PDA

View Full Version : NFL FA thread

WindyCitySteel
03-12-2022, 03:08 PM
Cleveland just got better for basically nothing.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1502720665933209606?s=20&t=ycQTzo57W1IKM54wUfnjSg

SteelBucks
03-12-2022, 03:34 PM
Cleveland just got better for basically nothing.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1502720665933209606?s=20&t=ycQTzo57W1IKM54wUfnjSg

Not exactly. They also pick up that mess of a contract. They’re now over the cap.

NorthCoast
03-12-2022, 03:38 PM
Mayfield couldn't get the ball to OBJ. Cooper will be the next WR wanting out of Cleveland after a season.

SteelBucks
03-12-2022, 03:40 PM
Mayfield couldn't get the ball to OBJ. Cooper will be the next WR wanting out of Cleveland after a season.

Yeah. Doesn’t really matter how many weapons you have without a QB.

hawaiiansteel
03-12-2022, 03:52 PM
Steelers need to find a #1 CB who can cover Ja'marr Chase and Amari Cooper twice a season.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-12-2022, 04:01 PM
Yeah. Doesn’t really matter how many weapons you have without a QB.

Is his dad on Twitter? :D

hawaiiansteel
03-12-2022, 08:43 PM
March 12, 2022

Cowboys send WR Cooper to Browns for late pick … Dallas has reportedly worked a deal with Cleveland in which the Browns will get veteran WR Amari Cooper from the Cowboys in exchange for what is being reported as a 5th round pick this year. To complete the deal, the teams will also flip 6th round picks. The Cowboys were actually planning t release Cooper in order to reduce their 2022 salary cap by $16M. In picking up Cooper, who is a good player addressed what might be their #1 off-season priority which means they may be able to use the 13th pick in this year’s draft on another area of concern.

https://gbnreport.com

WindyCitySteel
03-13-2022, 06:57 AM
I didn't realize how bad that contract was. Still, the Browns can restructure it.

WindyCitySteel
03-14-2022, 07:23 AM
So-called "legal tampering" period begins today, which means teams can start negotiating with FAs, which means FA actually begins today. We'll find out soon if the Steelers' cap space changes their MO.

If they got a new C and RG, they can live with Chuks on the right side. Draft a QB and WR or two in April and the O is in good shape in 2022. D next season.

WindyCitySteel
03-14-2022, 11:00 AM
Witherspoon staying with Steelers, per Aditi:

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/1503377866133757960?s=20&t=G4oagLvM_ZvC8BQKUoJiuA

SteelBucks
03-14-2022, 11:19 AM

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/1503377866133757960?s=20&t=G4oagLvM_ZvC8BQKUoJiuA

Not flashy but this is an important resigning. I’d expect him to start at one CB. Other CB is TBD.

SteelBucks
03-14-2022, 11:21 AM
So-called "legal tampering" period begins today, which means teams can start negotiating with FAs, which means FA actually begins today. We'll find out soon if the Steelers' cap space changes their MO.

If they got a new C and RG, they can live with Chuks on the right side. Draft a QB and WR or two in April and the O is in good shape in 2022. D next season.

Twitter will explode at noon. Legal tampering is even more exciting than actual FA.

Northern_Blitz
03-14-2022, 11:29 AM

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but her Tweet seems to imply that Sutton is moving back inside?

I don't think that happens.

But I'm not sure if the "we need to sign 1 CB" part of the post is saying before resigning 'Spoon, or after.

If we sign Witherspoon, I think we go into the draft thinking Sutton and Witherspoon on the outside and Maulet on the inside.

I agree that we need a SS. I think it will be interesting to see how many guys with rejected 5th year options resign under the new option payouts. I think it was pretty rare for a guy to resign in the old case (when the options seemed to be cheaper). But now maybe it becomes more likely?

WindyCitySteel
03-14-2022, 11:38 AM
Twitter will explode at noon. Legal tampering is even more exciting than actual FA.

Actual FA is just pen to paper - all the deals are done by then, lol.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-14-2022, 11:45 AM
Not flashy but this is an important resigning. I’d expect him to start at one CB. Other CB is TBD.

That's the great thing about having Sutton. You have the option of signing an outside corner or slot corner.

feltdizz
03-14-2022, 12:44 PM
Jarvis Landry cut by Browns

Probably heads to Tampa

WindyCitySteel
03-14-2022, 01:00 PM
Multiple Twitter accounts saying Steelers have agreed to a deal with Trubisky. FML.

crushedspirit
03-14-2022, 02:00 PM
I see that the Bengals have vastly improved their interior line with signing Cappa and Karras.

NJ-STEELER
03-14-2022, 02:21 PM
I see that the Bengals have vastly improved their interior line with signing Cappa and Karras.

If I was them. I keep adding OL in the draft.
clearly the weakest link on their team and the need to protect the franchise

Northern_Blitz
03-14-2022, 03:40 PM
If I was them. I keep adding OL in the draft.
clearly the weakest link on their team and the need to protect the franchise

If I was us, I would also keep adding OL because it's the weakest link on our team too (although QB isn't exactly a great positional strength either).

WindyCitySteel
03-14-2022, 03:41 PM

They're going to win a Super Bowl before Burrow's big contract.

crushedspirit
03-14-2022, 04:09 PM
They're going to win a Super Bowl before Burrow's big contract.

They just need a RT now, maybe they might make a play for Collins. Either way, that team just improved big time, and it seems they won't cheap out as usual.

SteelBucks
03-14-2022, 04:58 PM
Pats CB JC Jackson will be a Charger.

crushedspirit
03-14-2022, 05:06 PM
Pats CB JC Jackson will be a Charger.

Chargers going all out on D signings. Mack and Jackson will help them for sure. That division is shaping up to be quite the battle coming up.

SteelBucks
03-14-2022, 05:16 PM
Carlton Davis is staying with TB.

SteelBucks
03-14-2022, 05:25 PM
Fins signing Bridgewater. Is Tua that bad?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-14-2022, 05:30 PM
Carlton Davis is staying with TB.

Wonder what the terms will be. JC Jackson got 5yr/$82.5M and there was talk of him maybe getting over $20M/yr. Davis was expected to be the next in line but still lower. Re-signing leads me to believe that. What will that mean for the rest of the CB class?

Chucktownsteeler
03-14-2022, 05:30 PM
I was never impressed with Tua.

Of the available FA QBs I think we got the best. I'm a little concerned with his height but we will see. Maybe a trend to shorter more mobile QBs with 9.5" hands is on the horizon.

