PDA

View Full Version : Browns release Tretter

whisper
03-15-2022, 02:26 PM
Maybe we swung too quick to sign a C?

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 06:40 PM
I wonder why? Clearing space for Watson? Could always sign him and use Daniel and Cole at G.

Just kidding.

Kind of.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 09:29 PM
I wonder why? Clearing space for Watson? Could always sign him and use Daniel and Cole at G.

Just kidding.

Kind of.

Texans have accepted the Browns trade for Watson. They also accepted the NO and Carolina offer so now Watson chooses where he goes.

Sounds like Mayfield may be out of Cleveland either way. Damage has already been done. Browns are exploring dumping him and the Texans didn’t want him either if Watson chooses the Browns.

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 09:43 PM
Heard Watson doesn’t want to play in cold weather so Cleveland is out.

This is Charlotte radio tho so I know this is their hope and not really set in stone.

Not sure why Watson would pick New Orleans but maybe playing in a dome for 8 games is more appealing.

I think the biggest thing working in Carolina’s favor is the owner. Tepper isn’t afraid to spend money.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 09:53 PM

This is Charlotte radio tho so I know this is their hope and not really set in stone.

Not sure why Watson would pick New Orleans but maybe playing in a dome for 8 games is more appealing.

I think the biggest thing working in Carolina’s favor is the owner. Tepper isn’t afraid to spend money.

Carolina has definitely put in the most time on this. Atlanta wants to talk with Watson so I’m not sure if tomorrow is the day or not. I’m sure Houston would like to move on with FA officially beginning.

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 09:55 PM

Watson played nearby at Clemson. I think Charlotte has the edge, not sure what they now do with their current QB, ship him to Cleveland?

The Browns will have quite the mess on their hands if they try and cut Mayfield. He played most of the season injured and just had surgery.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 10:26 PM
Watson played nearby at Clemson. I think Charlotte has the edge, not sure what they now do with their current QB, ship him to Cleveland?

The Browns will have quite the mess on their hands if they try and cut Mayfield. He played most of the season injured and just had surgery.

Baker basically wrote a goodbye message to Cleveland tonight. He’s not a happy camper.

WindyCitySteel
03-16-2022, 07:56 AM
If Watson chooses the Browns, the Steelers are in the North basement for the foreseeable future.

The Man of Steel
03-16-2022, 10:08 AM
If Watson chooses the Browns, the Steelers are in the North basement for the foreseeable future.
If that’s the case then I see no point in signing anyone else or even drafting anyone in April. Just trade away our entire draft for cash or bitcoin.

WindyCitySteel
03-16-2022, 10:17 AM
If that’s the case then I see no point in signing anyone else or even drafting anyone in April. Just trade away our entire draft for cash or bitcoin.

No, just stop signing borderline starters (Daniels excepted) and sign real talent, then draft a QB in round 1. If the Steelers are content on seeing what Mitch brings for two years before they start looking for a QB, they're easily the worst team in that scenario.

whisper
03-16-2022, 10:21 AM

Watson is from the South; Cleveland is not the South, or anything close to it (the weather there is Buffalo-ish and that is harsh). Plus, the general vibe in Cleveland is rust-belt, again, not south-like. Atlanta is the largest city in the South, and very pro-black. And Clemson is in South Carolina. What do they say? "I've never heard anyone say 'I'm going on vacation in Cleveland?'"

Baker already sent out a goodbye tweet. They are ripping him for it on AM sports shows today.

flippy
03-16-2022, 10:23 AM
No, just stop signing borderline starters (Daniels excepted) and sign real talent, then draft a QB in round 1. If the Steelers are content on seeing what Mitch brings for two years before they start looking for a QB, they're easily the worst team in that scenario.

I'm hoping that Mitch got Kordell'd and if we can let him play to his strengths and he can continue to develop, we can get something positive out of him.

No reason he can't be better than a Tannehill? I don't see him being a better QB or on the level of an Allen or Mahommes, but why can't we be successful with him? I don't think that's fully determined.

Although, I also could see us drafting a QB this year and we should. Any guy we draft is a long shot to make it too.

whisper
03-16-2022, 10:24 AM

He's not. He didn't even want a meeting with them. He's a southern guy. Went to Clemson. He wants no part of playing/living in Cleveland. Would you?

whisper
03-16-2022, 10:45 AM
I'm hoping that Mitch got Kordell'd and if we can let him play to his strengths and he can continue to develop, we can get something positive out of him.

No reason he can't be better than a Tannehill? I don't see him being a better QB or on the level of an Allen or Mahommes, but why can't we be successful with him? I don't think that's fully determined.

Although, I also could see us drafting a QB this year and we should. Any guy we draft is a long shot to make it too.

Define "success." Then we will know if we're on the same page. If "success" is winning some games, making the playoffs, we could achieve that. If it's having a bonafide chance at winning a ring, then, no.

Terrapin
03-16-2022, 10:50 AM
Watson will go wherever he thinks has the hottest chicks he can molest and get away with it

Northern_Blitz
03-16-2022, 11:12 AM

Honestly, I thought we'd be 3rd or 4th in the division in the last 2 years. But we always seem to scrape into at least some version of competitive.

Even in the Mason / Duck year I think we would have made the playoffs under the current system.

flippy
03-16-2022, 01:52 PM
Define "success." Then we will know if we're on the same page. If "success" is winning some games, making the playoffs, we could achieve that. If it's having a bonafide chance at winning a ring, then, no.

Success is winning it all. It's the next Lombardi for me.

The only game we lost when TJ wasn't hurt or coming back from injury was our playoff loss to KC. We came out strong in that game defensively. But our O did 0. And we wore down fast and fell apart.

I think TJ and this D can carry us with a few additional pieces.

I think MT is good enough to roll out and throw 200 passes to Pat all day long which will pull someone out of the box, take pressure off the line, and open things up for Najee to roll.

If we can just get a little continuity on O, our D is that much better and I think we can hang with anyone.