03-17-2022, 04:12 PM
I love the Trubisky signing

However, the Brown's have destroyed their relationship with Mayfield

Mitch or Baker?

I take Mitch because I think his best is ahead of him

feltdizz
03-17-2022, 04:13 PM
We know Baker isn’t getting any better

Mitch at least gives us hope that it was the Bears and not him. Plus Baker is tiny with a weak arm.

Buzz
03-17-2022, 04:34 PM
Between the two, take Mitch and don't look back

Chucktownsteeler
03-17-2022, 04:41 PM
Mitch every time.....

SteelerOfDeVille
03-17-2022, 04:44 PM

Mitch at least gives us hope that it was the Bears and not him. Plus Baker is tiny with a weak arm.
This... ALL of this

hawaiiansteel
03-17-2022, 04:47 PM
the drafting of Baker Mayfield has set the Browns franchise back 5 years.

Chucktownsteeler
03-17-2022, 04:50 PM

And then some.....:D

feltdizz
03-17-2022, 04:51 PM

and its time based!!!

WindyCitySteel
03-17-2022, 04:57 PM

How so? They won one game over the course of two seasons before he got there.

WindyCitySteel
03-17-2022, 04:57 PM
Baker played injured last year. Healthy, he's a better QB than Trubisky.

SS Laser
03-17-2022, 05:19 PM
Baker played injured last year. Healthy, he's a better QB than Trubisky.
That depends on how you value stats and metrics. Herd did a comparison linked in at least one if not two threads here. And Trubisky is comparable by stats the same or a tad a head of Baker and Carr so far. I want to wait and see it with my own eyes on sundays in a Steelers uni before I deem him worse then Baker. Also seen enough of Baker that I would not want him. Freaking OBJ and Landry as WR’s? 2 really good RB’s! Etc on a good team. And yes he was hurt. So say that and get healthy not play worse.

WindyCitySteel
03-17-2022, 05:50 PM

Baker's got a better arm than Trubisky. Do you guys even watch football?

WindyCitySteel
03-17-2022, 05:51 PM
That depends on how you value stats and metrics. Herd did a comparison linked in at least one if not two threads here. And Trubisky is comparable by stats the same or a tad a head of Baker and Carr so far. I want to wait and see it with my own eyes on sundays in a Steelers uni before I deem him worse then Baker. Also seen enough of Baker that I would not want him. Freaking OBJ and Landry as WR’s? 2 really good RB’s! Etc on a good team. And yes he was hurt. So say that and get healthy not play worse.

In Trubisky's "good" year, he was the 30th ranked QB in PFF. I value their grading much more than raw stats.

Chucktownsteeler
03-17-2022, 06:04 PM
Stats are good to a certain point. There are just too many variables for them to be the end-all, be-all.

whisper
03-17-2022, 06:34 PM

You mean Baker won't improve over the version with a busted shoulder? Hard to imagine that.

feltdizz
03-17-2022, 06:57 PM
You mean Baker won't improve over the version with a busted shoulder? Hard to imagine that.

His non throwing shoulder?

What is he going to improve into? His average self?

feltdizz
03-17-2022, 06:58 PM
Baker's got a better arm than Trubisky. Do you guys even watch football?

not surprised you like Baker over Trubisky

hawaiiansteel
03-17-2022, 07:08 PM

Baker isn't even an adult :D

Oviedo
03-17-2022, 08:50 PM

Trend seems to be preferring anyone who isn't a Steeler

NorthCoast
03-17-2022, 10:07 PM
Is this question even for real??

The Browns, whether intentionally or not, said it exactly right. A team wants 'an adult' in the QB room when he is your franchise. Anyone that has followed Mayfield should know by now that he has failed about every leadership metric there is.

NJ-STEELER
03-18-2022, 03:02 AM

lol. Quoting the guy that leads the charge of the Lamar jackson fan club on here.

feltdizz
03-18-2022, 09:36 AM
lol. Quoting the guy that leads the charge of the Lamar jackson fan club on here.

that’s hilarious coming from NJoe Flacco…

“Joe could’ve went 6-1 in 2018 just like Lamar if he didn’t get injured!!”

You praise the Rats more than anyone else on here not named Disco with your constant slobbering over their drafting on defense.

