PDA

View Full Version : Myles Jack

steelerkeylargo
03-16-2022, 06:19 PM
2 years 16 M. Colbert is in full swing!!

SteelBucks
03-16-2022, 06:27 PM
2 years 16 M. Colbert is in full swing!!

You beat me to the punch. Another solid move.

BURGH86STEEL
03-16-2022, 06:34 PM
What's the reason for all the short term deals? Colberts and Tomlin's last dance together?

Terrapin
03-16-2022, 06:37 PM
I like it...

steelguin
03-16-2022, 06:39 PM
I thought he was moved to OLB because he couldn’t play in the middle? I would have thought we would be trying to get ILB ? That said nice to see the Stillers getting involved in free agency

steelerkeylargo
03-16-2022, 06:39 PM
High Character. Productive. Durable!!!

papillon
03-16-2022, 06:40 PM
Myles Jack wasn't that good last year, I think he was ranked in the bottom 10 or 15. I guess if the numbers are friendly it will be a good deal. It seems he can play both inside and outside so if that is the case that's a positive. He can help spell Watt and Highsmith and play some ILB if Bush doesn't regain form.

Pappy

SteelBucks
03-16-2022, 06:40 PM
He always reminded me of Farrior. This is a home run signing.

Buzz
03-16-2022, 06:50 PM
Myles Jack wasn't that good last year, I think he was ranked in the bottom 10 or 15.

I think he was playing with an injury. Hopefully, we get the healthy, pre-2021 version.

Mr.wizard
Nice!!!!!!

WindyCitySteel
Reminder: He wasn't down. The Jags should have been up 27-10 on the Pats, which probably sends them to the Super Bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOX-IymctMY

SteelBucks
03-16-2022, 06:52 PM
This move means Schobert will be released IMO.

SteelBucks
03-16-2022, 06:57 PM
All the Steelers beat writers are going nuts on Twitter. They all say this is a very “big deal” signing. This will help out run defense and Jack can also play the Schobert role and drop in coverage. And he’s only 26.

steelerkeylargo
03-16-2022, 06:59 PM
Myles Jack wasn't that good last year, I think he was ranked in the bottom 10 or 15. I guess if the numbers are friendly it will be a good deal. It seems he can play both inside and outside so if that is the case that's a positive. He can help spell Watt and Highsmith and play some ILB if Bush doesn't regain form.

Pappy

Not that I put a ton into PFF rankings but yes he was ranked 77th of all ILB's. Devin Bush (82), Devin White-TB (82) , Joe Schobert (49). He played on an absolutely awful Defense. I think he will be a different guy in Pittsburgh with some talent around him and a real football culture.

NJ-STEELER
03-16-2022, 07:07 PM
we lead the league in guys named my(i)les

Prowler
03-16-2022, 07:19 PM
Myles Jack is a washed up bum who is nearly as bad as Devin Bush. Both of them will be out of the league after the 2022 season. A horrible signing!

Shawn
03-16-2022, 07:32 PM
Dear goodness, there are some people who are never happy.

SteelBucks
03-16-2022, 07:37 PM
For people who think Jack is bad, his missed tackle percentage last year was 3.6%. The second lowest of all inside linebackers. This guy will be huge shoring up our 32nd ranked run defense.

SteelBucks
03-16-2022, 07:37 PM
Myles Jack is a washed up bum who is nearly as bad as Devin Bush. Both of them will be out of the league after the 2022 season. A horrible signing!

I see all the trolls are out today. I love how great signings make you all mad.

Prowler
03-16-2022, 07:39 PM

I assume this comment was directed at me. Myles Jack graded at 37.7 in 2022. He is not an improvement over Bush. He's a washed up bum! He and Bush will be out of the league after the 2022 season.

By the way I was happy with the Cole, Daniels and Wallace signings.

Prowler
03-16-2022, 07:41 PM
I see all the trolls are out today. I love how great signings make you all mad.

He graded at 37.7 in 2022. Jack was so good he directed the Jaguars defense to last place.

steelerkeylargo
03-16-2022, 07:49 PM
He graded at 37.7 in 2022. Jack was so good he directed the Jaguars defense to last place.