SteelBucks
03-14-2022, 05:33 PM
Chuks looks to be coming back

Chucktownsteeler
03-14-2022, 05:42 PM
Chuks looks to be coming back

Luke warm on this but frees up another draft pick.

SteelBucks
03-14-2022, 05:48 PM
The Chuks deal is 2 years. The financial part hasn’t been released yet.

SteelBucks
03-14-2022, 05:51 PM
Mathieu (Honey Badger) to the Raiders.

WindyCitySteel
03-14-2022, 05:59 PM
Luke warm on this but frees up another draft pick.

Draft picks are used to replace bad starters. Still need a RT.

SteelBucks
03-14-2022, 06:09 PM
People are hearing 3 years $24M for Chuks. Seems to be the going rate and it’s cap friendly. Not bad.

Chucktownsteeler
03-14-2022, 06:17 PM
People are hearing 3 years $24M for Chuks. Seems to be the going rate and it’s cap friendly. Not bad.

Not bad all things considered. Gives more option on draft day.

SteelBucks
03-14-2022, 06:50 PM
Not bad all things considered. Gives more option on draft day.

I should have just waited on the terms. Everyone was guessing and trying to be first. Sounds like it’s $29.25M. That’s a nice raise.

WindyCitySteel
03-14-2022, 09:05 PM
Chuks $10M/season. Trubisky $7M/season.

The Steelers could have had JC Jackson for that money.

If they had signed JCJ and not the other two, Steeler Nation would be exploding with excitement and optimism today, and for good reason - they'd be a much better football team because of it.

Steel Maniac
03-14-2022, 09:15 PM
Steelers just signed center Mason Cole from the Vikings

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 05:50 AM
Browns are meeting with Deshaun Watson on Tuesday (today).

Ernie
03-15-2022, 06:09 AM
Chuks $10M/season. Trubisky $7M/season.

The Steelers could have had JC Jackson for that money.

If they had signed JCJ and not the other two, Steeler Nation would be exploding with excitement and optimism today, and for good reason - they'd be a much better football team because of it.

Other than yourself.. I'm seeing alot of positive posts from fans with an understanding of how we operate... with realistic expectations.
What are you proposing we do? Not being a smartass. Just curious; trying to keep an open mind.

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 06:43 AM
Other than yourself.. I'm seeing alot of positive posts from fans with an understanding of how we operate... with realistic expectations.
What are you proposing we do? Not being a smartass. Just curious; trying to keep an open mind.

The Steelers were estimated to have used up $17M in cap space in 2022 with yesterday's signings. They re-signed an average tackle, signed an average C/G to replace either a bad center or very similar guard in Turner, and a QB who isn't top 20 in the league as a bridge QB, when they already had two of those on the roster. Doesn't really move the needle.

I would have rather they used that cap space to get real impact and sign a guy like JC Jackson. None of the three guys they signed make the Steelers appreciably better.

These are "paper over holes moves" that Colbert loves. He convinces himself he has filled every hole and claims it gives him the freedom to not reach in the draft (which he still does plenty), and we end up with short term players that everyone complains we need to upgrade soon after. Everybody celebrating these guys now will soon realize why they were so cheap, including the Steelers' FO, who will have to paper over the holes again in a year or two if they don't hit in the draft.

Like I said in another thread, I'd rather have one 10 as a girlfriend than three 3's.

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 07:02 AM
And if the Browns get Watson, this move looks even worse.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1503600086764380161?s=20&t=cJsfSOZF0srt9axnFEwN7Q

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 08:37 AM
The Steelers were estimated to have used up $17M in cap space in 2022 with yesterday's signings. They re-signed an average tackle, signed an average C/G to replace either a bad center or very similar guard in Turner, and a QB who isn't top 20 in the league as a bridge QB, when they already had two of those on the roster. Doesn't really move the needle.

I would have rather they used that cap space to get real impact and sign a guy like JC Jackson. None of the three guys they signed make the Steelers appreciably better.

These are "paper over holes moves" that Colbert loves. He convinces himself he has filled every hole and claims it gives him the freedom to not reach in the draft (which he still does plenty), and we end up with short term players that everyone complains we need to upgrade soon after. Everybody celebrating these guys now will soon realize why they were so cheap, including the Steelers' FO, who will have to paper over the holes again in a year or two if they don't hit in the draft.

Like I said in another thread, I'd rather have one 10 as a girlfriend than three 3's.

sometimes you shoot your shot for the 10 and end up alone.. lol.

I’ll take a 7, 6 and a 5 over one 10.

the 6 can cook and clean and 5 knows she is a 5 so she has mastered a few things to keep a dude and knows her place (misogyny for the win) while the 7 looks like a 9 because she is with a real one (ME).

Meanwhile your 10 looks good on your arm but only has one skill.. looking good as hell. Can’t cook, clean and is lazy in bed.. lol, rest of the house is
ignored and your balls are blue.

Seriously tho… I know people want us to make a splash in FA but that isn’t how we operate. Every year its the same thing. “Why didn’t we spend big for 1 superstar?????”

How much should we spend on defense and will that get us 12 wins with Mason at QB? If not, what is the point?

Unless you really believe we can win a SB with Mason in a year or 2 you will be screaming to move the CB because he is overpriced and his talents are being wasted because we don’t have a QB.

Anyone who knows this team knows damn well we aren’t going to overpay for a CB in FA on the first day.

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 08:43 AM
I could almost buy the "hope Trubisky finds magic and build a team around him" bit if they didn't watch all the top free agents who could actually help with that sign with other teams.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 08:56 AM
If you sign JC Jackson, how are you going to fill the other needs? You just used up the entire team cap space. Check his cap hit…

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 09:14 AM
If you sign JC Jackson, how are you going to fill the other needs? You just used up the entire team cap space. Check his cap hit…

With cheaper guys. Promote from within or draft them. We're supposed to have a great coaching staff, coach around weaknesses and to your strengths.

We paid Watt, we're not going to pay Highsmith most likely. Have to draft a replacement or hope he's cheaper.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 09:22 AM
With cheaper guys. Promote from within or draft them. We're supposed to have a great coaching staff, coach around weaknesses and to your strengths.

We paid Watt, we're not going to pay Highsmith most likely. Have to draft a replacement or hope he's cheaper.

That’s why we do what we do and why Colbert and company does what they do. We’re not a JC Jackson away…not even close. I’m glad they understand that.

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 09:24 AM
If we are going to throw 3 yards behind the LOS on a 3rd and 9 or more it really doesn't matter who the QB is. The big question now is "what the hell Canada's offense is"?

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 09:27 AM

you find cheap guys and then complain about all the holes that were filled with cheap guys.. lol.

