PDA

View Full Version : Random Mock Simulation

flippy
03-07-2022, 04:37 PM
What do yinz think of the following random draft?

1. David Ojabo - Edge - Michigan

2. Isaiah Likely - TE - Coastal Carolina

3. Daniel Faalele - OT - Minnesota

4. Calvin Austin III - WR - Memphis

7. Nasir Greer - S - Wake Forrest

7. Jack Coan - QB - Notre Dame

7. Tanner Conner - WR - Idaho State

Not a draft I would have put together, but some interesting picks here for sure. I'd be pretty excited about Ojabo even though I'm not 100% sure we need him.

TE - WTF?

OT is a monster. Austin is a lighting fast midget. These 2 picks in a row would be like drafting Shaq and then Simone Biles size wise.

I like the 7th round picks. All could be complete misses, but I like the chances.

Clearly we would have had to address some areas in FA.

Chucktownsteeler
03-07-2022, 04:43 PM
I like #1, #3, #4, and #7b. I have Faalele in my mock below.

We don't need a TE.

whisper
03-07-2022, 04:50 PM
What do yinz think of the following random draft?

1. David Ojabo - Edge - Michigan

2. Isaiah Likely - TE - Coastal Carolina

3. Daniel Faalele - OT - Minnesota

4. Calvin Austin III - WR - Memphis

7. Nasir Greer - S - Wake Forrest

7. Jack Coan - QB - Notre Dame

7. Tanner Conner - WR - Idaho State

Not a draft I would have put together, but some interesting picks here for sure. I'd be pretty excited about Ojabo even though I'm not 100% sure we need him.

TE - WTF?

OT is a monster. Austin is a lighting fast midget. These 2 picks in a row would be like drafting Shaq and then Simone Biles size wise.

I like the 7th round picks. All could be complete misses, but I like the chances.

Clearly we would have had to address some areas in FA.

Hate it, TE in the 2nd? Why the F would we do that with all our other holes and having spent a 2nd on Muth just last year? No edge rusher at 1:20 either; we just spent a king's ransom on TJ.

We better spend some higher picks on OL, regardless if we add a player in FA to cover it. And ILB, CB and WR are needed as well and DT and probably DE even _IF_ Tuitt is back.

flippy
03-07-2022, 05:13 PM
Hate it, TE in the 2nd? Why the F would we do that with all our other holes and having spent a 2nd on Muth just last year? No edge rusher at 1:20 either; we just spent a king's ransom on TJ.

We better spend some higher picks on OL, regardless if we add a player in FA to cover it. And ILB, CB and WR are needed as well and DT and probably DE even _IF_ Tuitt is back.

The positions were odd to say the least.

I would think we will draft a CB somewhere too.

I can live with the 1st round pick if he's the best player on the board, but WTF with the TE? I like our TE depth and think it's one of our best units. I see 0 need at that position.

papillon
03-07-2022, 05:16 PM
Not a fan but, that's exactly what I am, a fan, so, I'd have to get over it and hope everything pans out.

Pappy

NJ-STEELER
03-07-2022, 06:50 PM
not hearing good things about that OT,

he's almost too big for his own good

Bawb the Revelator
03-07-2022, 07:20 PM

I can live with the 1st round pick if he's the best player on the board, but WTF with the TE? I like our TE depth and think it's one of our best units. I see 0 need at that position.

A 2022 BPA Edge Rushing LB with Watt and Highsmith safe and signed? I can't quite wrap my strange head around it but there's a 1st time for everything . From LA it looks like Trubisky's nearly as inevitable as Karl Marx's Withering Away of the State. I'm hearing that Utah MLB Devin Lloyd is today's combination Lawrence Taylor AND Jack Lambert but in my 84th Year with disgustingly great health it might be just the usual voices in my head. And everybody knows better than I do so just ignore this, okay? :)

Iron City Inc.
03-07-2022, 08:20 PM
Nothing wrong with going heavy 22 personnel. It's not ideal but if Likely was PF 2.0 and can play the Y I wouldn't hate it. Ojabo is a good player but where does he fit? Can Highsmith move inside? Can Ojabo play the Buck? I like Faalele his feet are not bad at all. I think he goes 2nd round just based on potential. He'll need to get in better shape n get quicker but upside is also big. Road grader type. Need for a RT who is a road grader can't be denied. Watched some tape on him n he can play.
So overall some vg players but the fit may not be there.

