03-15-2022, 11:44 AM
Per Twitter.

3 year, $26.5M

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 11:45 AM
He will probably play G btw.

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 11:46 AM
That's more like it. Can he play LG and push Dotson to the right side?

Regardless, it means Cole at C.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 11:48 AM
I’m happy they’re going hard in the trenches.

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 11:49 AM
Don't know much about him.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 11:50 AM

He was rated the 4th best lineman available in free agency.

Starter for the Bears last season.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 11:52 AM
This seems like good news for the offense. I like singing guys who are still young.

Maybe takes pressure off drafting OL? At least interior OL is probably good for now. Maybe take Zion Johnson off the board?

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 11:52 AM

Good writeup here:

https://stillcurtain.com/2022/03/14/one-ol-steelers-target-free-agency/

flippy
03-15-2022, 11:54 AM
Looks like we’re set going into the draft from an OLine perspective.

Add a WR and the O is set.

Now we gotta figure out the D prior to the draft.

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 11:54 AM
Welcome aboard, James! Good write-up, thanks for sharing.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 11:59 AM
Green may be heading to the bench?

Daniels is now easily our best OL.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 12:06 PM
Starting line could be:

Moore-Dotson-Cole-Daniels-Chuks

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 12:07 PM
Good writeup here:

https://stillcurtain.com/2022/03/14/one-ol-steelers-target-free-agency/

Thanks for the link.

Sounds like a good pick up.

The OL is pretty young too. If this group can grow together, maybe we won't need to do much to it for a while (although I'd still love to have a marquee tackle).

brothervad
03-15-2022, 12:10 PM
Green may be heading to the bench?

Daniels is now easily our best OL.

Well this may be somewhat of a paradigm shift for leadership...they typically double/triple down on there "Diamonds in the rough" picks. They typically have quite a bit of hubris when they lablel it as a "steal" type of pick.

It appears that while they may not be entirely giving up on Green, they may be labeling him a "project" with a chance of being a bust.

Brothervad

Oviedo
03-15-2022, 12:11 PM
This seems like good news for the offense. I like singing guys who are still young.

Maybe takes pressure off drafting OL? At least interior OL is probably good for now. Maybe take Zion Johnson off the board?

Nothing new. We have always used Free Agency to solidify the roster so we don't go into the draft with gaping holes we need to fill which often leads to reaching for players.

Still want Edmunds and JuJu back. If we don't get them back, either WR or Safety could be in the mix in Round 1

Jooser
03-15-2022, 12:12 PM
Pretty solid pickup, plus only 24 yrs young. I smell a 1st round LB or DB....perhaps?

SteelerMaine83
03-15-2022, 12:13 PM
Awesome signing. Young and can play anyone of the three IOL positions.

At this point, OL is not a major need in the draft, so we have flexibility. That said if OT Penning is available at 20, I'd have a hard time passing on him.

Imagine a line with the Chuks-Daniels-Cole-Dotson-Penning, with Moore, Leglue and Green as backups. That would be a tremendous upgrade.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 12:17 PM
Pretty solid pickup, plus only 24 yrs young. I smell a 1st round LB or DB....perhaps?

Line got young in a hurry. Oldest players are Dotson and Cole. Both are only 25.

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 12:21 PM
Well this may be somewhat of a paradigm shift for leadership...they typically double/triple down on there "Diamonds in the rough" picks. They typically have quite a bit of hubris when they lablel it as a "steal" type of pick.

It appears that while they may not be entirely giving up on Green, they may be labeling him a "project" with a chance of being a bust.

Brothervad

We’ve had 3rd rounders who haven’t worked out before.

We need depth and Green is young. No reason to give up on him after 1 year.

OL always seem to get hurt too.

I like it because it means we will use the daft for skill positions.. hopefully

Oviedo
03-15-2022, 12:25 PM
Awesome signing. Young and can play anyone of the three IOL positions.

At this point, OL is not a major need in the draft, so we have flexibility. That said if OT Penning is available at 20, I'd have a hard time passing on him.

Imagine a line with the Chuks-Daniels-Cole-Dotson-Penning, with Moore, Leglue and Green as backups. That would be a tremendous upgrade.

I don't think they are looking to push Moore to the bench. He earned his stripes last year.