In 2020 he graded 69.1. Good for 11th out of 83 off ball LB's. He is 26 years old. Far from washed.

Shawn
03-16-2022, 07:55 PM
I assume this comment was directed at me. Myles Jack graded at 37.7 in 2022. He is not an improvement over Bush. He's a washed up bum! He and Bush will be out of the league after the 2022 season.

By the way I was happy with the Cole, Daniels and Wallace signings. Of course it was because you are a troll. Duh.

Oviedo
03-16-2022, 07:56 PM

Some people are happy unless they are unhappy

Prowler
03-16-2022, 07:57 PM
In 2020 he graded 69.1. Good for 11th out of 83 off ball LB's. He is 26 years old. Far from washed.

He's so good that he dropped over 30 grade points in 2021. He'd be an okay signing if it was at the vet minimum. Even Schobert outperformed Jack last season and he's getting cut. What does that tell you? We overpaid for his services and he wasn't even better than the worst ILB in football Devin Bush. Jack and Bush will be out of the league after 2022.

Prowler
03-16-2022, 07:59 PM
Of course it was because you are a troll. Duh.

Whatever you say Shawn. You're the loser who likes Dwayne Haskins. Now that is funny.

Captain Lemming
03-16-2022, 08:02 PM
He's so good that he dropped over 30 grade points in 2021. He'd be an okay signing if it was at the vet minimum. Even Schobert outperformed Jack last season and he's getting cut. What does that tell you?

It tells me last season was an anomaly.

Prowler
03-16-2022, 08:06 PM
It tells me last season was an anomaly.

Whichever way you want to look at it, I guess. We'll find out if I'm wrong or all the other posters are right.

Chucktownsteeler
03-16-2022, 08:24 PM
Great signing, KC going out with a bang!

Of course after the past few days I’ll need to redo my mock.

Buzz
03-16-2022, 08:28 PM
Whoops. I forgot he had a degenerative knee condition.

https://nypost.com/2016/04/27/myles-jack-risks-millions-with-grim-confession-about-his-knee/

Has had it from before entering the league, but it might be too much to overcome at this point in his career. Hope this isn't another LaDarius Green type situation, or we just threw away a few $million$.

Ernie
03-16-2022, 08:30 PM
For you guys that played the game.. you'll understand what I'm saying..having Tuitt, Tyson A, and possibly another early round stud coupled with Heyward.. and our ILB corp becomes instantly better.. mark my words.. you'll see Bush and Jack rebound in 2022 with the above mentioned front

NorthCoast
03-16-2022, 08:31 PM
Whichever way you want to look at it, I guess. We'll find out if I'm wrong or all the other posters are right.I won't say I disagree with you. In 2020 both Schobert and Jack played behind the same DL. Their numbers were fairly similar, although Schobert was slightly better in pass coverage. This signing only makes sense if Jack was cheaper (and he is younger than Schobert).

I was actually thinking this signing was insurance against Bush failing again this season until they cut Schobert. Still might be the plan but this would mean another ILB signing or they are targeting one in the draft.

Ernie
03-16-2022, 08:35 PM
I won't say I disagree with you. In 2020 both Schobert and Jack played behind the same DL. Their numbers were fairly similar, although Schobert was slightly better in pass coverage. This signing only makes sense if Jack was cheaper (and he is younger than Schobert).

I was actually thinking this signing was insurance against Bush failing again this season until they cut Schobert. Still might be the plan but this would mean another ILB signing or they are targeting one in the draft.

Dont forget about Buddy Johnson...

hawaiiansteel
03-16-2022, 08:35 PM
I won't say I disagree with you. In 2020 both Schobert and Jack played behind the same DL. Their numbers were fairly similar, although Schobert was slightly better in pass coverage. This signing only makes sense if Jack was cheaper (and he is younger than Schobert).

I think we take an ILB on Day 2 of the draft now, there are lots of good ones available this year.