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 09:32 AM

Highsmith isn’t going to command big money. I think we can resign him to a
reasonable contract.

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 09:33 AM
That’s why we do what we do and why Colbert and company does what they do. We’re not a JC Jackson away…not even close. I’m glad they understand that.

We'd be better with JC and Mason than Mitch and Sutton. The Steelers have a huge problem at CB that is going to get exposed on a weekly basis if it's not addressed.

flippy
03-15-2022, 09:44 AM
We'd be better with JC and Mason than Mitch and Sutton. The Steelers have a huge problem at CB that is going to get exposed on a weekly basis if it's not addressed.

Do not sweat it. We have Spillane in coverage.

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 10:04 AM
The *pats and stains traded LBs. The *pats get Wilson, the stains get Winovich.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 10:10 AM

What do you think the goal is for next season?

What do you think it should be?

What do you think would be the absolute best case in whatever moves you make that keep us under the cap?

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 10:24 AM
What do you think the goal is for next season?

What do you think it should be?

What do you think would be the absolute best case in whatever moves you make that keep us under the cap?

For the Steelers? To have a winning record and sell tickets, but not seriously compete for a championship.

I think they should draft a QB and build the best team possible around him, which would include a couple big signings.

Best case is they have a rookie QB who gets a year of experience and is ready to make a big jump in 2023.

Captain Lemming
03-15-2022, 10:37 AM
sometimes you shoot your shot for the 10 and end up alone.. lol.

I’ll take a 7, 6 and a 5 over one 10.

the 6 can cook and clean and 5 knows she is a 5 so she has mastered a few things to keep a dude and knows her place (misogyny for the win) while the 7 looks like a 9 because she is with a real one (ME).

Meanwhile your 10 looks good on your arm but only has one skill.. looking good as hell. Can’t cook, clean and is lazy in bed.. lol, rest of the house is
ignored and your balls are blue.

Seriously tho… I know people want us to make a splash in FA but that isn’t how we operate. Every year its the same thing. “Why didn’t we spend big for 1 superstar?????”

How much should we spend on defense and will that get us 12 wins with Mason at QB? If not, what is the point?

Unless you really believe we can win a SB with Mason in a year or 2 you will be screaming to move the CB because he is overpriced and his talents are being wasted because we don’t have a QB.

No Dizz. You solidify corner so that WHEN you get your QB that position is set.

Neither Mason NOR Trubiski is a QB that can help you win a SB. JC CAN be an important piece to get us one.

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 10:47 AM
For the Steelers? To have a winning record and sell tickets, but not seriously compete for a championship.

I think they should draft a QB and build the best team possible around him, which would include a couple big signings.

Best case is they have a rookie QB who gets a year of experience and is ready to make a big jump in 2023.

I like this approach but I don’t think its realistic to get the big signing you are hoping for this year in FA.

I think Colbert wants to have a solid foundation for the next GM and not leave the next GM with a bunch of bloated cap hits from new players.

I still think regardless of Mitch we will try to draft a QB for the future this year. At least that is my hope. I really don’t see much difference between a Corral/Ridder at 20 and what is available in 2023 if we draft around 10 or at 25 next year. After the top QB’s are off the board the QB’s available aren’t any better than these guys this year… might be worse actually.

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 10:50 AM
No Dizz. You solidify corner so that WHEN you get your QB that position is set.

Neither Mason NOR Trubiski is a QB that can help you win a SB. JC CAN be an important piece to get us one.

and when do we get that QB?

This year? Next year? 3 years from now?

Unless that QB is already on the roster I don’t want to waste his years and cap space for that SB run.

82 Mill for 4 years and 3 of them are with gap QB’s??? No thanks

Captain Lemming
03-15-2022, 10:50 AM

WCS JUST described how 17 million annually is tied up in the guys we just signed.

NOT ONE is what you go after to build a champion. I DEFINITELY go for a premium corner over that trio. He would actually CONTRIBUTE to any SB run we might have in the near future.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 10:51 AM
Jags released ILB Miles Jack. Wow, I didn’t expect that.

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Dobbs just tweeted “Big news coming”.

My mind goes into fantasy mode when I see things like this. It’s probably Dobbs related but who knows.

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 10:57 AM
Dobbs just tweeted “Big news coming”.

My mind goes into fantasy mode when I see things like this. It’s probably Dobbs related but who knows.

Ben is un-retiring!

Captain Lemming
03-15-2022, 11:01 AM
and when do we get that QB?

This year? Next year? 3 years from now?

Unless that QB is already on the roster I don’t want to waste his years and cap space for that SB run.

82 Mill for 4 years and 3 of them are with gap QB’s??? No thanks

Maybe in a couple months. Maybe next time year.

When we do hit the jackpot I'd rather have an elite corner over benching a QB or linemen that I STILL would want to replace.

The same stupid rationale could be used to not sign Watt...oh wait you weren't excited about that. :)

I look at Watt as the window. JC is in the same window.

We would not only be more ready for a run if we hit on a QB, we would be just as good NOW with JC than with MT.

Captain Lemming
03-15-2022, 11:12 AM

When we do hit the jackpot I'd rather have an elite corner over benching a QB or linemen that I STILL would want to replace.

The same stupid rationale could be used to not sign Watt...oh wait you weren't excited about that. :)

We would not only be more ready for a run if we hit on a QB, we would be just as good NOW with JC than with MT.

To illustrate the point:

AFTER THESE SIGNINGS anybody shocked if we STILL draft a QB, guard, or tackle in the first?

Heck, if the right QB falls those might go 1,2,3 in THIS DRAFT.

Why?

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 12:39 PM

yep, I’m still not excited about Watts cap hit. Love his production but we haven’t won a playoff game since Watt was drafted.

He won DPOY tho!!!

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 12:47 PM

I think we have a similar strategy in mind. I just don't think we'll have a shot at a QB worth draft this year. Not without a massive trade up that will empty the cupboard and make it harder for us to put a good team around the QB.

I think maybe I'm willing to be a little more patient with the rebuild that you are?

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 12:50 PM
To illustrate the point:

AFTER THESE SIGNINGS anybody shocked if we STILL draft a QB, guard, or tackle in the first?

Why?

I don’t think we make these moves to sure up the OL if we get a top CB in FA.

I also think getting 3 OL in FA makes so we can go after a QB this year in the draft.

I think we go QB, WR, DL this year

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 12:52 PM
WCS JUST described how 17 million annually is tied up in the guys we just signed.

NOT ONE is what you go after to build a champion. I DEFINITELY go for a premium corner over that trio. He would actually CONTRIBUTE to any SB run we might have in the near future.

