SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 04:25 PM
Per Twitter.

WR is now a position of need.

hawaiiansteel
03-18-2022, 04:26 PM
Per Twitter.

wouldn't surprise me at all now if we used our 1st or 2nd round draft pick on a WR.

Northern_Blitz
03-18-2022, 04:27 PM
Good for Juju.

I was hoping we'd get him back cheap. But it seems like KC will give him an opportunity to see if he still has "it".

Chucktownsteeler
03-18-2022, 04:28 PM
I just saw that on SD. Heartbreaker but wish him well. WR is a top priority now, Ray-Ray gone, JuJu gone, haven't heard anything on Washington. We may go WR is the first. May have to.

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 04:29 PM
1 year. 10.75M

hawaiiansteel
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220318/3a192324d7f06d6de51dcefbc49cfa1b.jpg

SteelBucks
I just saw that on SD. Heartbreaker but wish him well. WR is a top priority now, Ray-Ray gone, JuJu gone, haven't heard anything on Washington. We may go WR is the first. May have to.

Washington wants to go to Dallas.

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 04:31 PM
wouldn't surprise me at all now if we used our 1st or 2nd round draft pick on a WR.

I’d move WR to round 1 if they don’t pick someone up. Landry?

Chucktownsteeler
03-18-2022, 04:34 PM
I’d move WR to round 1 if they don’t pick someone up. Landry?

I wouldn't go Landry. Health issues and what little I watched of the browns he dropped critical passes.

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 04:39 PM
Steelers writers said we didn’t make JuJu an offer. Says a lot.

Northern_Blitz
03-18-2022, 04:40 PM
WR is still a need. But we're also talking about WR3.

Sounds like the draft class is pretty deep.

I've heard several people say that the "sweet spot" for value might be rd 3 or 4 (whatever that means exactly).

Sounds like lots of fast guys too. Hopefully some good slot guys. Maybe no one like Juju in terms of a big slot. Maybe more of a traditional shifty slot guy.

Miller still around too. I know he didn't really do much last season. But he probably is an actual NFL WR.

So I think we need improvement at the position, but I don't think it's a hair on fire emergency.

Still no starting SS.

Northern_Blitz
03-18-2022, 04:40 PM

I bet Juju told us that he wasn't coming back.

After the last 3 years, I'm sure he wanted a change of scenery.

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 04:42 PM
Well my Olave wish may come true. Jameson Williams will also be there at 20 although he’s rehabbing an ACL.

Chucktownsteeler
03-18-2022, 04:44 PM
Justin Ross, WR, Clemson

feltdizz
03-18-2022, 04:45 PM

Mahommes or Mitch?

Why waste ink when you know he is gone?

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 04:49 PM
Mahommes or Mitch?

Why waste ink when you know he is gone?

Sounds like the Steelers moved on from him after the season ended.

I don’t really care. We just need to find a WR or two. Not sure I have much faith in Claypool being our #1.

Steel Maniac
03-18-2022, 04:53 PM
Per Twitter.

It alwasy was a position of need. Juju was vastly overrated. One good year out of four years does not scream that your a good WR.

Steel Maniac
03-18-2022, 04:55 PM
Well, we know a few teams will be taking WR's ....like Green Bay for example.

The Man of Steel
03-18-2022, 04:55 PM
I just looked at available free agent WR’s and saw the names Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders on the list. The Young Money Crew reunited.

Chucktownsteeler
03-18-2022, 04:56 PM
I just looked at available free agent WR’s and saw the names Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders on the list. Young money reunited.

Just say no.

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 04:57 PM
The Ohio State Pro Day just got more interesting for me. They have no shot at Garrett but may have a chance at Olave.

The Man of Steel
03-18-2022, 04:58 PM
Just say no.
Might be an upgrade over JuJu and RayRay.

Chucktownsteeler
03-18-2022, 04:59 PM
Might be an upgrade over JuJu and RayRay.

No, that ship has sailed. I wouldn't want either one.

Steel Maniac
03-18-2022, 05:03 PM
No, that ship has sailed. I wouldn't want either one.

I'm looking for Colbert to work his WR magic and find us a good one.

SteelSpain
03-18-2022, 05:04 PM

And a FA in the coming days. He's the 3rd WR we lose. We are very, very thin there.

Buzz
03-18-2022, 05:05 PM
After Ju Ju worked so hard to make it back for the playoffs, I feel kinda bad that we had to cut him

That said, WR is one of the easier positions to replace ... is now a draft priority, IMO

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 05:11 PM
JuJu counts $5.6M in dead money for 2022.