Oviedo
03-16-2022, 08:39 PM
Dont forget about Buddy Johnson...

This.....he showed promise

NorthCoast
03-16-2022, 08:40 PM
Dont forget about Buddy Johnson...You're right Ernie. Totally forgot about BJ. He got his feet wet last season so maybe can take a step up this year. Most of you know I have been down on Bush for a while now. The one play were he was literally flattened by a mediocre TE still sticks in my head.

steeler_george
03-16-2022, 09:08 PM
Great move,for now and future, we can now draft Best ILB regardless Buck or Mack, small or big... or even both.

Have them get feet wet behind Bush and Jack, and we won't be forced to keep either one for '23.

hawaiiansteel
03-16-2022, 09:15 PM

you don't know Jack. ;)

flippy
03-16-2022, 09:16 PM
For you guys that played the game.. you'll understand what I'm saying..having Tuitt, Tyson A, and possibly another early round stud coupled with Heyward.. and our ILB corp becomes instantly better.. mark my words.. you'll see Bush and Jack rebound in 2022 with the above mentioned front

Don’t sleep on Loudermilk.

He’s already surpassed my expectations, but I remember the 1st time seeing him live in the preseason I had a similar feeling to the first time I saw Brett Keisel and think this kid has got it and we’re gonna see a dominant DE in 2-3 years.

Chucktownsteeler
03-16-2022, 09:27 PM
My bad! 10ccs.

Chucktownsteeler
03-16-2022, 09:30 PM
you don't know Jack. ;)

Great post!!!

Prowler
03-16-2022, 09:32 PM
you don't know Jack. ;)

You're right, I don't know Jack. I only know that he did jack sh** in 2021.

NorthCoast
03-16-2022, 10:21 PM
An outside observer's take on Steelers signing Jack;

..... it's because we've actually seen him play instead of just looking at a stat sheet, but people always handwave away any opinion that runs contrary to their own as homerism. Jack has fantastic physical gifts and had a knack for making big plays for the Jaguars when they used him as the Will in a 4-3. When they swapped to a 3-4 and he was put into the Mike position, he looked lost, quit making huge plays, and has been one of the worst starting LBs in the league. His tackle numbers are because he was such an absolute mark in the passing game, teams kept throwing on him, and he couldn't stop it. It's why he has a ton of tackles but hardly any losses or pressures over the past two years.

People aren't freaking out over this signing because scheme matters. The only position the Steelers can put him in is the Mike position in a 3-4, the very same one he's been hot garbage at. Watt has the Will locked down, and Highsmith is the Sam, and the Sam wouldn't be a good spot for him either because he hasn't been capable of covering anyone for two years now. It's why this signing makes no sense. He has one spot on the Steelers he could actually be good-to-great at, but they already have an elite body there. They use him as a situational rush LB he could (and should) do well, but they are paying him to start. So what's the plan with him?

Buzz
03-16-2022, 10:30 PM
An outside observer's take on Steelers signing Jack;

Wow ... that's not encouraging

unless we're changing our entire defensive scheme?

hawaiiansteel
03-16-2022, 11:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVlRQn6AMYs&t=182s

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-16-2022, 11:13 PM
Whichever way you want to look at it, I guess. We'll find out if I'm wrong or all the other posters are right.

I'm guessing both

SteelBucks
03-16-2022, 11:20 PM
I’m still pumped about this move. No two schemes are the same and a lot has to do with the players you are surrounded by.

New DC, including Flores. Defense will be legit.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-16-2022, 11:26 PM

Pappy
Yet he still lead the team in tackles.. I still see a mid-round ILB as a possibility. Admitting that I've never been so excited by all the FA signings the team made. Not really sure if it's because there were so many holes, or if it's because they have money because they aren't paying Ben... I think he'll be better than Schobert, yet with him having a 2-year deal AND Bush being towards the end of his deal, I could still see ILB as a selection on the first 2 days.

hawaiiansteel
03-16-2022, 11:28 PM
Steelers sign LB Myles Jack (2 years, $16 million): B+ Grade

A couple of years ago, the thought that Myles Jack would have to settle for a short-term contract worth less than $20 million would've seemed absurd. Jack was once considered one of the top, young linebackers in the NFL. He's still young (26), but Jack's play has fallen off a cliff in the past two years. He was horrendous for Jacksonville in both 2020 and 2021.