I think maybe this is the sacrifice we made when we pushed $22M of dead money into this season?

When Ben, Juju, Ebron, and Ingram come off the cap next season, that's almost as much as the biggest cap hit for a CB so far (Ramsey @ $23.2M).

I would have liked a CB too. And I think we'll still get Witherspoon after he checks out other offers.

But we were in desperate need at OL too. And I think both signings there were good.

I'm pretty "meh" on Mitch, but hopefully he's the decision we made so that we didn't feel like we had to reach for a QB in the draft or trade the farm for a guy under contract.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 12:56 PM

Do we know that we didn't make a play for JC?

Maybe he wanted to go to a place that had a QB of the future in place so he had a better shot at a championship?

whisper
03-15-2022, 01:18 PM
I don’t think we make these moves to sure up the OL if we get a top CB in FA.

I also think getting 3 OL in FA makes so we can go after a QB this year in the draft.

I think we go QB, WR, DL this year

Then why sign MT? So we have TWO QBs that are backup level?

SteelBucks
03-15-2022, 01:25 PM
Ben is un-retiring!

nooooo! lol

I’m assuming it was the Daniels signing.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 01:31 PM
Then why sign MT? So we have TWO QBs that are backup level?

I'm not a huge fan of the Mitch signing.

But I think he has a higher chance of being a legit NFL starter than Mason or Haskins. Seems like he's probably the best passer and has the best mobility of the guys we have on the roster. It's not the highest bar ever, but he's a better player than those two guys.

And I won't be too surprised if he plays better than Ben did last season (at least in the 1st three quarters).

I also won't be surprised if we end up being a better team than we were last year.

Although that might not end up with getting more wins or playoff wins.

It looks like the AFC is going to be tough sledding for a while.

I was hoping that we'd stand pat at QB with a couple of cheap scrubs added to fill out the roster. I think that would give us a better chance at getting a higher draft pick to get a good QB on a rookie deal. But I don't think the path we've chosen is unreasonable.

NorthCoast
03-15-2022, 01:33 PM
This is who gets paid in the NFL. The top half of the list isn't surprising but I am shocked by some of the others further down. Kickers making more than CBs??

The third column is the key. How much cap do you spend by position?? Example, we just signed Chuks to what looks to be an overpriced contract. He is an average right tackle so he should command about 4% of the cap. In fact he got 5% if the $10M/yr is correct.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51939279497_9171a7b341.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2n8GofV)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2n8GofV) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

Oviedo
03-15-2022, 01:49 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the Mitch signing.

But I think he has a higher chance of being a legit NFL starter than Mason or Haskins. Seems like he's probably the best passer and has the best mobility of the guys we have on the roster. It's not the highest bar ever, but he's a better player than those two guys.

And I won't be too surprised if he plays better than Ben did last season (at least in the 1st three quarters).

I also won't be surprised if we end up being a better team than we were last year.

Although that might not end up with getting more wins or playoff wins.

It looks like the AFC is going to be tough sledding for a while.

I was hoping that we'd stand pat at QB with a couple of cheap scrubs added to fill out the roster. I think that would give us a better chance at getting a higher draft pick to get a good QB on a rookie deal. But I don't think the path we've chosen is unreasonable.

He'll be better for the team than Ben was last year. Ben's limitations caused a ripple effect throughout the offense.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Trubisky can do.

Oviedo
03-15-2022, 01:52 PM
To illustrate the point:

Why?

I would be. Odds are they are going defense...perhaps WR if JuJu leaves

Chucktownsteeler
03-15-2022, 02:11 PM
Reported that the Browns are releasing Jarvis Landry. Good move, he couldn't stay healthy and had a serious case of the DJ's.

SS Laser
03-15-2022, 03:00 PM
This is who gets paid in the NFL. The top half of the list isn't surprising but I am shocked by some of the others further down. Kickers making more than CBs??

The third column is the key. How much cap do you spend by position?? Example, we just signed Chuks to what looks to be an overpriced contract. He is an average right tackle so he should command about 4% of the cap. In fact he got 5% if the $10M/yr is correct.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51939279497_9171a7b341.jpg (https://flic.k/p/2n8GofV)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2n8GofV) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr
Nice to have this list. But I except each team puts a different value on certain positions. Also Rookie contracts have to factor in. The offset can be spent elsewhere. Crazy running back value on this list. But look at what Conner just got paid. Or the kicker for Atlanta. Our Wr ‘s are lower on that list all being on Rookie deals. But how do you figure say the difference in the #1 Wr to the 4th. Chunks got over paid as far as fans are concerned but maybe the Steelers FO think this is inline for his service.

whisper
03-15-2022, 03:03 PM
I would be. Odds are they are going defense...perhaps WR if JuJu leaves

Another 1st rounder spent on D? No way.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 03:17 PM
He'll be better for the team than Ben was last year. Ben's limitations caused a ripple effect throughout the offense.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Trubisky can do.

I will not be surprised if this is the case (particularly in the first 3 quarters of the game).

I think we'll end up with a higher ppg this upcoming season vs. last year.

Even if the QB play is about a push, the OL is shaping up to be better. Especially if Cole can get us somewhere around average center play. I think the combo of Green / Hauss was not good. And if your center is below the line, I think it's hard on the whole offense...especially if your QB isn't mobile and your QB is more power than speed.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 03:18 PM
Another 1st rounder spent on D? No way.

Because all the big moves in UFA have been on O. And that made sense because that's where most of the biggest needs were (although I think CB is still a very big need, and SS is on the list too).

But I bet we'll sign solid but not spectacular guys at both of those positions...hopefully ILB too.

Captain Lemming
03-15-2022, 03:21 PM

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51939279497_9171a7b341.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2n8GofV)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2n8GofV) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

THIS is why I ALWAYS urge getting top secondary talent in free agency.

Look at SBs. Look at what ELITE talent shows up more than ANY OTHER POSITION besides QB.

And they are a far better bang for your buck.

The fact that JC is a stinkin Charger is ridiculous.

Franchise QB plus all pro secondary player....almost ALWAYS get a ring.

I predict right now, Chargers will.win a SB very soon with those two.

SS Laser
03-15-2022, 03:32 PM

Look at SBs. Look at what ELITE talent shows up more than ANY OTHER POSITION besides QB.

The chargers having 2 massive edge rushers might help also. Like having Harrison/ Woodley. Also a good safety is nice as the chargers have. Having at least 2 good CB’s is a plus.
They have many pieces of the puzzle. See how it all works out.

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 03:49 PM

Why is it ridiculous for a team with a QB on a rookie deal to get a CB in FA?

