PDA

View Full Version : Qucik thoughts - Ramble ( week 3 FA-NFL Spring meeting)

steeler_george
03-27-2022, 09:11 AM
Last week thoughts:

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/52148-Quick-thought-Rambless-2nd-week-FA-draft-lead-up

Sitting back last week was sort of a wait and revaluate week, maybe they were waiting on Witherspoon to finally sign his contract, or the staff was busy on their tour searching for a a new QB.

I am thinking some deals will be made this week, after Wednesday, when the NFL spring meeting ends.

What I would like, to see this week after last week...

Trades:

1) Make a trade for Parker ( Miami WR) he is in last year of contract, he is older 30 something. Should be now expendable with Hill joining Waddle and now Cedric Wilson on roster. And they need cap and draft picks. I would trade him for a future 5th or 6th. He would fit perfect as the elder WR in the group. He still has talent ( I never was a big fan of his, but he is better than average)
or
2) Speaking of Miami, I wonder if Gaskins is on the trade block. Miami now has Edmunds, Mosart, and Ahmed. Trading him gives them cap space relief. I think I really like this move if possible.

FA

Again on the Miami theme...

WR-Will freaking Fuller.... when healthy he might be the best take the top off WR in the game. He might sign for a dirt cheap contract prove me deal.
Never happen this dude is always hurt. If cheap I would take risk. But imagine Ds trying to cover DJ, CC, WF, Parker ( see below), rookie, Mouth, and Najee and Gaskins ( see below).
Do we need a stronger arm QB to take advantage of Fuller? Willis or Ridder?

RB Mack is still available, he would be a good back up.

SS- All still queit on th S front, waiting on Mathieu to make the first move. ( heard BS rumour that he is going to INDY)
*The market $ keeps dropping, I think Edmunds is still an option ( 1 year prove it deal) , but I am starting to think that the Steelers are looking to move on and draft one. They don't want both starting Safeties same age, don't want them aging same time.
*Kazee ( 28yr) still might be an option, he sounds like an upgrade (ball hawk) over Sutton (27yr) who will be a FA next year.

Draft

Love to draft: Davis and Penning, Muma, Beavers ( Timmons like can play ILB-OLB)
Starting to grow on me again: Willis and Ridder, Brisker and Cine. WR Ross and Pickens

Wyatt is off my draft board, I didn't realize he was 24.

If Willis is there at 20 or we can get him, I think that is who take. Fingers crossed ( that he works out)
I am thinking that if we miss out on Willis, Ridder is our next option.

With all the attention on QB, Flores, Olsavsky and DB coach Brown was at the Pen ST. proday... Brandom Smith and Brisker just landed on our radar!

I am still sticking to my guns and thinking we are trading back, but targeting another 1st round safety and Ridder.

draft something like this (trade for Gaskins and Parker)

Would love the draft if trade back/ trade up and we some how end up with
Ridder Trade back
Cine/Basker Trade up
WR Ross/Pickens/Moore
Beavers

Thing I hate is miss out on DL but we should be deep enough 1 more year of Tuitt-Alu-Heyward-Loudermilk-Wormley-Adams
Same with OT.

steeler_george
03-27-2022, 09:59 AM
Last thought for now...

Can we make this defense even more dangerous by adding an upgrade over Highsmith?
Making Highsmith the 3rd rotation man?