Jack, however, is still young and talented, so he could revive his career, especially with a superior franchise. He could potentially fill a big need in the middle of Pittsburgh's defense at a fair price.

https://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

papillon
03-16-2022, 11:40 PM
Not that I put a ton into PFF rankings but yes he was ranked 77th of all ILB's. Devin Bush (82), Devin White-TB (82) , Joe Schobert (49). He played on an absolutely awful Defense. I think he will be a different guy in Pittsburgh with some talent around him and a real football culture.

Man, I hope you're right, I believe he came out of college as highly regarded linebacker if I remember correctly and then in his first training camp he blew out his knee and missed his rookie season. Or, am I thinking of a different linebacker?

Pappy

SteelerOfDeVille
03-16-2022, 11:43 PM
I'm with you there, Ernie.

My only worry is that the post-LeBeau DC's haven't really wanted the d-linemen that keep LBs clean, they want guys who get upfield a little more. Jordan Davis would be a dream, but his 40 at the combine likely moved him up a little. TBH, I'm a little more curious about someone to fill Tuitt's spot

papillon
03-16-2022, 11:48 PM
Yet he still lead the team in tackles.. I still see a mid-round ILB as a possibility. Admitting that I've never been so excited by all the FA signings the team made. Not really sure if it's because there were so many holes, or if it's because they have money because they aren't paying Ben... I think he'll be better than Schobert, yet with him having a 2-year deal AND Bush being towards the end of his deal, I could still see ILB as a selection on the first 2 days.

According to the article above hr had a lot of tackles because he was targeted in the passing game and almost no tackles for loss. That being said, I hope he plays well and the Steelers are shoring up their run defense. I hope the Steelers take an ILB on the 2nd day of the draft.

Pappy

SteelerOfDeVille
03-16-2022, 11:52 PM
According to the article above hr had a lot of tackles because he was targeted in the passing game and almost no tackles for loss. That being said, I hope he plays well and the Steelers are shoring up their run defense. I hope the Steelers take an ILB on the 2nd day of the draft.

Pappy
Admitting that i kinda like Quay Walker (Ga) and Darrian Beavers (Cincy), both of whom are day 2 kind of guys. They could have a year to back up or fill in if Bush struggles...

hawaiiansteel
03-17-2022, 12:03 AM
Admitting that i kinda like Quay Walker (Ga) and Darrian Beavers (Cincy), both of whom are day 2 kind of guys. They could have a year to back up or fill in if Bush struggles...

add Christian Harris (Alabama), Damone Clark (LSU), Leo Chenal (Wisconsin) and Chad Muma (Wyoming) and Day 2 is a sweet spot for ILBs.

Captain Lemming
03-17-2022, 12:14 AM

Look closely at what you just said.
I think your SUBCONSCIOUS is telling you something. :)

SS Laser
03-17-2022, 12:20 AM

unless we're changing our entire defensive scheme?

This seems to be an ongoing problem since Shazier got hurt. And Vince got old and retired. Is it a scheme problem I am starting to wonder now. Or just average or below players? Injuries?
Bostic was starting before the Steelers and after.
Barron was starting before but maybe just done ski.
A. Williamson was just below average?
Schobert was productive before right?
Jack yet to be determined.
Not even counting Bush.
That’s a lot of ILB problems. There trying to fix it. But not successful.
I hope Jack can come in and turn it around. Not to confident sitting here on my game day couch.

Ernie
03-17-2022, 04:35 AM
This seems to be an ongoing problem since Shazier got hurt. And Vince got old and retired. Is it a scheme problem I am starting to wonder now. Or just average or below players? Injuries?
Bostic was starting before the Steelers and after.
Barron was starting before but maybe just done ski.
A. Williamson was just below average?
Schobert was productive before right?
Jack yet to be determined.
Not even counting Bush.
That’s a lot of ILB problems. There trying to fix it. But not successful.
I hope Jack can come in and turn it around. Not to confident sitting here on my game day couch.

