy whose style fits his offense. MY concern is when your OC has "his" offense and cannot adapt to the players he has, he's not really a good OC.

I'll revisit the short, quick pass conversation in a year. By then, they'll be saying, "well, it's Tribusky, not Canada"... that saddens me - we're stuck with this dude for a few years, at least until he gets his 3rd QB to run it and they're still throwing passes short of the line to gain...

Which OC change are you talking about?

Because Canada seemed to be running the same offense as Fitchner. Who was installed to basically run mostly the same offense as Haley...but to be less of a jerk.

I think there's a reason that many teams seem to say that we are super-easy to prepare for because we have been running the same offense for years.

I think part of this was because of the preferences and limitations of Ben, especially as he got older.

I also think that Ben is the best QB we've ever had and the best QB I'll ever see play for the Steelers. I don't think his decline in the last two seasons diminishes what he did for the team.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-30-2022, 04:23 PM

I think the issues of the last two years revolve around the OL. I'm not saying that Ben could have been better, I'm not saying that Canada is a fine OC, I'm saying that we can't know the answer to either of these questions because of the line.

Due to the line, Ben (who was obviously not the Ben of old but who is?) was afraid to hold onto the ball and wait for the play to develop. Young Ben would have been willing to absorb and bounce off the pass rush and find the man. This Ben was not willing to take the hit and throwing the ball faster than any other QB in the league the last two seasons, which the previous 16 years had told us was not what he wants to do.

The problem is that the last year gave us no indication of what the Canada offense looks like because that was definitely not it.

steelguin
03-30-2022, 04:33 PM

Have we seen his offense? Seems to me he probably had to pull a ton of plays because Ben was a statue. I'm hoping that Trubisky with some decent mobility, may be a huge improvement until they can draft the answer.

feltdizz
03-30-2022, 04:53 PM
Which OC change are you talking about?

Because Canada seemed to be running the same offense as Fitchner. Who was installed to basically run mostly the same offense as Haley...but to be less of a jerk.

I think there's a reason that many teams seem to say that we are super-easy to prepare for because we have been running the same offense for years.

I think part of this was because of the preferences and limitations of Ben, especially as he got older.

I also think that Ben is the best QB we've ever had and the best QB I'll ever see play for the Steelers. I don't think his decline in the last two seasons diminishes what he did for the team.

We all know Ben’s best traits are toughness, extending plays and his pump fake.

Even his pump fake was rusty last year.

There is a reason Tomlin says he wants a mobile QB. Its too easy to defend a QB who is limited and has no legs.

Ben still showed flashes in the 4th quarter I just think it wasn’t something he could do for 4 straight quarters.

NorthCoast
03-30-2022, 05:19 PM

I'll revisit the short, quick pass conversation in a year. By then, they'll be saying, "well, it's Tribusky, not Canada"... that saddens me - we're stuck with this dude for a few years, at least until he gets his 3rd QB to run it and they're still throwing passes short of the line to gain...But this overlooks the fact that when he threw downfield it was completed at a career low rate. I've blamed Claypool for a lot of it but it's also fair the QB plays a part.

Also I don't think Canada will get a very long leash with his offense. It's been suggested he is trying to install a college type scheme that might not work in the NFL because LBs and secondary players are so much faster and athletic. He's got QBs, TEs, and a very good RB. The OL was the last piece and should be improved. If they don't move the needle on offense Tomlin will be firing his 4th OC.

Flasteel
03-30-2022, 05:43 PM

This is what I was stating about Ben previously, so I fully agree with each point you are making here. However, I'm not going to pass judgement on Canada or his offense until we see the product on the field this year. I'm hopefully skeptical...if that's a thing. :tt2

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2022, 11:46 PM
Flacco was done. He was trash at that point and not worth the money he was being paid. His best days were way behind him but its adorable how you keep propping him up like he still had a chance to turn things around.

he would have a better chance at a playoff win that year. I guess you discount playoff experience to prop up your argument.
something ur boi couldn’t do until his 3rd year despite “tearing up the league” lol

thank goodness he didn’t have that chance. I applaud Baltimore’s move. I don’t want to see the Steelers biggest rival have playoff success unlike you.

Lamaar looked like a deer in headlights in his first 2 playoffs games. Both at home and both embarrassing performances/losses

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2022, 11:50 PM

It is funny. But not if you on sone of these pages for a long time.
they always shift the blame to ben even when opposite things are happening.
It’s very amusing

NJ-STEELER
03-30-2022, 11:54 PM
I think the issues of the last two years revolve around the OL. I'm not saying that Ben could have been better, I'm not saying that Canada is a fine OC, I'm saying that we can't know the answer to either of these questions because of the line.

Due to the line, Ben (who was obviously not the Ben of old but who is?) was afraid to hold onto the ball and wait for the play to develop. Young Ben would have been willing to absorb and bounce off the pass rush and find the man. This Ben was not willing to take the hit and throwing the ball faster than any other QB in the league the last two seasons, which the previous 16 years had told us was not what he wants to do.