NorthCoast
03-18-2022, 05:17 PM
Julio is still out there. He would be Juju2.0 in the slot.

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 05:20 PM
Julio is still out there. He would be Juju2.0 in the slot.

I’m on the Chris Olave train.

Prowler
03-18-2022, 05:40 PM
Well my Olave wish may come true. Jameson Williams will also be there at 20 although he’s rehabbing an ACL.

Olave is the choice for my newest Steelers mock draft.

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 05:44 PM
Olave is the choice for my newest Steelers mock draft.

This may be the first time I’ve ever agreed with you. lol

Chucktownsteeler
03-18-2022, 05:47 PM

If he becomes a Steeler I’ll need to find a way to block out his error vs Clemson.

Chucktownsteeler
03-18-2022, 05:47 PM
That play ripped my heart out.

T.Ferguson
03-18-2022, 05:49 PM
Not surprised at all, Chiefs were rumored to have wanted him last season I believe. I mean if you're a WR where are you going if given the chance, it's a no brainer but I wish he was coming back. Steelers definitely drafting a WR, it's a pretty deep class this year.

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 05:50 PM

They got them back the following year. I like to think of the Olave blocked punt versus Michigan. I never heard of him before that play. I was at the game and it was a beaut.

Chucktownsteeler
03-18-2022, 05:52 PM
They got them back the following year. I like to think of the Olave blocked punt versus Michigan. I never heard of him before that play. I was at the game and it was a beaut.

Maybe that blocked punt against TTUN might help me.

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 08:15 PM
Well Jackson Mahomes can have tik tok battles with JuJu.

Hate to see the guy go.

hawaiiansteel
03-18-2022, 10:51 PM

Skyy Moore is a 5'9" WR from W. Mich. Grew up n the Pittsburgh area and was best friends with Dino Tomlin in HS.

George Pickens is a 6'3" WR from Ga. Steelers have met with him twice at the combine and Tomlin, Colbert, Flores, and Jackson were at his pro day. Outside WR with speed and route mastery.

one of these guys has a good chance of being drafted by the Steelers.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-19-2022, 12:07 AM
i bet they didn’t know they could get him for $3 mil plus incentives

SteelerOfDeVille
03-19-2022, 12:09 AM
Skyy Moore is a 5'9" WR from W. Mich. Grew up n the Pittsburgh area and was best friends with Dino Tomlin in HS.

George Pickens is a 6'3" WR from Ga. Steelers have met with him twice at the combine and Tomlin, Colbert, Flores, and Jackson were at his pro day. Outside WR with speed and route mastery.

one of these guys has a good chance of being drafted by the Steelers.
people keep projecting Pickens as a 2nd rounder… hoping they don’t take him in the first at 1.20

SteelerOfDeVille
03-19-2022, 12:14 AM
same, Chuck. Same

The Man of Steel
03-19-2022, 06:14 AM
James Washington signed with the Cowboys if any one cares.

Ernie
03-19-2022, 06:44 AM
James Washington signed with the Cowboys if any one cares.

Alot of the same kind of talk when Manny Sanders left... and we see how that turned out. I wish him well. Good player and better teammate.

Captain Lemming
03-19-2022, 09:46 AM
I just looked at available free agent WR’s and saw the names Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders on the list. The Young Money Crew reunited.

Just add Wallace, who needs s paycheck and we can go from "young money crew" to "over the hill gang 2";)

Captain Lemming
03-19-2022, 09:58 AM
people keep projecting Pickens as a 2nd rounder… hoping they don’t take him in the first at 1.20

If you like a guy at a spot you don't worry about projections.

If you think he is worth 1-20, don't assume he won't be picked 1-21 and be "better" than the guy draftniks say is a surefire first rounder.

Captain Lemming
03-19-2022, 10:10 AM

All it says is that they did not want to beat his offer.

WindyCitySteel
03-19-2022, 10:23 AM
WR is still a need. But we're also talking about WR3.

Sounds like the draft class is pretty deep.

I've heard several people say that the "sweet spot" for value might be rd 3 or 4 (whatever that means exactly).

Sounds like lots of fast guys too. Hopefully some good slot guys. Maybe no one like Juju in terms of a big slot. Maybe more of a traditional shifty slot guy.

Miller still around too. I know he didn't really do much last season. But he probably is an actual NFL WR.

So I think we need improvement at the position, but I don't think it's a hair on fire emergency.

Still no starting SS.