Let's hope Tomlin allows Flores to have some input and fix what is wrong scheme wise

Ernie
03-17-2022, 04:36 AM
I'm with you there, Ernie.

My only worry is that the post-LeBeau DC's haven't really wanted the d-linemen that keep LBs clean, they want guys who get upfield a little more. Jordan Davis would be a dream, but his 40 at the combine likely moved him up a little. TBH, I'm a little more curious about someone to fill Tuitt's spot

I would definitely be fine with finding a replacement for Tuitt/Heyward in the early rounds. Hopefully Flores has some input in the Defensive side this year.

NorthCoast
03-17-2022, 07:14 AM
Admitting that i kinda like Quay Walker (Ga) and Darrian Beavers (Cincy), both of whom are day 2 kind of guys. They could have a year to back up or fill in if Bush struggles...Yes to Beavers...

add Christian Harris (Alabama), Damone Clark (LSU), Leo Chenal (Wisconsin) and Chad Muma (Wyoming) and Day 2 is a sweet spot for ILBs....and yes to Leo Chenal.

It's feeling more and more like the Steelers go defense with the first pick but the position is a big ????.... fun times!

Shawn
03-17-2022, 07:16 AM
Whatever you say Shawn. You're the loser who likes Dwayne Haskins. Now that is funny. I was being playful. And I do like Haskins. I won't apologize for it.

Shawn
03-17-2022, 07:21 AM

unless we're changing our entire defensive scheme? I'm not saying the Steelers are flawless in their evaluations but I'm going to give them the credit of the doubt. They must have seen something. I do know Jack is a spectacular athlete. I don't know their plans with him but I look forward to see what the Steelers are putting together.

Northern_Blitz
03-17-2022, 07:22 AM
Look closely at what you just said.
I think your SUBCONSCIOUS is telling you something. :)

Nice catch.

Hopefully, he's right and we get one of the one options he suggested.

WindyCitySteel
03-17-2022, 07:47 AM
Hope he can return to his old form, but after what happened with Schobert I'm not betting on it.

Shawn
03-17-2022, 07:50 AM
Hope he can return to his old form, but after what happened with Schobert I'm not betting on it. What does Schobert have to do with Jack?

WindyCitySteel
03-17-2022, 07:53 AM
What does Schobert have to do with Jack?

The took a declining LB from Jacksonville hoping he returned to his old form. He did not. I'm hoping they didn't just make the same mistake twice.

NorthCoast
03-17-2022, 07:57 AM
What does Schobert have to do with Jack?

https://i.redd.it/j6mzlmuzxtn81.png

Shawn
03-17-2022, 08:06 AM
The took a declining LB from Jacksonville hoping he returned to his old form. He did not. I'm hoping they didn't just make the same mistake twice. He's 26, athletic and very physical. Schobert is none of those things. If Jack is healthy I do believe this is a great pick up.

WindyCitySteel
03-17-2022, 08:36 AM
Jacksonville is trying to build a team around their young franchise QB. They didn't see the young, athletic, physical LB as part of that plan.

flippy
03-17-2022, 08:57 AM
Jacksonville is trying to build a team around their young franchise QB. They didn't see the young, athletic, physical LB as part of that plan.

Itd be more concerning if Bill B in NE didn’t want him. But we are talking Jax.

Maybe he did not want to be in Jax too?

No idea. But this is one of the first questions that pops in my head for every FA. Why did the current team see them as expendable and not want them.

It is why most FAs do not work out and you have to build organically thru the draft and develop your own guys first and foremost.

