PDA

View Full Version : OT: No criminal charges for Watson!

feltdizz
03-11-2022, 06:10 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33478887/houston-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-face-criminal-charges-connection-sexual-misconduct-allegations

Buzz
03-11-2022, 06:11 PM
Doesn't necessarily mean he's coming to the Steelers

feltdizz
03-11-2022, 06:16 PM
Doesn't necessarily mean he's coming to the Steelers

of course not.

just means the rumors and click bait articles will ramp up

Northern_Blitz
03-11-2022, 06:20 PM
of course not.

This.

Would be nice if the league came out and said what his suspension will be....assuming they suspend him.

I don't think he's been suspended yet, but maybe the league considers what Hou did last year a suspension? Although I don't think it counts as a suspension by league rules because I think he was still being paid and I don't think teams can suspend more then 4 games (at least that was the case when Ben got suspended for sexual misconduct).

But as with all things NFL, Goodell can just make up whatever he wants to do on the spot. So, stay tuned I guess.

SteelBucks
03-11-2022, 06:29 PM
of course not.

I pray Shaun King is correct. I know I’m grasping at false hope but that’s all we got.

SteelBucks
03-11-2022, 06:30 PM
This.

Would be nice if the league came out and said what his suspension will be....assuming they suspend him.

I don't think he's been suspended yet, but maybe the league considers what Hou did last year a suspension? Although I don't think it counts as a suspension by league rules because I think he was still being paid and I don't think teams can suspend more then 4 games (at least that was the case when Ben got suspended for sexual misconduct).

But as with all things NFL, Goodell can just make up whatever he wants to do on the spot. So, stay tuned I guess.

I’m not sure what the NFL will do. He did already sit out last season so that may satisfy the league. I still think 4 games max.

Steel Maniac
03-11-2022, 06:56 PM
He beat the criminal charges which is what I suspected. DA smelled something fishy in all these supposed "allegations".

hawaiiansteel
03-11-2022, 06:58 PM
Seahawks seem to be the favorites to land Watson, with the Panthers being very aggressive also.

Steelerphile
03-11-2022, 07:01 PM
22 Women say basically the same thing. Even if charges are dropped, I think he probably did some or a lot of it. He's rich and famous so the justice system was good to him. If he was poor and a no name, the justice system would have probably hit him harder. There are innocent people who have been convicted and guilty people who have been acquitted. Sometimes charges being dismissed are based on more than the charges lacking substance.

SteelBucks
03-11-2022, 07:21 PM
Seahawks seem to be the favorites to land Watson, with the Panthers being very aggressive also.

I guess the only positive is one of those teams wouldn’t draft a QB. I still don’t think Willis falls to 20 and that’s the only QB I’m interested in.

Northern_Blitz
03-11-2022, 07:25 PM
22 Women say basically the same thing. Even if charges are dropped, I think he probably did some or a lot of it. He's rich and famous so the justice system was good to him. If he was poor and a no name, the justice system would have probably hit him harder. There are innocent people who have been convicted and guilty people who have been acquitted. Sometimes charges being dismissed are based on more than the charges lacking substance.

I'm kind of surprised that it didn't go forward based on the numbers alone.

Seems pretty unlikely to me that 20-some people were conspiring against him. Although to be fair, I don't know how many of those accusations were elevated to criminal investigations.

feltdizz
03-11-2022, 09:37 PM
I'm kind of surprised that it didn't go forward based on the numbers alone.

Seems pretty unlikely to me that 20-some people were conspiring against him. Although to be fair, I don't know how many of those accusations were elevated to criminal investigations.

That lawyer representing the women is like Gloria Alridge. Those type of lawyers hold press conferences and try to get as many names as possible so it will sway public opinion. They rarely want to go to trial.

So you have people saying “20-something women saying the same thing so it must be true” but how many of these women were under oath? We heard numbers.. the grand jury heard evidence.

Not defending Watson’s actions but if a grand jury had a year and no charges were filed it must mean there were holes in their stories.

Also heard the FBI was looking into text messages and some were trying to shake him down.. while others had more than one encounter which could suggest they were doing a “service”

Watson is still an idiot but I’ve always felt like the timing was suspect. As soon as he says he is sitting out he goes from stand up guy to serial rapist?

Ernie
03-12-2022, 04:59 AM
I pray Shaun King is correct. I know I’m grasping at false hope but that’s all we got.

The Panthers are reportedly ready to give up 3 first round pics plus players.. no thanks.

WindyCitySteel
03-12-2022, 09:32 AM

Bingo. He and Robert Kraft both benefitted from the same Rich Privilege.

At best, it seems Watson is a sexual deviant/addict.

Steel Maniac
03-12-2022, 11:33 AM

There is a whole sub-culture that you are unaware of. Prostitution is ran of the internet now; especially Instagram. Watson solicited those women. They have no crediability so the DA dismissed the charges.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-12-2022, 11:44 AM

Too many people. 1 or 2 okay I could believe Watson. But 22 people who don't know each other. I want to know how much he paid the to keep quiet.

hawaiiansteel
03-12-2022, 11:44 AM

perhaps, but I don't think he's a criminal deserving jail time.

Steel Maniac
03-12-2022, 11:50 AM
Too many people. 1 or 2 okay I could believe Watson. But 22 people who don't know each other. I want to know how much he paid the to keep quiet.

22 prostitutes dude. This is why the case was treated with such “ hush hush” by all parties over the last few months.

hawaiiansteel
03-12-2022, 11:52 AM

I don't think those women have received any money yet.

WindyCitySteel
03-12-2022, 12:06 PM
22 prostitutes dude. This is why the case was treated with such “ hush hush” by all parties over the last few months.

Let's assume that's true. Still don't want him as my QB. When we're on the road for a big game he needs to be in the hotel, not out paying to get his knob waxed.

Anybody paying for it that much has serious issues.

feltdizz
03-12-2022, 12:24 PM

I definitely believe Watson may have had services from 22 women. However, I doubt it was forced.

More than likely the evidence reviewed had text that proved it wasn’t forced.

Also, when this originally
started it was a few women. The the lawyer goes on TV and says he is filing a civil suit and invites women to jump on board. Its pretty easy to tell the same story once you hear the original charges on TV.

But like NB said, how many of these 22 women actually testified under oath?

I’m curious if the civil case goes anywhere now that the criminal case fell apart?

feltdizz
03-12-2022, 12:29 PM
Let's assume that's true. Still don't want him as my QB. When we're on the road for a big game he needs to be in the hotel, not out paying to get his knob waxed.

Anybody paying for it that much has serious issues.

ha.. pretty sure most of these massages take place in his hotel room.

and while I’m not one to do it, I think a $100 mill QB paying for services is safer than running the streets and picking up rando’s for sex. Watson just went too cheap.

and once again, the timing of it all is suspect. As soon as he announced his displeasure with the Texans and demands a trade he turns into a predator?

Northern_Blitz
03-12-2022, 01:50 PM
I definitely believe Watson may have had services from 22 women. However, I doubt it was forced.

More than likely the evidence reviewed had text that proved it wasn’t forced.

Also, when this originally
started it was a few women. The the lawyer goes on TV and says he is filing a civil suit and invites women to jump on board. Its pretty easy to tell the same story once you hear the original charges on TV.

But like NB said, how many of these 22 women actually testified under oath?

I’m curious if the civil case goes anywhere now that the criminal case fell apart?

I think I heard somewhere it was 8 women that were involved in the grand jury.

Very surprised that it didn't go further. Seems like that many accusations suggests that it's worth trying to find out what happened in court.

But hard to know without having all the information.

Still, seems like there's too many people for it to be a conspiracy.