WR3? That's what Claypool is, DJ is a WR2. The Steelers are desperately in need of a #1. I hope they don't agree and settle for another 2nd tier guy.

If they pass on Olave or Jameson Williams to take f*cking Terrell Edmunds 2.0 I'm not going to be happy.

Steel Maniac
03-19-2022, 10:29 AM
WR3? That's what Claypool is, DJ is a WR2. The Steelers are desperately in need of a #1. I hope they don't agree and settle for another 2nd tier guy.

If they pass on Olave or Jameson Williams to take f*cking Terrell Edmunds 2.0 I'm not going to be happy.

Go check out the info of Devin Lloyd my friend. Tell me then who you like at # 20 in the first round.

Northern_Blitz
03-19-2022, 11:28 AM

Claypool was 35th in receiving yards last season. He was 54th in receptions. And 36th in targets.

I know his TDs were down and that was disappointing. But he was 14th in TDs in 2020.

He's probably about an average WR2 (with some upside left). There aren't 64 better WRs in the league.

And while he can certainly get better at coming down with contested catches (and not falling down when he does catch it), I think being a deep ball threat on the team the last two years hasn't been easy since we weren't good at throwing intermediate or deep routes.

I think people undervalue him because his potential ceiling is so high and it's frustrating that he's not as good as we all hope he'll be. But he's still young and raw.

Unfortunately, it sounds like Mitch doesn't have great deep ball accuracy either.

It would be great to have an elite #1 that pushes everyone else down the depth chart. But it's not a huge need IMO.

For comparison: DJ 6th in receptions, 10th in yards, 3rd in targets, 16th in TDs. He's probably a 2nd tier WR1. Not an elite guy. But a guy that can carry the big target load. And he's a great route runner that gets open. I think he'll continue to do well with Mitch. But I don't think he'll see the same number of targets. Because hopefully we won't throw as much.

whisper
03-19-2022, 01:49 PM

I think a 2nd. Lots of good ones in this draft.

whisper
03-19-2022, 01:59 PM
Go check out the info of Devin Lloyd my friend. Tell me then who you like at # 20 in the first round.

I'm also high on Lloyd.

SteelBucks
03-19-2022, 02:05 PM
JuJu’s mom said on IG that he wanted to stay but the Steelers didn’t make an offer.

I’m fine with it. Time to replenish the WR corps.

whisper
03-19-2022, 02:18 PM
JuJu’s mom said on IG that he wanted to stay but the Steelers didn’t make an offer.

1 year, $10.75 mill. That's more than Pgh wanted to spend. Good. He could be worth it, but I'm leaning towards not: last 3 year average, 4 TDs, 500 yards. Pgh didn't make an offer because both sides knew what JuJu was looking for, and it was too much.

NJ-STEELER
03-19-2022, 05:03 PM

hopefully there’s not a safety out there with a twin brother that might confuse Mikey. Lol

T.Ferguson
03-19-2022, 05:08 PM

I'm surprised he wanted to stay, he's a good kid. Looking at his career though why stay with Trubisky and Canada if you could go to a team with Mahomes and that offense? That's almost being loyal to the point of being detrimental to your career imo.

Chucktownsteeler
03-19-2022, 05:55 PM
I'm surprised he wanted to stay, he's a good kid. Looking at his career though why stay with Trubisky and Canada if you could go to a team with Mahomes and that offense? That's almost being loyal to the point of being detrimental to your career imo.

He’s a good player and better person. Canada’s offense has the WRs taking a beating. Can’t blame him for wanting out.

hawaiiansteel
03-19-2022, 06:14 PM
I'm also high.

yeah, we noticed. :p

whisper
03-19-2022, 06:19 PM
yeah, we noticed. :p

This is YOUR theme song, not mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzrh5GftgzM

Northern_Blitz
03-19-2022, 06:37 PM

I bet he didn't.

Hard to see him thinking coming back last year was a good idea.

Mr.wizard
03-19-2022, 07:54 PM
Steelers just didn't have a reason to offer him a contract, he just hasnt been that productive. No reason to pay a higher price for production you can get out of the draft.

NorthCoast
03-19-2022, 08:13 PM
Steelers just didn't have a reason to offer him a contract, he just hasnt been that productive. No reason to pay a higher price for production you can get out of the draft.

I think the correct scenario was the Steelers told him to see what his market was and get back to them. When he said he got an offer of $10M they didn't want to insult him with a far lower offer.
So more correctly the Steelers didn't give him a 'counteroffer', which effectively was no offer.I am sure PIT would have brought him back but at a far lower price.

