PDA

View Full Version : D. Watson's presser today

whisper
03-25-2022, 03:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em50YAv-ajo

As expected. A ton of BS. DW claimed he didn't know any contract specifics or amounts before he knew he wanted to go there. Sure, he didn't.

feltdizz
03-25-2022, 04:46 PM
They interviewed the Carolina Panthers GM and asked him about his pitch to Watson. He wouldn’t give up any information.

He also said something interesting. All these trades and movement are due to QB’s contracts.

But what really stood out is his admission that GM’s are getting younger, they all know each other and are friends.. they stay in contact in group chats and their wives are all friends.

Probably has always been this way but Colbert is getting out. Time for a young head to man the ship.

whisper
03-25-2022, 04:51 PM
They interviewed the Carolina Panthers GM and asked him about his pitch to Watson. He wouldn’t give up any information.

He also said something interesting. All these trades and movement are due to QB’s contracts.

But what really stood out is his admission that GM’s are getting younger, they all know each other and are friends.. they stay in contact in group chats and their wives are all friends.

Probably has always been this way but Colbert is getting out. Time for a young head to man the ship.

I agree 100%. It is time for sure.

NorthCoast
03-25-2022, 04:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em50YAv-ajo

As expected. A ton of BS. DW claimed he didn't know any contract specifics or amounts before he knew he wanted to go there. Sure, he didn't.Watson might not have know the details but I guarantee his agent knew every i that was dotted and every T that was crossed. I have no doubt in my mind the full guaranteed contract tipped the scales far in the Browns favor. Think about it. You get a quarter billion regardless of what juries, social media, or fans think about the case. Only an idiot wouldn't accept that deal (and only an idiot team would offer it).

Ernie
03-26-2022, 03:41 AM
Watson might not have know the details but I guarantee his agent knew every i that was dotted and every T that was crossed. I have no doubt in my mind the full guaranteed contract tipped the scales far in the Browns favor. Think about it. You get a quarter billion regardless of what juries, social media, or fans think about the case. Only an idiot wouldn't accept that deal (and only an idiot team would offer it).

This.. certainly a deal that a team like the "Commanders" or Dolphins would offer up...

SteelBucks
03-26-2022, 08:44 AM
The PC sounded like a funeral. No one seemed happy. Haslam didn’t even show up in person, he did a Zoom call.

WindyCitySteel
03-26-2022, 08:45 AM
Watson might not have know the details but I guarantee his agent knew every i that was dotted and every T that was crossed. I have no doubt in my mind the full guaranteed contract tipped the scales far in the Browns favor. Think about it. You get a quarter billion regardless of what juries, social media, or fans think about the case. Only an idiot wouldn't accept that deal (and only an idiot team would offer it).

Again, it's only fully guaranteed if he plays it out. If he gets indicted tomorrow, he only gets what he got at signing.

"Fully guaranteed" is propaganda.

WindyCitySteel
03-26-2022, 08:46 AM
The PC sounded like a funeral. No one seemed happy. Haslam didn’t even show up in person, he did a Zoom call.

This is the worst part. Nobody will remember it if he's torching secondaries and the Browns are winning.

whisper
03-26-2022, 04:26 PM

Jimmy is the ultimate in "weak sauce;" total weasel, backstabbing, non-man. He is the entire reason the Browns will never be winners regardless of what he pays for a QB.