Chargers had the second most cap space: 56 million

Dead cap space: $320K

Will the Chargers win a SB soon? Maybe.. but they have to make their first playoff with with their amazing franchise QB before they can have a chance to win a SB. :p

The team with more money was able to offer a ton of money to a CB!!! THATS RIDICULOUS!! lol..

WindyCitySteel
03-15-2022, 04:01 PM
Whitehead to the Jets, Steelers better get a deal done with Edmunds.

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 04:08 PM
Whitehead to the Jets, Steelers better get a deal done with Edmunds.

Edmunds is testing FA. Might as well, some of these GM’s are throwing money at anything that breathes.

NorthCoast
03-15-2022, 04:19 PM
Edmunds is testing FA. Might as well, some of these GM’s are throwing money at anything that breathes.This is what happens when they get outbid on Plan A. They go to Plan B with nearly the same money because 'hey, it was already spent'.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 04:21 PM

That division will be really interesting for the next few years at least.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 04:22 PM
The chargers having 2 massive edge rushers might help also. Like having Harrison/ Woodley. Also a good safety is nice as the chargers have. Having at least 2 good CB’s is a plus.
They have many pieces of the puzzle. See how it all works out.

And it's all possible because they have a good QB on a rookie contract.

So they have space to bring in good talent for the whole team.

Northern_Blitz
03-15-2022, 04:23 PM
Why is it ridiculous for a team with a QB on a rookie deal to get a CB in FA?

Chargers had the second most cap space: 56 million

Dead cap space: $320K

Will the Chargers win a SB soon? Maybe.. but they have to make their first playoff with with their amazing franchise QB before they can have a chance to win a SB. :p

The team with more money was able to offer a ton of money to a CB!!! THATS RIDICULOUS!! lol..

And if you're a very good UFA and you have a choice to go to at team with a good QB on a rookie deal that's amassing talent or the Steelers, what are you going to do (if the money is comparable).

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-15-2022, 04:45 PM
This is what happens when they get outbid on Plan A. They go to Plan B with nearly the same money because 'hey, it was already spent'.

I don't know who plan A was at WR for the Jags, but Christian Kirk on a contract that could be worth as much as $84M over 4 years? That is insane.

There was just a thread on this board asking the ridiculous question of whether or not DJ is worth $18M. Crazy right? I don't know if even one person agreed that he was worth $18M per year - I think someone suggested that if it was spread out over 3 years then $18M is okay.

Kirk 77 rec 982 yds 5 TDs
DJ 107 rec 1,161 yds 8 TDs

I know, what about the drops late in the season? These stats are not even close. If this is where the FA WR market is right now then let JuJu walk and draft one early. I wouldn't be opposed to a first rounder at this rate. The FA market has gone nuts.

NorthCoast
03-15-2022, 04:50 PM
I don't know who plan A was at WR for the Jags, but Christian Kirk on a contract that could be worth as much as $84M over 4 years? That is insane.

There was just a thread on this board asking the ridiculous question of whether or not DJ is worth $18M. Crazy right? I don't know if even one person agreed that he was worth $18M per year - I think someone suggested that if it was spread out over 3 years then $18M is okay.

I know, what about the drops late in the season? These stats are not even close. If this is where the FA WR market is right now then let JuJu walk and draft one early. I wouldn't be opposed to a first rounder at this rate. The FA market has gone nuts.The Jags GM has lost his mind but that is to be expected for a guy that was handed the job a year ago. He won't make it 5 yrs in this league at the rate he is going. The owner probably told him to find weapons for Lawrence....

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 05:11 PM
And if you're a very good UFA and you have a choice to go to at team with a good QB on a rookie deal that's amassing talent or the Steelers, what are you going to do (if the money is comparable).

good QB??? Pffft... a new stadium, cali weather and cali women.

feltdizz
03-15-2022, 05:11 PM
The Jags GM has lost his mind but that is to be expected for a guy that was handed the job a year ago. He won't make it 5 yrs in this league at the rate he is going. The owner probably told him to find weapons for Lawrence....

Lefty demanded a new GM if he took the job and now we see why

Northern_Blitz
03-16-2022, 09:13 AM

I know, what about the drops late in the season? These stats are not even close. If this is where the FA WR market is right now then let JuJu walk and draft one early. I wouldn't be opposed to a first rounder at this rate. The FA market has gone nuts.

Yep...DJ is going to get paid next season.

It's not a question of whether he's "worth" $18M, because he'll probably be worth more than that if he becomes a UFA next season.

There are two questions here:
1) Would he accept a "discount" of $18M/year on an extension now to get rid of the risk that he gets hurt next season?
2) Do we want to: (1) pay him ~$18M/year now for a discounted long term deal , (2) pay him more than that after next season when he's going into UFA, or (3) let him walk and replace with a draft pick.

Doesn't seem like "sign him for less" will be an option because WRs prices are insane.

Northern_Blitz
03-16-2022, 09:14 AM
good QB??? Pffft... a new stadium, cali weather and cali women.

I'm sure those things don't hurt.

They do come with Cali taxes though...at least for home games (because I think game checks are taxes at the rates where the games are played) :p

SteelBucks
03-16-2022, 09:54 AM
Not sure how legit this is but a lot of buzz between T. Mathieu and the Steelers.

feltdizz
03-16-2022, 10:02 AM
Not sure how legit this is but a lot of buzz between T. Mathieu and the Steelers.

I thought he went to the Raiders already.

Guess not..

That would be interesting.

Chucktownsteeler
03-16-2022, 10:05 AM
I thought he went to the Raiders already.

I saw that as well, unless I misread it. I thought the Honey Badger signed with the Raiders. Even so, isn't he getting a bit long of tooth? Looks like we are building for the future with the FAs that have been recently signed.

feltdizz
03-16-2022, 10:06 AM
I'm sure those things don't hurt.

They do come with Cali taxes though...at least for home games (because I think game checks are taxes at the rates where the games are played) :p

taxes? who cares about taxes.. let the accountant sort that out. Trying to get up on these broads!!

SteelBucks
03-16-2022, 10:06 AM
I saw that as well, unless I misread it. I thought the Honey Badger signed with the Raiders. Even so, isn't he getting a bit long of tooth? Looks like we are building for the future with the FAs that have been recently signed.

He’s 29. I thought he also agreed with the Raiders but turns out that wasn’t the case.

Chucktownsteeler
03-16-2022, 10:08 AM
He’s 29. I thought he also agreed with the Raiders but turns out that wasn’t the case.