“why can’t we draft on D like the Ravens? They are awesome while we suck at drafting on defense”

WindyCitySteel
03-18-2022, 10:00 AM

You're grading with your heart, I am with my head.

WindyCitySteel
03-18-2022, 10:02 AM

I live in Chicago and watched Mitch for 3 years. I hope he's better now, but he wasn't good then. Baker's no All-Pro, but he's better IMO.

Not everything has to be personal.

feltdizz
03-18-2022, 02:15 PM
You're grading with your heart, I am with my head.

I don’t have love for either if these QB’s. Of course I want Trubisky to work out but I have seen enough of Baker to know he isn’t going to become anything special.

I’m also on record saying Trubisky could lose out to Mason.

But if I had to choose between Mitch and Baker. Give me Mitch. Baker had way more talent on his team than Trubisky and crapped the bed.

No thanks.

NJ-STEELER
03-18-2022, 06:24 PM
that’s hilarious coming from NJoe Flacco…

“Joe could’ve went 6-1 in 2018 just like Lamar if he didn’t get injured!!”

You praise the Rats more than anyone else on here not named Disco with your constant slobbering over their drafting on defense.

“why can’t we draft on D like the Ravens? They are awesome while we suck at drafting on defense”

was i complaining about windy liking another QB.

no. you were

dumbass

feltdizz
03-18-2022, 07:04 PM
was i complaining about windy liking another QB.

no. you were

dumbass

Go NJoe Go.. lol

NJ-STEELER
03-18-2022, 07:06 PM
as usual

you're lost in this arguement.

break out the color by numbers book if you need it to be explained to you again (and again and again and again)

feltdizz
03-18-2022, 07:53 PM
as usual

you're lost in this arguement.

break out the color by numbers book if you need it to be explained to you again (and again and again and again)

arguement? lmao..

looks like someone needs to break
out the spell check.. lol

If the Ravens just brought Joe back he could’ve won all those games huh?

https://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Flacco.jpg

NJ-STEELER
03-18-2022, 11:55 PM
arguement? lmao..

looks like someone needs to break
out the spell check.. lol

If the Ravens just brought Joe back he could’ve won all those games huh?

https://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Flacco.jpg

yeah, spellcheck...you are surely the scholar here BOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIII. hahaha

that argument was he never got the chance to face the cupcake schedule Jackson faced. only 1 win vs. a team with a winning record

and I was happy he didn't cause history shows what kind of run he could go on. just look at the season the ravens won a title.

what kind of run has lamaar had in the playoffs? 1-3? awesome hahahahahahahaha

As a steeler fan, i'm happy the ravens made the change from a QB that's won 2/3rds of his playoff games to someone who has won 1/4th of his playoff games

NJ-STEELER
03-19-2022, 12:02 AM
“why can’t we draft on D like th

e Ravens? They are awesome while we suck at drafting on defense”

I really can't believe you're this stupid.

slobbering over ravens players? the fact that they can have late round starters on their defense and still put up a better defense statistically (2nd vs. 3rd in 2020) then the steelers isn't slobbering over players.

its what a lot of team actually do. why we need so many top pedigree guys to perform well is the mystery especially considering what a "great coach" we have

feltdizz
03-19-2022, 09:43 AM
I really can't believe you're this stupid.

slobbering over ravens players? the fact that they can have late round starters on their defense and still put up a better defense statistically (2nd vs. 3rd in 2020) then the steelers isn't slobbering over players.

its what a lot of team actually do. why we need so many top pedigree guys to perform well is the mystery especially considering what a "great coach" we have

Wait? Complimenting a player or move by a team doesn’t mean you are their number one fan?

hmm.. interesting.

Steel Maniac
03-19-2022, 10:38 AM
https://steelersdepot.com/2022/03/its-an-afc-quarterback-arms-race-the-steelers-are-way-behind/

This says it all.

WindyCitySteel
03-19-2022, 11:26 AM
https://steelersdepot.com/2022/03/its-an-afc-quarterback-arms-race-the-steelers-are-way-behind/

This says it all.

Yup, doesn't get much more basic than that. Even if the D balls out, we're going to need Mitch or Mason to engineer comebacks during the year, and they're the anti-Ben in this regard.

Northern_Blitz
03-19-2022, 01:26 PM
Yup, doesn't get much more basic than that. Even if the D balls out, we're going to need Mitch or Mason to engineer comebacks during the year, and they're the anti-Ben in this regard.