Buzz
03-17-2022, 09:05 AM
I'm not saying the Steelers are flawless in their evaluations but I'm going to give them the credit of the doubt. They must have seen something. I do know Jack is a spectacular athlete. I don't know their plans with him but I look forward to see what the Steelers are putting together.

the more I think about it, the more I think Jack is suited for situational pass rushing/rotational/depth duty

i'd bet we're not done shopping for ILB help

SteelerOfDeVille
03-17-2022, 09:27 AM
add Christian Harris (Alabama), Damone Clark (LSU), Leo Chenal (Wisconsin) and Chad Muma (Wyoming) and Day 2 is a sweet spot for ILBs.
In Muma I see Schobert all over again. Hard worker, good at lot of things and worthy of being a starter in this league... just "meh"... LOL

SteelerOfDeVille
03-17-2022, 09:30 AM
The took a declining LB from Jacksonville hoping he returned to his old form. He did not. I'm hoping they didn't just make the same mistake twice.
Schobert was our best ILB this past season.... take that for what it's worth - i just hope we don't find this season that it was smarter to keep him and cut bush

WindyCitySteel
03-17-2022, 09:33 AM
Alex and Dave at SteelersDepot call Jack a "headier" Bush. Covers better, but lacks the splash plays that Bush lacks. In his career, only 3 INT, 15 PD, 19 TFL, 2 FF.

Contract looks back-loaded, this is a one-year gamble.

Chucktownsteeler
03-17-2022, 09:41 AM
Alex and Dave at SteelersDepot call Jack a "headier" Bush. Covers better, but lacks the splash plays that Bush lacks. In his career, only 3 INT, 15 PD, 19 TFL, 2 FF.

Contract looks back-loaded, this is a one-year gamble.

but lacks the splash plays that Bush lacks. - What does this mean?

WindyCitySteel
03-17-2022, 09:42 AM
but lacks the splash plays that Bush lacks. - What does this mean?

Bush racks up tackles but doesn't make splash plays, didn't at Michigan either. Shazier was a splashy LB. Jack and Bush are not.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-17-2022, 09:54 AM
You beat me to the punch. Another solid move.

Good, not great.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-17-2022, 11:05 AM
Bush racks up tackles but doesn't make splash plays, didn't at Michigan either. Shazier was a splashy LB. Jack and Bush are not.
Then the team takes Devin Lloyd and we're all like WTH!?!?

Mr.wizard
03-17-2022, 11:28 AM

This is 100% truth, i have been beating this same drum for months.

NorthCoast
03-17-2022, 03:55 PM
Shocking...Cowherd had nothing but props to say about the Steelers FA so far. Said the team is well stocked 'with B players' that add a lot of quality to the roster. Gaves thumbs up to the Jack signing.

take it for what it's worth

feltdizz
03-17-2022, 03:59 PM
Shocking...Cowherd had nothing but props to say about the Steelers FA so far. Said the team is well stocked 'with B players' that add a lot of quality to the roster. Gaves thumbs up to the Jack signing.

our biggest issue was lack of depth. I think these moves give us a much better chance to stay in games once guys start going down.

Buzz
03-17-2022, 04:35 PM
our biggest issue was lack of depth. I think these moves give us a much better chance to stay in games once guys start going down.

$$$$$
Would love to see the Steelers get a stud ILB in the draft

Chucktownsteeler
03-17-2022, 04:52 PM
Does the signing of Jack remind anyone of the signing of Mark Barron?

Terrapin
03-17-2022, 04:56 PM

It reminds me of the Joe Schobert signing

SS Laser
03-17-2022, 05:28 PM
I would definitely be fine with finding a replacement for Tuitt/Heyward in the early rounds. Hopefully Flores has some input in the Defensive side this year.
Yes sir. Great posts sir.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-17-2022, 05:30 PM

Barron was 6'2" 230lbs S turned LB
Jack is 6'1" 255lbs LB
Schobert was mentioned in another post and looks more like him at 6'1" 240lbs, although much different looking player.

Neither of these smaller linebackers is anywhere near the athletic ability of Jack.