Man, seems like he has been around forever.

feltdizz
03-16-2022, 10:09 AM
Man, seems like he has been around forever.

Right? I thought he was around 32.. lol

SteelBucks
03-16-2022, 10:10 AM

To add, I’d prefer Edmunds who’s 25. I picked on him a lot but he played well last season.

SteelBucks
03-16-2022, 10:15 AM
The Honey Badger and Minkah could be an interesting combo though!

flippy
03-16-2022, 10:18 AM
The Honey Badger and Minkah could be an interesting combo though!

I haven't paid close attention to the honey badger lately, but it feels like he'd be a huge upgrade and no reason we couldn't get a good 5-6 years out of him. Unless I'm way off?

SteelBucks
03-16-2022, 11:24 AM
Gerry Dulac threw cold water on the Mathieu rumors. He said the extra cash will go towards Minkah’s new contract.

Northern_Blitz
03-16-2022, 11:46 AM
taxes? who cares about taxes.. let the accountant sort that out. Trying to get up on these broads!!

As long as he's not taking tips from Watson, I'm sure he'll do alright with the ladies.

Northern_Blitz
03-16-2022, 11:54 AM
Not exactly UFA stuff, but Alex K is always combing through videos to see what Steelers coaches are at what prodays

OL coach Pat Myers in Minnesota

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/1504119381651079170

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN-0Z12WUAQY4u9?format=jpg&name=small

SteelerMaine83
03-16-2022, 12:07 PM
Gerry Dulac threw cold water on the Mathieu rumors. He said the extra cash will go towards Minkah’s new contract.

Maybe. Minkah is due $10.6+ against the cap this year. You could actually sign him long term and save a few million of cap space this year, if you wanted to, helping out to get others in the door. I would actually redo Minkah right away to give us that cap space now.

BURGH86STEEL
03-16-2022, 02:49 PM
Just read James Conner received a nice extension. Happy for him.

whisper
03-16-2022, 02:58 PM
Just read James Conner received a nice extension. Happy for him.

15 TDs, nice season he had.

Chucktownsteeler
03-16-2022, 03:21 PM
15 TDs, nice season he had.

Yes, he was a nice fit for that team.

Oviedo
03-16-2022, 03:26 PM
To add, I’d prefer Edmunds who’s 25. I picked on him a lot but he played well last season.
I also want Edmunds back. Good partner for Minkah

BURGH86STEEL
03-17-2022, 06:34 AM
I haven't seen Von Miller contract structure yet but I think the Bills over paid for him. 6 year 120 mill. 45 to 51 guaranteed. 33 year old player.

feltdizz
03-17-2022, 06:46 AM
I haven't seen Von Miller contract structure yet but I think the Bills over paid for him. 6 year 120 mill. 45 to 51 guaranteed. 33 year old player.

They think its 2016.. lol.

might be the worst signing so far in FA when it comes to value.

Northern_Blitz
03-17-2022, 07:17 AM

Are you suggesting he won't be playing when he's 39?

In their defense, their window looks a lot different than ours. My guess is that it's not too painful for them to get out after year 3 or something.

NorthCoast
03-17-2022, 07:22 AM
Are you suggesting he won't be playing when he's 39?

In their defense, their window looks a lot different than ours. My guess is that it's not too painful for them to get out after year 3 or something.What I recall seeing was the first two years are reasonable ($17M?) but balloons to ridiculousness in Yr 3 or 4.

crushedspirit
03-17-2022, 04:08 PM
Rams signed Robinson

Looks like they are set at WR again

feltdizz
03-17-2022, 04:17 PM
What I recall seeing was the first two years are reasonable ($17M?) but balloons to ridiculousness in Yr 3 or 4.

averaged 8.5 sacks the last 2 seasons.. and missed all of 2020.

$17 mill seems a bit much but maybe he found the fountain of youth.

Northern_Blitz
03-17-2022, 05:28 PM
What I recall seeing was the first two years are reasonable ($17M?) but balloons to ridiculousness in Yr 3 or 4.

And the agent gets paid on the full value...even though that sounds like a 2 year contract.

NorthCoast
03-17-2022, 10:21 PM
Gone unnoticed but significant; Ravens thought they had an agreement with Edge Z. Smith but now 'changed his mind' and declined the offer....hmmm. He's still a force as a pass rusher and BAL was pretty bad at rushing the QB last season. Win for PIT.

hackjam
03-17-2022, 10:50 PM

I don't think it's a great deal but I bet they can get out of that contract after 2 or 3 years without much heartburn. $45MM is fully guaranteed but I could see that being say, $10MM signing bonus + 2022 salary fully guaranteed + 2023 salary fully guaranteed leaving them with what are essentially team options for the remaining years of the deal.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-18-2022, 11:53 AM
Gone unnoticed but significant; Ravens thought they had an agreement with Edge Z. Smith but now 'changed his mind' and declined the offer....hmmm. He's still a force as a pass rusher and BAL was pretty bad at rushing the QB last season. Win for PIT.

Yes, I remember that signing. It was followed by posts slamming the Steelers FO for allowing the Ravens to land him. :D

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 12:14 PM

Situation is similar to Alualu last year. He agreed to terms with the Jags and got cold feet on signing day. He called the Steelers and accepted their lower offer.

whisper
03-18-2022, 12:17 PM

That smacks of desperation. Way too old for that kind of contract.

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 12:35 PM

Bills are in win now mode. It’ll be a good contract if it results in a championship. Everyone knows Von won’t play for another six years….but yes it’s a strange deal.

Steel Maniac
03-18-2022, 12:53 PM

Maybe but they wanted him for the next two years and that amount of money is what was needed to secure him. So they had to spread it out over a period to minimize the cap hit as much as possible. He'll be their for a couple of years max.

SteelBucks
03-18-2022, 02:35 PM
reports say the Steelers were after Vander Esch before he re-signed with Dallas. I like that they’re kicking tires on everyone.

SteelBucks
03-23-2022, 11:35 AM
It looks as if Tyreek Hill will get traded soon. The Chiefs and Hill couldn’t come to an contract agreement so they gave him permission to look for a trade partner.

Crazy offseason continues.

papillon
03-23-2022, 11:48 AM
It looks as if Tyreek Hill will get traded soon. The Chiefs and Hill couldn’t come to an contract agreement so they gave him permission to look for a trade partner.

Well, that's good for the rest of the NFL, KC will probably rely on Juju as their #1. Juju made a good business decision.

Pappy

feltdizz
03-23-2022, 11:55 AM
reports say the Steelers were after Vander Esch before he re-signed with Dallas. I like that they’re kicking tires on everyone.

dont tell me we are trying to win a championship..