Anyone who thinks that the goal for Mitch or Mason is to have the same career as Ben is a bit crazy IMO.

I think they could both run an offense that scores more points than Ben did last year. But they won't have that "it factor" that made Ben great for so long.

They'll have to figure out their own ways to win (perhaps by playing offense in the first 3 quarters). But they will certainly fall short of Ben's career.

NJ-STEELER
03-19-2022, 04:50 PM

This says it all.

Thats why I think if there is a whole they like at 20. He’ll be the pick.

Oviedo
03-29-2022, 09:14 AM
Again, the sports "talking heads" are really pushing that the Steelers would be interested in Baker Mayfield if released by the Browns.

Even though in the past I have suggested that Mayfield could be a successor to Big Ben...I think that ship sailed when we signed Trubisky. I've always been a big Trubisky fan and think he got a raw deal in Chicago because there were unrealistic expectation because of draft position and what is now confirmed to be a bad coach.

I'm kinda excited to see what Trubisky can do because we all kinda knew that Ben was being held together with duct tape and bailing wire and was a shadow of his former glorious self the past couple of seasons. This will be a fun pre-season and 2022.

Sugar
03-29-2022, 10:57 AM
Again, the sports "talking heads" are really pushing that the Steelers would be interested in Baker Mayfield if released by the Browns.

Even though in the past I have suggested that Mayfield could be a successor to Big Ben...I think that ship sailed when we signed Trubisky. I've always been a big Trubisky fan and think he got a raw deal in Chicago because there were unrealistic expectation because of draft position and what is now confirmed to be a bad coach.

I'm kinda excited to see what Trubisky can do because we all kinda knew that Ben was being held together with duct tape and bailing wire and was a shadow of his former glorious self the past couple of seasons. This will be a fun pre-season and 2022.

Agreed. I saw some of the same things this morning. I could be wrong and Colbert could pounce on Mayfield if the Browns cut him, but I just don't see that as being in the cards. Additionally, I wouldn't be shocked if they took a QB in the draft but in the 4th-5th round as a developmental guy if they saw some upside.

feltdizz
03-29-2022, 12:13 PM
Agreed. I saw some of the same things this morning. I could be wrong and Colbert could pounce on Mayfield if the Browns cut him, but I just don't see that as being in the cards. Additionally, I wouldn't be shocked if they took a QB in the draft but in the 4th-5th round as a developmental guy if they saw some upside.

If Mayfied is cheap I can see us taking a shot at him.

I’m not a fan of Baker but a cheap first rounder is always attractive to our FO.

Eich
03-29-2022, 02:17 PM
Would be pretty fun to get Baker on the cheap and leave the Clowns to pay out his current contract. I doubt it will happen but it's not outside the realm of Clowndom. That could be a massive factory of sadness. Clowns get Watson and can't play him the whole season. They get rid of Baker to an AFCN rival and swallow his salary. Then they trot out Jacoby Brissett for 2022. And then start Watson in 2023 under a mountain of cap hit.

NorthCoast
03-30-2022, 08:46 AM
Would be pretty fun to get Baker on the cheap and leave the Clowns to pay out his current contract. I doubt it will happen but it's not outside the realm of Clowndom. That could be a massive factory of sadness. Clowns get Watson and can't play him the whole season. They get rid of Baker to an AFCN rival and swallow his salary. Then they trot out Jacoby Brissett for 2022. And then start Watson in 2023 under a mountain of cap hit.

Eich, what you are saying isn't out of the realm of possibility. And it would be something a lot of league owners would like to see happen.
Rumors are owners are looking at Haslam as a pariah that has wrecked the negotiation system. Probably sat at a table by himself at the owners meeting.

Oviedo
03-30-2022, 09:27 AM
Eich, what you are saying isn't out of the realm of possibility. And it would be something a lot of league owners would like to see happen.
Rumors are owners are looking at Haslam as a pariah that has wrecked the negotiation system. Probably sat at a table by himself at the owners meeting.