I really think that they may not even look at a Tackle until Round 3 because with Chuks and Moore you could pencil in two starters. Chuks didn't resign for back up money

Buzz
03-15-2022, 12:28 PM
Nice move to get Daniels. Happy fan right here.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 12:30 PM
Daniels is also versatile. He’s taken snaps at RG, LG and Center.

brothervad
03-15-2022, 12:32 PM
We’ve had 3rd rounders who haven’t worked out before.

We need depth and Green is young. No reason to give up on him after 1 year.

OL always seem to get hurt too.

I like it because it means we will use the daft for skill positions.. hopefully

I think I was inferring the same thing. I don't think they will give up on him, yet...what I am saying is they are admitting that they may have did him a disservice and are now acting like they should of in the first place. He had little experience at the position and has some challenges (size and arm length), that will require him some time to adjust around those challenges.

Hence the term "project". I am saying though that if he is unable to work around those limitations it could be a wasted pick. I am less of a critic about 3rd round being a "bust" term per se. I would love to see an assessment of % at the various rounds of Great, Good, Average, Bust round per round an then align Steelers.

Would love to see it by position as well...but man that would be a lot of work and I don't have the time.

Brothervad

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 12:37 PM
PFF says this is the best FA signing to date across the NFL.

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 12:42 PM
PFF says this is the best FA signing to date across the NFL.

We might have something here.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-15-2022, 12:56 PM
Wow, this one makes me very happy. This is the big one I've called for and thought it was dead after signing Cole. This is not a "paper over the hole" as some like to call it. Today has eliminated the need for IOL in the first two days and turned a glaring weakness into a potential strength and huge upgrade. I just hope that the Chuks signing did not take tackle off the table if a top one is there on draft day.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 12:59 PM
Nothing new. We have always used Free Agency to solidify the roster so we don't go into the draft with gaping holes we need to fill which often leads to reaching for players.

Still want Edmunds and JuJu back. If we don't get them back, either WR or Safety could be in the mix in Round 1

I don't think we usually sign deals this big. So they're often guys like Turner who were very good at one point but are on the wrong side of the aging curve.

Daniels is a high value, young UFA. I don't think we do that often. And I really like the signing.

NorthCoast
03-15-2022, 01:00 PM
Pretty solid pickup, plus only 24 yrs young. I smell a 1st round LB or DB....perhaps?With this signing the Steelers are leaving themselves wide open for the draft. They can truly go after BPA at #20. I now favor a stud DL or CB if one drops.

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 01:03 PM
I don't think we usually sign deals this big. So they're often guys like Turner who were very good at one point but are on the wrong side of the aging curve.

Daniels is a high value, young UFA. I don't think we do that often. And I really like the signing.

Exactly. This is no Jon Bostic wallpaper over a hole move.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 01:04 PM
With this signing the Steelers are leaving themselves wide open for the draft. They can truly go after BPA at #20. I now favor a stud DL or CB if one drops.

Some won't be happy, but I think our biggest needs are currently on defense (CB, SS, ILB, DL).

But there's still time (and I think money) left in UFA.

It would be interesting to have an update on what our cap situation is after these signings.

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 01:04 PM
With this signing the Steelers are leaving themselves wide open for the draft. They can truly go after BPA at #20. I now favor a stud DL or CB if one drops.

Still think they're drafting a QB, possibly trading up.

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 01:05 PM
It would be interesting to know what some of the Bears fan boards think of this.

Flasteel
03-15-2022, 01:06 PM
Wow, this one makes me very happy. This is the big one I've called for and thought it was dead after signing Cole. This is not a "paper over the hole" as some like to call it. Today has eliminated the need for IOL in the first two days and turned a glaring weakness into a potential strength and huge upgrade. I just hope that the Chuks signing did not take tackle off the table if a top one is there on draft day.

That's my thinking as well. Chuks may not have signed for backup money, but it is bottom of the barrel starter money. I say a tackle should still be on the board for the first couple of picks. I'm hoping we go some combination of OT, DT, and ILB in the draft. Then again...free agency hasn't technically even started yet. Any one of those positions might still be addressed. Bobby Wagner maybe? That kind of move would be felt in Vegas.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 01:08 PM
It would be interesting to know what some of the Bears fan boards think of this.