SteelerMaine83
03-07-2022, 08:52 PM
Always interesting to see what the random simulator does. I can't see any way an algorithm would choose a TE for us in the 2nd. Some of these are pretty random alright, but some of those were hits.

flippy
03-08-2022, 04:26 AM
Always interesting to see what the random simulator does. I can't see any way an algorithm would choose a TE for us in the 2nd. Some of these are pretty random alright, but some of those were hits.

I can’t remember who turned me on to these sims in the first place, but I’ve been playing around with them a little more to see which random players might be there when we pick.

Seems a little more interesting this year cause we have so many slots to fill. I just decided to share this one cause it was one of more unusual hauls I saw. Especially with the OLB and TE in the 1st 2 rounds. I don’t see us going that way, but I’m also a draft the BPA and if those are the guys???

feltdizz
03-08-2022, 07:41 AM
this draft is the definition of random

flippy
03-08-2022, 08:11 AM
this draft is the definition of random

I should have mentioned, I've been playing with this simulator:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

It does a pretty good job of being quite random which is a fun way to learn about and end up researching more guys. The one guy I noticed in my simulations that keeps coming up in round 3 is the OT Faalele.

Either that must be a sign or a reminder that this stuff is like a Tarot card reader. :)

SteelBucks
03-08-2022, 11:14 AM
not hearing good things about that OT,

he's almost too big for his own good

He’s a load. I remember watching him every time Minnesota played Ohio State. You never remember hearing his name called during a game….which is a good thing for an offensive lineman.

I’m not sure how well his game will transition to the pros but he was dominant in college.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-08-2022, 12:46 PM

if they switch the OLB with a CB....

passhappy
03-08-2022, 01:30 PM
I should have mentioned, I've been playing with this simulator:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

It does a pretty good job of being quite random which is a fun way to learn about and end up researching more guys. The one guy I noticed in my simulations that keeps coming up in round 3 is the OT Faalele.

Either that must be a sign or a reminder that this stuff is like a Tarot card reader. :)

Tried this one last night, lots of trade opps

passhappy
03-08-2022, 02:16 PM
no trades
team logo
pfn-logo-black

PIT
Trevor Penning
OT Northern Iowa

PIT
Chad Muma
LB Wyoming

PIT
Justyn Ross
WR Clemson

PIT
Jamaree Salyer
OG Georgia

PIT
Zach VanValkenburg
EDGE Iowa

PIT
Nasir Greer
S Wake Forest

now for trades

passhappy
03-08-2022, 03:02 PM
trade back.....#20 =nyg-#36,#67#81
pit 84=SF #93, 172

PIT

Zion Johnson
OG Boston College
trade icon

PIT
Jahan Dotson
WR Penn State

PIT

Quay Walker
LB Georgia
trade icon
PIT

Nik Bonitto
EDGE Oklahoma
trade icon
PIT

Bernhard Raimann
OT Central Michigan
trade icon
PIT

Tariq Castro-Fields
CB Penn State
PIT

Sterling Weatherford
S Miami-Oh
trade icon
PIT

Zach VanValkenburg
EDGE Iowa
PIT

Dustin Crum
QB Kent State

papillon
03-08-2022, 03:16 PM
Trade back with Cleveland and left with a Cleveland's 2nd in 2023, only a 3 round mock sim. The sim presents trade backs in almost every sim that I did which probably isn't realistic. If the one below would arise I can't see the Steelers passing it by. Trading their 20th for 44, 78 and 98 plus a 2nd in 2023.

