Not a significant loss

Buzz
03-18-2022, 07:48 PM
so much for continuity in the WR room

two 2nd round picks gonzo

hope we can get a couple decent receivers in FA/draft

Chucktownsteeler
03-18-2022, 07:52 PM
Only positive WR an easier position to fill than most others. College doing a good job developing wide outs.

Ernie
03-18-2022, 07:53 PM
Not a significant loss

Good for JW. Always liked him.. hopefully he will get some looks in Dallas

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 08:12 PM
Olave in Round 1.

Get used to hearing this until the draft. ;)

Ernie
03-18-2022, 08:20 PM
Olave in Round 1.

The only way I draft WR in round one is if we know for sure Tuitt is back.

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 08:42 PM

The Steelers should know by then.

NJ-STEELER
03-18-2022, 11:42 PM
Olave in Round 1.

i'm working him into a lot of simulator mocks. and still getting riddler/strong in the 2nd round

WindyCitySteel
03-19-2022, 11:34 AM
i'm working him into a lot of simulator mocks. and still getting riddler/strong in the 2nd round

Olave and Ridder would have me absolutely over the moon.

Steel Maniac
03-19-2022, 06:08 PM
Washinton wanted to be traded last year ; so we let him walk and get nothing. We should of traded him as he wished.

hawaiiansteel
03-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Olave and Ridder would have me absolutely over the moon.

I would be very happy with that.

Mr.wizard
03-19-2022, 08:05 PM
Don't get the Ridder hype, I could be wrong but I think he will be a dud in NFL.

hawaiiansteel
03-19-2022, 08:11 PM
Don't get the Ridder hype, I could be wrong but I think he will be a dud in NFL.

I don't get the Malik Willis hype, he's so raw I think he's going to take a long time to be ready for the NFL.

Chucktownsteeler
03-19-2022, 08:29 PM
Of Ridder, Willis, and Strong I think Strong in the 2nd would be fine. But I don’t think we are going QB.

steeler_george
03-20-2022, 05:46 AM
Washinton wanted to be traded last year ; so we let him walk and get nothing. We should of traded him as he wished.

They should have traded him, I am starting to think this front office needs to be more agressive in trading, instead of trying to play the comp pic game.

They just are not lucky or good at it.

BUT, I do wonder could losing 3 of WR and Haden play a role in the comp calculations at least garner a late draft pick.
What if JuJu, Washington, and (OK forget about Ray-Ray) go off. Also include Haden.
Would that be enough to offset Trubisky, Daniels, Coles, Levi, who all signed fairly cheap contracts.

Moonie
03-20-2022, 09:37 AM
Not a significant loss

Washington can be labeled a bust.

Ernie
03-20-2022, 09:44 AM
Washington can be labeled a bust.

I guess we will see if it was due to lack of ability.. or the system he was in. Alot of folks were calling Manny Sanders a bust when he left Pitt.. and we see how that turned out.

WindyCitySteel
03-20-2022, 10:03 AM

High floor, IMO. Great athletic ability, gym rat, mature kid, winner/competitor.

The Man of Steel
03-20-2022, 10:05 AM
I guess we will see if it was due to lack of ability.. or the system he was in. Alot of folks were calling Manny Sanders a bust when he left Pitt.. and we see how that turned out.
At the time Sanders was just the least talented member of the Young Money Crew so he was more of an oversight than a bust.

Ernie
03-20-2022, 10:08 AM
At the time Sanders was just the least talented member of the Young Money Crew so he was more of an oversight than a bust.

I can make that exact case for JW.

The Man of Steel
03-20-2022, 10:16 AM
I can make that exact case for JW.
But JW came to Pittsburgh with a Biletnikoff Award and his college QB in tow and didn’t do diddly.

Ernie
03-20-2022, 10:20 AM
But JW came to Pittsburgh with a Biletnikoff Award and his college QB in tow and didn’t do diddly.

Some folks forget he led the team in receiving when Ben was out... with terrible QB play..
I guess the term "Bust" can be looked at as production vs round drafted. It's not necessarily the case that the dude cant play... I'm leaning more towards the lack of opportunities with a bad scheme and bottom tier QB play...
I guess time will tell.

Oviedo
03-20-2022, 04:49 PM

Agree...otherwise go for DL

Buzz
03-20-2022, 11:19 PM
Some folks forget he led the team in receiving when Ben was out...

I think he was the leading receiver on the team when the Duck was in at QB

NJ-STEELER
03-20-2022, 11:20 PM
They should have traded him, .

true

I thought out motto was "we don't want hostages" or something like that.

just more BS i guess

Shawn
03-20-2022, 11:49 PM
Olave in Round 1.

Get used to hearing this until the draft. ;) Dear goodness Bucks no. I love you man as a fellow Bucks brother but no to a WR in the first. I was always a bigger fan of Wilson. Me and my dad constantly argued about it. Now if it was Njiba? Now that cat is special. I want special in the first, and I just don't think Olave is anything more than a good nfl pro.

SS Laser
03-21-2022, 12:04 AM
If I remember correctly Sanders had injury issues also in Pit. Could not stay on the field enough.

Moonie
03-21-2022, 12:46 AM
I don’t recall bust talk with Sanders. As someone else noted, he was just considered expendable in light of who we had.

Sanders was also 3rd round pick. Washington was 2nd round.

He had plenty of opportunities. He was a bust.

Ernie
03-21-2022, 05:45 AM
I don’t recall bust talk with Sanders. As someone else noted, he was just considered expendable in light of who we had.

Sanders was bashed by many on here at the time of his departure... call it what you want.

And I dont agree with the "Plenty of opportunities" comment. Ben was notorious for being slow through his progressions... and with our O-Line being bottom tier... "Evolving" into Canadas offense... well.. that just didnt bode well for a receiver down the depth chart. I guess time will tell as to whether or not he is considered a bust.

NJ-STEELER
03-21-2022, 12:25 PM

and oddly enough, we took him over a "1st round grade(d)" mason rudolph

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-21-2022, 12:28 PM
Some folks forget he led the team in receiving when Ben was out... with terrible QB play..
I guess the term "Bust" can be looked at as production vs round drafted. It's not necessarily the case that the dude cant play... I'm leaning more towards the lack of opportunities with a bad scheme and bottom tier QB play...
I guess time will tell.

I agree. Ben doesn't like to throw to guys who have not gained separation. JW excels in making catches without gaining separation. When the ball is thrown his way he often makes great catches in traffic.

feltdizz
03-21-2022, 01:25 PM
I agree. Ben doesn't like to throw to guys who have not gained separation. JW excels in making catches without gaining separation. When the ball is thrown his way he often makes great catches in traffic.

unfortunately he also didn’t catch a lot of them because they were contested.

I had such high hopes for JW but IMO he was too slow. People scoffed at my criticism of his speed but we never saw him running away from defenders.