The problem is that the last year gave us no indication of what the Canada offense looks like because that was definitely not it.

or the staff told him. Ben, get rid of the ball to keep yourself healthy. We know that’s not how you played your whole career but we can’t afford another injury to you.
you saw the crap we put out there after you went down in 2018.
we have stars at almost all position on defense. All we need for you is to manage the offense and stay healthy.
We can win this way.
we saw Brady torch us for what seems like decades with the short passing game.

NorthCoast
03-31-2022, 07:49 AM
Penguins with cool tribute to the best Steelers QB of all time.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1509158896191090689

feltdizz
03-31-2022, 08:22 AM
he would have a better chance at a playoff win that year. I guess you discount playoff experience to prop up your argument.
something ur boi couldn’t do until his 3rd year despite “tearing up the league” lol

thank goodness he didn’t have that chance. I applaud Baltimore’s move. I don’t want to see the Steelers biggest rival have playoff success unlike you.

Lamaar looked like a deer in headlights in his first 2 playoffs games. Both at home and both embarrassing performances/losses

Damn dude.. how many Flacco jersey’s do you have?

The man was done and its hilarious seeing you cape for Flacco at the tail end of his career.

Why are you bringing up Flacco’s playoff record like it was ever being disputed?

It was 2018 and you actually believe Flacco could’ve went 7-1 and made the playoffs after missing it the last 3 years? Now that is some serious fandom right there.

Never knew you weee this much of a Flacco fan.

feltdizz
03-31-2022, 08:31 AM
This is what I was stating about Ben previously, so I fully agree with each point you are making here. However, I'm not going to pass judgement on Canada or his offense until we see the product on the field this year. I'm hopefully skeptical...if that's a thing. :tt2

Every QB has an expiration date. Every great athlete has an expiration date.

No idea why some keep trying to blame everything else besides age and physical limitations.

We are starting to see it with Lebron. We saw it happen to Brees, Rivers, Peyton (even tho he won a SB). I think we may have witnessed the beginning of the end with Brady last year which is why he fake retired.

Once you lose what you do best its time to call it a day. Ben couldn’t extend plays and couldn’t throw downfield effectively.

It happens. Doesn’t mean his whole career is trash and I think that is what some fans believe when they see articles pointing out his flaws.

flippy
03-31-2022, 09:17 AM
Every QB has an expiration date. Every great athlete has an expiration date.

No idea why some keep trying to blame everything else besides age and physical limitations.

We are starting to see it with Lebron. We saw it happen to Brees, Rivers, Peyton (even tho he won a SB). I think we may have witnessed the beginning of the end with Brady last year which is why he fake retired.

Once you lose what you do best its time to call it a day. Ben couldn’t extend plays and couldn’t throw downfield effectively.

It happens. Doesn’t mean his whole career is trash and I think that is what some fans believe when they see articles pointing out his flaws.

Brady can play until 100 at the rate he's going. And everyone else will get crucified for not aging as slowly because of his play at his age.

NorthCoast
03-31-2022, 12:42 PM
Brady can play until 100 at the rate he's going. And everyone else will get crucified for not aging as slowly because of his play at his age.Maybe it's just me but I have this feeling that this is the season to bet against Brady. He's a good QB hit away from his season being over at his age.

NJ-STEELER
03-31-2022, 06:30 PM
Damn dude.. how many Flacco jersey’s do you have?

The man was done and its hilarious seeing you cape for Flacco at the tail end of his career.

Why are you bringing up Flacco’s playoff record like it was ever being disputed?

It was 2018 and you actually believe Flacco could’ve went 7-1 and made the playoffs after missing it the last 3 years? Now that is some serious fandom right there.

Never knew you weee this much of a Flacco fan.

says the guy virtually blowing lamaar every chance he gets lol
tell us again how all the NFL was racist asking lamaar if he would play WR. hahahha

NJ-STEELER
03-31-2022, 06:35 PM
Penguins with cool tribute to the best Steelers QB of all time.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1509158896191090689

hopefully ben disposed of the roeth flyer jersey Umberger gave him years ago where is belongs.

feltdizz
03-31-2022, 09:01 PM
says the guy virtually blowing lamaar every chance he gets lol
tell us again how all the NFL was racist asking lamaar if he would play WR. hahahha

haha.. when it turns to sexual insults its a sign the argument is lost.

Look buddy, pointing out the results of Lamar’s first season and admitting he has played better than expected isn’t a sign of fandom or virtual sex acts.. smh. Talk about weird.

Its just facts.

I would appreciate your hate for the Ravens if it was consistent but you are quick to compliment their coaching staff and brag about Flacco’s accomplishments.

I won’t accuse you of anything sexual but everyone can see the hypocrisy.

hawaiiansteel
04-01-2022, 01:46 AM
hopefully ben disposed of the roeth flyer jersey Umberger gave him years ago where is belongs.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPDbTD2XIAIMaDe?format=jpg&name=small