2.44 - Zion Johnson, OG
2.52 - Desmond Ridder, QB
3.78 - Martin Emerson, CB
3.84 - Logan Hall, DE
4.98 - Wan'Dale Robinson, WR

Pappy

passhappy
03-08-2022, 04:18 PM
there is such a big gap between picks 138 and 223, a lot of help we could use....I LIKE TRADING BACK we need picks, even if we want to move back up

NJ-STEELER
03-08-2022, 08:14 PM
don't think zion lasts to the 2nd round.

read he was impressive at the combine.
at his weight, not much fat on him at all

papillon
03-08-2022, 10:25 PM
don't think zion lasts to the 2nd round.

read he was impressive at the combine.
at his weight, not much fat on him at all

He was there when I was the GM. :D

Pappy

passhappy
03-08-2022, 11:26 PM
a lot of the sims has him going to cincy at 31

WindyCitySteel
03-09-2022, 09:52 PM
I like this mock from SteelersDepot's Jonathan Heit-something. Follow the tweet threads about Ridder. I love this guy.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/03/heitritter-pittsburgh-steelers-2022-mock-draft-1-0-post-combine/

passhappy
03-09-2022, 11:42 PM
trade back sim
team logo
pfn-logo-black
PIT
Desmond Ridder
QB Cincinnati
trade icon

PIT
Jahan Dotson
WR Penn State
trade icon

PIT
Daniel Faalele
OT Minnesota

PIT
Jamaree Salyer
OG Georgia

PIT
Connor Heyward
RB Michigan State

PIT
Nasir Greer
S Wake Forest

1 of many

passhappy
03-10-2022, 12:22 AM
PIT

Christian Harris
LB Alabama
trade icon
PIT

Desmond Ridder
QB Cincinnati
PIT

Skyy Moore
WR Western Michigan
trade icon
PIT

Nicholas Petit-Frere
OT Ohio State
trade icon
PIT

Jamaree Salyer
OG Georgia
PIT

Connor Heyward
RB Michigan State
PIT

David Anenih
EDGE Houston
trade icon
PIT

Velus Jones Jr.
WR Tennessee
trade icon
2023 DET 2nd

steeler_george
03-10-2022, 06:17 AM
I like this mock from SteelersDepot's Jonathan Heit-something. Follow the tweet threads about Ridder. I love this guy.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/03/heitritter-pittsburgh-steelers-2022-mock-draft-1-0-post-combine/

Ridder is gaining steam... I am starting to be a believer too.
He might be the pro ready QB in the draft along his physical tools. WOW

steeler_george
03-10-2022, 06:41 AM
my random mock, but doubt it

1 Davis NT
2 Ridder QB
3 Skyy WR
4 Clark ILB

That would be one hell of a draft, if we:

Keep the DBS together-Haden, Spoon, Sutton, Fitz, Edmunds, Tre, and Kilbrew.

Sign 3 FA OL ( Chucks or other OT, G-C Daniels, and another true Guard. Moore-Dotson-Green/Daniels-Daniels/ FA G/Leglue- Chucks or FA OT.

WR: DJ, Claypool, Skyy
I

flippy
03-10-2022, 07:47 AM
I’m liking these drafts more and more with Ridder. Also liking Dotson and Moore a lot.

If we get a little lucky with the right picks, we might not be that far away from turning this thing quickly.

But it’s gonna take a lot of luck.

WindyCitySteel
03-10-2022, 08:32 AM
Ridder is gaining steam... I am starting to be a believer too.
He might be the pro ready QB in the draft along his physical tools. WOW

He does subtle things, too, like sliding in the pocket and moving safeties with his eyes.

He doesn't run a lot, so his athletic ability is underrated, but I think he's just scratching the surface.

WindyCitySteel
03-10-2022, 08:33 AM
BTW, where would Dan Marino go in this draft?

"Too many INTs, the guy's got a nice arm, but he's a statue. The dual-threat QB is the future."

Cuz I watch Carson Strong highlights and that release...

passhappy
03-10-2022, 02:12 PM
Ridder is gaining steam....44-5 or something like that.....if he played at alab people would be drooling

passhappy
03-10-2022, 05:38 PM
I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE

PIT

Trevor Penning
OT Northern Iowa
PIT

Carson Strong
QB Nevada
PIT

Skyy Moore
WR Western Michigan