PDA

View Full Version : Wentz to Washington

NorthCoast
03-09-2022, 02:55 PM
Per radio
Allegedly couple of 3rd round pic8

Buzz
03-09-2022, 03:04 PM
This won't necessarily stop them from taking a QB early in round 1, IMO.

SteelBucks
03-09-2022, 03:26 PM
Per radio
Allegedly couple of 3rd round pic8

Washington is getting desperate.

feltdizz
03-09-2022, 03:31 PM
Washington is getting desperate.

Rivera should’ve been more patient with Haskins.. lol.

whisper
03-09-2022, 03:48 PM
Rivera should’ve been more patient with Haskins.. lol.

They still might might draft someone too. Rivera is one of those old-school defensive coaches, like Cowher, who thinks QB's don't need over-emphasized. Good luck with that attitude in this day and age. Or heck, even 20 years ago. The Steelers are the perfect example of how having a superior D and rushing game usually has you coming up short over 90% of the time if you don't have a franchise QB. Only the 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs defied that trend, that that was two decades ago.

T.Ferguson
03-09-2022, 03:50 PM
Who is going to be the Colts QB now? Teammates must really hate playing for him.

Joel Buchsbaum
03-09-2022, 04:02 PM
This won't necessarily stop them from taking a QB early in round 1, IMO.

It probably will unless they pick the developmental QB / Project.

WindyCitySteel
03-09-2022, 04:06 PM
Who is going to be the Colts QB now? Teammates must really hate playing for him.

Saw a tweet that they're targeting Garoppolo, which would be awesome for the Steelers.

Unfortunately, that pretty much leaves us with Tyrod, Brissett, or Bridgewater.

NorthCoast
03-09-2022, 04:08 PM
Who is going to be the Colts QB now? Teammates must really hate playing for him.rumors are they are making a play for Trubisky

feltdizz
03-09-2022, 04:25 PM
Saw a tweet that they're targeting Garoppolo, which would be awesome for the Steelers.

nah.. we aren’t taking any of those dudes

at least we better not, lol

SteelerOfDeVille
03-09-2022, 04:33 PM

only if we don't draft a QB this year and need an average veteran...

As a side note, Bridgewater's underrated. Give him a line and this team would win 12 games - and a playoff game. He's very Dilfer-esque - not going to WIN a lotta games for ya, but isn't going to lose them either. Easily my top pick of the Mariota, Tyrod, etc group.

Northern_Blitz
03-09-2022, 04:35 PM

I think that's the group we were looking at from the beginning. Maybe MM too.

Just the internet tried to make people think that AR was coming here.

feltdizz
03-09-2022, 04:42 PM

As a side note, Bridgewater's underrated. Give him a line and this team would win 12 games - and a playoff game. He's very Dilfer-esque - not going to WIN a lotta games for ya, but isn't going to lose them either. Easily my top pick of the Mariota, Tyrod, etc group.

Bridgewater is Mason with a tan.. lol. No thanks.

Dude is a bit too safe for me.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-09-2022, 04:43 PM
rumors are they are making a play for Trubisky

There is not an NFL QB in the league today (or within the past 5 years) who isn't currently being linked to the Steelers.

NorthCoast
03-09-2022, 04:45 PM
There is not an NFL QB in the league today (or within the past 5 years) who isn't currently being linked to the Steelers.I was talking about the Colts looking at Trubisky

SteelerOfDeVille
03-09-2022, 04:48 PM
Bridgewater is Mason with a tan.. lol. No thanks.

Dude is a bit too safe for me.
he's smarter... he undertands playbooks and does a significantly better job with presnap reads.

And to be clear, the only way I'd even want any of those guys (including Bridgewater) is if they DON'T take a QB in the draft. At that point, ya gotta fill the roster with someone to be Mason's backup.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-09-2022, 05:14 PM
I was talking about the Colts looking at Trubisky

Wait, I thought he was coming to Pittsburgh. ;)

SteelBucks
03-09-2022, 05:26 PM

I’m sticking to my Watson dream until it doesn’t happen.

flippy
03-09-2022, 05:28 PM

Theres probably a better shot we end up with Heineke.

Northern_Blitz
03-09-2022, 05:35 PM
he's smarter... he undertands playbooks and does a significantly better job with presnap reads.

And to be clear, the only way I'd even want any of those guys (including Bridgewater) is if they DON'T take a QB in the draft. At that point, ya gotta fill the roster with someone to be Mason's backup.

I don't disagree with this sentiment. But the issue is that the way the NFL calendar is set up, we'll probably have to decide on a UFA QB before the draft. Unless we decide to bring in whatever is left after everyone else is already signed. Which I won't mind because I really think most of the UFAs won't offer too much of an upgrade over Mason and I'd rather use the extra cap space to make the team better.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-09-2022, 05:36 PM
Theres probably a better shot we end up with Heineke.

Heineke makes me think of what I said about Mariota. You watch him and he makes a few plays that make you wonder how he was on the scrap heap. Then you see him make a couple of bone headed plays or miss a wide open receiver and it answers your question.

feltdizz
03-09-2022, 05:50 PM
regarding Mariotta. I watched that game and had the same thought. He balled out but then he made RZ mistakes that killed drives.

But here is the thing, it happens.. even with the best QB’s. Do you let him play through these mistakes or give up on him? I think a Mariotta can overcome those things if he can stay healthy.

Not saying Mariotta is my favorite but I am intrigued by his mobility. I would be more excited with him than a Trubisky, Minshew or Bridgwater.. or gulp, Tyrod Taylor.

Northern_Blitz
03-09-2022, 05:59 PM

I don't think it happens because I don't think we want to go through the sexual assault stuff again...but this is currently on the front page of the Depot

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/03/report-pending-a-positive-outcome-in-court-friday-texans-deshaun-watson-could-be-a-steeler-soon-after/

Follows the mantra of "link every QB option to the Steelers because the fan base is large and you'll get more interactions that way"

SteelBucks
03-09-2022, 06:07 PM
I don't think it happens because I don't think we want to go through the sexual assault stuff again...but this is currently on the front page of the Depot

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/03/report-pending-a-positive-outcome-in-court-friday-texans-deshaun-watson-could-be-a-steeler-soon-after/

Follows the mantra of "link every QB option to the Steelers because the fan base is large and you'll get more interactions that way"

A guy can dream.

We signed Vick, who did time, so anything is possible but I agree the Steelers will pass on Watson.

Steel Maniac
03-09-2022, 08:43 PM
A guy can dream.

We signed Vick, who did time, so anything is possible but I agree the Steelers will pass on Watson.

If Watson's criminal charges are dropped by the DA this coming Friday, Watson will be one of the most pursued QB' s ever in the NFL.

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2022, 09:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKC9bAKghSw

WindyCitySteel
03-09-2022, 09:15 PM

Lol, he makes Alex Smith look like Dan Marino. Never won 12 games, went 7-7 with a Denver team that could run the ball, had dynamic WRs, and ranked 3rd in scoring defense.

He blows.