FO isn’t working hard enough to sign these guys.

yes, that’s sarcasm

Northern_Blitz
03-23-2022, 11:56 AM

While it seems insane, these are the kinds of decisions you need to be willing to make when you have a big money QB IMO.

I wonder how much of that Juju knew when he made his decision.

NorthCoast
03-23-2022, 11:58 AM
reports say the Steelers were after Vander Esch before he re-signed with Dallas. I like that they’re kicking tires on everyone.Glad he resigned. Way too injured for my liking.

SteelBucks
03-23-2022, 12:20 PM
Sounds like Hill will go to either the Dolphins or Jets. Both are willing to give up a first and second round pick. Also pay Hill top dollar.

crushedspirit
03-23-2022, 12:21 PM

Dude loves money, and with the Adams deal, it's not enough to already be one of the highest paid, and playing with a top QB. He was asked to restructure last season to help the team, and he refused. KC backed this guy through his issues, but dude loves the money. I'm pretty sure Hunt has had enough, so he'll let him walk.

crushedspirit
03-23-2022, 12:37 PM
Looks like the Dolphins have him.

As a Waddle dynasty fantasy owner, I approve.

***What a haul for KC with 5 picks*** WOW

SteelerOfDeVille
03-23-2022, 12:56 PM
Well, that's good for the rest of the NFL, KC will probably rely on Juju as their #1. Juju made a good business decision.

Pappy
That puts them in the WR sweepstakes... my money is on Jahan Dotson for the chefs

SteelerOfDeVille
03-23-2022, 12:56 PM
Looks like the Dolphins have him.

As a Waddle dynasty fantasy owner, I approve.

***What a haul for KC with 5 picks*** WOW
oh wow - did he go to the chefs?

SteelerOfDeVille
03-23-2022, 01:00 PM
Time to go see what the Phins want for Devante Parker...

WindyCitySteel
03-23-2022, 01:03 PM
The Raiders and Dolphins have to be the dumbest organizations in the NFL. WR heavy draft and they ransom their future for guys in their late 20's.

feltdizz
03-23-2022, 01:04 PM
Dude loves money, and with the Adams deal, it's not enough to already be one of the highest paid, and playing with a top QB. He was asked to restructure last season to help the team, and he refused. KC backed this guy through his issues, but dude loves the money. I'm pretty sure Hunt has had enough, so he'll let him walk.

This is what happens when you have to pay a QB big money.. eventually the talent has to take a paycut or move on.

SteelBucks
03-23-2022, 01:06 PM
This is what happens when you have to pay a QB big money.. eventually the talent has to take a paycut or move on.

The Browns will learn this over the next five years.

crushedspirit
03-23-2022, 01:13 PM

I like the deal for Waddle since Hill will open up everything underneath in Miami

crushedspirit
03-23-2022, 01:14 PM

I'll take the QB over the WR every time for payday, and it's not like Hill didn't get a fair offer from KC. As is, now KC get rid of a big contract for a player soon on the decline, and have 5 picks to re-tool a bit. It's exactly how one should keep stocking for continual runs while sitting on a top QB getting paid big money. Sure, they might stumble a bit for a season, but it's a win-win for KC in my opinion.

WindyCitySteel
03-23-2022, 01:16 PM

So the smart move is to trade fungible pieces, like WRs and RBs. Mahomes with a good OL can throw to anyone.

crushedspirit
03-23-2022, 01:19 PM
So the smart move is to trade fungible pieces, like WRs and RBs. Mahomes with a good OL can throw to anyone.

This

Also, solid WRs come out of every draft, and is by far the most replaceable skilled position on offense

feltdizz
03-23-2022, 01:25 PM
I'll take the QB over the WR every time for payday, and it's not like Hill didn't get a fair offer from KC

Not a cap guy but it sounds like Hill was asked to restructure and he refused. He was in the last year of his contract and that would add more void years to it but he would still be a FA at the end of this season.

I’m sure he looked at what Adams made and wanted that security AND money. 4/$120M.. I mean, how can he be wrong from a business standpoint?

Plus its Miami AND better tax rates

crushedspirit
03-23-2022, 01:38 PM
Not a cap guy but it sounds like Hill was asked to restructure and he refused. He was in the last year of his contract and that would add more void years to it but he would still be a FA at the end of this season.

I’m sure he looked at what Adams made and wanted that security AND money. 4/$120M.. I mean, how can he be wrong from a business standpoint?

Plus its Miami AND better tax rates

They did ask him last season, and he said no. KC will take a hit this season for sure without him, and the struggle in that division will be real. Honestly though, speed guys don't have along shelf life, and at 28, he's soon on the decline. Looking long term, it's a good move for KC, especially if they hit on a couple of those picks they got in return.

Captain Lemming
03-23-2022, 01:41 PM

Dizz, what is your answer?
He asked for YOU by name. :)

Did he get added to this truly impressive line up?

THE CHEFS

https://assets.vogue.com/photos/589117a4fb0604bf1f5c0c69/master/w_900,c_limit/0-where-top-chefs-eat-off-duty-holding.jpg

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-23-2022, 02:11 PM
The Raiders and Dolphins have to be the dumbest organizations in the NFL. WR heavy draft and they ransom their future for guys in their late 20's.

Agreed, both teams give up a big haul and then had to sign them to "reset the market" type deals.

feltdizz
03-23-2022, 04:59 PM

Its definitely the smart move when the player refuses your offer.

But its not easy to replace chemistry. People always say “just get more in the draft” like its easy to find these players who fit.

They will draft WR’s and they may hit, but they can surely miss.. and when you have these other contracts burning up cap space it can quickly spiral. Its like spinning plates.

They also have to address that defense.

Captain Lemming
03-23-2022, 07:46 PM
Its definitely the smart move when the player refuses your offer.

But its not easy to replace chemistry. People always say “just get more in the draft” like its easy to find these players who fit.

They will draft WR’s and they may hit, but they can surely miss.. and when you have these other contracts burning up cap space it can quickly spiral. Its like spinning plates.

They also have to address that defense.

Matt Stafford spent half his career with a HOF caliber throw it up he will catch it receiver. PLENTY of chemistry.

FIRST SEASON OF HIS CAREER with elite defenders and RECEIVERS HE NEVER THROWN TO BEFORE ...dude has a ring.

feltdizz
03-24-2022, 08:32 AM
Matt Stafford spent half his career with a HOF caliber throw it up he will catch it receiver. PLENTY of chemistry.

FIRST SEASON OF HIS CAREER with elite defenders and RECEIVERS HE NEVER THROWN TO BEFORE ...dude has a ring.

and Jared Goff went to the Lions and didn’t win anything.