I'll go with another former Steeler FA linebacker

6'2" 243lbs 4-3 OLB most of his career.
When he came to the Steelers in 2002 he moved inside in the 3-4.
James Farrior

SS Laser
03-17-2022, 05:40 PM
It reminds me of the Joe Schobert signing
I can only hope Jack is lightning twice. The last 4-3 mlb who did not fit this defense played really well and wears 2 Super Bowl steeler rings. I believe that was also Colbert in a rebuild year? Ha ha post above me was typing faster then me.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-17-2022, 05:55 PM
interestingly enough, Jack says he's glad to have Alualu back in front of him consuming blocks... could THIS be the reason for his decline in Jacksonville?

Chucktownsteeler
03-17-2022, 06:02 PM
interestingly enough, Jack says he's glad to have Alualu back in front of him consuming blocks... could THIS be the reason for his decline in Jacksonville?

I think led Jacksonville in tackles last season.

I had forgotten about that connection, interesting.

feltdizz
03-17-2022, 09:29 PM

oh.. totally forgot they used to be teammates.

Steel Maniac
03-17-2022, 09:33 PM

that and injury. I think we need to stop bashing the Jack signing; We need to wait and see if he can come back from injury....and put something decent in front of him so he can do his job.

NorthCoast
03-17-2022, 09:59 PM
interestingly enough, Jack says he's glad to have Alualu back in front of him consuming blocks... could THIS be the reason for his decline in Jacksonville?Except Jack's best season in JAX Alualu was in PIT. In fact JAX was running a 4-3 defense and Schobert was playing next to him.

SS Laser
03-17-2022, 10:59 PM
that and injury. I think we need to stop bashing the Jack signing; We need to wait and see if he can come back from injury....and put something decent in front of him so he can do his job.
I would say the same for Bush. And I get the “hate” for Bush. I did not like the trade up at all. Silly unless he was a Troy or even Shazier. There was to many questions about him coming out of college. Now I hope together they can be a force and end up as Steeler LB tradition. Just not sold on these guys yet. Let’s get another Tuitt/Hayward type stud in the draft and that will help.

hackjam
03-17-2022, 11:03 PM

I really like what they've done. Best part of it all is that other than DL and WR, there's no real critical position of need anymore (of course you can always improve). And Fletcher Cox just got cut. Would not be surprised to see him as a Steeler. They've supposedly been in on him since the middle of last season.

I don't know much about Eddie Goldman either but in theory, he's that true NT they need too.

hawaiiansteel
03-17-2022, 11:17 PM
I really like what they've done. Best part of it all is that other than DL and WR, there's no real critical position of need anymore (of course you can always improve). And Fletcher Cox just got cut. Would not be surprised to see him as a Steeler. They've supposedly been in on him since the middle of last season.

I don't know much about Eddie Goldman either but in theory, he's that true NT they need too.

Goldman is visiting with the Ravens tomorrow.

Steel Maniac
05-20-2022, 02:57 PM
https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/myles-jack-named-second-most-under-the-radar-signing-of-offseason/

I really like this signing. I think he's going to recover from his injuries and be huge for us.

feltdizz
05-20-2022, 03:42 PM
I would say the same for Bush. And I get the “hate” for Bush. I did not like the trade up at all. Silly unless he was a Troy or even Shazier. There was to many questions about him coming out of college. Now I hope together they can be a force and end up as Steeler LB tradition. Just not sold on these guys yet. Let’s get another Tuitt/Hayward type stud in the draft and that will help.

I didn’t mind it the way he played his rookie year. Bush was a beast for a rookie in terms of production. Troy did NOT look good his first year.

Shazier wasn’t anything special his rookie year. He was often injured early in his career

If Bush doesn’t bounce back this year.. then yes, its a bad pick but it was due to injury.

Joel Buchsbaum
05-20-2022, 08:19 PM

Are you using PFF grades? Can he cover well, and why did Jacksonville let him go? I'll answer my own question, no he can't cover well ( 78.3% complete on him last year ) and made too much money on the cap ( 3rd most on the team) . Is he better than what we have? Yeah, but he's never been a pro bowl defender. I view him as a solid player, no more than that. He's a bit of a hot head.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackMy00.htm

Steel Maniac
05-20-2022, 10:23 PM
Are you using PFF grades? Can he cover well, and why did Jacksonville let him go? I'll answer my own question, no he can't cover well ( 78.3% complete on him last year ) and made too much money on the cap ( 3rd most on the team) . Is he better than what we have? Yeah, but he's never been a pro bowl defender. I view him as a solid player, no more than that. He's a bit of a hot head.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackMy00.htm

He had injuries last year that I believe hindered him. If he’s fully healthy this coming season, I think he could be just what we need.