SteelBucks
03-19-2022, 08:28 PM
I think the correct scenario was the Steelers told him to see what his market was and get back to them. When he said he got an offer of $10M they didn't want to insult him with a far lower offer.
So more correctly the Steelers didn't give him a 'counteroffer', which effectively was no offer.I am sure PIT would have brought him back but at a far lower price.

I’m not sure about that. I think the Steelers are disappointed with the WR room as a whole. I’m sure they would have let others walk if they were free agents.

They need fresh blood. They’re nowhere near where they need to be at the position to be successful. They’ll go hard addressing it at the draft.

I don’t think JuJu was returning under any circumstance. Same with Ray-Ray and Washington.

Moonie
03-19-2022, 08:49 PM
I'm going to miss JuJu. A true Steeler. I wish there was some way we could have kept him around. He is going to have some big years with Mahomes.

NJ-STEELER
03-19-2022, 08:58 PM
Other then AB and I guess Hines way back.

Is there any receiver the Steelers have signed after their rookie contract?

I guess there’s juju for 1 year too.
it doesn’t look promising for DJ or chase

NorthCoast
03-19-2022, 09:01 PM
I'm going to miss JuJu. A true Steeler. I wish there was some way we could have kept him around. He is going to have some big years with Mahomes.Don't feel bad for him. He's already got his tiktok buddy lined up in KC;

Jackson Mahomes Has Already Reached Out to JuJu Smith-Schuster About Collaborating on TikTok
Gallery Icon SJ - MARCH 19, 2022
Anyone who knows anything about Jackson Mahomes and JuJu Smith-Schuster could have predicted a TikTok collaboration after the wide receiver signed with the Chiefs.
What many probably didn't expect, but should have, is how quickly Mahomes reached out to Smith-Schuster to do a collaboration. It was within hours of Smith-Schuster's signing.
Holy ****. The combination of Jackson Mahomes and Brittany Matthews was bad enough. Fans around the NFL are about to see a whole new level of annoying coming out of Kansas City.
This new TikTok dynamic duo might be doing on the field collaborations before, during and after games.
Getting to play with Patrick Mahomes for over $10 million has to be nice, but if we ask JuJu, I bet getting to collab with Jackson is why he picked the Chiefs.

SteelBucks
03-19-2022, 09:05 PM
Don't feel bad for him. He's already got his tiktok buddy lined up in KC;

This is probably some of the crap that the Steelers wanted to move away from.

Moonie
03-19-2022, 10:25 PM
This is probably some of the crap that the Steelers wanted to move away from.

The Steelers don’t give a flip about what anyone does on Tik-Tok.

Captain Lemming
03-19-2022, 10:45 PM

But silly fans do. :)

SteelBucks
03-19-2022, 11:01 PM

They do when Tomlin put a stop to some of the JuJu Tik Tok nonsense a couple of seasons ago.

Captain Lemming
03-19-2022, 11:21 PM

Exactly. We signed him for 8 million last season. Juju comes back, "can you beat 10 million on a long term deal?" Nope.

Juju ain't gonna sign another 1 year prove it deal with our sorry QBs over Mahommes.

Buzz
03-19-2022, 11:22 PM
1 year, $10.75 mill. That's more than Pgh wanted to spend. .

KC didn't exactly stick their neck out ... the base of the contract is reportedly only about $3 million, with the other $7.75 million merely possible through performance incentives. I'm really surprised that the Steelers let him go for that kind of deal which, let's face it, is peanuts in terms of today's crazy FA WR spending.

Captain Lemming
03-19-2022, 11:26 PM
I guarantee you Juju will be worth his money with the Chiefs. He will get a nice (not outrageous) long term deal. He is no scrub.

Buzz
03-20-2022, 12:00 AM
Posted by Mike Florio
March 19, 2022

Some contracts get exaggerated this time of year. Then there’s the contract signed by new Chiefs receiver JuJu Smith Schuster.

It was spoon fed both to ESPN and NFL Media as a one-year, $10.75 million deal. The truth is lower than that.

A lot lower.

The deal has a base value of only $3.25 million, per a source with knowledge of the deal. Of that amount, only $2.49 million is fully guaranteed at signing.

He gets a signing bonus of $1.455 million and a fully-guaranteed base salary of $1.035 million. The rest of the base package comes from a workout bonus ($250,000) and per-game roster bonuses ($30,000 per game, or up to $510,000).