I have no idea what Stafford going to a has to do with KC having to replace Hill’s production.

I know you love to jump on SB winners wagons but that has to be the dumbest example ever given the actual topic being discussed.

Look at our offense without AB. Its been a struggle at that position since AB left. You guaranteed us JuJu would be a able to do it without AB and it never happened. Its hard to replace WR’s like AB (before he went off the rails), Hill, Adams, Hopkins.. its not just their stats, its the attention they receive which makes it easier for other players to get open.

and I’m not suggestion its impossible to hit on a WR in the draft and not miss a best but the chances of it happening this season are slim.

WindyCitySteel
03-25-2022, 06:59 AM
and Jared Goff went to the Lions and didn’t win anything.

You don't need the best QB to go to a Super Bowl if you have a great supporting cast and coaching staff. That's the argument for drafting a guy this year.

Trubisky/Haskins/Rudolph are not QBs you can build around, though, IMO.

SteelBucks
03-25-2022, 11:25 AM
There’s a rumor that Brady is trying to work his way out of TB and down to Miami. Not sure I buy this considering he was calling TB free agents to stay.

feltdizz
03-25-2022, 12:48 PM
You don't need the best QB to go to a Super Bowl if you have a great supporting cast and coaching staff. That's the argument for drafting a guy this year.

You don’t need the best at any position to make a SB.

Oviedo
03-25-2022, 02:14 PM
There’s a rumor that Brady is trying to work his way out of TB and down to Miami. Not sure I buy this considering he was calling TB free agents to stay.

I heard the same rumor because that is Giselle's preferred land spot because of business considerations

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-25-2022, 04:57 PM

I don't want the Steelers to avoid QB in this draft because I think that Trubisky/Haskins/Rudolph is the guy. I want them to avoid QB because my fear is that the drafted QB joins that list of average QBs at an expensive draft cost. If the Steelers do go QB at all (not just the first round) I hope it is because they have scouted that QB so thoroughly (which I believe they would have) and have determined that he is the next ___________ (insert name of elite QB here).If they go QB because they feel that they just need a QB so draft the next highest QB on their draft board of mediocre prospects then I believe it is a failure. The one thing I know for sure though is that if they do draft QB they will say that they spent a lot of time and effort on this guy and he is the QB in this draft that they believe will become the next Ben/Mahomes/Rodgers/Montana/Brady/Unitas all rolled into one - as they should say.

crushedspirit
03-26-2022, 11:56 AM
KC got Jones on the cheap. Don't know what the Steelers are waiting on for a decent backup to Najee.

steeler_george
03-27-2022, 07:00 AM
KC got Jones on the cheap. Don't know what the Steelers are waiting on for a decent backup to Najee.

I am thinking that they are waiting for the market to take a bigger dive... there are a lot of FA vet RB that suit the bill.

Mack is still available, who I think would fit nice. Time to move on from Benny Snell.

Another player( WR position) who might be dirt cheap is Fuller. When that guy is healthy he might be the best field stretcher in the game.
Might be swing for the fences move, IF price is right.

I wonder if Parker from Miami is available now? I never was a big fan of his, but he might fit in well here as a vet leader. DJ-Parker-CC and a rookie (Ross, Pickens, Sky)

NorthCoast
03-28-2022, 03:45 PM
Finally some real news..wonder if this was a Flore pick, Tomlin pick or Colbert??;

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51967384018_01e858d0e8.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2nbbqKC)Capture (https://flic.kr/p/2nbbqKC) by R W (https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/), on Flickr

Chucktownsteeler
03-28-2022, 04:02 PM
I don't know anything about this signing. Maybe camp fodder.

NorthCoast
03-28-2022, 04:09 PM
Looking over the FA RBs still out there, one that intrigues me is Marlon Mack. Was a 1,000 yd runner, has 4.5 speed. Got hurt in 2020 and went on IR. Indy moved on after that. Not sure if he is back from his injury but he is still young. The other one is Justin Jackson from LAC. Again relatively young, had 500+ all purpose yds last season. Also has 4.5 speed. One of these could be an inexpensive, change of pace backup option for Najee.

NorthCoast
03-28-2022, 04:10 PM
I don't know anything about this signing. Maybe camp fodder.He's on the level of a Schobert last season. But I've heard Flores is a miracle worker.

crushedspirit
03-28-2022, 05:31 PM
Looking over the FA RBs still out there, one that intrigues me is Marlon Mack. Was a 1,000 yd runner, has 4.5 speed. Got hurt in 2020 and went on IR. Indy moved on after that. Not sure if he is back from his injury but he is still young. The other one is Justin Jackson from LAC. Again relatively young, had 500+ all purpose yds last season. Also has 4.5 speed. One of these could be an inexpensive, change of pace backup option for Najee.

I like both of them on the cheap. They should take a look at Jalen Richard as well. I like his catching skills, and he would be a solid backup/3rd down back.

Chucktownsteeler
03-28-2022, 05:32 PM
We could use serious upgrades at RB after Harris. We don't have much after #22.

Northern_Blitz
03-28-2022, 06:04 PM
Apparently has played snaps at off-the-ball and edge.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-28-2022, 11:38 PM
Apparently has played snaps at off-the-ball and edge.

I was reading that he is expected to play outside.

steeler_george
03-29-2022, 07:02 AM

How about if we trade for Gaskins... he has to be on the trade market.

Miami signed Edmunds, Mosart, and have Ahmed.
Miami has no draft picks.
Miami has no cap space.

That would be a nice 1-2 punch with Najee.
Could also allow Najee to split out as a slot.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-29-2022, 09:28 AM
How about if we trade for Gaskins... he has to be on the trade market.

Miami signed Edmunds, Mosart, and have Ahmed.
Miami has no draft picks.
Miami has no cap space.

That would be a nice 1-2 punch with Najee.
Could also allow Najee to split out as a slot.
I wouldn't give up more than a 5th rounder

Northern_Blitz
03-29-2022, 10:25 AM
I was reading that he is expected to play outside.

We certainly need at least a 3rd and maybe 4th edge.

Is Taco still under contract with us? Or has he signed with anyone?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-29-2022, 11:04 AM
Is Taco still under contract with us? Or has he signed with anyone?

No and no.

Northern_Blitz
03-29-2022, 11:47 AM
No and no.

Maybe we can get him back as a 4th for cheap?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-29-2022, 03:46 PM
Maybe we can get him back as a 4th for cheap?

He seemed like a good back up while here. No need to rush to him but wouldn't be upset if he was OLB#4.