They’re not happy. Said they lost their only dependable OL. One said he’s a mauler and was hoping to keep him somehow.

They said we got a good one….

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 01:12 PM
They’re not happy. Said they lost their only dependable OL. One said he’s a mauler and was hoping to keep him somehow.

They said we got a good one….

Another fan went off cursing.

And another said Daniels to the Steelers makes him sick. :D

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-15-2022, 01:14 PM

Assuming Tuitt and Alualu are back, I think stud DL will move down the draft board priority list. With Adams just being signed that is 6 roster DL under contract - Tuitt, Alualu, Heyward, Adams, Wormley, Loudermilk. A first rounder will be rotational at most barring injury. It will have to be someone they love way beyond the rest of those available.

I feel the same about OT. Now with Chuks getting 10mil and Moore, I don't think they go after an early guy unless they love him. I think that barring any other big moves, CB and ILB are the top of the board positions.

After all that it will probably be a TE, OLB, or QB. :D

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 01:48 PM
Assuming Tuitt and Alualu are back, I think stud DL will move down the draft board priority list. With Adams just being signed that is 6 roster DL under contract - Tuitt, Alualu, Heyward, Adams, Wormley, Loudermilk. A first rounder will be rotational at most barring injury. It will have to be someone they love way beyond the rest of those available.

I feel the same about OT. Now with Chuks getting 10mil and Moore, I don't think they go after an early guy unless they love him. I think that barring any other big moves, CB and ILB are the top of the board positions.

Right now, I think secondary is the weakest position group. Only 2 starters for 4 positions.

CB and SS are big needs IMO. Probably the biggest needs left (unless / until we cut Schobert).

Need another WR too.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-15-2022, 01:55 PM
Maybe it's because they never had the money?

SteelerOfDeVille
03-15-2022, 01:56 PM
That's my thinking as well. Chuks may not have signed for backup money, but it is bottom of the barrel starter money. I say a tackle should still be on the board for the first couple of picks. I'm hoping we go some combination of OT, DT, and ILB in the draft. Then again...free agency hasn't technically even started yet. Any one of those positions might still be addressed. Bobby Wagner maybe? That kind of move would be felt in Vegas.
I could se a solid RT being taken in the 2nd round... I'm on the Nicholas Petit-Frere bandwagon...

Terrapin
03-15-2022, 01:58 PM
WR is supposed to be deep this year in the draft? Go BPA on defense or QB (if trading up) in the first rd, then go WR in the 2nd or 3rd

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 02:29 PM
WR is supposed to be deep this year in the draft? Go BPA on defense or QB (if trading up) in the first rd, then go WR in the 2nd or 3rd

This is why I don't get why WR contracts are so high.

Seems like it's a good to very good group of WRs in the draft every year.

SteelerMaine83
03-15-2022, 03:04 PM
I don't think they are looking to push Moore to the bench. He earned his stripes last year.

I really think that they may not even look at a Tackle until Round 3 because with Chuks and Moore you could pencil in two starters. Chuks didn't resign for back up money

Oh, I agree Ovi, I don't think they will go OT in the 1st I just really like Penning and he would be hard to pass up if it were me.

They did give Chuks starter money, sort of. If you look at the details of his contract, it's really a one year prove it with two years of positive cap space if you cut him. He'd better perform or we'll be looking for a starting OT next year, too.

Captain Lemming
03-15-2022, 03:11 PM
Maybe it's because they never had the money?

THIS. People say what do you expect we NEVER make splash signings.

We NEVER HAVE MONEY to do that.

This is the first truly meaningful signing.

Captain Lemming
03-15-2022, 03:13 PM

Teams are stupid. That is why people overpay elite receivers and backs.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-15-2022, 04:10 PM
Right now, I think secondary is the weakest position group. Only 2 starters for 4 positions.

CB and SS are big needs IMO. Probably the biggest needs left (unless / until we cut Schobert).

Need another WR too.

Agreed. Also WR. Current receivers are Claypool & Johnson, with the next in line being Anthony Miller. The WRs in FA have gone off the board at a very high price so I'm thinking it comes down to the draft. If a #1 (which we currently don't have on the roster) is there at #20, it has to be a consideration.