The Ravens owner is apoplectic over the Watson contract because he is in the middle of negotiations with Jackson and the Browns just wrecked the pay structure for the QB position. Got to say I would love to see two division foes destroy their cap with the Watson contract and soon to happen Jackson contract. Especially if the latter starts to be an injury problem like I have predicted he would eventually be from the day he was drafted.

feltdizz
03-30-2022, 09:36 AM
The Ravens owner is apoplectic over the Watson contract because he is in the middle of negotiations with Jackson and the Browns just wrecked the pay structure for the QB position. Got to say I would love to see two division foes destroy their cap with the Watson contract and soon to happen Jackson contract. Especially if the latter starts to be an injury problem like I have predicted he would eventually be from the day he was drafted.

The Ravens owner is furious.

"Damn, I wish they hadn't guaranteed the whole contract," Bisciotti said, via ESPN (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33624549/baltimore-ravens-owner-steve-bisciotti-says-deshaun-watson-contract-cleveland-browns-complicates-qb-market). "I don't know that he should've been the first guy to get a fully guaranteed contract. To me, that's something that is groundbreaking, and it'll make negotiations harder with others.
"But it doesn't necessarily mean that we have to play that game, you know? We shall see. If I was in bogged-down negotiations with Lamar, then maybe I would have a quicker reaction to that news."

Apparently Lamar has been in no rush to start contract negotiations. More than likely he was waiting to see what Deshaun was offered.

The GM tried to imply that Jackson may be such a competitor he wants to win a SB or doesn’t feel worthy of a new contract. That’s bull. Lamar more than likely knew Watson was being courted by multiple teams and if a QB with his stats, resume AND off field issues can get that type if money… hahaha. Back up that truck!

NorthCoast
03-30-2022, 10:47 AM
The Ravens owner is furious.

"Damn, I wish they hadn't guaranteed the whole contract," Bisciotti said, via ESPN (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33624549/baltimore-ravens-owner-steve-bisciotti-says-deshaun-watson-contract-cleveland-browns-complicates-qb-market). "I don't know that he should've been the first guy to get a fully guaranteed contract. To me, that's something that is groundbreaking, and it'll make negotiations harder with others.
"But it doesn't necessarily mean that we have to play that game, you know? We shall see. If I was in bogged-down negotiations with Lamar, then maybe I would have a quicker reaction to that news."

Apparently Lamar has been in no rush to start contract negotiations. More than likely he was waiting to see what Deshaun was offered.

The GM tried to imply that Jackson may be such a competitor he wants to win a SB or doesn’t feel worthy of a new contract. That’s bull. Lamar more than likely knew Watson was being courted by multiple teams and if a QB with his stats, resume AND off field issues can get that type if money… hahaha. Back up that truck!

It is odd on the Ravens part because time favors LJ. QB contracts aren't going down and the longer they drag it out the more the number will go up. Although having said that, Mayfield's next contract should help to dampen things a bit.

Eich
03-30-2022, 11:36 AM

Agree - I'd love to see both teams in CAP hell.

But I still don't quite get this line of thinking on setting precedent. Just because Watson got an insane deal, doesn't mean the Rats have to do the same with LJ. Just don't do it. Don't agree to it. QB's are always going to the highest bidder. Just because there's some idiot team out there that bid a stupid amount of guaranteed money, doesn't mean that any other organization has to do it. Why does Watson's contract mean that any other QB in the league needs to get paid like this? Tom Brady isn't compensated like that.

Just don't do it. If Lamar demands a contract like that, let him find it elsewhere, if some other team is dumb enough to strap the team like that.

NorthCoast
03-30-2022, 12:26 PM
I love the Trubisky signing

However, the Brown's have destroyed their relationship with Mayfield

Mitch or Baker?

I take Mitch because I think his best is ahead of himHow about the guy the Steelers already have?
https://www.playerprofiler.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/College-Quarterback-Production-Best-Year.png

feltdizz
03-30-2022, 02:28 PM
It is odd on the Ravens part because time favors LJ. QB contracts aren't going down and the longer they drag it out the more the number will go up. Although having said that, Mayfield's next contract should help to dampen things a bit.

From what I can tell the Ravens want to get a contract done. LJ is the one being patient and taking his time.

Mayfield isn’t helping any franchise trying to sign an elite QB.

JuJu’s contract didn’t dampen the WR market for Tyreek Hill.

feltdizz
03-30-2022, 02:37 PM
How about the guy the Steelers already have?
https://www.playerprofiler.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/College-Quarterback-Production-Best-Year.png

Yeah, I’m not convinced Mitch has this job won. MR will give him a run. Hopefully it brings out the best in MR.