Bawb the Revelator
05-20-2022, 10:36 PM
I'm suggesting that habits like "being a hot head" can be coached
up and minimized. OTOH crashing your motorbike because "I was
feelin' so damn bitchin' before it happened" is way harder, going on
impossible because YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID! :)

Bawb the Revelator
05-21-2022, 05:36 AM
I'm suggesting that habits like "being a hot head" can be coached
up and minimized. OTOH crashing your motorbike because "I was
feelin' so damn bitchin' before it happened" is way harder, going on
impossible because YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID! :)

FWIW that's Ron White's line and I'll steal from everyone despite
their race, creed or color :)

https://youtu.be/QDvQ77JP8nw

Captain Lemming
05-22-2022, 10:38 PM
FWIW that's Ron White's line and I'll steal from everyone despite
their race, creed or color :)

https://youtu.be/QDvQ77JP8nw

No comic uses pre punchline pause as skillfully as Ron White Ron White. Takin that sip to make you wait for it, wait for it, BOOM.

hawaiiansteel
05-26-2022, 11:58 PM
Winning Culture, Brian Flores Drew Myles Jack To Pittsburgh

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/i-think-its-stealing-myles-jack-calls-working-with-coach-like-brian-flores-the-main-reason-i-came-here/

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/winning-culture-brian-flores-drew-myles-jack-to-pittsburgh/

Bawb the Revelator
05-27-2022, 12:03 AM
No comic uses pre punchline pause as skillfully as Ron White Ron White. Takin that sip to make you wait for it, wait for it, BOOM.

Another groupie! Hot Gawd dayum, Homes!

Captain Lemming
05-27-2022, 12:26 AM
Another groupie! Hot Gawd dayum, Homes!

I'm a student and teacher of oratory. Effective pausing before delivering a powerful point is a skill few do well.

Great comics develop this art. I mean that IS how you "hit" a punchline.

White is a master at it.:)

Bawb the Revelator
05-27-2022, 05:40 AM
I'm a student and teacher of oratory. Effective pausing before delivering a powerful point is a skill few do well.

Great comics develop this art. I mean that IS how you "hit" a punchline.

White is a master at it.:)

That's honestly great stuff, Amigo! Drama/elocution?

hawaiiansteel
09-30-2022, 08:22 PM
Alex Kozora
@Alex_Kozora

Most tackles by a Steeler through the first three games of a season (1987-2022):

Myles Jack: 35 (2022)
Lawrence Timmons: 33 (2010)
James Farrior: 32 (2005)

Tackles aren't always a commentary on good/bad play but Jack sure is making a ton of them. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

feltdizz
09-30-2022, 08:26 PM
Alex Kozora
@Alex_Kozora

Most tackles by a Steeler through the first three games of a season (1987-2022):

Tackles aren't always a commentary on good/bad play but Jack sure is making a ton of them. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

unfortunately its because our offense is never on the field.

Buzz
09-30-2022, 09:45 PM

Exactly.

Sometimes raw statistics don't tell the whole story.

Captain Lemming
09-30-2022, 11:36 PM

Exactly.
Sometimes raw statistics don't tell the whole story.

It DOES say A SAFETY is not leading the team in tackles.

THAT is a good thing REGARDLESS how many plays the defense has to play. :)

Captain Lemming
09-30-2022, 11:40 PM
Alex Kozora
@Alex_Kozora

2005, 2010? Hmmm. I like the sound of that.

It might look bleak with Mitch but...
THIS MEANS WE ARE SUPERBOWL BOUND PEOPLE!!! :)