Oviedo
03-15-2022, 04:13 PM

Still not buying Tuitt coming back. Still too much mystery. Sad because I think he is a great player.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-15-2022, 04:21 PM
Still not buying Tuitt coming back. Still too much mystery. Sad because I think he is a great player.

Only time will tell. I'm hoping the team has a better idea of what is happening with him than we do.

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 04:49 PM

Someone forgot to tell the Jags GM.

This dude is out here throwing all types
of money at regular WR’s while having tons of draft picks.

hawaiiansteel
03-15-2022, 06:49 PM
Steelers sign G James Daniels (3 years, $26.5 million): A+ Grade

Chicago's offensive line has been dreadful the past couple of seasons, but don't blame James Daniels. A steady presence on the Bears' front, Daniels played well as both a run blocker and pass protector. He was due to receive a huge contract this spring.

I wouldn't exactly call this deal huge. This seems like a great bargain for Daniels, who will be a colossal upgrade for the Steelers' dreadful interior offensive line. The cherry on top is that Daniels is somehow only 24, so he should continue to improve.

https://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

Shawn
03-15-2022, 11:41 PM
Not sure why Steeler nation isn't glowing about this...holy crap the dude is a stud. 24 yo and breaks DLman off for breakfast. That's the most exciting pick of our offseason.

papillon
03-16-2022, 12:27 AM

Actually, based on the trend that I'm seeing, which is getting the team younger, the DL may move to the top of the list and drafting a replacement for Heyward and/or AluAlu they are both in their 30s. so, take Jordan Davis (if he happens to be there) or someone like Davonte Wyatt or DeMarvin Leal to get the DL younger in a couple years when Alualu and Heyward call it a day. Just a thought.

Pappy

Captain Lemming
03-16-2022, 02:09 AM
Not sure why Steeler nation isn't glowing about this...holy crap the dude is a stud. 24 yo and breaks DLman off for breakfast. That's the most exciting pick of our offseason.

Seems like the pick is being universally praised.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-16-2022, 02:36 AM
Actually, based on the trend that I'm seeing, which is getting the team younger, the DL may move to the top of the list and drafting a replacement for Heyward and/or AluAlu they are both in their 30s. so, take Jordan Davis (if he happens to be there) or someone like Davonte Wyatt or DeMarvin Leal to get the DL younger in a couple years when Alualu and Heyward call it a day. Just a thought.

Pappy

I get it. The DL is the strangest position group on this team. Healthy you have a complete group of premium starters. Also 3 closest to retirement. But now you even have 3 backups under contract for next year. Why it is so important to know what is going on with Tuitt.

steeler_george
03-16-2022, 06:39 AM
Great move, I kept on hearing his name across the Steeler media that he should be their #1 priority.

Now I can understand why, Daniels is exactly what we needed to sure up our IOL. Like someone said on here, it might be the strength of the team now.

The OL looks set, found a foundation, now for the next generation of great OL. ( they are young and experienced)

As for adding an OT in FA or draft I can still see it if there is someone who is an upgrade (draft Penning maybe FA Moses).

Chuck's contract looks like cheap starter money, but in reality it is a 1 year prove it deal. Can easily be cut in '23.
I think it is 4 million with bonus this year, same as next year.

Would be tough to pass on Penning just imagine Najee running behind this:
Moore/Chucks-Dotson-Cole/Green-Daniels-Penning

WindyCitySteel
03-16-2022, 07:14 AM
I get it. The DL is the strangest position group on this team. Healthy you have a complete group of premium starters. Also 3 closest to retirement. But now you even have 3 backups under contract for next year. Why it is so important to know what is going on with Tuitt.

All year people bemoaned the loss of Alualu, if they don't draft a better backup/eventual replacement and rely on a 35-year old coming off of serious injury they'll regret it.

Ernie
03-16-2022, 07:42 AM
All year people bemoaned the loss of Alualu, if they don't draft a better backup/eventual replacement and rely on a 35-year old coming off of serious injury they'll regret it.

I'm not sure there is a guy in this draft class that will be "Instantly better" than Tyson A. I agree 100% though that finding his replacement should be top priority.