That being said, it really shows how college stats don’t mean jack once you get to the NFL.

NorthCoast
03-30-2022, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I’m not convinced Mitch has this job won. MR will give him a run. Hopefully it brings out the best in MR.

That being said, it really shows how college stats don’t mean jack once you get to the NFL.Since he was never really gonna get much chance to start I didn't check into Rudolph's draft profile. I found this writeup that seems to be accurate based on what we have seen so far;

Mason Rudolph NFL Draft Profile
In a loaded quarterback draft class, Mason Rudolph flies a little under the radar behind the likes of Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen. Yet the former Oklahoma State Cowboy still maintains a quality skill set to be a formidable signal caller at the next level.

The first thing that stands out about Rudolph is his size. At 6 feet 5 inches tall and 230 pounds, Rudolph has the makings of a prototypical pocket passer. He also brings experience as a three-year starter in Stillwater. In his senior season, Rudolph amassed 4,904 yards passing, completed 65 percent of his passes and threw 37 touchdowns to nine interceptions.

Rudolph comes from a football pedigree, with his father Brett, a former college quarterback at North Carolina and brother Logan, a sophomore linebacker at Clemson.

Upside
Experience
A total of 42 games under his belt, Rudolph has the second most starts of the aforementioned prospects. Compared to Darnold, who has just under two seasons of playing time and last year’s first QB off the board, Mitchell Trubisky, with just one year as a full-time college starter, teams know what they’re getting with Rudolph. In each of his three full seasons at the helm, Rudolph improved his completion percentage, passing yards and touchdowns each year.

Patience
Rudolph’s size and strength allow him to stand tall in the pocket and deliver the football. He doesn’t panic under pressure and waits for routes to develop down the field. He shows a fearlessness to step into throws with defensive linemen bearing down on him and doesn’t shy away from contact.

Mobility
Not the fleetest of foot by any means, Rudolph does have the ability to move in the pocket to buy time. He also added 10 rushing touchdowns last season, giving offensive coordinators a wrinkle to add to their play calls.

Downside
System
Quarterbacks from these types of spread offenses usually need an adjustment period in the NFL. Take a look at 2016 number one overall pick, Jared Goff, for example. The Cal product never took a snap under center in college and rarely called plays in the huddle. Thus, Goff struggled as a rookie, before breaking through this past season.

Rudolph also played in the Big 12 where he saw a lot of vanilla Cover 4 zones that tend to leave wide open throwing lanes. In spite of his experience at the position, Rudolph will likely find himself behind a veteran while he develops in a pro offense.

Arm Strength
Rudolph doesn’t possess nearly the same arm talent as some of his colleagues like Rosen or Allen. He relies heavily on the timing of the routes and struggles throwing into tight windows. With a little more attention to his footwork, Rudolph can learn to use his legs and body placement more to help drive some of his throws.

Vision
Not asked to run the most complicated of schemes, Rudolph could improve working through his progressions downfield. He has the tendency to zero in on his primary target. Bigger, faster defensive backs in the NFL will have much better recovery speed to disrupt those number one reads. As he continues to grow as a quarterback, he can start to use his eyes to fool cornerbacks and safeties trying to undercut routes.

Overview
Rudolph certainly looks the part of an NFL quarterback. His toughness to stare down the gun barrel amidst heavy pressure is admirable. He has sneaky athleticism and could be an even bigger threat if he learns to throw accurately on the run. Maybe not the most heavily touted prospect coming out of college, Rudolph could still become a viable NFL starter if he finds the right fit.

Flasteel
03-30-2022, 06:02 PM

This is exactly the spiral of sadness I was thinking, when weighing whether I'd like to see us pick Mayfield up on a veteran minimum contract, after his release from the Stains. I honestly would not mind the competition in the room, if the Steelers did sign Mayfield. I would absolutely love it, if the rest of that scenario unfolded.

