PDA

View Full Version : Browns brass got to be real nervous about now

Dwinsgames
03-24-2022, 02:36 PM
second grand jury looking at Watson criminal case https://www.nfl.com/news/second-grand-jury-considering-criminal-complaint-against-browns-qb-deshaun-watso

feltdizz
03-24-2022, 02:57 PM
“there has to be one county in this great state of Texas that will charge this man” - Buzby

Oviedo
03-24-2022, 03:04 PM
Only the Browns....

The Man of Steel
03-24-2022, 03:11 PM
I’m really hoping that Watson never plays even one down for the Browns.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-24-2022, 03:24 PM
I’m really hoping that Watson never plays even one down for the Browns.
same... but, i'm really not sure how he gets charged... sure he's a perv, but these ladies returned... they came back... by choice.... seems like a money grab scheme to me.

SteelBucks
03-24-2022, 03:48 PM
Totally bogus. The Browns said they did extensive research into the allegations. Lol. Yes I’m being sarcastic.

I’d love the Browns to have given up five non refundable draft picks, alienate their current starting QB all for a player that will never suit up in a Browns uniform.

whisper
03-24-2022, 05:22 PM
same... but, i'm really not sure how he gets charged... sure he's a perv, but these ladies returned... they came back... by choice.... seems like a money grab scheme to me.

Yea, and the track record is if one grand jury finds you not guilty so will the others. And if the lawyers start seeing these charges failing to stand up, they are gonna bail.

Dwinsgames
03-24-2022, 05:40 PM
Yea, and the track record is if one grand jury finds you not guilty so will the others. And if the lawyers start seeing these charges failing to stand up, they are gonna bail.

its 1 lawyer for all the accusers ........ some find that a bit fishy too

Northern_Blitz
03-24-2022, 05:51 PM
It would be so Browns if he was found guilty.

SteelBucks
03-24-2022, 06:41 PM
It would be so Browns if he was found guilty.

He wasn’t indicted today but you know there will be another case.

I apologize for wanting Watson. He’s more trouble than what he is worth.

Chucktownsteeler
03-24-2022, 09:10 PM
What would happen to the guaranteed money in the contract?

Chucktownsteeler
03-24-2022, 09:17 PM
At least they’ll have Jacoby Brissett.

Dwinsgames
03-24-2022, 09:50 PM
another disaster averted for browns .... Second Texas grand jury declines to indict Browns QB Deshaun Watson on criminal charges

hackjam
03-24-2022, 10:44 PM
What would happen to the guaranteed money in the contract?

I believe that he forfeits base salary if he's suspended. I assume that's why his base salary is only about $1MM in 2022.

WindyCitySteel
03-25-2022, 06:27 AM
I guarantee the money isn't "guaranteed", but rather "virtually guaranteed". If Deshaun were to get tried and convicted and never play, he wouldn't see anything past this year.

Chucktownsteeler
03-25-2022, 07:50 AM
I guarantee the money isn't "guaranteed", but rather "virtually guaranteed". If Deshaun were to get tried and convicted and never play, he wouldn't see anything past this year.

But would it count against their cap?

WindyCitySteel
03-25-2022, 09:55 AM
But would it count against their cap?

I think only any money paid out is counted against the cap. Base against the current year, bonuses spread over remaining years.

Truly guaranteed would mean they gave him $230M at signing.

Steel Maniac
03-25-2022, 09:56 AM

It is a money grab.

Eich
03-25-2022, 10:33 AM
Yeah, but 22 of them? That's a lot of grabbing going on!

feltdizz
03-25-2022, 10:36 AM

I’m sure they have a clause in there for a criminal charge.

He isn’t getting charged tho so he’s good.

Civil trial may hurt his pockets if they decide to settle but based on the amount of women I doubt he settles with all of them. I’m sure there are some who hopped on for a money grab but the text and timelines won’t work in their favor.

Also believe this Buzbee guy is a Gloria Alridge type lawyer who doesn’t actually want to go to trial and hoped the negative press would lead to a quick settlement.

feltdizz
03-25-2022, 10:38 AM
Yeah, but 22 of them? That's a lot of grabbing going on!

and somehow the Grand Jury didn’t have enough evidence to move forward.

That lawyer was hoping that number would influence the public and the jury but they once you have to present evidence those numbers dwindle.

Northern_Blitz
03-25-2022, 11:13 AM
I’m sure they have a clause in there for a criminal charge.

He isn’t getting charged tho so he’s good.

Civil trial may hurt his pockets if they decide to settle but based on the amount of women I doubt he settles with all of them. I’m sure there are some who hopped on for a money grab but the text and timelines won’t work in their favor.

Also believe this Buzbee guy is a Gloria Alridge type lawyer who doesn’t actually want to go to trial and hoped the negative press would lead to a quick settlement.

I thought I heard that his contract says something about not being able to be fined by the team (or maybe just to have the contract terminated by the team?) as a result of pre-existing NFL conduct issues (i.e. anything to do with these accusations).

Edited to add: I still don't get how this isn't prostitution. Because it's super-obvious that this was never about massages. I guess even a thin veneer is enough.

WindyCitySteel
03-25-2022, 12:28 PM
and somehow the Grand Jury didn’t have enough evidence to move forward.

That lawyer was hoping that number would influence the public and the jury but they once you have to present evidence those numbers dwindle.

You can find the accusations online - mostly he asked them to touch his junk, or rubbed it against them while they were working. Sounds like he had an expectation for a happy ending that he never got.

Steel Maniac
03-25-2022, 01:17 PM
You can find the accusations online - mostly he asked them to touch his junk, or rubbed it against them while they were working. Sounds like he had an expectation for a happy ending that he never got.

Check the background of the young ladies in question.

Chucktownsteeler
03-25-2022, 02:23 PM
He should have consulted Robert Kraft.

whisper
03-25-2022, 02:47 PM

Now, he almost has as much $ as Robert has. :D

whisper
03-25-2022, 03:53 PM
2nd Grand Jury failed to indict him on anything. I think now his only hurdle is NFL punishment.

Eich
03-25-2022, 04:08 PM

Or they regretted not getting more for the happy endings he got.

Northern_Blitz
03-26-2022, 07:53 AM
2nd Grand Jury failed to indict him on anything. I think now his only hurdle is NFL punishment.

And civil cases. But I wonder if they get him to just pay that away.

kindlecatsb'ng
03-26-2022, 08:36 AM

He seems to have gotten what Bob Kraft received. I do not recall anything more coming out of that.