NorthCoast
03-16-2022, 07:45 AM
I get it. The DL is the strangest position group on this team. Healthy you have a complete group of premium starters. Also 3 closest to retirement. But now you even have 3 backups under contract for next year. Why it is so important to know what is going on with Tuitt.Not trusting Tuitt's return. In the day of social media I would expect a simple tweet from him like 'hey guys, getting back to work after a year away'. Maybe a workout vid? He's been unusually quiet for a guy 'wanting to return'. And even if he does make it back you have to wonder how strong he will be in return.
Then there's Alualu returning from a broken ankle. At 35 yrs old who knows how well he can do and whether he can handle a 17 game season (i.e., not everyone is a Cam Heyward).

WindyCitySteel
03-16-2022, 07:49 AM
Not trusting Tuitt's return. In the day of social media I would expect a simple tweet from him like 'hey guys, getting back to work after a year away'. Maybe a workout vid? He's been unusually quiet for a guy 'wanting to return'. And even if he does make it back you have to wonder how strong he will be in return.
Then there's Alualu returning from a broken ankle. At 35 yrs old who knows how well he can do and whether he can handle a 17 game season (i.e., not everyone is a Cam Heyward).

Georgia pro day is today, Tomlin rumored to have had dinner with Jordan Davis last night.

Flasteel
03-16-2022, 10:07 AM
Georgia pro day is today, Tomlin rumored to have had dinner with Jordan Davis last night.

Jordan Davis is now my number one target, if I'm a part of the Steeler braintrust. This guy is a superfreak.

WindyCitySteel
03-16-2022, 10:16 AM
Jordan Davis is now my number one target, if I'm a part of the Steeler braintrust. This guy is a superfreak.

That would push Alualu to rotational, perfect for a 35-year old, and Montravious to inactive/backup.

flippy
03-16-2022, 10:25 AM
Seems like the pick is being universally praised.

Everyone else gets excited about their QBs, WRs, CBs....as Steelers fans, our best FA is an OG....only in the Steelers world :)

Terrapin
03-16-2022, 10:35 AM
Everyone else gets excited about their QBs, WRs, CBs....as Steelers fans, our best FA is an OG....only in the Steelers world :)

People around here, especially the media, still think it's the 70s ground and pound game

Chucktownsteeler
03-16-2022, 10:39 AM
We all saw last year what a putrid O-line gets you.

Northern_Blitz
03-16-2022, 11:11 AM

Yep. You don't know how important something is until you don't have it.

Terrapin
03-16-2022, 11:17 AM

There was absolutely no reason for any oline to be THAT bad last year. you could literally get 5 fat guys sitting at a bar and they wouldn't do much worse. Yes, they all sucked. But I have to believe there were more issues than just talent (coaching, scheme, play design, etc)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-16-2022, 01:38 PM

I saw somewhere it was dinner with Davis and Dean.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-16-2022, 01:40 PM
That would push Alualu to rotational, perfect for a 35-year old, and Montravious to inactive/backup.

Before moving to NT, Alualu was a rotational DE on both sides. He only moved full time to NT when Hargave left. He is easily (if healthy) the best DL on the bench if it plays out that way and Loudermilk, Adams, and Wormley fight for a helmet each week.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-16-2022, 02:00 PM

And every year those teams win the off-season, and usually fall flat when the real games start.

Captain Lemming
03-16-2022, 02:46 PM
And every year those teams win the off-season, and usually fall flat when the real games start.

Did you miss the SB?

WindyCitySteel
03-16-2022, 03:50 PM

Not true.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1503000297249124360?s=20&t=IqGI6zcNKD6HBmlLzYqGxQ

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-16-2022, 03:52 PM
Did you miss the SB?

I'll assume you mean the Bengals because the Rams had no impact FA signings in the off-season. However, they were smart about how they went about their business - feels weird to say about the Bengals.

5 Impact FAs - 3 in the trenches. A guard Reilly Reiff, 1 yr/$7.5M and 2 DL Hendrickson the only big ticket 4 yr/$60M and Ogunjobi 1 yr/$6.2M

Also 2 corners Hilton 4 yr/$24M and Awuzie 3 yr/$21.75M

Active but not crazy. The only major deal was for a young guy and not out of line.

And that is probably the first SB team I can remember with such a jump from first year FAs. Most off-season winning teams pull contracts like Christian Kirk AAV over $20M and float back to the bottom once the games begin.