The deal includes $7.5 million in incentives, at least $2 million of which hinge on the Chiefs at least getting to the AFC Championship. We’ll post the full details of the incentive package when we have them.

For now, here’s the truth. The reports of $10.75 million on a one-year deal are the opposite of truth, with the fluff representing more than twice the true base amount of the deal.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/19/juju-smith-schuster-deal-is-worth-far-less-than-reported/

Ernie
03-20-2022, 06:01 AM
Posted by Mike Florio
March 19, 2022

Some contracts get exaggerated this time of year. Then there’s the contract signed by new Chiefs receiver JuJu Smith Schuster.

It was spoon fed both to ESPN and NFL Media as a one-year, $10.75 million deal. The truth is lower than that.

A lot lower.

The deal has a base value of only $3.25 million, per a source with knowledge of the deal. Of that amount, only $2.49 million is fully guaranteed at signing.

He gets a signing bonus of $1.455 million and a fully-guaranteed base salary of $1.035 million. The rest of the base package comes from a workout bonus ($250,000) and per-game roster bonuses ($30,000 per game, or up to $510,000).

The deal includes $7.5 million in incentives, at least $2 million of which hinge on the Chiefs at least getting to the AFC Championship. We’ll post the full details of the incentive package when we have them.

For now, here’s the truth. The reports of $10.75 million on a one-year deal are the opposite of truth, with the fluff representing more than twice the true base amount of the deal.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/19/juju-smith-schuster-deal-is-worth-far-less-than-reported/

Unreal. I wouldve thought for sure we couldve offered a reasonable deal. This is the one real mistake weve made this off season IMO

flippy
03-20-2022, 06:16 AM
Unreal. I wouldve thought for sure we couldve offered a reasonable deal. This is the one real mistake weve made this off season IMO

And according to Juju’s mom’s tweet, she sounded like Juju would have taken a discount again to stay in Pittsburgh.

Oh well. He’ll probably do great in KC and never even get covered.

NorthCoast
03-20-2022, 08:13 AM

Then why did Heyward call out Bush for his tweets?
They care when it's a distraction to the team.

NorthCoast
03-20-2022, 08:20 AM
I guarantee you Juju will be worth his money with the Chiefs. He will get a nice (not outrageous) long term deal. He is no scrub.

Let me ask you, who would know juju's value better, the team he played for 4 yrs on or a team that just signed him?
I think the Steelers looked at what was available in the draft and decided he was easily replaceable.
The Steelers rarely sign WRs to a second contract unless they are clear #1s.

Ernie
03-20-2022, 08:20 AM
And according to Juju’s mom’s tweet, she sounded like Juju would have taken a discount again to stay in Pittsburgh.

Oh well. He’ll probably do great in KC and never even get covered.

They do seem to run down field wide open in KC.. I suspect he will be an impact player from day 1

Ernie
03-20-2022, 08:23 AM
Let me ask you, who would know juju's value better, the team he played for 4 yrs on or a team that just signed him?
I think the Steelers looked at what was available in the draft and decided he was easily replaceable.
The Steelers rarely sign WRs to a second contract unless they are clear #1s.

I'd say "Value" varies from one team, system, etc. to the next. Just because it appears Juju had peaked with us.. doesn't mean he cant be a top tier player with a more explosive offense, mvp type qb..

Eich
03-20-2022, 08:42 AM
Clearly, the Steelers did not want him back. A bit of a head-scratcher. He's the most physical receiver we've had since Hines. Did the shoulder surgery scare them off?

WindyCitySteel
03-20-2022, 08:44 AM
KC didn't exactly stick their neck out ... the base of the contract is reportedly only about $3 million, with the other $7.75 million merely possible through performance incentives. I'm really surprised that the Steelers let him go for that kind of deal which, let's face it, is peanuts in terms of today's crazy FA WR spending.

Do you think they let him go or he left? Why would he play one more prove it year with Mitch instead of Mahomes?

WindyCitySteel
03-20-2022, 08:45 AM
They do seem to run down field wide open in KC.. I suspect he will be an impact player from day 1

He'll have a 2018 type season in KC with all the attention the others draw, just like with AB.

NorthCoast
03-20-2022, 08:54 AM
I'd say "Value" varies from one team, system, etc. to the next. Just because it appears Juju had peaked with us.. doesn't mean he cant be a top tier player with a more explosive offense, mvp type qb..That's fair Ernie. Maybe the Steelers were using him completely wrong. His yds/rec hit a low last season. Maybe he was tired of 3 yd routes?

