PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Offense

NorthCoast
03-28-2022, 05:18 PM
Chris Carter on SNR; Ben Roethlisberger was so limited on what he could do last season the offense couldn't really do the things they wanted to do. Defenses figured him out in 2020 and played him the same way in 2021. Mitch Trubisky will be a truer indicator of the kind of offense the Steelers want to run. He can move around, slide away from pressure, and throw down field. Combine with Najee Harris' running should make for a much improved offense.

Also, says it makes more sense to pick the 2nd best DL rather than the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft at their pick.

What he says makes a lot of sense.

Chucktownsteeler
03-28-2022, 05:20 PM
Sounds logical if you ask me.

Northern_Blitz
03-28-2022, 05:28 PM
This is certainly the hope.

Although I've heard that Mitch's +20 Air Yard completion percentage has also been poor.

But even if he also isn't good at throwing deep, having good mobility should make us harder to prepare for.

SidSmythe
03-28-2022, 05:58 PM

Although I've heard that Mitch's +20 Air Yard completion percentage has also been poor.

But even if he also isn't good at throwing deep, having good mobility should make us harder to prepare for.

So he'll be the 3rd best deep passer in the AFC North

hackjam
03-28-2022, 06:02 PM

Even just the threat that he could actually hit one should help. Ben looked like he was throwing a 50 lb boulder when throwing downfield by the end of the year. Teams knew he wasn't going to hit anything.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-28-2022, 11:35 PM
Chris Carter on SNR; Ben Roethlisberger was so limited on what he could do last season the offense couldn't really do the things they wanted to do. Defenses figured him out in 2020 and played him the same way in 2021. Mitch Trubisky will be a truer indicator of the kind of offense the Steelers want to run. He can move around, slide away from pressure, and throw down field. Combine with Najee Harris' running should make for a much improved offense.

Also, says it makes more sense to pick the 2nd best DL rather than the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft at their pick.

What he says makes a lot of sense.

I don't think that defenses played Ben the same way in the latter part of '20 (after the winning streak) and last season.

In 2020 once they got used to Ben throwing so quickly the Dlinemen would step back and get their arms up in the passing lanes. Last season they rushed the QB due to no resistance from the Oline. Defenses were able to get pressure on Ben without blitzing.

feltdizz
03-29-2022, 02:12 PM
I don't think that defenses played Ben the same way in the latter part of '20 (after the winning streak) and last season.

In 2020 once they got used to Ben throwing so quickly the Dlinemen would step back and get their arms up in the passing lanes. Last season they rushed the QB due to no resistance from the Oline. Defenses were able to get pressure on Ben without blitzing.

Teams still tried to get to Ben in 2020 after they figured out he was throwing quickly.

I think defenses figured they could play closer to the LOS and didn’t have to worry about anything deep.

I really hope Mitch lives up to expectations.

Northern_Blitz
03-29-2022, 02:23 PM

And Ben was reduced to a shell of himself by Father Time.

He would have absolutely destroyed that kind of defense in his prime.

It was sad to watch.

But it was nice to see him will his way to victory against the Browns and the Rats.

Buzz
03-29-2022, 03:11 PM
But it was nice to see him will his way to victory against the Browns and the Rats.

That's what I'm going to choose to remember about Ben's last season.

NorthCoast
03-31-2022, 07:44 AM
Whoever ends up at QB for PIT better have some wheels.....

not sure who they have penciled in at C but it can't get much worse.

https://i.redd.it/n0awnoa87kq81.jpg