Bawb the Revelator
03-30-2022, 08:01 PM

Has anyone seen MR run any offense that wasn't designed for ben? As for Mitch, how seriously do you take the Bears brain trust and their 30 years of ****ing up any any all QBs? Haskins? I suspect that he's a head case but I'm an old Left Coast ex-Shrink so how do I know? Relax and enjoy the show. :)

feltdizz
03-30-2022, 09:05 PM
Has anyone seen MR run any offense that wasn't designed for ben? As for Mitch, how seriously do you take the Bears brain trust and their 30 years of ****ing up any any all QBs? Haskins? I suspect that he's a head case but I'm an old Left Coast ex-Shrink so how do I know? Relax and enjoy the show. :)

No idea. Its going to be a fun camp watching all 3 to 4 QB’s compete for the starting gig.

WindyCitySteel
03-31-2022, 07:49 AM
No idea. Its going to be a fun camp watching all 3 to 4 QB’s compete for the starting gig.

Mitch is notorious for balling out in preseason, both in Chicago and Buffalo.

flippy
03-31-2022, 08:02 AM

He's so much more athletic than everyone else that he won't be able to help looking better even if he's not.

I don't see how MR has a chance to compete here. At least Haskins has a way better arm and his arm is going to stand out no matter who we draft this year.

feltdizz
03-31-2022, 10:19 AM

well, Mason damn sure hasn’t impressed in preseason so maybe it means Mitch is better than Mason if it happens again.

I’ll take that over subpar preseason football and blaming it on vanilla offense

The Steeler Surfer
04-01-2022, 08:28 PM
We know Baker isnÂ’t getting any better

It was The Bears. His head coach inherited Mitch and never wanted him, even sabotaging his own QB. Trubisky tried to bridge thd gap by wanting to meet with his coach to go over the offense and how he can improve under it and Nagy didn't even bother to shoe up to it.

What makes Nagy doing Trubisky in funny is Mitch was the only signal caller who succeeded in Chi's offense. Foles, who Matt hand picked because he played in it before, struggled and was benched due to lack of production. In several instances he out and out said "this offense doesn't work" and Nagy's play calling was below par. #10 came in and managed to salvage the season and do enough to get his team into the playoffs, albeit barely.

Dalton an experienced QB and Justin Fields struggled in it as well. And when all three of them played under Chicago's former HC the offense looked putrid and pedestrian at best.

Four players turning into garbage, with three of them looking solid to good with other teams out and out points to coaching and schemes as the failure.

Ernie
04-02-2022, 05:49 AM
It was The Bears. His head coach inherited Mitch and never wanted him, even sabotaging his own QB. Trubisky tried to bridge thd gap by wanting to meet with his coach to go over the offense and how he can improve under it and Nagy didn't even bother to shoe up to it.

What makes Nagy doing Trubisky in funny is Mitch was the only signal caller who succeeded in Chi's offense. Foles, who Matt hand picked because he played in it before, struggled and was benched due to lack of production. In several instances he out and out said "this offense doesn't work" and Nagy's play calling was below par. #10 came in and managed to salvage the season and do enough to get his team into the playoffs, albeit barely.

Dalton an experienced QB and Justin Fields struggled in it as well. And when all three of them played under Chicago's former HC the offense looked putrid and pedestrian at best.

Four players turning into garbage, with three of them looking solid to good with other teams out and out points to coaching and schemes as the failure.

Excellent post filled with facts that should have us feeling pretty optimistic about Mitch T

NorthCoast
04-02-2022, 07:19 AM
Excellent post filled with facts that should have us feeling pretty optimistic about Mitch TTempered by the fact that the Steelers have an unknown quantity at OC who possibly wants to install a scheme that is not ideal for any of these QBs. He likes a lot of under center QB'ing and that has not been MR's or MT's offenses (at least in college).
When the scheme doesn't fit the QB they will struggle. Look what happened with Brady when he first got to TB. It was Arians offense they were trying to run and Brady looked bad. They were 7-5 at the bye. Then they changed things up to plays Brady wanted and the rest is history.

Ernie
04-02-2022, 08:04 AM
Tempered by the fact that the Steelers have an unknown quantity at OC who possibly wants to install a scheme that is not ideal for any of these QBs. He likes a lot of under center QB'ing and that has not been MR's or MT's offenses (at least in college).
When the scheme doesn't fit the QB they will struggle. Look what happened with Brady when he first got to TB. It was Arians offense they were trying to run and Brady looked bad. They were 7-5 at the bye. Then they changed things up to plays Brady wanted and the rest is history.