Steel Maniac
03-16-2022, 04:15 PM

Yep…. first round LB would be a good move.

Steel Maniac
03-16-2022, 04:20 PM
Some won't be happy, but I think our biggest needs are currently on defense (CB, SS, ILB, DL).

But there's still time (and I think money) left in UFA.

It would be interesting to have an update on what our cap situation is after these signings.

I like what we’ve done so far. I think we can now take an O-lineman in the 3rd/4th round and we can go LB in the first round and maybe a legit #1 WR ( for example) in the 2nd round.

hawaiiansteel
03-16-2022, 04:30 PM
I saw somewhere it was dinner with Davis and Dean.

Tomlin said he expects Davis to have been selected already before the Steelers pick at #20.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/03/despite-interest-in-georgias-jordan-davis-mike-tomlin-doubts-hell-be-a-steeler-i-think-he-may-have-hugged-roger-goodell-by-then/

Chucktownsteeler
03-16-2022, 04:41 PM
Tomlin said he expects Davis to have been selected already before the Steelers pick at #20.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/03/despite-interest-in-georgias-jordan-davis-mike-tomlin-doubts-hell-be-a-steeler-i-think-he-may-have-hugged-roger-goodell-by-then/

I saw that, maybe Tomlin trying some reverse logic.

hawaiiansteel
03-21-2022, 08:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOGTm7lXsCcPsqP?format=jpg&name=large

NorthCoast
03-21-2022, 09:15 PM
People around here, especially the media, still think it's the 70s ground and pound gameMaybe I need to remind you of the following starting OLs that played in a SB in the 2000s;

LT
M Starks
3rd rd

LG
C Kemoeatu
6th rd

C
J Hartwig
6th rd

RG
D, Stapleton
UDFA

RT
W Colon
4th rd

Better yet;

LT
J Scott
5th rd

LG
C Kemoeatu
6th rd

C
D. Legursky
UDFA

RG
R. Foster
UDFA

RT
F. Adams
2nd rd*

* the last game of his career

Maybe the Steelers current OL doesn't have the pedigree but if pedigree is all it takes then the Falcons should have won the SB the year they had a starting OL with all #1 picks.

Steel Maniac
03-21-2022, 11:44 PM

Good signing. One of our best in a while.

hawaiiansteel
03-22-2022, 12:04 AM
I saw that, maybe Tomlin trying some reverse logic.

I think if Jordan Davis is still there at #20 he may very well be our pick.

but I don't think he will be...

Starlifter
03-22-2022, 12:22 AM
always hope for the best, but if the steelers finish FA and the draft assuming Tuitt and Alualu will be available and will give us an entire season - well, that would be insane.

I like most if not all the moves they've made thus far. We need help for Minkah, shore up the D-line and find a top WR. I think it's coming together. What a luxury having money to spend is......

Shawn
03-22-2022, 12:56 AM
I’m happy they’re going hard in the trenches. Me too...thats where he rebuilding starts

NorthCoast
03-22-2022, 07:46 AM
always hope for the best, but if the steelers finish FA and the draft assuming Tuitt and Alualu will be available and will give us an entire season - well, that would be insane.

I like most if not all the moves they've made thus far. We need help for Minkah, shore up the D-line and find a top WR. I think it's coming together. What a luxury having money to spend is......Time favors the Steelers now. The longer they wait the bigger the discount. I think a SS gets signed this week. Colbert's week 2 of FA is when he goes after the discounted guys.

NorthCoast
03-24-2022, 01:42 PM
Enjoy the trench work by your new RG... mmm, nice;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FmOE7Qkmpg&t=143s

hawaiiansteel
09-03-2022, 02:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr9xR3T6MiY

Buzz
09-03-2022, 08:46 AM
thanks for posting this
maybe by week 1 he will be up to all-pro level

we can hope

he was brought in to be the anchor of this line; if he can elevate his game it will help immensely

whisper
09-03-2022, 11:29 AM
thanks for posting this
maybe by week 1 he will be up to all-pro level

we can hope

he was brought in to be the anchor of this line; if he can elevate his game it will help immensely

"Elevate his game?" He's been dog sh-t so far. Chuk has been the only one not totally garbage. We are in for a long season, all because this team has underrated the importance of a solid OL, once again.