PDA

View Full Version : Browns trade for Cowboy's WR Cooper

whisper
03-12-2022, 08:18 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2022/03/12/amari-cooper-trade-cleveland-browns-dallas-cowboys/7017015001/

They gave up almost nothing to fill a huge need. Cooper is a 4 time pro bowl WR, former high 1st round pick. He may have lost a step, but not much. Still can add a lot of a passing game.

SteelBucks
03-13-2022, 01:29 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2022/03/12/amari-cooper-trade-cleveland-browns-dallas-cowboys/7017015001/

They gave up almost nothing to fill a huge need. Cooper is a 4 time pro bowl WR, former high 1st round pick. He may have lost a step, but not much. Still can add a lot of a passing game.

Except they also have to pick up that contract which isn’t great. $20M cap hit for the next three years. They’re over the cap so expect some cuts soon.

WindyCitySteel
03-13-2022, 07:04 AM
Except they also have to pick up that contract which isn’t great. $20M cap hit for the next three years. They’re over the cap so expect some cuts soon.

Landry was granted permission to pursue a trade, they can also restructure the contract.

feltdizz
03-13-2022, 12:00 PM
This doesn’t make any sense unless they plan on moving on from Baker.

Landry seemed to have the best chemistry with BM.

whisper
03-13-2022, 01:04 PM
This doesn’t make any sense unless they plan on moving on from Baker.

Landry seemed to have the best chemistry with BM.

I think it's a sign they are trying Baker for one more season - giving him a fair hot with some weapons. They are probably the only team that would trade for Cooper and that contract.

SteelBucks
03-13-2022, 01:18 PM
I think it's a sign they are trying Baker for one more season - giving him a fair hot with some weapons. They are probably the only team that would trade for Cooper and that contract.

Baker had problems getting the ball to OBJ and Landry. I don’t know why it would be any different with Cooper.

whisper
03-13-2022, 02:07 PM
Baker had problems getting the ball to OBJ and Landry. I don’t know why it would be any different with Cooper.

Definitely had issues getting the ball to OBJ, but last year is fuzzy with all of BM's injuries. He had no use of left shoulder at all, hard to throw like that.

Buzz
03-13-2022, 02:59 PM

Deshaun Watson won't have any problem getting the ball to his receivers there. Biggest concern will be keeping him from playing rub-a-dub-dub in the trainer's tub

whisper
03-13-2022, 03:20 PM
Deshaun Watson won't have any problem getting the ball to his receivers there. Biggest concern will be keeping him from playing rub-a-dub-dub in the trainer's tub

Do you honestly think he'd come within a 10' pole of repeating anything of the sort ever again? I don't see it.