steelerkeylargo
03-14-2022, 05:52 PM
resigning per Mike Garafalo.

Oviedo
03-14-2022, 05:58 PM
Solid but unspectacular...typical Steelers free agent move

WindyCitySteel
03-14-2022, 06:00 PM
They're not a serious franchise anymore. Last year they waited until the middle rounds to address the OL and it was the worst in the league.

This year they're trending towards replacing just the RG.

Chucktownsteeler
03-14-2022, 06:17 PM
24 million/ 3 years.

Ernie
03-14-2022, 06:19 PM
Really need to strength C and RG..

whisper
03-14-2022, 06:28 PM
Solid but unspectacular...typical Steelers free agent move

If they think he is starter materials, we are in deep sh-t.

whisper
03-14-2022, 06:29 PM
They're not a serious franchise anymore. Last year they waited until the middle rounds to address the OL and it was the worst in the league.

Dear God. The entire OL stinks.

Ernie
03-14-2022, 06:43 PM
Dear God. The entire OL stinks.

I think Dodson will be okay. Same with Moore in time. Chucks is pretty much a stale mate at best. Really hope we get better at C and RG.

If Trubisky is able to stretch the field vertically (deep middle) and Canada can mold this offense around MTs strengths... thatll cause defenses to make adjustments to defend more of the field...
Hopefully opening up the running game.

SteelBucks
03-14-2022, 06:52 PM
$29.25M for 3 years according to Shefter. It’s a nice raise.

I’d assume the Steelers will try to replace Turner and that’s it on the OL during FA.

pfelix73
03-14-2022, 06:56 PM

As it should be.. I've been saying this all winter. On here and elsewhere. Good move. He knows the offense, and theres no reason to go in to 2022 with multiple new players at different positions. Need cohesion with the group, and this will allow for that. We need help in the center/ interior on both offense and defense.

Ernie
03-14-2022, 06:56 PM

I’d assume the Steelers will try to replace Turner and that’s it on the OL during FA.

If that's the case I hope we draft center with our 1st pick

pfelix73
03-14-2022, 06:57 PM

Yup- Solid decision, imo. Only 1 new OL. They have a full season playing together as a unit.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-14-2022, 07:06 PM
that is a serious overpay for chuks

why are we bringing back scrubs on the OL that we know fuking suck

WindyCitySteel
03-14-2022, 07:07 PM
As it should be.. I've been saying this all winter. On here and elsewhere. Good move. He knows the offense, and theres no reason to go in to 2022 with multiple new players at different positions. Need cohesion with the group, and this will allow for that. We need help in the center/ interior on both offense and defense.

The Chiefs rebuilt their line in one offseason. What good is chemistry if the players stink?

Iron City Inc.
03-14-2022, 07:09 PM
Really need to strength C and RG..

For sure. Bozeman would really fit like a glove as well as messing with Baltimore. A RG we could get in the draft and we better. Although we could move Dotson to RG and leave Leglue at LG. Thought Leglue showed okay a year ago. Also Leglue has taken reps at center. Just an fyi and we all know MT likes versatility.

pfelix73
03-14-2022, 08:24 PM
The Chiefs rebuilt their line in one offseason. What good is chemistry if the players stink?

But your last part of your post is merely your opinion and not fact. This OL is young and just needs the time to get better. What did KC do last year? they win the SB?

WindyCitySteel
03-14-2022, 08:47 PM
But your last part of your post is merely your opinion and not fact. This OL is young and just needs the time to get better. What did KC do last year? they win the SB?

Chuks is a four year starter. How much time does he need?

The Chiefs OL was greatly improved over the year before because they made serious upgrades.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-15-2022, 09:47 AM
24 million/ 3 years.

I know good tackles are a lot of money but he's overpaid and the cost to cut him later if we find better will hurt us. For example what if we draft a tackle in round one and he starts? Rookie Moore jr was better. We just gave him a lot of money. Someone else can have him! I'll take the projected 4th-6th round comp pick. We are rebuilding now, re-singing Oakoafor is not rebuilding.

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 10:02 AM
Chuks is a four year starter. How much time does he need?

The Chiefs OL was greatly improved over the year before because they made serious upgrades.

It's the Oline as a unit. You need to settle on 5 players and have them jell. In other words you could get 5 all-pros from different teams and it would still take them time to gell as a unit. That's why our OL was so good for so long. There was very little turnover.

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 10:04 AM
It's the Oline as a unit. You need to settle on 5 players and have them jell. In other words you could get 5 all-pros from different teams and it would still take them time to gell as a unit. That's why our OL was so good for so long. There was very little turnover.

Again, the Chiefs proved this wrong last year. Browns a couple years before. You need good players, the Steelers have a bunch of mid to late round talent and it shows.

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 10:10 AM
Again, the Chiefs proved this wrong last year. Browns a couple years before. You need good players, the Steelers have a bunch of mid to late round talent and it shows.

No, you're wrong. It took them almost half-season to gell.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 10:13 AM
I know good tackles are a lot of money but he's overpaid and the cost to cut him later if we find better will hurt us. For example what if we draft a tackle in round one and he starts? Rookie Moore jr was better. We just gave him a lot of money. Someone else can have him! I'll take the projected 4th-6th round comp pick. We are rebuilding now, re-singing Oakoafor is not rebuilding.

Apparently the structure of his deal makes it easy to walk away after year 1 per the Depot.

NorthCoast
03-15-2022, 10:30 AM
Contrary to some opinions Chuks does reasonably well in pass pro. It's run blocking where the Steelers could use an upgrade, especially with Najee on board.

whisper
03-15-2022, 03:19 PM
I think Dodson will be okay. Same with Moore in time. Chucks is pretty much a stale mate at best. Really hope we get better at C and RG.

If Trubisky is able to stretch the field vertically (deep middle) and Canada can mold this offense around MTs strengths... thatll cause defenses to make adjustments to defend more of the field...
Hopefully opening up the running game.

If we get an OL that can offer any semblance of rush blocking. They ranked near bottom of the NFL last season.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 03:54 PM
No, you're wrong. It took them almost half-season to gell.

Nonsense, it took half a season for the defense to gel, the offense was torching teams from the jump.

Even if it took half a season that isn't what I was replying to, namely having to keep an OL together for *years* to gel.

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 04:09 PM
Nonsense, it took half a season for the defense to gel, the offense was torching teams from the jump.

Even if it took half a season that isn't what I was replying to, namely having to keep an OL together for *years* to gel.

No one said it takes *years* for an O-line to gell as a unit. It does take time and you're kidding yourself if you think it doesn't.

Yes, the longer they stay and play together the better cohesive unit they will become.

NorthCoast
03-15-2022, 04:56 PM
No one said it takes *years* for an O-line to gell as a unit. It does take time and you're kidding yourself if you think it doesn't.

Yes, the longer they stay and play together the better cohesive unit they will become.I think the Rams OL played the entire year intact. It makes a difference.

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 05:04 PM
I think the Rams OL played the entire year intact. It makes a difference.

You are correct. That went un-noticed with AV, Foster, Pouncey, and DD. They were a cohesive unit. We had a few RT during that stretch, maybe Gilbert lasted the longest, I'm not sure. The O-line is a unit, somewhat unique in the sports world.