Mitch has done well under center and his play action passing game has been a strength.
I agree that Canada is in a sink or swim situation as an OC this year.. because he has a QB with some tools..

WindyCitySteel
04-02-2022, 08:51 AM
Has anyone seen MR run any offense that wasn't designed for ben?

Wasn't that all of 2019?

Oviedo
04-02-2022, 08:56 AM
Excellent analysis on Trubisky. Would indicate his signing will result in positive outcomes

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2022/4/2/22995100/what-kind-of-career-has-mitch-trubisky-had-so-far-steelers-nfl-news-free-agent-comparison

WindyCitySteel
04-02-2022, 09:08 AM
Excellent analysis on Trubisky. Would indicate his signing will result in positive outcomes

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2022/4/2/22995100/what-kind-of-career-has-mitch-trubisky-had-so-far-steelers-nfl-news-free-agent-comparison

Lol, citing traditional counting stats and "passer rating" is a fool's errand. This kind of correlation is careless, and leads to laughable statements like this:

My assessment: he looks like the quarterback of a team focused on defense and rushing — just like Ben, Brees, Flacco, and Brady (not-coincidentally the players to whom he looks most similar on a per-game average).

Toss on some game tape of Brady, Brees, and Ben in their first four years then do the same for Mitch. One of them will stick out like a sore thumb.

WindyCitySteel
09-25-2022, 12:21 PM
Lol, a lot of these fresh Mitch takes from March are over-ripe now.

https://c.tenor.com/43r9_Xw0MX8AAAAd/theres-an-aroma-stinks.gif

feltdizz
09-25-2022, 12:52 PM
I don’t have love for either if these QB’s. Of course I want Trubisky to work out but I have seen enough of Baker to know he isn’t going to become anything special.

I’m also on record saying Trubisky could lose out to Mason.

But if I had to choose between Mitch and Baker. Give me Mitch. Baker had way more talent on his team than Trubisky and crapped the bed.

No thanks.

whew.. I started reading from the beginning and lucky I rebounded with this post, lol.

To be fair, Baker may actually have worse stats than Trubisky

feltdizz
09-25-2022, 12:58 PM
Lol, a lot of these fresh Mitch takes from March are over-ripe now.

https://c.tenor.com/43r9_Xw0MX8AAAAd/theres-an-aroma-stinks.gif

well… Baker had 145 yards last game.

In the debate between Mitch and Baker, it really who is the tallest midget.

You can’t bump this thread like Baker was the better option thus far. Both have been trash and Baker has actually been worse IMO.

whisper
09-25-2022, 01:03 PM
well… Baker had 145 yards last game.

In the debate between Mitch and Baker, it really who is the tallest midget.

You can’t bump this thread like Baker was the better option thus far. Both have been trash and Baker has actually been worse IMO.

Baker was certainly good enough to trash us in the playoff game a few years ago. What another embarrassment Shades put up as a playoff defense, again. Like a total clown.

feltdizz
09-25-2022, 01:09 PM
Baker was certainly good enough to trash us in the playoff game a few years ago. What another embarrassment Shades put up as a playoff defense, again. Like a total clown.

Not sure what that has to do with this thread but I know you have to get your daily Tomlin bash in so carry on.. lol

Oviedo
09-25-2022, 02:12 PM
Not sure what that has to do with this thread but I know you have to get your daily Tomlin bash in so carry on.. lol

I think we are seriously watching a steady movement to full blown mental illness

What Causes Negativity?
Negativity is often a product of depression or insecurity. It can stem from illness, life events, personality problems, and substance abuse. Like many things in life, negativity too, can become a habit. Frequent criticism, cynical thoughts, and denial can create neural pathways in the brain that encourage sadness. These negative tendencies can cause our brain to distort the truth and make it even more difficult to break the negative cycle. Luckily, most habits can be broken. Experts say that it takes 21 days to break a habit.

A few people need to take a 21 day break from the Planet

BURGH86STEEL
09-25-2022, 02:18 PM
I think we are seriously watching a steady movement to full blown mental illness

When the Steelers lose the negative people pounce.

feltdizz
09-25-2022, 02:34 PM

people crack me up with "remember in 2017.. but what about in 2020.."

None of that has anything to do with the team in 2022.

feltdizz
09-25-2022, 02:35 PM
When the Steelers lose the negative people pounce.

and when we win it's an anomaly, lol