Ernie
03-20-2022, 09:01 AM
That's fair Ernie. Maybe the Steelers were using him completely wrong. His yds/rec hit a low last season. Maybe he was tired of 3 yd routes?

It's not just Juju.. our whole "System" was wrong. Let's hope that was due to Ben's limitations and a terrible OLine.. and not an incompetent OC

Ernie
03-20-2022, 09:03 AM
He'll have a 2018 type season in KC with all the attention the others draw, just like with AB.

That is my guess also.. with Kelce, Hill, Juju, etc.. you cant double cover them all..

NorthCoast
03-21-2022, 07:26 AM
What's up with the Steelers cleaning house in the WR room? First, they fire the receivers coach. Then get rid of two guys that touched the ball alot for the Steelers, and let a third guy walk. Was Canada unhappy with them or was it Tomlin?

I'm smelling WR in Round 1.

WindyCitySteel
03-21-2022, 09:18 AM
What's up with the Steelers cleaning house in the WR room? First, they fire the receivers coach. Then get rid of two guys that touched the ball alot for the Steelers, and let a third guy walk. Was Canada unhappy with them or was it Tomlin?

I'm smelling WR in Round 1.

RayRay had the lowest YPC in history, Washington wasn't a fit, JuJu is at best a #2. I'm OK with this approach, don't settle for average.

Olave would give them something they don't have, an elite field-stretching deep threat and true #1 WR. Him plus best QB available in rd 2 (hopefully Ridder, likely Strong) would be a damn good haul, IMO.

Chucktownsteeler
03-21-2022, 09:37 AM
It's not just Juju.. our whole "System" was wrong. Let's hope that was due to Ben's limitations and a terrible OLine.. and not an incompetent OC

I agree and I mentioned that on another thread. If Canada's system is based on 3 yard passes behind the LOS on 3rd and longs it doesn't matter who the QB or WR are. It's a college system he is trying to run but it won't work against NFL defenses. Unlike college, everyone is big and fast in the NFL. Until Canada proves me wrong I don't have high hopes for this offense. Not the players but the system itself needs to go.

That's why you saw so many 4th quarter comebacks last season. Ben put the team on his shoulders and carried it.

Captain Lemming
03-21-2022, 09:43 AM
RayRay had the lowest YPC in history, Washington wasn't a fit, JuJu is at best a #2. I'm OK with this approach, don't settle for average.

Olave would give them something they don't have, an elite field-stretching deep threat and true #1 WR. Him plus best QB available in rd 2 (hopefully Ridder, likely Strong) would be a damn good haul, IMO.

We need to stop blaming receivers for low ypc when I have NEVER IN MY LIFE seen an offense so predictably feature passes at the los.

Those passes can gain yards IF your pass game is not 80 percent dependant on them..

ESPECIALLY if you specifically have entire games pretty much NEVER run anything different?

Between Bens arm being finished, offensive line giving no time and a play calling to work within those limitations, low ypc ain't on the receiver.

feltdizz
03-21-2022, 10:01 AM

I would love if we could get Olave and a QB in the second. Not sure anyone besides Strong will be available out of the 5 QB’s. Would prefer Pickett or Corral and a dynamic WR in the second if they feel none of these QB’s will be around and they have them on the board.

NorthCoast
03-21-2022, 10:22 AM
Seen this writeup on Juju's KC contract;

The incentives are based on this past seasons performance. Since he barely played they can categorize the incentives that he will easily reach in a healthy season as "unlikely to be met" and when he hits them it goes against next years cap. It's just a way for them to save the $7mil this year on him. So steelers would have had to match or beat $10mil basically.

NorthCoast
03-21-2022, 10:32 AM

Olave would give them something they don't have, an elite field-stretching deep threat and true #1 WR. Him plus best QB available in rd 2 (hopefully Ridder, likely Strong) would be a damn good haul, IMO.Round 2 has some very interesting WRs; C. Watson and S. Moore are burners.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51952269373_7d7d7e1441_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2n9QXGi)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2n9QXGi) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

Northern_Blitz
03-21-2022, 11:18 AM
Seen this writeup on Juju's KC contract;

That's an interesting way to play with the cap (incentive laden contracts for guys coming off long injuries).

Chucktownsteeler
03-21-2022, 01:40 PM
One year deal? Maybe we haven't seen the last of JuJu.

SteelBucks
03-21-2022, 01:45 PM
JuJu is getting another “prove it” deal. If things work out he’ll get a nice contract from someone in 2023.